Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (323) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5435541 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ebenz4(m): 10:26am On Apr 20, 2013
plz can i track badru5 with 90cm here in lagos
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 12:42pm On Apr 20, 2013
@all,
pls help me i was upgrading my 4922A to 1.19p software unfortunately the generately got off... So i tried to do decoder to decoder transfer i searched for firmware transfer from another 4922A but i didn't see it. Pls what could i do to resolve the problem? Thank u all.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 2:04pm On Apr 20, 2013
SULIEMAN3: @all,
pls help me i was upgrading my 4922A to 1.19p software unfortunately the generately got off... So i tried to do decoder to decoder transfer i searched ched for firmware transfer from another 4922A but i didn't see it. Pls what could i do to resolve the problem? Thank u all.
Why don't you just download the software and transfer to the receiver with srt loader.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 2:14pm On Apr 20, 2013
Ameboperoo: Why don't you just download the software and transfer to the receiver with srt loader.
i hv never used str loader b4. Pls how do i go about it?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 4:01pm On Apr 20, 2013
Go to wizkid you will find srt loader version 1.9... Download it and unzip it. Then connect ur rx to the system but don't turn it on yet. Open the unzipped loader u will c something like download software (I can't remember exactly). A Window will open for u to search the particular software u want to load. U will be prompted to turn on your rx. Turn it on and it starts loading. If you have any other questions you may ask.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 4:18pm On Apr 20, 2013
Ameboperoo: Go to wizkid you will find srt loader version 1.9... Download it and unzip it. Then connect ur rx to the system but don't turn it on yet. Open the unzipped loader u will c something like download software (I can't remember exactly). A Window will open for u to search the particular software u want to load. U will be prompted to turn on your rx. Turn it on and it starts loading. If you have any other questions you may ask.
thank u very much. But i'm going to look for 4922A loader or i should just look for 1.9 version strong loader? Thank u.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 5:15pm On Apr 20, 2013
odilibe: This strong boxes you stated, are not linux based operating system/open source receivers like dreambox..direct me to the link or to the website, where it is stated..cheers grin
@Odilibe"Nde ewo onye ukwu biko what is the way out bcus i have checked Strong link Non of their STB is Linux based & Infinity package refuse to show pic on my 4669x with 65% unlike before.Biko throw more light on it Sir.Secoundly 4922A/4930L which one of them is best for me to buy?.Cheers.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 5:24pm On Apr 20, 2013
Pls i need strong loader for 4922A. I hv serched for it from crosat.us(wizkid) but i was unable to see any.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ponani: 6:09pm On Apr 20, 2013
olenyi:

Whats ur phone make and model. If u cant buy it, u can root/jail break/hack ur phone and i'll send u or upload the free hacked version of the app.

Regard.
please can u send it to my email box aawofodu@yahoo.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ussals(m): 7:55pm On Apr 20, 2013
williams85: most Linux based devices don't work on ad_hoc wifi, rather on infrastructure wifi.
if u are using Android, u will understand.
sure, i can testify to that cuz i created an adhoc wireless ntwk from my laptop it couldnt connect bt wit my android phone na plug n play
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ussals(m): 7:57pm On Apr 20, 2013
SULIEMAN3: Pls i need strong loader for 4922A. I hv serched for it from crosat.us(wizkid) but i was unable to see any.
the strong loader stated above should work for u
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 9:11pm On Apr 20, 2013
Ameboperoo: Go to wizkid you will find srt loader version 1.9... Download it and unzip it. Then connect ur rx to the system but don't turn it on yet. Open the unzipped loader u will c something like download software (I can't remember exactly). A Window will open for u to search the particular software u want to load. U will be prompted to turn on your rx. Turn it on and it starts loading. If you have any other questions you may ask.
thank u i'm very grateful. U hv jst done everything for me, the rx is now working fine... Thank u all.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 9:21pm On Apr 20, 2013
ponani: please can u send it to my email box aawofodu@yahoo.com
ponani: Nokia N96 thanks bro,waiting

I've sent it across via email. Couldn't upload here. Was more dan 200kilobite max for the server.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 9:31pm On Apr 20, 2013
olenyi:

@Rextab.

Just a suggestion. Why not upload the fake patches u have for all the different receivers to nairaland server. Maybe on the frequently asked questions thread and then u can refere people dia instaed of all this send mail, u got mail stuff.

Regards.

I now know better. The nairaland server doesn't support any meaningful file upload as it has a max file upload of 200kb. grin

Regards.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 11:07pm On Apr 20, 2013
kd10: @Odilibe"Nde ewo onye ukwu biko what is the way out bcus i have checked Strong link Non of their STB is Linux based & Infinity package refuse to show pic on my 4669x with 65% unlike before.Biko throw more light on it Sir.Secoundly 4922A/4930L which one of them is best for me to buy?.Cheers.
@kd10...I don't think this is a linux operating system issue...i have examined the Tuner specification of strong boxes at their website, the srt 4922A and others etc...this is what i found out...

This is the frequency of infinity bouquet at Amos 5_17east below...

Frequency :11156 vertical.
Symbol rate:45000
FEC rate: 3/5
Mode;DVBS2..MPEG-4..QPSK
Encryption;CONAX

Tuner specifications of strong srt 4922A and others srt related to this are below

Input symbol rate:DVBS: 2-45MS/S
DVBS2:10-30MSPS(QPSK & 8PSK )

FEC decode DVB-S : 1/2, 2/3, 3/4, 5/6 and 7/8
DVB-S2: 1/2, 3/5, 2/3, 3/4, 4/5,5/6,8/9,9/10(QPSK)
3/5, 2/3, 3/4, 5/6, 8/9, 9/10(8PSK)

Here is the break down analysis

The strong srt boxes related to the above specification did not comply with the symbol rate of infinity bouquet at amos 5 @ 17east....since the input symbol rate of strong srt boxes ,DVB-S2 input symbol rate =10-30msps ..Excluding conax encryption system.

conclusion you will be having tuner issue using most strong stb,4922A ETC on dvb-s2 signal on symbol rate over 30000 ,while it can't decode DVB-S2 signal at FEC =1/4, 7/8, 1/3, 2/5 on both mode (QPSK & 8PSK) and may reject symbol rate below 2000 etc... My advice is this when you want to buy a box, read features and specification sheets before you buy,cheers grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by platorepublic(m): 11:40pm On Apr 20, 2013
odilibe: @kd10...I don't think this is a linux operating system issue...i have examined the Tuner specification of strong boxes at their website, the srt 4922A and others etc...this is what i found out...

Mode;DVBS2..MPEG-4..QPSK
Encryption;CONAX

Tuner specifications of strong srt 4922A and others srt related to this are below

The strong srt boxes related to the above specification did not comply with the symbol rate of infinity bouquet at amos 5 @ 17east....since the input symbol rate of strong srt boxes ,DVB-S2 input symbol rate =10-30msps ..Excluding conax encryption system.

conclusion you will be having tuner issue using most strong stb,4922A ETC on dvb-s2 signal on symbol rate over 30000 ,while it can't decode DVB-S2 signal at FEC =1/2, 7/8, 1/3, 2/5 on both mode (QPSK & 8PSK) and may reject symbol rate below 2000ks/s etc... My advice is this when you want to buy a box, read features and specification sheets before you buy,cheers grin

My Oga at the top thus that mean that I can not watch infinity channels on strong 4940 pls shed more k
Light on thesE
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Zeetry: 9:09am On Apr 21, 2013
odilibe: @kd10...I don't think this is a linux operating system issue...i have examined the Tuner specification of strong boxes at their website, the srt 4922A and others etc...this is what i found out...

Mode;DVBS2..MPEG-4..QPSK
Encryption;CONAX

conclusion you will be having tuner issue using most strong stb,4922A ETC on dvb-s2 signal on symbol rate over 30000 ,while it can't decode DVB-S2 signal at FEC =1/4, 7/8, 1/3, 2/5 on both mode (QPSK & 8PSK) and may reject symbol rate below 2000 etc... My advice is this when you want to buy a box, read features and specification sheets before you buy,cheers grin

so in summary u are saying srt 4922a can't receive infinity and comsat packages @ amos 17'e, but in d contrary it does, anybody who has d said stb should comfirm and report back to d house
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Valto(m): 9:37am On Apr 21, 2013
Zeetry:

so in summary u are saying srt 4922a can't receive infinity and comsat packages @ amos 17'e, but in d contrary it does, anybody who has d said stb should comfirm and report back to d house
i got the whole infinity package on my str 4922A decoder, though some are not showing
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Akinige(m): 9:38am On Apr 21, 2013
Plssss anybody in ibadan get 2.4meter mesh dish fairly used T̶̲̥̅̊o̶̲̥̅̊ sell , should pls Contact me>shineneplus100@hotmail.Com
Regards
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 10:26am On Apr 21, 2013
[quote author=Valto]@Zeetry. Its not about high symbol rate bcus my 4669x was receiving infinity packages with the same high frequency Odilibe listed above untill they go offair when they bounce back it was only displaying no audio/video for past 3months so for me i think it might be a software mechanism employed by both Infinitytv/Tvc packages bcus technology is envolving everyday as par DTH.i stand being corrected though but its defnitly not about high symbol rate or linus.Cheers
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Twinsoris(m): 11:11am On Apr 21, 2013
I think the bottom line is that some of those package like infinty or daarsat has something to do with signal strenght not on receivers 90cm dish cannot get the appropriate signal to those packages i remember a week ago i manage to get those packages on 2.4M pan dish even so call kktv ,mega sport etc...were all showing and comsat is very active even on 90cm than infinity and daar packages.
Unlike MBC HD packages on nilesat on NWA beam . you have to use a powerful lnb like stargold fuji lnb that have 0.1,0.2,03db and make sure your algeria mux 88% and aljazeeral 60-65% maximum you hit green on MBC HD package but they 're scrambling on 90CM dish.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 11:14am On Apr 21, 2013
SULIEMAN3: @all,
pls help me i was upgrading my 4922A to 1.19p software unfortunately the generately got off... So i tried to do decoder to decoder transfer i searched for firmware transfer from another 4922A but i didn't see it. Pls what could i do to resolve the problem? Thank u all.
You must listen carefully,1 .take a empty pen-drive and download any required software onto it,prug it to the decoder and prug the dead decoder to main power and switch it on,and it will update it self,bringing it to alive,thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Zeetry: 11:48am On Apr 21, 2013
[quote author=kd10][/quote]

where are saying d same thing, it seems strong is aware of this development that is why they came up with receivers like 4329 4922 et al to take care of this issues, they may not be linux based but i think d OS is different from other conventional stbs like 4930, 4669x
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Zeetry: 11:50am On Apr 21, 2013
Twinsoris: I think the bottom line is that some of those package like infinty or daarsat has something to do with signal strenght not on receivers 90cm dish cannot get the appropriate signal to those packages i remember a week ago i manage to get those packages on 2.4M pan dish even so call kktv ,mega sport etc...were all showing and comsat is very active even on 90cm than infinity and daar packages.
Unlike MBC HD packages on nilesat on NWA beam . you have to use a powerful lnb like stargold fuji lnb that have 0.1,0.2,03db and make sure your algeria mux 88% and aljazeeral 60-65% maximum you hit green on MBC HD package but they 're scrambling on 90CM dish.

what's d tp for MBC HD packages on nilesat NWA beam
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kibukila(m): 12:03pm On Apr 21, 2013
[quote author=kd10][/quote]

I agree with you kd10,for those in East Africa, can get the Zuku zone channel on NSS 12 at 57E tp 11105H45000 with SRT4669Xii contrary to what is on the specifications about the DVBS2 SR.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by platorepublic(m): 3:44pm On Apr 21, 2013
Kktv is no longer showing with the new frequency on Eutelsat 17
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kingsley6(m): 4:58pm On Apr 21, 2013
Zeetry:

where are saying d same thing, it seems strong is aware of this development that is why they came up with receivers like 4329 4922 et al to take care of this issues, they may not be linux based but i think d OS is different from other conventional stbs like 4930, 4669x
Tips : for those finding it difficult to track daarsat, comsat and infinity with ur digibox or srts, blind scan at night you will get it but with low quality and a stable pics... I am using 4329 but i have all these channels with a 60cm dish with daarsat and infinity @ 38%, consat @48% but with good picture quality before 11am, but from 11am, it starts cracking with a great signal drop for daarsat and infinity btw consat remains... Its a tip... Just try blind scanning @ night... Viva fta...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by faithchild: 7:48pm On Apr 21, 2013
kingsley-1:

Tips : for those finding it difficult to track daarsat, comsat and infinity with ur digibox or srts, blind scan at night you will get it but with low quality and a stable pics... I am using 4329 but i have all these channels with a 60cm dish with daarsat and infinity @ 38%, consat @48% but with good picture quality before 11am, but from 11am, it starts cracking with a great signal drop for daarsat and infinity btw consat remains... Its a tip... Just try blind scanning @ night... Viva fta...
you should be able to get it even in the day time,tweek your lnb to 4 oclock and go down a bit,4329 has low quality rate,so 48% u are good to go
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kingsley6(m): 8:02pm On Apr 21, 2013
faithchild: you should be able to get it even in the day time,tweek your lnb to 4 oclock and go down a bit,4329 has low quality rate,so 48% u are good to go
Please, do you have any idea if this decoder ''4329'' can accept biss keys...?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 9:47pm On Apr 21, 2013
gadotor: You must listen carefully,1 .take a empty pen-drive and download any required software onto it,prug it to the decoder and prug the dead decoder to main power and switch it on,and it will update it self,bringing it to alive,thank you
thank u.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 9:53pm On Apr 21, 2013
kingsley-1:

pls what is d tp to track daarsat?

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55