Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (409) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5442822 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Boadu: 6:55am On Aug 10, 2013
@ Rextab, I need your email address urgently for an important discussion. Mine is boadufta@gmail.com. Many thanks
Rextab:

whats ur location and are you able to get the Irib package on Arabsat 5c?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ayd91(m): 6:58am On Aug 10, 2013
Paps1: Hi guys long time that I visited but tried my hands on some piece of work
primary position is Arabsat 5c@ 20e with tp.4056v 27500
on top is Astra 2abd@ 28.2e tp. 12522v 19532
under Arabsat is Amos 5@17e tp. 11884v 27500
under Amos 5c is Astra 4A@ 11747v 27500
Suggestions are welcomed
interesting findings, man.
Please list the channels alongside the TPs. And you did this with 90cm dish wow!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 8:03am On Aug 10, 2013
pboy2buzy: Please house I have a 2.4m mesh dish(motorised).....my problem is that my present setup does not have w3c but has multitv/dstv/amos5/sirius/nss.........but attempt to get w3c by tweaklin my lnb gives me w3c but multitv and co wil stop poppin up......please what can I do
Tweak lnb @ 6'0clock..
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mayamiko(m): 8:09am On Aug 10, 2013
2morrow on mbc3 community shield btwn man u vs wigan
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ehisdan(m): 8:13am On Aug 10, 2013
olenyi:

Follow the link. Click on ur location (Ibadan) and it will show u addresses of mytv dealers.

http://www.mytvafrica.tv/Countries.aspx?CountryID=36

Regards.

Those dealers are not faithful(not all), i bought 69xii from one @uromi it has breakdown 4tmx on auto downloading & upgrading, which i later learn from dis site to be fake. Its better u send an installer to buy d best one, 4get what dey will gain frm it nd u enjoy it while it last.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ehisdan(m): 8:18am On Aug 10, 2013
@olenyi, I want to learn installation as a profession. Pls how can u be of help to me?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by freshp(m): 8:30am On Aug 10, 2013
ehisdan: @olenyi, I want to learn installation as a profession. Pls how can u be of help to me?
Its rather easy bro,everything you need is just at your finger tips.you need to read a little more...then make phone calls when stuck.
Olenyi has so far done and said everything that needs to be said on various threads here on NL Sat TV.
cheers
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 8:35am On Aug 10, 2013
ehisdan:

Those dealers are not faithful(not all), i bought 69xii from one @uromi it has breakdown 4tmx on auto downloading & upgrading, which i later learn from dis site to be fake. Its better u send an installer to buy d best one, 4get what dey will gain frm it nd u enjoy it while it last.

Lets not just take things as it is. If u get a receiver from a MYTV accredited dealer and u find out its fake, ship it back to the dealer asap and demand for a replacement and also lodge a strong complaint with mytv so they can de-list him from their website and data base. It will not only help u but other unsuspecting buyers. Its our duty. Write to them, email them, call their customer care. That's what is expected of us.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 10, 2013
Arelukman: I used 1.8m dish to nail nilesat today @ Ibadan .MBC's channels signal percentage are 52% and Aljazeera sport are 50% .

WHAT MODEL OF LNB,IS UR C-BAND LNB?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Rextab(m): 11:00am On Aug 10, 2013
Boadu: @ Rextab, I need your email address urgently for an important discussion. Mine is boadufta@gmail.com. Many thanks
terinorextab@yahoo.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Boadu: 11:54am On Aug 10, 2013
Please I've given you a mail.
Rextab:
terinorextab@yahoo.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 2:30pm On Aug 10, 2013
odilibe: @Adex i have ur phone contact ..i will call you on saturday or sunday this weekend to discuss next option...cheers
copy that brother
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 2:38pm On Aug 10, 2013
odilibe: Strange 1.8m couldn't get nilesat in onitsha and enugu

If you locked Nilesat 201/102 ...you should be getting good signal on Dubai One @ Nilesat 201 than MBC or jsc sports @ Nilesat 102...May be you locked NWA BEAM...just checking. grin
i bet you the guy nail nwa beam because on mt 2.4 solid pan i can only receive mbc and jsc 102 but dubai one of 201 and 101 are elusive on 2.4 here in lagos grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 3:02pm On Aug 10, 2013
olenyi: @Oga George_D.

I know its been long coming, but I finally got back to base and i've tried the new freebies on 36'e. I most confess; not bad for FTA. Just hope it'll last.

Regards.

@olenyi,

Welcome home brother. Your folks must really miss you after these many months on the road.

Unfortunately seems Silverbird TV is acting up. Or did you get it clear at your end?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 3:35pm On Aug 10, 2013
George_D:

@olenyi,

Welcome home brother. Your folks must really miss you after these many months on the road.

Unfortunately seems Silverbird TV is acting up. Or did you get it clear at your end?

Same thing here. But one can make do with the others. Still not bad.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by loj1: 3:55pm On Aug 10, 2013
PLS my GURUS in d house,i nid to how much is d aljazeera card,can it b splinted for the EPL season nd can i get all d sport channels in AGEGE LAGOS wit a 4M dish,pls i nid ur help urgently,GOD BLESS U AS U ANSA
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pboy2buzy(m): 4:27pm On Aug 10, 2013
odilibe: Tweak lnb @ 6'0clock..

Thanks boss........but my ku lnb cannot tweak @6'oclk.....cuz my c band Is d central lnb,y d ku band I above....so it can only tweak 12---4 oclk.....please help
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sammu(m): 5:12pm On Aug 10, 2013
pboy2buzy:

Thanks boss........but my ku lnb cannot tweak @6'oclk.....cuz my c band Is d central lnb,y d ku band I above....so it can only tweak 12---4 oclk.....please help
ur dish is not perfectly aligned. Usually, ur ku lnb on a motorised should be tweaked @ 3 - 4 o clock to receive all ku sats within footprint
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jacob2012(m): 5:24pm On Aug 10, 2013
olenyi:

@Oladat. Thanks once more for the nice wishes.

@jacob2012. Thanks for translating. Am a core igbo guy/man. grin.

As for the phrase ''Ole-enyi'', In my native language, it can very, very loosely be translated to mean ''someone who looks after an elephant/king or where is the elephant/king. wink

Regards.
of a truth ur name work 4u,you are nt only to luk 4 elephant king,but u are a KING OF FTA(am entitled to my opinion other may say) but to me u are IGWE

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Paps1: 6:45pm On Aug 10, 2013
ayd91:
interesting findings, man.
Please list the channels alongside the TPs. And you did this with 90cm dish wow!

The channels are many what's why I have given the tps. And yes it is with 90 cm and there is more to be done, still doing my experiments
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by loj1: 7:20pm On Aug 10, 2013
olenyi:

Same thing here. But one can make do with the others. Still not bad.

Regards.
upon all ma pleadin to know weda i can track all d aljazeera sport wit 4m dish in agege LAGOS,nd maybe d new card could split into many decoders,nobody sees to ansa me,its unfair o
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by fijabi(m): 7:26pm On Aug 10, 2013
@all,good day pls am interested in that set up ,pls how can i get d C-BAND scalar ring on ku band,i mean lnb holder 4 c band on 1m dish .pls anybody who know how to get it should help tanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 8:12pm On Aug 10, 2013
loj1: upon all ma pleadin to know weda i can track all d aljazeera sport wit 4m dish in agege LAGOS,nd maybe d new card could split into many decoders,nobody sees to ansa me,its unfair o

If ur dish is still in good working condition, u should be able to pull down the channels.

Don't know about the card.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by loj1: 8:31pm On Aug 10, 2013
olenyi:

If ur dish is still in good working condition, u should be able to pull down the channels.

Don't know about the card.

Regards.
tnks 4 d ansa but wit d existin card,ow much nd where can it be reloaddpls
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by figment232(m): 8:47pm On Aug 10, 2013
Hello peeps in the house pls i need your advice oo.I have three 60cm dish i intend to connect with a 2.4m comstar dish pls how do i go about it?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Oshinmichael: 8:59pm On Aug 10, 2013
teewhy06: fortis tv is on amos 5
can i get kktv on dat position
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Oshinmichael: 9:07pm On Aug 10, 2013
mayamiko: 2morrow on mbc3 community shield btwn man u vs wigan
can i track mbc3 with 60cm dish
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 9:35pm On Aug 10, 2013
Adex70: i bet you the guy nail nwa beam because on mt 2.4 solid pan i can only receive mbc and jsc 102 but dubai one of 201 and 101 are elusive on 2.4 here in lagos grin grin
This is getting funny in enugu dubai one frequency on nilesat 201>> 11785V is used as tracking tp for nilesat aside from the NWA beam channels...cos nilesat 201 dubai one signal is more stable than Mbc 11938 on nilesat 102 while jsc sports on 102 is weaker than Mbc tp....since nilesat 201 are not received on 2.4mtr dish in lagos .. this means that people in lagos will lose MBC signal and jsc sports completely on 2.4mtr pan dish....when nilesat 102 channels fully migrates to nilesat 201.. embarassed
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by guente02(m): 9:59pm On Aug 10, 2013
@all
How can i receive Multi Tv and Amos 5 on a 65cm dish. And what other combination can i make on the said dish size?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Seyilome(m): 10:37pm On Aug 10, 2013
@ Olenyi my boss and other gurus I have already have multitv and dstv position on my 90cm dish installed by an installer man,and now I want to add third lnb myself at amos5. My question is that. Can it be done without distracting the two lnbs and the dish? Or are my going to disemble the two lnb? Or am I going to add rod to the lnb holder to make it longer to hold the 3 lnbs. Pls dnt ignore me. Tanx. Peace
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by upright2010: 10:47pm On Aug 10, 2013
@Olenyi, welcom back boss. How's ur break? Keep on doing d good job and God'll surely reward u.regards

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (2351) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.