Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,530 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (338) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5449232 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by twinskenny(m): 1:20pm On May 14, 2013
greymwasonko: hi guys, alex tv has no audio any solution, i'm frm kenya, 4 those intrested with TZ Channels: tbc1, ch-ten, startv and angola channels input 11017H30000 @intelsat28 just below dstv then move ur dish right as u stand behind ur dish, ur lnb @ 9 oclock Nice view.

what kind decoder are u using? audio is live on my 4922a
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by twinskenny(m): 1:22pm On May 14, 2013
jacob2012: my srt 4669x did not have Amos 5'.pls help me
you can add new sat
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by twinskenny(m): 1:37pm On May 14, 2013
about 98 channels now on 68 degree including mytv channels.. very interesting
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Zeetry: 1:39pm On May 14, 2013
greymwasonko: hi guys, alex tv has no audio any solution, i'm frm kenya, 4 those intrested with TZ Channels: tbc1, ch-ten, startv and angola channels input 11017H30000 @intelsat28 just below dstv then move ur dish right as u stand behind ur dish, ur lnb @ 9 oclock Nice view.

what beam? i can't find intelsat 28 listed on lyngsat
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 2:09pm On May 14, 2013
iykmora: read from first page after several weeks, and tym to put it into practice-what do i get? Lnbf display on decoder while showin no or bad signal on set. Does it mean i have to change d box 'cos i dnt think i can do anytin.

Your cable has a short circuit. re-check the cable for breakages and the F-connectors for contact between inner wire and outer conductor.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 2:13pm On May 14, 2013
Zeetry:

Intelsat 28 is the other name for Intelsat New dawn at 33E.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by twinskenny(m): 2:15pm On May 14, 2013
Zeetry:

maybe he was talking about 68.5E
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by calis2: 2:17pm On May 14, 2013
kd10: [@calis2 Pls crosat didn't indicate that the software is for S/Africa beam ok.talking of reading past post bear in mind that the software is a New release else check the Date ok.Why so quick in insulting me rather than sharing how deep your knowledge is about the software to the house?i share my expierence its up to you to share yours without belittling moreover we are here to help each other but since it pleases ur heart to humiliate me while making ur point then Vengance is not of mine.Thanks
no vex.d SABC is on intelsat 20!@68.5e,it has nagravision3 not d one on ses5 which was encripted with NDS.tnx.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 2:21pm On May 14, 2013

Try going to A/V settings and try different audio settings e.g HDMI to SPDIF.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 3:09pm On May 14, 2013
@greymwasonko Its a software problem which can be taken care of by Strong Technolgies atleast they have done it before, if they want to keep their Customers hooked to their products most espicialy those of us with their 4669x-z series & some of their HD boxes Except the New 4920-22A series which has mordern OS Systems to deal with the new software upgrade that the DTH Company's are coming up with as per Consat /Infinity packages which Older Srt boxes can't handle as i stated above. @Zeetry its Newdawn 33e
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 3:47pm On May 14, 2013
@Calis2 ur response accepted have a nice Day bro.Viva Fta
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jacob2012(m): 4:46pm On May 14, 2013
twinskenny: you can add new sat
please sis,how do i add new sat.am novice,
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 5:36pm On May 14, 2013
UncleSmart: please gurus in the house kindly help me, i have been trying to nail Amos 5 C-band for some days now but i cant, i am done for the ku band and i am getting most of the channels above 70% signal strength but the c-band i have not been able to do that, with all the tps i got from lyngsat, it all red and red and red or i cant get the C-band in north western nigeria. i am using a motorized 1.8m dish, and i am in north west of nigeria. dont really know what is wrong i tot it was my lnb but i was able to track arabsat with it some days aga, so i dont really know what is wrong please help.
thanks in advance

@UncleSmart,
To get Amos 5/C use Oromiya TP (3626V, 2000SR) or Optima sports (4147V, 5000SR).
You can also use ACBN TP (4136V, 3330SR). The dBW is very high and you can't go wrong.
Since you can already track Amos 5/Ku just take note of that same position and raise your
dish there. Make sure your C Band LNB is at your dish focal lenght and tilted at 2 o'clock
position (very important).
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by iykmora(m): 7:32pm On May 14, 2013
Lunsat:

Your cable has a short circuit. re-check the cable for breakages and the F-connectors for contact between inner wire and outer conductor.

nah..i did all that already. I even removed d lnb connector from d box, it still displayed lnbf on d decoder. My bro told me it started after a lightning strike. Can a technician rectify it? Thanks bro!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ilish(m): 8:40pm On May 14, 2013
kd10: [/quote]
[quote author=kd10]
Lol....you should have entered 6969 code to activate the Patch
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ilish(m): 8:43pm On May 14, 2013
iykmora:
nah..i did all that already. I even removed d lnb connector from d box, it still displayed lnbf on d decoder. My bro told me it started after a lightning strike. Can a technician rectify it? Thanks bro!

Its a small problem.One if the TIP transistor is flyed...it needs to be changed.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by iykmora(m): 9:17pm On May 14, 2013
Ilish:

Its a small problem.One if the TIP transistor is flyed...it needs to be changed.

yeah...i opened d box and it seems a tiny component on d panel, close to d lnb ish is compromised. Thanks bro.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 11:11pm On May 14, 2013
Ilish:

Lol....you should have entered 6969 code to activate the Patch
@Ilish am abit confuse over the Patch you are asking me to activate pls my bro explain futher for me bcus all i know is that one can use this code to enter biss key that's all waiting for your response thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 12:02am On May 15, 2013
kd10: @Ilish am abit confuse over the Patch you are asking me to activate pls my bro explain futher for me bcus all i know is that one can use this code to enter biss key that's all waiting for your response thanks.
meaning u hv to put on the patch by pressing 6969 twice followed by 8280 b4 entering the biss key.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by banysat(m): 3:03am On May 15, 2013
Good morning to you all,
new software for 4922 is out: SRT4920_NewGUI_123p-130514.zip New Software for SRT 4922 + readme file Dated: 14-05-2013
Have a nice day
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Setoop(m): 7:02am On May 15, 2013
Lunsat:

Intelsat 28 is the other name for Intelsat New dawn at 33E.
ok because when i saw 28E , i was thinking of inserting the tp on multitv if it will pop up but this more explanation has shown that i can't but if i want to add another lnbf to 2 in 1 dstv / multitv set up on 60cm dish , is it possible ? Anyway i will try it and see the result
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Setoop(m): 7:12am On May 15, 2013
Miroslav klose: hi all.
Please which Lnb is the best for Ku band dish?

I just tracked Amos 5 without getting W3a. I only got Malagasc. RDV is red
is true RDV IS RED THIS DAYS
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Setoop(m): 7:19am On May 15, 2013
greymwasonko: hi guys, 4 those intrested with TZ Channels: tbc1, ch-ten, startv and angola channels input 11017H30000 @intelsat28 just below dstv then move ur dish right as u stand behind ur dish, ur lnb @ 9 oclock Nice view.
i was getting those channels on my 36E set up before with no vpid and Apid with no signal quality thereby displaying no audio / video
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by UncleSmart: 8:26am On May 15, 2013
George_D:

@UncleSmart,
To get Amos 5/C use Oromiya TP (3626V, 2000SR) or Optima sports (4147V, 5000SR).
You can also use ACBN TP (4136V, 3330SR). The dBW is very high and you can't go wrong.
Since you can already track Amos 5/Ku just take note of that same position and raise your
dish there. Make sure your C Band LNB is at your dish focal lenght and tilted at 2 o'clock
position (very important).

Thanks King George the Last, with one hand the Oromiya TP brings it out with over 80% signal strength. but to my surprise most of the TP i got from Lyngsat are still very very Red. please i need the tp for Orisun TV on this Amos 5/C.
and can anybody help me too with a working tp for intesat 904 @ 60E especially for Channels TV or are they not there again?. thank you all that makes fta a better place.
thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ayibatonye(m): 3:21pm On May 15, 2013
Pls can anybody confirm, I saw on flysat that MBC is on NWA beam of Eutelsat 7W but I didn't hit green at my end
11555 V 27500 5/6 DVB-S2/QPSK

MBC HD
MBC 2 HD
MBC 4 HD
MBC Action HD
MBC Max HD
Al Arabiya HD
MBC Drama
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 3:30pm On May 15, 2013
yes you can have mbc hd on NWA
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ayibatonye(m): 3:54pm On May 15, 2013
obnelly: yes you can have mbc hd on NWA
obnelly: yes you can have mbc hd on NWA
so can srt 4922 get it because that's what I used but did not hit green.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by loluc90(m): 4:01pm On May 15, 2013
ayibatonye: so can srt 4922 get it because that's what I used but did not hit green.
it shd get it,what's d size of ur dish and where is ur location? For me my dish size is 2.4m location is Ibadan.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ayibatonye(m): 4:05pm On May 15, 2013
my location is Port-Harcourt, My dish 90cm I thought since the beam is NWA I would get it with my 90cm.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by loluc90(m): 4:16pm On May 15, 2013
@ Ayibatonye do you receive other channels on the NWA beam?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ayibatonye(m): 4:26pm On May 15, 2013
yes very well
I receive JSC Sport 1+ 2+ 9+ 10+ and the other channels but 11555 v 27500 did not hit green.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 6:15pm On May 15, 2013
UncleSmart:
Thanks King George the Last, with one hand the Oromiya TP brings it out with over 80% signal strength. but to my surprise most of the TP i got from Lyngsat are still very very Red. please i need the tp for Orisun TV on this Amos 5/C.
and can anybody help me too with a working tp for intesat 904 @ 60E especially for Channels TV or are they not there again?. thank you all that makes fta a better place.
thanks.

@UncleSmart,
Congrats! That's the spirit of FTA! Now that you got Amos 5/C, just blindscan and all other TPs will come out.
If they don't come out it means either your dish size is not adequate to recieve them or maybe your LNB is not
properly positioned at your dish focal point.

Unfourtunately the Nigerian Mux on Intelsat 904 remains a mirage and so Channels TV, MITV, et al are not yet
available for us on that bird. Maybe sometime later things may change for the better.

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.