Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,149 members, 7,953,542 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:35 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5583916 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (2357) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ellahdarrell(m): 2:20pm On Oct 10, 2011
jman77:

@all,i just aquired a strong srt4669z,nikkon brand cable,strong LNB, and i think a 90cm dish and f-connectors,i'm a complete newbie in FTA stuff.please show me way,any interesting channells in the west? And please tell me how to affix the f'connectors to the cable.thanks
u still got a long way to go. Go back to official thread of free to air part 1 and help ur self.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by textme: 8:14am On Oct 11, 2011
@All
Tvc international and Dove vision temporary free to air on W4.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by textme: 8:33am On Oct 11, 2011
All,
I have koan KSC660HD and my neighbor owns a strong 4669x. I discover that koan has a very poor video quality as compared with strong 4669x. koan produces pictures that are somehow reddish and not sharp. green colour reproduction is the worst hit(when watch on an LCD screen). I was thinking of Upgrading to a new decoder be it SD or HD. Has any one in the forum experimented with picture qualities of the various decoders using the same source and input.
please kindly advice.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by petfun4u(m): 8:52am On Oct 11, 2011
Another new satellite has also be lunched successfully (Eutelsat W3C). This covers the whole of WEST AFRICA. the details below and the footprint:

tellite Name: Eutelsat W3C
Position: 16° E (16° E)
Norad:
Cospar number:
Operator: Eutelsat Communications S.A.
Launch date: 7-Oct-2011 (Estimated)
Launch site: Xichang Satellite Launch Center
Launch vehicle: Long March CZ-3B
Launch mass (kg): 5400
Dry mass (kg):
Manufacturer: Thales Alenia Space
Model (bus): Spacebus-4000C3
Orbit: GEO
Expected lifetime: 15 yrs.

Details:
53 Ku and 3 Ka-band transponders to provide broadcasting, broadband, video, data transmission and internet access services to Europe, Middle East, the Indian Ocean Islands and Africa.

Beams:
Ku-band Africa beam (predicted)
Ku-band Europe A beam (predicted)
Ku-band Europe B beam (predicted)
Ku-band Europe C beam (predicted)
Ku-band South-East Africa beam (predicted)

U can check this link http://www.satbeams.com/!ajax/embed?beam=7044 for the footprint

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by petfun4u(m): 8:58am On Oct 11, 2011
W3C will replace the EUROBIRD™ 16, W2M and SESAT 1 satellites at 16° East. Through its configuration of 56 transponders, (53 Ku and three Ka), it will address markets for broadcasting and telecom/data services via four footprints:

A high-power footprint optimised for Direct-to-Home broadcasting in Central Europe will anchor the 16° East neighbourhood as a point of reference for satellite TV in the region, serving over 11 million households.

High-power coverage over Indian Ocean islands will support the expansion of pay-TV and accelerate digital switchover in Mauritius and Reunion Island.

A wide footprint serving Europe, North Africa and the Middle East will serve markets for data networks and newsgathering.

A new footprint for 16° East, with Ku coverage stretching from Senegal to Madagascar and enabling connectivity with Europe in Ka-band, will respond to high-growth applications that include GSM backhaul and Internet access for enterprises and public agencies.

Read the details hre : http://www.eutelsat.com/news/compress/en/2011/html/PR%206311%20W3C%20%20launch/PR%206311%20W3C%20%20launch.html
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by williams85(m): 10:46am On Oct 11, 2011
textme:

All,
I have koan KSC660HD and my neighbor owns a strong 4669x. I discover that koan has a very poor video quality as compared with strong 4669x. koan produces pictures that are somehow reddish and not sharp. green colour reproduction is the worst hit(when watch on an LCD screen). I was thinking of Upgrading to a new decoder be it SD or HD. Has any one in the forum experimented with picture qualities of the various decoders using the same source and input.
please kindly advice.
its not true.
I have the same kaon box, wit aac sound, And excellent picture quality,
The only set back is, i can't track birds wit it because its signal parameters can't be read accurately. Thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 11:37am On Oct 11, 2011
text me, do picture settings on your tv and i hope that will solve the problem.i guess you put more colours than expected.adjust the colour ,brightness ,sharpness etc until you get a perfect pictures that suite you.Have a nice day
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 11:52am On Oct 11, 2011
lt can,t be decoder issure you have to 1.tune you tv colours well 2.Go into the decoder,s menu and make sure you select 1080p or 1080i picture quality.and you be fine.thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by manyax(m): 12:51pm On Oct 11, 2011
textme:

@All
Tvc international and Dove vision temporary free to air on W4.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 1:59pm On Oct 11, 2011
loud and clear.thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sylve11: 2:20pm On Oct 11, 2011
sambass:

It depends on your tweaking ability

tweaking or no tweaking, dual lnb is always higher than single lnb. . . cool
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by textme: 4:17pm On Oct 11, 2011
Thanks Gadotor, Obnelly and Williams85 for your comments,  The issue is not colour settings on My television set. I Used an LCD screen with a particular picture Mode(VIVID) The source being Koan decoder and strong 4669x and the input is through RCA cable(Not HDMI or Component) The decoder resolution was set to 1080p for the two respectively. The distinction is very clear, i also experimented with different Video players(Sony,Lg) within my reach on the same standard Picture mode on Television. There is a great difference on the display.
  If there are other members of the forum who might have had  similar experiments with other receivers, please share i cherish good pictures aside receiver's capabilities.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lovala(m): 4:38pm On Oct 11, 2011
textme:

Thanks Gadotor, Obnelly and Williams85 for your comments, The issue is not colour settings on My television set. I Used an LCD screen with a particular picture Mode(VIVID) The source being Koan decoder and strong 4669x and the input is through RCA cable(Not HDMI or Component) The decoder resolution was set to 1080p for the two respectively. The distinction is very clear, i also experimented with different Video players(Sony,Lg) within my reach on the same standard Picture mode on Television. There is a great difference on the display.
If there are other members of the forum who might have had similar experiments with other receivers, please share i cherish good pictures aside receiver's capabilities.

Could it be that the kaon is a fake? I saw a strong 4663x one time which not only had such color problems but also had bad aspect ration problems as well.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 5:26pm On Oct 11, 2011
Thank you too,it,s our goal to help each other to acheive the best.l,m glad you follow our advices.fta forever
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lovala(m): 12:43am On Oct 12, 2011
KTN is back on AB3 while STV1 and 2 seem to have buried their heads into the sand.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by williams85(m): 6:56am On Oct 12, 2011
lovala:

KTN is back on AB3 while STV1 and 2 seem to have buried their heads into the sand.
AB3 is it on same position wit siruis and w3a, Cos i want to track it, My 1.8m pan is on arabsat5A, Thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kuntash: 7:54am On Oct 12, 2011
season 5 redirected here,, hmm , must have missed alot

@ all, I dont desire to take some of u aback by asking questions already answered,

but as you would know, I cant go thru all 5 episodes, thus pardon me for asking this JJC question,

I have a 90cm dish and a smaller one making two- I was using to get some east africa station (they call it madagasca) while the other was for w4

The workings were always troublesome - I didnt enjoy a thing there,

So please what FTA channels can I get with these dishes ? I have a 4663X strong receiver and a dstv one with an unmapped card

I am willing to get another 90cm dish and a different decoder if advised thus, thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by freshp(m): 8:08am On Oct 12, 2011
kuntash:

season 5 redirected here,, hmm , must have missed alot

@ all, I dont desire to take some of u aback by asking questions already answered,

but as you would know, I cant go thru all 5 episodes, thus pardon me for asking this JJC question,

I have a 90cm dish and a smaller one making two- I was using to get some east africa station (they call it madagasca) while the other was for w4

The workings were always troublesome - I didnt enjoy a thing there,

So please what FTA channels can I get with these dishes ? I have a 4663X strong receiver and a dstv one with an unmapped card

I am willing to get another 90cm dish and a different decoder if advised thus, thanks

Okay guy,
for starters if you really want real FTA . . then any of the 69 series is a must have . . Mpeg4 is the way for now.
just above W4 is astra 2b with a lot of FTA channels just read the reference thread

_http://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-332428.0.html

then here for more . .
_http://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-357272.0.html

i hope this helps. wink
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 10:31am On Oct 12, 2011
Get strong srt 4669z and the and 90cm dish with 28.2b astra 2b and 36e w4 ku.thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kuntash: 10:53am On Oct 12, 2011
^^^^ thanks alot,

the last 4663x I had was bought buy the guy that was tryn to set up the dongle stuff for me. and I later understood it was a copy (fake) 4663X,

pls where can I get the authentic 4669Z? I see u are in Ghana,
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Iron2011: 11:15am On Oct 12, 2011
hmm! 4669z is not easy to come by nowadys. shy ur eyes or else u will get back to where you are coming from.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lovala(m): 11:27am On Oct 12, 2011
williams85:

AB3 is it on same position wit siruis and w3a, Cos i want to track it, My 1.8m pan is on arabsat5A, Thank you
Hello big willy:
For sure AB3 is close to Sirius and W3a or from NSS7, while standing behind your 1.8m move it to the left and slightly upwards.

@All, ma baad, STV1 and2 from Douala are both wxing strong on AB3, it was just a temporal glitch. Thankx.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kuntash: 11:44am On Oct 12, 2011
Iron2011:

hmm! 4669z is not easy to come by nowadys. shy your eyes or else u will get back to where you are coming from.

is that so? , which way then pls?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 12:34pm On Oct 12, 2011
lovala:

KTN is not back on AB3 and their signal on that satellite have always been so epileptic. They are back in one hour and in next one week they disappear. STV 1 and 2 are rocking strongly.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 12:45pm On Oct 12, 2011
Iron2011:

hmm! 4669z is not easy to come by nowadys. shy your eyes or else u will get back to where you are coming from.
kuntash:

is that so?  ,  which way then pls?
Go to Sobis shop either in Lagos or Onitsha. They are one of the biggest Mytv distributor in the countary. They never compromise, you will always buy original Strong product from them.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Iron2011: 12:59pm On Oct 12, 2011
U have to verify it from the mytv's verification side using it serial number. use this:http://www.mytvportal.net/stronggenuine.aspx
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Sophieamore1(f): 2:03pm On Oct 12, 2011
@IRON2011,
VERIFY WHAT?
YOU JUST HEARD SOBIS ARE ONE OF THE BIGGEST DISTRIBUTORS OF STRONG PRODUCTS HERE IN NIGERIA, AND YET YOU STILL DOUBT THEM.
IT LOOKS LIKE YOU ARE GHANANIAN, BECAUSE IF YOU ARE NIGERIAN AND YOU HAVE PURCHASED PRODUCTS FROM THEM YOU WOULD NOT POST THIS.
@LOVALA, IT LOOKS LIKE CAMEROUN IS ALSO FILLED UP WITH FAKE PRODUCTS, BECAUSE YOU HAVE BEEN COMPLAINING OF FAKE PRODUCTS ALSO.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by cantell(m): 3:22pm On Oct 12, 2011
^^Na fight?
It's just an added precaution. He should verify after buying.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kuntash: 3:57pm On Oct 12, 2011
^^^^ I concur, 

I tried doing that verification on my current 4663x and couldnt see d details required from strong url.

would get intouch with Sobis, just seen in on strong site.

tanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 4:06pm On Oct 12, 2011
@kuntash Contact me on 00233203558708 if you need the 9z.thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 5:00pm On Oct 12, 2011
Sophimore,that joke is too expensive we are brothers here.imagine an american telling you what is wrong with these nigerians.i guess you ll fill bad.pls let us operate like brother.i presume u are a female.then let us operate like brothers and sisters.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dodos(f): 5:11pm On Oct 12, 2011
@ sophie

I think iron2011 meant no harm therefore i believe you came down on him too strongly. Also i happen to find it amazing that all your post seem to be in bold letters.

Does your keyboard or pad not have small leters. Also i thought it was against the foundation of this forum. grin grin

@ iron

How now. Your Voda is down. Any reason.

@ sathob

I say thanks for the last time.

@ all

lets be one and forge ahead.

I salute all

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (2357) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.