Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,526 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (335) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5435819 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by brainy02: 12:52pm On May 08, 2013
hon1977: The IRIB FOOTPRINT COVERS THE WHOLE OF AFRICA AND ITS EVEN STRONGER IN WEST AFRICA THAN IT IS IN SOUTHERN AFRICA BUT HERE IN ZIMBABWE I NAILED IRIB USING 90CM DISH AND I BELIEVE YOU IN NIGERIA CAN ALSO GET IT. YOU SHUD USE THAT TEFLONE TO HIT GREEN THERE IS NO WAY YOU WILL GET IRIB WITHOUT USING THAT RECTANGULAR PLASTIC BUT YOU CAN GET JSC SPORT AND ALKASS ALSO MAKE SURE YOUR LNB IS SET AT 3OCLOCK FOR VERTICAL POLARISATION AND 6OCLOCK FOR HORIZONTAL POLARISATION WHILE STANDING AT THE BACK OF YOUR DISH ALSO MAKE SURE YOUR BOX IS MPEG4 OR HD.

In one word, 1metre dish should hunt it here in lagos
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ogojohn(m): 1:02pm On May 08, 2013
brainy02:

In one word, 1metre dish should hunt it here in lagos
AT WHAT SAT PLEASE
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chukstaker: 1:02pm On May 08, 2013
pls what is irib package t.p and symbol rate?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ponani: 3:59pm On May 08, 2013
Please guys in the house how can someone track C band with 90cm dish becos the C band LNB is big and the saler said it can only be use with big dish.please i need your advice
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 4:00pm On May 08, 2013
@ALL
New software for SRT 4902 and 4930 is out. You can get it here: http://www.crosat.us/upload/index.php?direction=0&order=mod&directory=Strong%20Receivers/Strong%20WIZKID%20Files/Strong%204%20Middle%20East&ModPagespeed=noscript. wink

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Boadu: 5:18pm On May 08, 2013
Helloooo!Helloooo!!Hellooo!!! @ All GURUS: plz can one Guru devote his time and explain to us( Kids in the world of satelite tracking) how to nail this Irib with 90cm dish by using C-Band LNB. Hon1977 from Zimbabwe says Irib can only be tracked on 90cm dish by using TEFLONE(rectangular Plastic). Can one Guru explain what this TEFLONE device is? Also some also says you have to remove a certain 'magnetic plastic glass' from the C-Band LNB b4 one can nail Irib with 90cm dish. To clear the confusion, plssssssssss Let one Guru give us once & for all answer to this Irib Tracking on a 90cm dish. Because the bigger Pan-dishes are not common on the market.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by notindome(m): 5:28pm On May 08, 2013
hi satellite gurus,
i want to ask if this cBand&Ku band set up is possible on a 1m dish:

16/17' east---------Kuband(amos/w3c)

20' east---------------Cband (primary LNBf) irib package

28.2' east---------------Kuband(multi tv)

36' east---------------Kuband(less important) dstv

Just thinking if its possible,cos of the mix of cband and kuband. It will solve my free to air needs. thank you.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by brainy02: 7:21pm On May 08, 2013
Boadu: Helloooo!Helloooo!!Hellooo!!! @ All GURUS: plz can one Guru devote his time and explain to us( Kids in the world of satelite tracking) how to nail this Irib with 90cm dish by using C-Band LNB. Hon1977 from Zimbabwe says Irib can only be tracked on 90cm dish by using TEFLONE(rectangular Plastic). Can one Guru explain what this TEFLONE device is? Also some also says you have to remove a certain 'magnetic plastic glass' from the C-Band LNB b4 one can nail Irib with 90cm dish. To clear the confusion, plssssssssss Let one Guru give us once & for all answer to this Irib Tracking on a 90cm dish. Because the bigger Pan-dishes are not common on the market.

Very good set of questions, gurus oya come and do what u know how to do best, plz help us ooooo. Waiting for answer
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 8:14pm On May 08, 2013
Why is this place now filled with people asking the same question over and over again?

What happened to www.google.com.
What happened to using the search feature at the bottom of each page?
What happened to the culture of reading ealier posts to be abreast of happenings in one's absence?

This is not funny anymore.
Cant we do something about this?

SHAKING MY HEAD.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 8:25pm On May 08, 2013
notindome: hi satellite gurus,

Just thinking if its possible,cos of the mix of cband and kuband. It will solve my free to air needs. thank you.
...seems like west africa/sub-sahara are lacking satellite tracking tools and accessories..sorry to say this but it is true!..imagine pics below cry

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by freshp(m): 9:28pm On May 08, 2013
olenyi: Why is this place now filled with people asking the same question over and over again?

What happened to the culture of reading ealier posts to be abreast of happenings in one's absence?

SHAKING MY HEAD.

Regards.

Now you know how most of us feel about this ubiquitous rhetoric never ending circle of questions.... grin grin grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by chilowosim(m): 10:01pm On May 08, 2013
Hie Pidzo,do you have any idea to what has happened with KKTV on 17.0E because they are off here in Lilongwe,MALAWI is all over or it's just this part of Africa.FTA forever!!!!!

Pidzo: @ALL
New software for SRT 4902 and 4930 is out. You can get it here: http://www.crosat.us/upload/index.php?direction=0&order=mod&directory=Strong%20Receivers/Strong%20WIZKID%20Files/Strong%204%20Middle%20East&ModPagespeed=noscript. wink
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Twinsoris(m): 1:18am On May 09, 2013
To my fellow satmate though everything we do or learn in this great is for educational purpose and to clear the issue of track irib package on C -band with 90 cm or 1m dish is just like wasting of time though at first you might receive the signal but consider sometimes when the weather change or in the rainy season and you need to watch an important match and the signal went off then you started to wonder why this happen and you will not remeber that your capacity is very small .
So my advice for you is that the minimum dish you need is 1.8m and if you have the means then go for a big like 2.4m etc.....
the receiver must be mpeg 4 compliant like strong receivers 4922 and so on .
i hope this is well understand thanks you all.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Boadu: 2:09am On May 09, 2013
How much does 1.8m or 2.4m dish(pan) cost in ghana or Nigeria? We are badly looking for some to buy. Whoever knows the market prices can also do us favour and post them here.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by swordswifter: 3:00am On May 09, 2013
Pidzo: @ALL

When i see updates for the low cost receivers and there are no updates for the SRT 4910 combo receiver then i get pissed off. This receiver was and still is the most expensive receiver on the market from strong-technologies. It was to be a state of the art equipment for professionals that could handle anything but now it has been reduced to just a mere white elephant. I have been doing some research for some time now. One was to either write my own codes or find a receiver whose software can work on the SRT4910 HD receiver. This led me to the Technomate receiver which has the same GUI as the strong receiver. Even the codes for strong receivers used for inputting the biss keys and other keys are the same as the one used on the Technomate receivers. I therefore searched for their patch firmware and just look at the image below

When you open the .stb files in notepad, the software codes look almost the same but that of the Technomate TM6900 combo HD is at 7.51p whiles that of the Strong SRT4910 HD is at 2.47p. I tried to open the SRT4910 firmware with Autodesk 2013 to see if i can cook up my own home-brewed software but that did not work since the file could not open even though it was a .stb file. I tried loading the file of the technomate TM6900 on my SRT4910 HD. That also didn't work. I tried copying the introduction codes of the SRT4910 receiver(software version 2.47p), paste it on a new notepad and then copy the operating codes of the technomate TM6900 onto this same notepad and then save the file as .stb extension. This too did not work as the text file could not convert to .stb format. The receiver indicated that it cannot load CS file. Now my question is;
* Why is that a receiver that has given so many people so many troubles for a very long time has not been given the needed attention by Strong-Technologies even though some of us didn't decide to take these machines back to them for our money?
* Why is it that over 2yrs 5months now not even a single update has been released for this receiver to take care of it's media player handicaps, it's inability to boot 3G usb modems directly from the usb ports and other network options that have been added on the lower receivers?
* Why have they decided in general to ignore everything about this receiver(SRT 4910) even though it has not been discontinued?

If anything at all, the tools for cooking software for strong decoders should be made available so that those that are interested will just compile their own codes to run on the receiver because now it's just too much. If any one from strong-technologies (Research and Development) is reading this, i want them you know that some of the reasons that made us champion strong products are no longer there anymore. It is too sad that the quality, durability and after market support that made strong what it is today is just dying off. Some of us are even considering switching to different manufacturers. Hope we start seeing updates for this receiver soon.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Rextab(m): 7:29am On May 09, 2013
hon1977: The IRIB FOOTPRINT COVERS THE WHOLE OF AFRICA AND ITS EVEN STRONGER IN WEST AFRICA THAN IT IS IN SOUTHERN AFRICA BUT HERE IN ZIMBABWE I NAILED IRIB USING 90CM DISH AND I BELIEVE YOU IN NIGERIA CAN ALSO GET IT. YOU SHUD USE THAT TEFLONE TO HIT GREEN THERE IS NO WAY YOU WILL GET IRIB WITHOUT USING THAT RECTANGULAR PLASTIC BUT YOU CAN GET JSC SPORT AND ALKASS ALSO MAKE SURE YOUR LNB IS SET AT 3OCLOCK FOR VERTICAL POLARISATION AND 6OCLOCK FOR HORIZONTAL POLARISATION WHILE STANDING AT THE BACK OF YOUR DISH ALSO MAKE SURE YOUR BOX IS MPEG4 OR HD.

pls post the pic of how u tracked IRIB on 90cm.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 7:38am On May 09, 2013
@ Swordswift,
Back in the days, that reciever was so expensive. It drove alot of people crazy because of its funtionality. But I suggest you write to Wizkid from persiangig if he can help.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by swordswifter: 8:24am On May 09, 2013
D.lee:
@ Swordswift,
Back in the days, that reciever was so expensive. It drove alot of people crazy because of its funtionality. But I suggest you write to Wizkid from persiangig if he can help.

@ D.lee
If i knew his backdoor contact details i would have done that a long time ago. I sent several emails to strong concerning this issue and all they tell me is that the receiver(SRT 4910) has not got enough memory to handle the new functions of the other softwares but this is a complete lie. They have not taken their time to correct the hardware issues that the receiver has and that is why they have decided not to make anymore softwares for this receiver. The software version 2.47p was the last known stable software so they have just decided to leave it as it is than to rather than find the actual cause of the instability in the softwares. I did several tests on my receiver. I even damaged the first motherboard in the receiver because i thought the issue was with the memories so i had to buy a new motherboard. After a while it also started misbehaving until i found the actual cause of the software being unstable. A leaking current from the circuit found a way of re-entering the board through the metal casing and after a while, it caused the software to freeze and sometimes prevented it from booting at all. All this being said, if you or anyone here knows the direct contact to Wizkid the person should inbox me here mens.eric@yahoo.com
I'm actually tired of sending the guys in dubai mails. We really need an update for this receiver.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 8:29am On May 09, 2013
swordswifter:
Some of us are even considering switching to different manufacturers.
Best option.. grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ugasat(m): 9:58am On May 09, 2013
The Media Player in SRT 4922 has a small problem no matter what software you use. I have noticed that when
playing AVI files or even its own recorded files and you fast forward X2 it is fine and smooth, but try to fast forward
X4 and above and you will notice jerky movements throughout the file. Its like it is fast forwarding the file frame by
frame and not a nicely smooth fast forwarding like it is on SRT 4900 and SRT 4930. I am currently using 1.19p
software and I do not know whether the new software 1.21p has improved the performance of the player.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mbapelvis: 10:41am On May 09, 2013
I just want to greet all our members. Keep up with the good work. May God bless you all.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by zomzom: 10:56am On May 09, 2013
odilibe: Best option.. grin grin

lol grin grin grin
Boadu: How much does 1.8m or 2.4m dish(pan) cost in ghana or Nigeria? We are badly looking for some to buy. Whoever knows the market prices can also do us favour and post them here.

I hacked Have 2.4 pan dish in stock if you need 1000 he can get for you call him now.
olenyi: Why is this place now filled with people asking the same question over and over again?

SHAKING MY HEAD.

Regards.

you are right dont mine them stupid questions every day .George D,odilibe,I hacked,obnelly,olofofo,Baduru,Andex70,pizo and more gurus here have done good job by posting what they have on the internet .just you to google or just read you dont want to .
do you think they are still kids? and will be repeating everyday?
go back and read . i done that and it really help me .

when i was a bought to buy a receiver i read from here, i bought only one decoder and 80cm dish and i contact one guru here for HH MOTOR that is all am enjoying everything with no wahala.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by greymwasonko: 3:41pm On May 09, 2013
hi guys, mega sport, pure tv. on amos5 @17 are not showing any picture any body with that problem plz advice. Its Grey Frm Kenya
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gkw: 3:54pm On May 09, 2013
@swordswifter
thanks for the well researched and informative piece. i used to enjoy yo articles on RDI and its good to hear from you once in a while .
cheers
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Edruyi(m): 4:10pm On May 09, 2013
KKTV ghana is coming back on air. Get ready to watch free channels from KKTV Ghana. You can join the official page of KKTV for more updates....... http://www.facebook.com/pages/KKTVGHANA/228732957270901?ref=stream&hc_location=stream
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Edruyi(m): 4:12pm On May 09, 2013
notindome: hi satellite gurus,

Hello, KKTV ghana is coming back on air this weekend. Get ready to watch free channels from KKTV Ghana. You can join the official page of KKTV for more updated ..... http://www.facebook.com/pages/KKTVGHANA/228732957270901?ref=stream&hc_location=stream
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 7:57pm On May 09, 2013
Boadu: @I Hacked: plz jx be patient with me. In fact, I've been paying too much to Dstv so help me get solution to this Irib channels. Though, I wish I could get C-Band LNB to fix to my 90cm dish and try for the Irib package. Better still, I would like to find out where(store) I can get this 1.8m or 2.4m dish(pan). I will appreciate if you could quote the possible prices at which they are sold. Pls respond to any of the questions you feel comfortable replying. Counting on your usual response.

i have said a lot and have many post on cband on 90cm dish. your problem is you dont want to read but just asking
question and seeking help .but you have been help already.
we still have fools around as so it would not make any sens if i still posting cband on 90cm dish project here.

for now and last time.@Boadu if you still need help PM me !!! many cband satellite and channels are received on 90cm dish
with good cband LNB and simple tech you will get all page on 20 east with no problems
not only 20 east that you will get on your 90 cm dish if you make it well but many more cband channels

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 8:08pm On May 09, 2013
@Boadu you can follow those who said it is a lie sad sad or join the moving buss grin grin

you can still motorize your 90cm dish with both Cband and ku working on the same dish.

i have all you need for cband on 90cm dish and all tech for it .

zomzom:
I hacked Have 2.4 pan dish in stock if you need 1000 he can get for you call him now.

only 1.8 pan is available now .and the mesh dish is available too
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yinka4dad(m): 8:43pm On May 09, 2013
Kktv is back on amos 5/w3c
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kingsley6(m): 8:53pm On May 09, 2013
I hacked, please, i reside in Benin city, edo state. How can i get the c band LNB and the conical plastic on your pics... I am interested please.... My email...iyobosaerhahon@yahoo.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by freshp(m): 10:00pm On May 09, 2013
@swordswifter
such laudable feats as yours need to be encouraged,the problem we are having over here in this part of the world is the seemingly scarce technical (both software and hardware) materials required to forge ahead when the fever grips you-you know what i mean grin.

i really thank you for that very educative post above...keep it up.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Swanky092: 10:10pm On May 09, 2013
kingsley-1:
I hacked, please, i reside in Benin city, edo state. How can i get the c band LNB and the conical plastic on your pics... I am interested please.... My email...iyobosaerhahon@yahoo.com
me too, i'm also interested in d conical plastic and d LNB. Am in Enugu state. Here's my email swanky092@ovi.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70