Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (493) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5459988 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sammu(m): 3:17pm On Nov 10, 2013
Ogojohn: forgotten my pin number for my strong decoder. please anyone with a master code to open it.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kosemanik: 3:39pm On Nov 10, 2013
Sophieamore1: @KOSEMANIK,
SORRY I TAUGHT IT WAS KU, INSTEAD OF GIVING YOU A GOOD TP I WILL PREFER YOU TRY THE DIFFERENT TPS AVAILABLE ON C BAND AT www.lyngsat.com/Amos-5.html
OR USE 3617 R 1167.
IF THE OTA SCREEN DOSNT COME OFF, JUST UNPLUG THE CABLE FROM THE BACK OF THE DECODER, SWITCH OF AND ON THE DECODER, IT SHOULD SOLVE THAT PROBLEM, IF IT DOES, GO THE OTA MENU AND CHANGE THE FREQUENCY FROM MYTV E.G INTELSAT 7/10 ETC TO ANY OTHER ONE.
tanks but now i dont even av access to d main menu wen i on it will show ota for 2minute and off again
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ayibatonye(m): 3:52pm On Nov 10, 2013
Slapel: New station on amos5 rescan ur decorded 12521 v 29998,channels are viasat explorer,visat nature,extreme emea,fine livin,aljazeera intl...
thank you. They are fta
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by isomadtech(m): 4:52pm On Nov 10, 2013
@all
pls is there anybody in the house that has receive IRIB stations with 1m dish within lagos /ogun axis. Pls respond. My 4054 only got to 63% and am using 4922a. Any special info or advice is welcome. Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IT4ALL: 8:05pm On Nov 10, 2013
isomadtech: @all
pls is there anybody in the house that has receive IRIB stations with 1m dish within lagos /ogun axis. Pls respond. My 4054 only got to 63% and am using 4922a. Any special info or advice is welcome. Thanks
this will help u;upgrade ur box with 1.33p...use supermax c-band lnb...♏akƺ sure ur lnb is btw 10 n 11o clock...thats it
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jacob2012(m): 8:12pm On Nov 10, 2013
Sophieamore1: @RAPTHUGX,
THANKS FOR THAT LINK, BUT THEY WHERE JUST TRYING TO INFORM PEOPLE THAT THEY ARE MOVING TO MPEG 4 OR HD AND ALSO MARKET THE 4940 HD WHICH IS COMPLETELY USELESS AND ALSO HELP PEOPLE UPGRADE THEIR DECODERS. BUT THE ACTUAL TRUTH IS THAT AS TECHNOLOGY IS CHANGING MYTV ARE ALSO TRYING TO CHANGE WITH IT, OF COURSE WE KNOW THEY HAVE MOVED THEIR CHANNELS TO MPEG 4 SO YOU DONT EXPECT THEIR CHANNELS TO WORK ON THE FIRST STRONG MPEG 2 DECODER, BUT THE CARD STILL WORKS FOR 69X BUT IF YOU GO TO THEIR OFFICE TO BUY IT NEW THEY WILL ADVISE YOU TO BUY IT WITH 4940, I HAVE THE MYTV CARD AND IT IS WORKING RIGHT NOW ON MY 4669X, 4930 AND 4922HD.
please sir, how do u do it. Bc i stil have d smart card on my 69x
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kosemanik: 8:21pm On Nov 10, 2013
at ilorin i even got 65% yet no show pls guru in d house help us
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kwameking: 8:29pm On Nov 10, 2013
Irib works perfectly on 1M dish. But it all depends on the type of C-band LNB you use
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 8:49pm On Nov 10, 2013
Sophieamore1: @RAPTHUGX,
THANKS FOR THAT LINK, BUT THEY WHERE JUST TRYING TO INFORM PEOPLE THAT THEY ARE MOVING TO MPEG 4 OR HD AND ALSO MARKET THE 4940 HD WHICH IS COMPLETELY USELESS AND ALSO HELP PEOPLE UPGRADE THEIR DECODERS. BUT THE ACTUAL TRUTH IS THAT AS TECHNOLOGY IS CHANGING MYTV ARE ALSO TRYING TO CHANGE WITH IT, OF COURSE WE KNOW THEY HAVE MOVED THEIR CHANNELS TO MPEG 4 SO YOU DONT EXPECT THEIR CHANNELS TO WORK ON THE FIRST STRONG MPEG 2 DECODER, BUT THE CARD STILL WORKS FOR 69X BUT IF YOU GO TO THEIR OFFICE TO BUY IT NEW THEY WILL ADVISE YOU TO BUY IT WITH 4940, I HAVE THE MYTV CARD AND IT IS WORKING RIGHT NOW ON MY 4669X, 4930 AND 4922HD.
Those providers really dissapointed elderly people.
I think the low rate demand of 4940 receivers could also be the reason why they slashed their subscription so that people may buy it.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ogojohn(m): 8:49pm On Nov 10, 2013
kwame-king:
Irib works perfectly on 1M dish. But it all depends on the type of C-band LNB you use
I HAD THE LUXURY OF TESTING TWO LNB ON A 1M DISH FOR IRIB TODAY. I TESTED A STRONG AND SUPERMAX LNB. WITH STRONG. I GOT MAXIMUM PERCENTAGE SIGNAL QUALITY OF 64 BUT WITH SUPERMAX I GOT 67 PERCENT.. I ALSO GOT EXTRA 5 CHANNELS ON TP 3862V 11999 WITH THESE STATIONS. TUNISIA 1 AND 2, HANNIBAL,NESSMA AND NESSMA EL KHADIRA. ONE THING ABOUT IRIB IS THAT THE SIGNAL INCREASES AS THE EVENING COMES. THE QUALITY OF THE SIGNAL IS AT ITS LOWEST AT NOON.
SO THE BEST TIME TO TRACK IT FOR THE UN INITIATED IS IN THE NIGHT.THE SIGNAL IS STRONG. I EVEN GOT THE ALJAZEERA TP ON THE SAME SAT EVEN WITHOUT THE LNB FEED HORN OF THE SUPERMAX LNB. MY LOCATION IS ONITSHA. I
HAPPY HUNTING.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Mfumu(m): 9:01pm On Nov 10, 2013
Guys this app for android and iphone called Dishpointer pro is amazing,,Imagine u are able to see the locations/points of all satellites using ur android phone camera!!

Very good for mult LNB installation, the app size is only 63kb. A must have app
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by iykmora(m): 9:29pm On Nov 10, 2013
was in d same situation wit you when tracking. Using strong lnbf of 15K noise figure(poor), i got max of 61% on 4054 and irib tp was red lyk blood. But after inserting my hand-made conical scalar ring, irib jumped to 65%. After tweakin the signal fluctuates b/w 67 and 68% and 4054 69%. I am in owerri and trackin irib on 1m takes just minutes to hit down. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by iykmora(m): 9:33pm On Nov 10, 2013
pic of the ring installed on the link below
iykmora: www.nairaland.com/712408/free-air-satellite-tv-general/487#19251106
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Iron2011: 10:44pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mfumu: Guys this app for android and iphone called Dishpointer pro is amazing,,Imagine u are able to see the locations/points of all satellites using ur android phone camera!!

you are right but i prefer satellite director to dishpointer.
i have used satellite director for over 100 installations.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adewunmis(m): 10:49pm On Nov 10, 2013
kwame-king:
pls wish brand of d lnb is d best 4 irib
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Akinige(m): 10:59pm On Nov 10, 2013
Adewunmis: pls wish brand of d lnb is d best 4 irib
supermax 17k noise
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by goodieuzo: 12:27am On Nov 11, 2013
please is 90cm dish the same as 1m dish?or is there a dish in the market called 1m dish?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GHONE: 12:38am On Nov 11, 2013
very slight difference
goodieuzo: please is 90cm dish the same as 1m dish?or is there a dish in the market called 1m dish?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jman77(m): 4:15am On Nov 11, 2013
Mfumu: Guys this app for android and iphone called Dishpointer pro is amazing,,Imagine u are able to see the locations/points of all satellites using ur android phone camera!!

pls give link to download.....thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by DAMOCA: 5:56am On Nov 11, 2013
ayibatonye: thank you. They are fta
to my side the tp is red but my ting packege is 82% what should i do and what is your signal level am using srt4930HD
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 5:56am On Nov 11, 2013
Good morning guys.

Just for your pleasure.

https://www.nairaland.com/1504894/documentary-nairaland-pictures

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by goodieuzo: 6:13am On Nov 11, 2013
GH-ONE:
very slight difference

how do i turn 90cm dish to 1m dish?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Mfumu(m): 6:56am On Nov 11, 2013
[quote author=jman77]pls give link to download.....thanks[/quote

Give me ur email addy coz I have the file in my phone
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by isomadtech(m): 6:56am On Nov 11, 2013
@IT4ALL, IYKMORA, OGOJOHN
Thanks for your contributions. I used supermax 17k. I will work on the handmade feehorn.
It seems people in the east and south south are having good signals these days.
I will give feedback to the house. Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by rapthugx(m): 7:35am On Nov 11, 2013
Mfumu: Guys this app for android and iphone called
Dishpointer pro is amazing,,Imagine u are able to see
the locations/points of all satellites using ur android
phone camera!!
Very good for mult LNB installation, the app size is
only 63kb. A must have app

jman77: pls give link to download.....thanks

I guess the app is not free if it is d same I came across sometime ago.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by akatonero(m): 7:56am On Nov 11, 2013
Very simple!!! Use hammer and hit it to broaden it I think u will get 1m or almost grin grin
I only suffer turning my dish from up to down in Nigeria oooooh I suffer alot. I enjoyed all these and more with my Verizon fast internet.
http://show-hd.at.ua/tv-page.html
goodieuzo:

how do i turn 90cm dish to 1m dish?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ucheo: 8:20am On Nov 11, 2013
@ ogo john. can u help install this Irib for some one in south east. if yes let's talk. just flash me 08063641721
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IT4ALL: 8:21am On Nov 11, 2013
isomadtech: @IT4ALL, IYKMORA, OGOJOHN
Thanks for your contributions. I used supermax 17k. I will work on the handmade feehorn.
It seems people in the east and south south are having good signals these days.
I will give feedback to the house. Thanks.
snap n let see ΨђåƮ u ve there
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by JamalR(m): 9:04am On Nov 11, 2013
What happened to the viasat stations and aljazeera intnl on Amos 5. They were scrambled yester9t. Is anyone receiving the stations fta now?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sunny78(m): 9:23am On Nov 11, 2013
same here scrambled
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by goodieuzo: 11:09am On Nov 11, 2013
aka tonero: Very simple!!! Use hammer and hit it to broaden it I think u will get 1m or almost grin grin
I only suffer turning my dish from up to down in Nigeria oooooh I suffer alot. I enjoyed all these and more with my Verizon fast internet.
http://show-hd.at.ua/tv-page.html

please can i get 1m through this means cause i want to dismantle my 90cm now
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kwameking: 12:04pm On Nov 11, 2013
Don't gamble with ur 90cm dish. It could even happen that, the one you have, is a 1M dish. Post the picture of what you have
goodieuzo:

please can i get 1m through this means cause i want to dismantle my 90cm now

(1) (2) (3) ... (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.