Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,786 members, 7,827,895 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (621) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5450994 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by luvablesam(m): 11:04am On Oct 07, 2014
Guys I just wanna know something,can a broken
clamp that holds the lnb to the dish be replaced? I
need urgent answers pls.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by xnnalvin(m): 11:52am On Oct 07, 2014
luvablesam:
Guys I just wanna know something,can a broken
clamp that holds the lnb to the dish be replaced? I
need urgent answers pls.
anh anh yes nah
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by xnnalvin(m): 11:58am On Oct 07, 2014
hmmmmm i cnt shout!gurus in d ause i tried dat eri tv wit 4.4m dish bt d signal strent was as red as blood n i dnt knw if dere is any special lmb to b used to gun down dis sat...xo if dere is any guru in d ause wu is willin to make research wit me to gun down dis sat at ma place.i leav @ ajangbadi alng alaba international road ojo lagos.alert me wit dis mail salakosamuel13@yahoo.com....
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by wilsonjay: 2:00pm On Oct 07, 2014
@george d : sir the tracking frequency you pasted for c and ku band is not opening can you help us check and repost again. thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 3:31pm On Oct 07, 2014
wilsonjay:
@george d : sir the tracking frequency you pasted for c and ku band is not opening can you help us check and repost again. thanks

@wilson,
Those frequencies are as authentic as they can be. They are live TP data copied directly from a working decoder,
satellite by satellite, channel by channel and not just some theoretical frequencies copied from some website.
Please refer to screenshots already posted. If you cannot lock the signals then probably you need to work on your dish.

Also, remember that they are location specific. If you live outside the region specified then it may be difficult to get a signal lock.

In addition, some of those beams (especially C band) may need up to 2.4M mesh dish to track except the KU beams which are
DTH and can be tracked with dishes of 110cm or less.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 4:03pm On Oct 07, 2014
@all,

For all those who may be having difficulties downloading the word document containing tracking frequencies that
I posted yesterday, especially those browsing from mobile devices, this is a screenshot version for your convenience.

I tried copying and pasting directly but the spambot banned me for a whole 24hrs! Apparently it doesn't like all the
percentage symbols being thrown around like that.

Ok, consider this a scoop as it doesn't get better than this. A whole month's tireless work thrown at your laps!
It is every satellite installer's dream come true!!! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Graham4luv(m): 4:14pm On Oct 07, 2014
gurus in d house pls help me, to track Intelsat 20@68.5° c- band which T.p is easiest on to use in tracking d sat. and can 1.8m do d job. my main target dia is does South Korean channels
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 4:34pm On Oct 07, 2014
@Graham4luv.Track with the Aljazeera/CCTV transponder-4064 H DVB-S 19850-7/8.
And track without the teflon (dielectric plate)
Sure,180cm dish can do the job.

Graham4luv:
gurus in d house pls help me, to track Intelsat 20@68.5° c- band which T.p is easiest on to use in tracking d sat. and can 1.8m do d job. my main target dia is does South Korean channels
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 5:14pm On Oct 07, 2014
@Dinhodinho.Yes.
Loveworld/TRT TURK-12322 H DVB-S 23438-3/4
CCTVN-11958 H DVB-S2 27500-3/4 (8PSK)
CCTVD-12054 V DVB-S2 27500-3/4 (8PSK)
CCTVF-12073 V DVB-S 27500-3/4

Track with 12092 H DVB-S2 27500-2/3 (8PSK) or 12245 H DVB-S 27500-3/4

Dinhodinho:
Please Gurus, are there free Channels i can get on Dstv position with my strong decoder? If posible, help me with the freqencies or Tp to track them.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Graham4luv(m): 7:49pm On Oct 07, 2014
@blexxomak , tanks 4 ur respond. but can it receive KBS , YTN and CTS d Korean channels
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Oluwalogbon(m): 8:21pm On Oct 07, 2014
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Graham4luv(m): 8:28pm On Oct 07, 2014
Oluwalogbon:
wat do u mint by 1
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 10:02pm On Oct 07, 2014
@Graham4luv. Sure.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 11:53pm On Oct 07, 2014
Pls house when do we need to insert dioelectric plate in an lnb neck, and also kindly post the picture of the dioelectric plate.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 5:03am On Oct 08, 2014
@ graphicicon.Dielectric plate (Teflon or fiberglass) is inserted to convert circularly polarized signals to linear polarization.In other word,the dielectric plate converts the C band LNB or LNBF from linear to circular to receive C band circular signals.

graphicicon:
Pls house when do we need to insert dioelectric plate in an lnb neck, and also kindly post the picture of the dioelectric plate.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 6:20am On Oct 08, 2014
D LNBs u find in d market are linear LNBs,e.g V/H 13/17V SUPERMAX LNBF.With d teflon u select V as RHCP and H as LHCP.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 6:41am On Oct 08, 2014
Note: RHCP = R and LHCP = L.Thus using Arabsat-5C @ 20E as an example,3964R becomes 3964V and 4054L becomes 4054H
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Luizy(m): 12:39pm On Oct 08, 2014
Pls can i track etv cape town & etv hyde park with the same 90cm dish in lagos state nigeria? If yes... Pls i need d frequency & symbol rate. Thankss
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jay14(m): 2:05pm On Oct 08, 2014
@ Guru & all.
Pls kindly tell me what to do,I wanted to put biss key into my SRT 4329 but all in vain.8280 refused to work & 6969 didn't patch-on,the software version is 21-9-2011,urgently needed pls.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Osekele(m): 3:04pm On Oct 08, 2014
Hi gurus!!! Which satellite gives free EPL?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by DimitriLavrov: 3:44pm On Oct 08, 2014
I greet all the members especially those whose contributions helped me in tracking an offset dish for the first time grin grin grin
I was able to lock Astra 2f and Amos 5 cheesy cheesy cheesy
Now the next challenge is to hit Astra 4a/Ses 5 Etv hp,Zuku,& Starsat angry angry angry
That's where you come in, Kindly direct me Using:
(a) Astra 2f (multitv) as reference point
(b) Amos 5 (AIT/RDV) as reference point
To lock on this sat. Am really beginning to enjoy this hobby lets do it together Tp's are welcome as well.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by DimitriLavrov: 3:47pm On Oct 08, 2014
Luizy:
Pls can i track etv cape town & etv hyde park with the same 90cm dish in lagos state nigeria? If yes... Pls i need d frequency & symbol rate. Thankss

Yes both of them are in the same position. just different TP's.
And with 90cm I think you are good to go.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Luizy(m): 4:31pm On Oct 08, 2014
@DimitriLavrov... Pls help me with right TPs. Pls i nid to install it asap for UCL on tuesdays. Tnx
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Luizy(m): 4:36pm On Oct 08, 2014
DimitriLavrov:

Yes both of them are in the same position. just different TP's.
And with 90cm I think you are good to go.
Pls help me with the right TP's. Does this channels show any other live matches apart from tuesday's ucl match?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Rotimiseyi(m): 4:37pm On Oct 08, 2014
Gurus in d house pls help me. Am using 2 dishes, one 4 multi tv and d oda 4 darsat. My decoda is 4922A. D problem is dat d multi tv dish has stoped workin and i've tried my best all 2 no avail. I'v even change d disec but its not comin up. I also run d cable directly but its stil dsame. Pls help a broda
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 5:12pm On Oct 08, 2014
@Rotimiseyi. Check that the lnb is good.If problem persists try adjusting the alignment of your dish.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ehisdan(m): 5:16pm On Oct 08, 2014
Rotimiseyi:
Gurus in d house pls help me. Am using 2 dishes, one 4 multi tv and d oda 4 darsat. My decoda is 4922A. D problem is dat d multi tv dish has stoped workin and i've tried my best all 2 no avail. I'v even change d disec but its not comin up. I also run d cable directly but its stil dsame. Pls help a broda
Bros 3 things are involved is either d dish has shifted position or d lnb is faulty or the cable is faulty. Try re-allign ur dish or change d lnb or change d cable.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Rizstar: 5:35pm On Oct 08, 2014
please gurus in the house
how do i configure MYTV or MULTI TV to watch EPL matches free. Txn
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by emekamexz(m): 5:51pm On Oct 08, 2014
Hi guys, please I want to get a strong decoder. I need your advise on which is best as I know there are different specs of strong HD decoder in the market. Awaiting your response. Cheers.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jay14(m): 5:55pm On Oct 08, 2014
Jay14:
@ Guru & all.
Pls kindly tell me what to do,I wanted to put biss key into my SRT 4329 but all in vain.8280 refused to work & 6969 didn't patch-on,the software version is 21-9-2011,urgently needed pls.
I beg make unna help me ooooo
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by DimitriLavrov: 6:01pm On Oct 08, 2014
DimitriLavrov:
I greet all the members especially those whose contributions helped me in tracking an offset dish for the first time grin grin grin
I was able to lock Astra 2f and Amos 5 cheesy cheesy cheesy
Now the next challenge is to hit Astra 4a/Ses 5 Etv hp,Zuku,& Starsat angry angry angry
That's where you come in, Kindly direct me Using:
(a) Astra 2f (multitv) as reference point
(b) Amos 5 (AIT/RDV) as reference point
To lock on this sat. Am really beginning to enjoy this hobby lets do it together Tp's are welcome as well.

Retweet.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 08, 2014
Please house, with your help I always tracked any sat I wish to get but I now find it difficult to nail 16°East channels like RDV while all channels on Amos 5, 17°East are showing. pls help. I tracked with 12217 v 27500 and later used this frq 10804 H 30000 (no green) on 90 cm dish and SRT 4329 in Ekiti.

(1) (2) (3) ... (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Trendy247 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.