Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (599) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5458259 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Tooka(m): 5:55pm On Sep 14, 2014
Any hope for RDV biss key? please!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by trek4000: 6:27pm On Sep 14, 2014
Muvi tv has advised that decoder be rescaned after 12hrs CAT so that we be able to get more channels under test transmission.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by DARELESTIN(m): 6:31pm On Sep 14, 2014
brainy02: pls wht more can i do, at 82% with 12016v29949 my either etv hyde park or first service or any feed isnt popping any green..... i knw they donr broadcast now but wht am saying is i just cant get it at all, wht can i do?
live it Tuesday, it will surely pop up green.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Abdulyoung111: 6:49pm On Sep 14, 2014
blexxonmak: @Abdulyoung111.Some downloaded files are in .zip or .rar format. These files must be “unzipped” before they can be used.
On Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7, unzip support is built-in. First, double-click on the .zip file to open it up. In the window that opens, click Extract all files.The Extraction Wizard will open. Click Next to continue.From the Select a Destination dialog, select the location where you want the folder to be placed (by default this will be in a subfolder of the folder the .zip file is in). Then click Next to extract the files.

However,if your system does not have an in built unzip support,you will have to download and install an unzip software program, such as WinZip, WinRAR or 7-Zip (check the following links: http://www.winzip.com/prod_down.htm,http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm,http://www.7-zip.org/).Depending on the program, you may need to restart the computer to complete the installation process.
Double-click on the zip file. The unzip software that you downloaded opens.Click the "Extract" tab or button in the software program. This will likely be found at the top of the unzip program. A window appears after clicking "Extract".Select a save folder for the soon-to-be unzipped file inside the open window. The default folder for the unzipped file will be the same folder for the zipped folder. You can change this by clicking on a new folder in the window.Click "Extract" or "Save" (depending on the program). The zipped Windows file will be unzipped.

on which format will it be after unzipping it
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by irukandji89(m): 7:14pm On Sep 14, 2014
Derbyman: first service didn't show anytin but green at 52%. 12015 at 82%

It will show on tuesday.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by THREASHOLD20: 7:29pm On Sep 14, 2014
graphicicon: that TP is red and blood.
May be u shld blind scan
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Obascoetubi: 7:45pm On Sep 14, 2014
odilibe:

yeah canal+sports is running on hotbird-13east under cyfra+, while fox sports is on sky Italia package...any dvB receiver can track hotbird -13east cos 90% of packages on hortbird-13east are running on dvbs/ mpeg2 format....but these channels are $crambled and few of those packages speak English lol ,like cyfra+ ..you may lock them with 3m dish!
can i track hotbird wit 1.8m dish in kogi state?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Rotimiseyi(m): 7:47pm On Sep 14, 2014
irukandji89:

It will show on tuesday.
Pls how do i get dis chanel dat wil show tuesday ucl. Satellite and tp pls. Thx
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Olutozn54(m): 8:02pm On Sep 14, 2014
Pls can somon teach me how to nail irib package on qsat wit 2.6m dish...i do av it on my 69 b4 dashin my bro wen i bought qsat..pls somon teach me lik am 8yrs old..doin so towards champs...d transponder,bird,etc to enter for qsat... God bless all
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hamedade2000(m): 8:03pm On Sep 14, 2014
trek4000: Muvi tv has advised that decoder be rescaned after 12hrs CAT so that we be able to get more channels under test transmission.
Multi TV or muvi TV plz?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by duality(m): 8:49pm On Sep 14, 2014
Please who has used this Dove decoder ie RTM. I was just given one. any one in the house with knowledge about it? I want to install it too.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Oluwalogbon(m): 8:56pm On Sep 14, 2014
Olutozn54: Pls can somon teach me how to nail irib package on qsat wit 2.6m dish...i do av it on my 69 b4 dashin my bro wen i bought qsat..pls somon teach me lik am 8yrs old..doin so towards champs...d transponder,bird,etc to enter for qsat... God bless all

just insert the cable to ur qsat and go to sat C Amos 5 and rescan it.u are good to go
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 8:58pm On Sep 14, 2014
duality: Please who has used this Dove decoder ie RTM. I was just given one. any one in the house with knowledge about it? I want to install it too.

Its just an mpeg 2 decoder like strong 63x.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by duality(m): 9:06pm On Sep 14, 2014
Ameboperoo:
Its just an mpeg 2 decoder like strong 63x.

Honestly bro, I dont know anything about these decoder thing. I was given the decoder and dish. are you saying its same with mytv/strong, does it work differently?does it have other stations etc. any info will be appreciated. The person I asked about it told me it is different from the rest of dstv, consat, mytv etc.

I beg educate me.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by konami001: 9:30pm On Sep 14, 2014
Freddygaz:
Hello thea....I got a 3.8M dish and ddnt manage to hit the bird tho am 6° south of you guys....do I need a large dish or giveup alltogether? :/

I get almost all the channels on hotbird with the exception of a few sky italia hd channels and Sky calcio 15 and some primafila channels... i am looking for an LNB that is very good with fringe satellite reception so i can nail all the channels on the bird...

My dish is very very big... it is so big that they call our House "Satellite House".... it is a 5.5m fibre dish...

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 10:20pm On Sep 14, 2014
konami001:

I get almost all the channels on hotbird with the exception of a few sky italia hd channels and Sky calcio 15 and some primafila channels... i am looking for an LNB that is very good with fringe satellite reception so i can nail all the channels on the bird...

My dish is very very big... it is so big that they call our House "Satellite House".... it is a 5.5m fibre dish...
That is an earth station. Where did you buy it?

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 10:20pm On Sep 14, 2014
konami001:

I advise you get a mini x4 decoder for those channels.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by konami001: 11:50pm On Sep 14, 2014
EMMAACHILE:
That is an earth station. Where did you buy it?

I saw a house for sale and i saw through the fence that there was a big dish inside... i was looking for 3m that time to use for OSN/Nilesat... the compound was a very big compound and the dish appeared to me as a 3m.... i arranged with the agents and i paid for the dish, it was when i went back to the house to carry it i met the shock of my life... The dish was so big that we could not even carry it into the back of the van... it took about 15 men to lift the dish into the van.... then, during installation, i needed a crane to hang it up on the stand.. i will upload a pic of the dish later for all to see... I have been using the dish for more than 4 yrs... very solid dish...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by konami001: 11:52pm On Sep 14, 2014
EMMAACHILE:
I advise you get a mini x4 decoder for those channels.

I will love to have the mini x4.... how can i get it?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 12:07am On Sep 15, 2014
konami001:

I will love to have the mini x4.... how can i get it?
Add me on bbm 792AB4C0 or send me your mail or whatsapp number
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by VITALYSTA(m): 5:43am On Sep 15, 2014
Derbyman: first service didn't show anytin but green at 52%. 12015 at 82%
Please what is the dish size?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by konami001: 5:45am On Sep 15, 2014
EMMAACHILE:
Add me on bbm 792AB4C0 or send me your mail or whatsapp number
Request sent...HJ
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 6:21am On Sep 15, 2014
konami001:
Request sent...HJ
I have replied you and the sellers name included.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 6:24am On Sep 15, 2014
konami001:

I saw a house for sale and i saw through the fence that there was a big dish inside... i was looking for 3m that time to use for OSN/Nilesat... the compound was a very big compound and the dish appeared to me as a 3m.... i arranged with the agents and i paid for the dish, it was when i went back to the house to carry it i met the shock of my life... The dish was so big that we could not even carry it into the back of the van... it took about 15 men to lift the dish into the van.... then, during installation, i needed a crane to hang it up on the stand.. i will upload a pic of the dish later for all to see... I have been using the dish for more than 4 yrs... very solid dish...
Dis na earth station ooooo,5.5m,very big,dat must be very expensive,never seen such size for FTA b4,except for Broadcasting Houses.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by TOWNJUJU: 6:35am On Sep 15, 2014
Guys everything is possible in sat wold.
Check out dis dish and tell me ur observations. Though pix is not too clear

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by irukandji89(m): 6:38am On Sep 15, 2014
Rotimiseyi:
Pls how do i get dis chanel dat wil show tuesday ucl. Satellite and tp pls. Thx

Check abt 2-3 pages b4 this one. You will see the answer to your question there.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by irukandji89(m): 6:42am On Sep 15, 2014
I really don't think its too hard for ppl to check this page daily to keep themselves up to date.

It won't make them feel left behind.

And when you miss some pages, why not check them out to know the context of a particular discussion?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by irukandji89(m): 6:45am On Sep 15, 2014
TOWNJUJU: Guys everything is possible in sat wold.
Check out dis dish and tell me ur observations. Though pix is not too clear

Looks like those dishes used by banks and cyber cafes.

Can it be used for fta also?

If so, then I can meet ∂ owner of one cyber cafe wey don pack up for my friend's area.

Perhaps he will be willing to sell.

But oga townwjuju, shey that nepa wire will not obstruct signal?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by TOWNJUJU: 6:50am On Sep 15, 2014
That is the spirit of fta. To ur question Yes!
That is d reason i brought it here for us to learn and motivate each other.
I did it for a friend yesterday. Cband arabsat 20E
irukandji89:

If so, then I can meet ∂ owner of one cyber cafe wey don pack up for my friend's area.

Perhaps he will be willing to sell.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by TOWNJUJU: 6:55am On Sep 15, 2014
irukandji89:

Yes, very correct.

Yes!

Dont mind d pix, d nepa wire is far from d dish, lol
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by irukandji89(m): 6:59am On Sep 15, 2014
TOWNJUJU: That is the spirit of fta. To ur question Yes!
That is d reason i brought it here for us to learn and motivate each other.
I did it for a friend yesterday. Cband arabsat 20E

May ur level of ingenuity never deplete. Same for all other gurus behind the scene.

We can only try to aspire to reach ur level. grin with your guidance of course.

But to be frank, May God Continue to bless the founders of this thread. And ∂ owner of this site.

You have really changed my life.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by arsene1: 8:10am On Sep 15, 2014
guys 12016 v 30000 is green on ses 5 and there is no e hydepark just some fta channels

(1) (2) (3) ... (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.