Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,395 members, 7,836,587 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (430) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5460309 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 7:59am On Aug 30, 2013
Lunsat:

This is exactly my question. Can we now with this formula lock on to Cband channels with KU lnb and Ku channels with Cband LNB?

I doubt if that is possible.remember you still have to use c band on your dish to receive the signal ,what your decoder does is to convert c to ku frequency.
For example after the conversion I tried to move my dish to same satellite using ku band lnb ,but tHe result was zero .so don't bother to use ku band lnb to track the converted dignal it won't work.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 8:09am On Aug 30, 2013
Yesterholy shit my tuner is not working again.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by freshp(m): 8:17am On Aug 30, 2013
Lunsat:

This is exactly my question. Can we now with this formula lock on to Cband channels with KU lnb and Ku channels with Cband LNB?
makes me wonder and think big you know grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by coretechng1(m): 9:08am On Aug 30, 2013
Huawei routers available at very cheap price.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by williams85(m): 10:09am On Aug 30, 2013
wrong thread angry
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by naijaobi(m): 10:10am On Aug 30, 2013
obnelly:

I doubt if that is possible.remember you still have to use c band on your dish to receive the signal ,what your decoder does is to convert c to ku frequency.
For example after the conversion I tried to move my dish to same satellite using ku band lnb ,but tHe result was zero .so don't bother to use ku band lnb to track the converted dignal it won't work.
how then cn it be possible to use c band lnb to track ku band.. I mean like how then do i input the converted c band frequency to ku.. Does it mean i need no ku band lnb to input it..? Do i just go ahead and input it in a ku band satellite even tho am using a c band lnb?
This is realy confusing.. cheesy
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by RapidBTSNG: 10:21am On Aug 30, 2013
CC Cam Internet Router For Strong decoders

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ganex: 10:27am On Aug 30, 2013
Lunsat:

l believe so my broda, it is wot had experienced ignorantly frm my post above.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Bowofola213: 10:27am On Aug 30, 2013
But is it possible 2 convert ku band to c band who as done dat cos nid c-band to track amos 5
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ojtech8291: 10:35am On Aug 30, 2013
Bowofola213: But is it possible 2 convert ku band to c band who as done dat cos nid c-band to track amos 5
amos5 has both bands( i.e ku-band tp & c-band tp).
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Bowofola213: 10:47am On Aug 30, 2013
ojtech8291: amos5 has both bands( i.e ku-band tp & c-band tp).
yea i knw but i want c-band channel 2 and i dnt ave money naw 2 buy it
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Bowofola213: 10:48am On Aug 30, 2013
ojtech8291: amos5 has both bands( i.e ku-band tp & c-band tp).
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 11:10am On Aug 30, 2013
CAN SOMEONE CONFIRM if it is possible to track irib with ku lnb on 20e using odiblle's discovery instead of all these back and forth, because some cband frequency are usually green on my receiver even though it connected to only ku lnb.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ball22: 11:30am On Aug 30, 2013
Plz gurus in the house help me,i cant find arabsat 5C in my srt 4699xii and i want to track irib packages.what shuld i do.plz help me
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by upright2010: 11:50am On Aug 30, 2013
Sophieamore1: @UPRIGHT2010,
ALL INFINITY, DAARSAT ETC PACKAGES WORKS WELL ON 4669XII, BUT THEY GO ON AND OFF SOMETIMES. BUT ITS BETTER TO UPGRADE TO THE LATEST FIRMWARE.
. Thanks 4 being there 4 me. Though i did ota menu of mytv upgrading which didn't open those packages but can u kindly forward to me d current firmware for 4669 series? My email is inioluwa36@yahoo.com thanks very much.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 12:24pm On Aug 30, 2013
obnelly:

I am glad you have explained this because there was a possibility for you being misunderstood. The issue of recieving C band channels using a KU LNB or KU channels using a C band LNB was discussed at another forum and the consensus among the gurus there was that it was impossible.

The reasons given were technical and went something like this: An LNB is a reciever for a fixed block of frequencies, 10.7-12.7 GHz for a KU LNB and 3.7-42GHz for C band LNB. It can never recieve signals outside its assigned frequency range, which means it can not send signals to the decoder which it can't recieve. However both KU and C band LNBs convert their signals to the same intermediate range of frequencies in the L band and send them to the decoder. So the decoder is just an L band reciever. Here is a surprise: The decoder uses the LNB settings information you give it to guess what KU or C band frequency a given L band frequency it is recieving was converted from and it will display this estimate to you. Everything works correctly if you gave it correct LNB setting information, Now suppose you lied to it? It will use that incorrect information in its computation and It will be green on a KU frequency when the incoming signal is actually C band or vice vesa.

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by platorepublic(m): 12:26pm On Aug 30, 2013
Can someone with Cband calculation help us on how to track C band FTA channels on Eutelsat 16 or 17 respectively

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by osagiemma: 12:57pm On Aug 30, 2013
pls does any 1 in the house has badr5 pls whc frequency do i use to track it thx
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Sophieamore1(f): 1:03pm On Aug 30, 2013
@UPRIGHT2010,
DOWNLOAD THE NEW FIRMWARE FOR STRONG 4669XII HERE:
http://crosat.us/upload/index.php?PHPSESSID=fa9f2d2037703794bc90f769244511b3&direction=0&order=mod&directory=Strong%20Receivers/Strong%20WIZKID%20Files/Strong%204%20Africa
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by isomadtech(m): 1:07pm On Aug 30, 2013
@all
my take on the issue of conversion are these:
1 if you are to use ku band lnb to receive c band frequencies, you must use big dish that will be able to see the signal because your 90cm dish will not be able to catch enough signal.
2 if you are to use c band lnb to receive ku band, you can use either c band dish or ku dish but you must have an adaptor for the c band lnb on your ku dish.
3 if you are to receive ku signal using c band lnb, your satellite setting must be for ku and not c band, i.e it must be on the universal setting 9750/10600 and you must input ku band frequency
4 if you are to receive c band signal using ku band lnb, your satellite setting must be on c band i.e single 5150
Let somebody put this to test and get back to the house on their findings.
thank you.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Bowofola213: 1:53pm On Aug 30, 2013
isomadtech: @all
my take on the issue of conversion are these:
1 if you are to use ku band lnb to receive c band frequencies, you must use big dish that will be able to see the signal because your 90cm dish will not be able to catch enough signal.
2 if you are to use c band lnb to receive ku band, you can use either c band dish or ku dish but you must have an adaptor for the c band lnb on your ku dish.
3 if you are to receive ku signal using c band lnb, your satellite setting must be for ku and not c band, i.e it must be on the universal setting 9750/10600 and you must input ku band frequency
4 if you are to receive c band signal using ku band lnb, your satellite setting must be on c band i.e single 5150
Let somebody put this to test and get back to the house on their findings.
thank you.
bros ave u try dis b4
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by UncleSmart: 2:43pm On Aug 30, 2013
osagiemma: pls does any 1 in the house has badr5 pls whc frequency do i use to track it thx
specifying your location matters sometimes on this type of question
Well, Use 12265H27500, and you can fine tune to around 90 plus so that the Pan Arab beam will come green.
check http://www.lyngsat.com/Badr-5.html
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by osagiemma: 3:11pm On Aug 30, 2013
UncleSmart:
specifying your location matters sometimes on this type of question
Well, Use 12265H27500, and you can fine tune to around 90 plus so that the Pan Arab beam will come green.
check http://www.lyngsat.com/Badr-5.html

thx so much am in calabar can i use 60cm to get it thx
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by permie(m): 4:36pm On Aug 30, 2013
[quote author=Obiagelli] CAN SOMEONE CONFIRM if it is possible to track irib with ku lnb on 20e using odiblle's discovery instead of all these back and forth, because some cband frequency are usually green on my receiver even though it connected to only ku lnb. [/quote

Try nailing Chinasat 12, IRIB is in ku and in Kenya its trackable with 90cm but with regard to the footprint you need a bigger dish
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IT4ALL: 4:37pm On Aug 30, 2013
Sophieamore1: @MAYAMIKO,
BON JU, SIR YOU CAN GET RDV ON EUTELSAT 16 A WITH 12562 H 30000 AND 10804 H 30000, I HOPE IT HELPS.
pls! ΨђåƮ is so special about 1.31p on strong 4922a HD decoder...does it has an option...pls! I need more info about b4 i upgrade ma decoder...`»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶⌣‎​
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by naijaobi(m): 4:42pm On Aug 30, 2013
IT4ALL: pls! ΨђåƮ is so special about 1.31p on strong 4922a HD decoder...does it has an option...pls! I need more info about b4 i upgrade ma decoder...`»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶⌣‎​
upgrade to 1.31.. U wnt regret it.. U can browse directly from ur decoder by just plugging ur modem to it..
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IT4ALL: 4:44pm On Aug 30, 2013
olenyi:

What of joy tv? Are u not ok with the movies it shows?

Regards.
click to Amos 5...ghallywoodtv shows latest movies...more on it...u need mpeg4 decoder to be able to be viewed...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IT4ALL: 4:47pm On Aug 30, 2013
Ogojohn: What is your location.
it depends on ur location ma bro...but i ve a used ãήϑ neat 2.4 meter fƠ̴͡я̲̅ 20k...A̶̲̥̅♏ in ib...u can get me on olusmile2003@yahoo.co.uk...with G̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡D̶̲̥̅ lnb...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IT4ALL: 4:50pm On Aug 30, 2013
naijaobi:
upgrade to 1.31.. U wnt regret it.. U can browse directly from ur decoder by just plugging ur modem to it..
...thats cool obi...but i mean if there is option there ãήϑ d date will not be change...but u ve not answered ma message...i said apart from browsn ΨђåƮ oda thing there...send me d link fƠ̴͡я̲̅ downloadn....`»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶⌣‎​
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IT4ALL: 4:52pm On Aug 30, 2013
Sophieamore1: @UPRIGHT2010,
DOWNLOAD THE NEW FIRMWARE FOR STRONG 4669XII HERE:
http://crosat.us/upload/index.php?PHPSESSID=fa9f2d2037703794bc90f769244511b3&direction=0&order=mod&directory=Strong%20Receivers/Strong%20WIZKID%20Files/Strong%204%20Africa
does it come with option fƠ̴͡я̲̅ dongles...pls help me to check
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IT4ALL: 4:58pm On Aug 30, 2013
jezsie: Hy gurus, pls I noticed that my zee cinema,MBC,setanta Africa,colour,etc on 36e is not showing this morning around 6.30am except cctv, dish .Is it the same with you all .Thanks .
workn well...only mbc2 is misbehavn...i suspect devilT
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kazewou: 4:58pm On Aug 30, 2013
hello please can anybody put the link of soft for SRT4922A for 3g modem?

(1) (2) (3) ... (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.