Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,547 members, 7,955,036 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:03 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5585790 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (2357) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 11:45pm On Oct 02, 2011
@George/Badaru i nail astra 1g @31.5e today at 11pm on my 2.4 motorise, i am sure if the set up was aling 4 this bird it will be nail in the day time, i got 55% with 11817v27500 just a little bit above big brother, people with 3m will have advantage. World beuty tv and the rest.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ussals(m): 6:08am On Oct 03, 2011
@Abdul010, I sent u a mail, try to reply as soon as u can, thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by arsenal1(m): 8:37am On Oct 03, 2011
Ellahdarrell:

try downling da software but am nt getting it. Plz direct me step by step on how to upgrade my avatar 2
lets talk on yahoo messenger later by 8pm today 'zerosquare4star@yahoo.com'
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 10:06am On Oct 03, 2011
@Adex,
Good work there. I will definitely give it a shot when I'm chanced.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 10:18am On Oct 03, 2011
@Adex l been receiving this sat some time ago but now l,m find it difficult to get.however l will try this time and see.Good work.thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by swordswifter: 10:54am On Oct 03, 2011
Hi all,
It looks like Atlantic Bird 7 has already started operations.This morning some transponders were not operational whiles others were having improved signal quality.I will be able to know for certain which frequencies have moved,those that are staying and those that will be joining later in the evening.You can check for it's status and in orbit parameters on http://www.n2yo.com/database/?q=Atlantic+Bird and http://www.n2yo.com/?s=37816 respectively.
*As for my post this past weekend,i never mentioned any names but i know the fellow knows himself.The method is still not yet complete that is why we haven't rushed to bring it out yet so if you want to claim it as your brain child we won't talk.We will be watching.I've said my piece of mind*
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Abdul010: 12:30pm On Oct 03, 2011
Ussals:

@Abdul010, I sent u a mail, try to reply as soon as u can, thanks
The spirit and r/ship of this great forum is for real, I finally made contact with Ussal a great member of this forum and I hope this oneness shall extend to other members. Ussal I'm grateful for your wonderful lectures may God continue to bless u adinifinitum.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adewest(m): 6:00pm On Oct 03, 2011
Adex70:

@George/Badaru i nail astra 1g @31.5e today at 11pm on my 2.4 motorise, i am sure if the set up was aling 4 this bird it will be nail in the day time, i got 55% with 11817v27500 just a little bit above big brother, people with 3m will have advantage. World beuty tv and the rest.

@ Adex,
This bird is been there for some years now, can't actually remember when i come across it. Some feeds chn showing kicks are transmitted on it most weekend

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 6:55pm On Oct 03, 2011
swordswifter:

Hi all,
It looks like Atlantic Bird 7 has already started operations.This morning some transponders were not operational whiles others were having improved signal quality.I will be able to know for certain which frequencies have moved,those that are staying and those that will be joining later in the evening.You can check for it's status and in orbit parameters on http://www.n2yo.com/database/?q=Atlantic+Bird and http://www.n2yo.com/?s=37816 respectively.

atlantic-bird 7 orbital test  will take place @13.2degrees west,from source a full series of test will take place before the satellite is moved to 7west, in the second half of october, and according to www.n2yo.com, the satellite is now @ longitude (-11.77). it has not arrived @7west, the satellite is still moving to 7west. grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 8:20pm On Oct 03, 2011
This sat, l got it but l could not get the channels you got.the channels are like the same dstv channels,thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 03, 2011
thanks oga badaru1, ola and the other guys that came to help me out earlier tody. I really appreciate u all. Thanks God bless. I wou,d be expecting ur call @badaru regarding the dish foiler and would keep u abreast on the other package as discussed as well.
cheers
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Peroluv(m): 11:11pm On Oct 03, 2011
Hi great nairaland gurus, pls help me on my strong reciever upgrade, i use to upgrade my box b4 with 9pin(rs232) plug via my pc. I got another pc, i notice that the pc dont have 9pin plug port. So i decided to use usb to 9pin plug. But no success, pls help me on the right plug to use. Am realy worried, thanx
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adedayo101: 3:27am On Oct 04, 2011
hia is d link to my 2 in 1installation pics on d 2 in 1thread as promised
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-519756.192.html#bot
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sambass(m): 5:14am On Oct 04, 2011
Adewest d grate i can remember those days 1.8m = nilesat magic hope u understand. Where is jujukemist and badaru1 i miss u guys
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ussals(m): 8:48am On Oct 04, 2011
Abdul010:

The spirit and r/ship of this great forum is for real, I finally made contact with Ussal a great member of this forum and I hope this oneness shall extend to other members. Ussal I'm grateful for your wonderful lectures may God continue to bless u adinifinitum.
Ameeen, its my pleasure. Viva fta
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Abdul010: 3:43pm On Oct 04, 2011
Following the lectures I received from Ussals I was able to calculates all possible satellites azimuth and elevation angle within my vicinity from this http://www.macfh.co.uk/JavaJive/AudioVisualTV/SatelliteTV/SatelliteCalculator.php ; my bit confusion is that I got Astra 2B elevation to be 64.96deg and W4/7 to be 56.56deg based on my location but practically my W4/7 lnb is above Astra2B, pls can any Guru explain to me the reason behind this practical differences. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ussals(m): 5:04pm On Oct 04, 2011
Abdul010:

Following the lectures I received from Ussals I was able to calculates all possible satellites azimuth and elevation angle within my vicinity from this http://www.macfh.co.uk/JavaJive/AudioVisualTV/SatelliteTV/SatelliteCalculator.php ; my bit confusion is that I got Astra 2B elevation to be 64.96deg and W4/7 to be 56.56deg based on my location but practically my W4/7 lnb is above Astra2B, pls can any Guru explain to me the reason behind this practical differences. Thanks in anticipation.
No no no, u r mistaken 1 for the other, w4/7 is dstv while astra2B is joy tv, so joy is above dstv, check it out
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by guente02(m): 5:11pm On Oct 04, 2011
Is anyone recieving nilesat 201 in the North with a 1.8m dish bcoz in Sokoto its Not coming on with 1.8m. Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 3:10am On Oct 05, 2011
l want some detail on strong srt 4910 hd pvr decoder,anyone using it shd give me more details on picture quality,it,s fast in blindscaning and can it do cardsharing well.thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 3:17am On Oct 05, 2011
New channel on 30.5e arabsat c-band freq 3613 v 4.300.1kzn.thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by NashFTA(m): 8:54am On Oct 05, 2011
@All,
The big brother, *DSTV* has now Introduced a Digital Terrestrial TV Service under the DVB-T2 standard. The service is being rolled out in a number of countries.

Check website on: http://www.gotvafrica.com .

The decoder goes for around USD62 (inclusive of 3 months subscription); followed by monthly subscription of USD6 for up to 21 channels including: eTV Africa; DayStar; Discovery World; Disney Junior; E! Entertainment; MagicWorld; Africa Magic Swahili; Africamagic +; Al Jazeera; Channel O; Nickelodeon; One Gospel; Sony Max; Style; TBN; BBC; Select Sport (Supersport). angry lipsrsealed

Local country TV channels are expected to be FTA.
Cheers.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by freshp(m): 9:27am On Oct 05, 2011
Nash-FTA:

@All,
The big brother, *DSTV* has now Introduced a Digital Terrestrial TV Service under the DVB-T2 standard. The service is being rolled out in a number of countries.

Check website on: http://www.gotvafrica.com .

The decoder goes for around USD62 (inclusive of 3 months subscription); followed by monthly subscription of USD6 for up to 21 channels including: eTV Africa; DayStar; Discovery World; Disney Junior; E! Entertainment; MagicWorld; Africa Magic Swahili; Africamagic +; Al Jazeera; Channel O; Nickelodeon; One Gospel; Sony Max; Style; TBN; BBC; Select Sport (Supersport). angry lipsrsealed

Local country TV channels are expected to be FTA.
Cheers.

@Nash,
its been quite a while where have you been. . . i hope all is well . . .
it seems the MCSA have realised that they do not hold sway to everything as before now they are trying other ways.
FTA still remains the best.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by williams85(m): 9:44am On Oct 05, 2011
gadotor:

New channel on 30.5e arabsat c-band freq 3613 v 4.300.1kzn.thank you
i guess that channel is also on toptv ,
Is d channel dvb-s2 ?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kungu(m): 3:47pm On Oct 05, 2011
A pub landlady has won the latest stage of her fight to air Premier League games using a foreign TV decoder.

Yesterday evening i was watching Quest Means Business hosted by Richard Quest on CNN.

Featured on the program was news of a pub landlady who won the latest stage of her fight to air Premier League games using a foreign TV decoder.

Karen Murphy had to pay nearly £8,000 in fines and costs for using a cheaper Greek decoder in her Portsmouth pub to bypass controls over match screening.

But she took her case to the European Court of Justice.

The ECJ now says national laws which prohibit the import, sale or use of foreign decoder cards are contrary to the freedom to provide services.

‘Relief’

It said national legislation, which banned the use of overseas decoders, could not “be justified either in light of the objective of protecting intellectual property rights or by the objective of encouraging the public to attend football stadiums”.

“She’s overwhelmed with relief at the moment,” Mrs Murphy’s lawyer, Paul Dixon, told.

“It’s been a long road for her but she's delighted to be getting the case back to the High Court now in London where it will be finalized, before very long we hope.

“It will mean increased competition in the broadcast market thats for sure.”

The ECJ findings will now go to the High Court in London, which had sent the matter to the ECJ for guidance, for a final ruling.

‘Contingency plans’

The decision could trigger a major shake-up for the Premier League and its current exclusive agreements with Sky Sports and ESPN.

“In practical terms, the Premier League will now have to decide how it wishes to re-tender its rights,” said sports media lawyer Daniel Geey of Field Fisher Waterhouse solicitors.

“There can be little doubt it will have contingency plans ready to go and has various options available.

“Be it a pan-EU tender, selling in only certain EU member states or devising a plan to start its own channel, they will be deciding how best to maximize the value of their product to ensure any revenue shortfall is minimized.”

The judges said the Premier League could not claim copyright over Premier League matches as they could not considered to be an authors own “intellectual creation” and, therefore, to be “works” for the purposes of EU copyright law.

However, the ECJ did add that while live matches were not protected by copyright, any surrounding media, such as any opening video sequence, the Premier League anthem, pre-recorded films showing highlights of recent Premier League matches and various graphics, were “works” protected by copyright.

To use any of these parts of a broadcast, a pub would need the permission of the Premier League.

‘Major blow’

Sky has pumped billions into top flight English football since the league was founded in 1992, with the money given to clubs allowing them to buy some of the top names in the world.

Our correspondent said that would not necessarily change, given the huge value of other deals.

The Premier League’s television income from mainland Europe is about £130m, less than 10% of their total £1.4bn overseas rights deal.

But he warned that it could have significant repercussions for other rights holders outside of sport, with life potentially getting more difficult for the film industry, which also sells its product on an country-by-country basis.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT, shocked
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 7:24pm On Oct 05, 2011
@kungu,
I was following that story on CNN yesterday and was quite impressed.
The lady certainly has guts!

Seems a landmark case that will spell doom for the likes of multichoice
strangle hold license regime for the whole of Africa.

Let's keep our fingers crossed and see how it trickles down here.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by badaru1(m): 7:36pm On Oct 05, 2011
@George

It can not happen here o,with our over zealous security agents. Once you are taken to court here,you are finished,most of the courts here don't research at all,so they may not even be aware of this case. This can only happen in free societies.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 8:33pm On Oct 05, 2011
@kungu/George the lady is justify to use another decoder in my own opinior,listning to the woman yesterday, she said she is paying £800 to sky every month on suscription, then she saw the greek decoder with £700 yearly with thesame package. Now tell me if u are in this woman shoe which package will you choose. A good lesson 4 big brother that have been monopolise the epl in africa. Soon i mean very soon an outsider provider will arive with there own decoder, cheaper and reliable than the little box rejected in Ghana for not meeting up to standard and they impose it on nigeria, no body can talk why? Our leader have sold us out, a word 4 the wise.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 9:20pm On Oct 05, 2011
If only they will allow the beams to enter the country.Take nilesat 201 beam as example,if only the beam is available with all the sport channel its enjoyment .10k by 12months and 45k per annum.the margine is much.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 11:04am On Oct 06, 2011
@ All, the old DSTV card is not working on strong reciever since yesterday even though the subscription have not expired, have anybody noticed this? Pls if yours is working, pls do notify me so that I know what to do. Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 4:24pm On Oct 06, 2011
D.lee:

@ All, the old DSTV card is not working on strong reciever since yesterday even though the subscription have not expired, have anybody noticed this? Pls if yours is working, pls do notify me so that I know what to do. Thanks.
The card is working fine now.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ussals(m): 5:25pm On Oct 06, 2011
D.lee:

The card is working fine now.
there is 172p dated 4/9/11 for 4663, dont know whether it will clear the Rs232 bug, though they tag it to clear, may be someone will try it
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 5:32pm On Oct 06, 2011
@Asesewaman.This is how is look like before l started.

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (2357) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.