Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,114 members, 7,838,820 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (622) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5462530 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) ... (2352) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Timijo(m): 7:33pm On Oct 08, 2014
alablec:
Please house, with your help I always tracked any sat I wish to get but I now find it difficult to nail 16°East channels like RDV while all channels on Amos 5, 17°East are showing. pls help. I tracked with 12217 v 27500 and later used this frq 10804 H 30000 (no green) on 90 cm dish and SRT 4329 in Ekiti.
You have used wrong tp to track. Use 11009V30000 to track amos5. Make sure u get signal of up to 60 and above. Then do blind scan, ur Rdv wil pop up.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lamtam0: 8:05pm On Oct 08, 2014
[quote author=Luizy post=26971589]
Pls help me with the right TP's. Does this channels show any other live matches apart from tuesday's ucl match?[/quote
use 12022vorh29946 to track let ur quality be like 85% upward den input 12710vorh04430 & 12730vorh04430
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 08, 2014
Timijo:
You have used wrong tp to track. Use 11009V30000 to track amos5. Make sure u get signal of up to 60 and above. Then do blind scan, ur Rdv wil pop up.

Thanks bro, I will do as u suggested.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Timijo(m): 8:42pm On Oct 08, 2014
alablec:

Thanks bro, I will do as u suggested.
The tp I gave u give me 75% and I also have 75% on this RDV tp 10804H3000. If u are nt getting up to dat, twick ur lnb until d signal increase.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 8:58pm On Oct 08, 2014
@emekamexz. Go for SRT 4922A.You wont regret it.

emekamexz:
Hi guys, please I want to get a strong decoder. I need your advise on which is best as I know there are different specs of strong HD decoder in the market. Awaiting your response. Cheers.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 9:06pm On Oct 08, 2014
@Rizstar.You can watch EPL and much more on IRIB.It is on ARABSAT - 5C @ 20E

Rizstar:
please gurus in the house
how do i configure MYTV or MULTI TV to watch EPL matches free. Txn
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 08, 2014
Timijo:
rdv never pop up on this tp. it's AIT, etc that pop up on it.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 9:40pm On Oct 08, 2014
Timijo:
The tp I gave u give me 75% and I also have 75% on this RDV tp 10804H3000. If u are nt getting up to dat, twick ur lnb until d signal increase.
Thanks. I will do that.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Rotimiseyi(m): 9:54pm On Oct 08, 2014
ehisdan:
Bros 3 things are involved is either d dish has shifted position or d lnb is faulty or the cable is faulty. Try re-allign ur dish or change d lnb or change d cable.
Thx bros. Is it posible dat all d cable wire get fault at once? Cos i've confirmd dat d dish did nt shift and d lnb is workin well. So i gues its d cable. Pls does it mean i hav 2 change all d cable wire? Thx in anticipation
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by emekamexz(m): 10:03pm On Oct 08, 2014
blexxonmak:
@emekamexz. Go for SRT 4922A.You wont regret it.

Thanks man. Very much Noted.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 10:09pm On Oct 08, 2014
@Rotimiseyi. In that case you got to change the entire length of cable.This sort of thing often
happens with low grade coaxial cables.Poor cables tend to degrade with time.When next you
buy do request for copper to copper coaxial cable.

Rotimiseyi:

Thx bros. Is it posible dat all d cable wire get fault at once? Cos i've confirmd dat d dish did nt shift and d lnb is workin well. So i gues its d cable. Pls does it mean i hav 2 change all d cable wire? Thx in anticipation
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Timijo(m): 10:32pm On Oct 08, 2014
alablec:

U didn't undastand my xplanation. I said track amos5 wit d tp to hit up to 75 and do blindscan for u to get other channels witin d coverage of amos5. If u did nt get d rdv, put dis 10804H30000 manually and search. But make sure dat u hav up to 75% or abv on faaji or any oda channel usin dis tp 11009V30000.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by upright2010: 12:10am On Oct 09, 2014
@Rotimiseyi , the litmus test u can do on ur dish, lnb & cable are:
1. Connect the cable to the lnb on the dish in question and connect the other end directly to ur receiver with out disecq and go to any ku band. If d signal strength gives u a reasonable %
That means the cable is OK otherwise it's bad.
Going by that i.e if the cable is tested good n ok. u can use it to track dstv to confirm the lnb. But mind u, this test on ur coxia cable doesn't guaranteed ur lnb being good. That is my token
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by upright2010: 12:15am On Oct 09, 2014
blexxonmak:
@Rotimiseyi. In that case you got to change the entire length of cable.This sort of thing often
happens with low grade coaxial cables.Poor cables tend to degrade with time.When next you
buy do request for copper to copper coaxial cable.

. Pls what's the meaning of "copper to copper coaxial cable"?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by upright2010: 12:29am On Oct 09, 2014
blexxonmak:
Eriteria TV2 = ERI TV Arabsat-5A @ 30.5° East
12606 V DVB-S 2589 3/4 (Maghreb Beam)
10832 V DVB-S 2780-5/6 (Pan Arab Beam)
180 cm dish and above can comfortably do the job
pls can I track it with MPEG 2
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Rotimiseyi(m): 1:35am On Oct 09, 2014
upright2010:

@Rotimiseyi , the litmus test u can do on ur dish, lnb & cable are:
1. Connect the cable to the lnb on the dish in question and connect the other end directly to ur receiver with out disecq and go to any ku band. If d signal strength gives u a reasonable %
That means the cable is OK otherwise it's bad.
Going by that i.e if the cable is tested good n ok. u can use it to track dstv to confirm the lnb. But mind u, this test on ur coxia cable doesn't guaranteed ur lnb being good. That is my token
Thx bro i've tried dat but d signal strenght of L is about 96% and Q is low. Though its red anyway. But could it b dat d two lnb develop fault at dsame tym? Thx in anticipation
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ebuka44: 7:11am On Oct 09, 2014
Rotimiseyi:

Thx bro i've tried dat but d signal strenght of L is about 96% and Q is low. Though its red anyway. But could it b dat d two lnb develop fault at dsame tym? Thx in anticipation
bro I'm having the same problem with you,I have already done all I could but to no avail.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by JUO(m): 7:42am On Oct 09, 2014

Thx bro i've tried dat but d signal strenght of L
is about 96% and Q is low. Though its red
anyway. But could it b dat d two lnb develop
fault at dsame tym? Thx in anticipation
this shows that your lnb and wire are ok
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 9:04am On Oct 09, 2014
@upright2010. By copper to copper coax I mean a coax that has both the center conductor and the outer conductor (braid) made of copper.

upright2010:
. Pls what's the meaning of "copper to copper coaxial cable"?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yonderguy(m): 10:48am On Oct 09, 2014
alablec:

This should work hence Ait and co are working. Push your dish up to reduce your AIT signal strength to 60% or 65%. Then try blindscanning or manually inputing the RDV Tp. That's all, you're good to go.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by upright2010: 11:52am On Oct 09, 2014
Rotimiseyi:

. That means that ur cable is OK but did u try tracking Dstv with d dish without diseqc? Try and do that to establish the condition of ur lnb . cheers
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by upright2010: 12:04pm On Oct 09, 2014
blexxonmak:
@upright2010. By copper to copper coax I mean a coax that has both the center conductor and the outer conductor (braid) made of copper.

. thanks but I don't think that solves the issue of quality
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by DimitriLavrov: 1:45pm On Oct 09, 2014
I greet all the members especially those whose contributions helped me in tracking an offset dish for the first time grin grin grin
I was able to lock Astra 2f and Amos 5 cheesy cheesy cheesy
Now the next challenge is to hit Astra 4a/Ses 5 Etv hp,Zuku,& Starsat angry angry angry angry angry angry
That's where you come in, Kindly direct me Using:
(a) Astra 2f (multitv) as reference point
(b) Amos 5 (AIT/RDV) as reference point
To lock on this sat. Am really beginning to enjoy this hobby lets do it together Tp's are welcome as well.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Timijo(m): 3:47pm On Oct 09, 2014
Pls house I have never used c band lnb before. I Went to the market to buy one today for irib tv and I discover it is bigger than the ku band lnb. This means that it cannot be fixed into the lnb holder. Pls how does one fix this?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 4:12pm On Oct 09, 2014
@Timijo.In FTA hobby we never say NEVER.You got to figure out how to attach it to your dish.
Have you thought of fabricating an LNB holder? Yes you can do that using a 1" square pipe.
Good Luck.grin grin

Timijo:
Pls house I have never used c band lnb before. I Went to the market to buy one today for irib tv and I discover it is bigger than the ku band lnb. This means that it cannot be fixed into the lnb holder. Pls how does one fix this?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Timijo(m): 4:17pm On Oct 09, 2014
blexxonmak:
@Timijo.In FTA hobby we never say NEVER.You got to figure out how to attach it to your dish.
Have you thought of fabricating an LNB holder? Yes you can do that using a 1" square pipe.
Good Luck

Pls shed more light. How have u guys been doing it?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 4:21pm On Oct 09, 2014
@Timijo. All the time.You can contract an experienced welder to help you out.

Timijo:
Pls shed more light. How have u guys been doing it?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by maidaboi(m): 4:23pm On Oct 09, 2014
any hope for women nation cup at namibia pls
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Rizstar: 6:51pm On Oct 09, 2014
blexxonmak:
@Rizstar.You can watch EPL and much more on IRIB.It is on ARABSAT - 5C @ 20E

Thanks bro
could u please share With me the step by step procedure of configurating ARABSAT-5C n all the required materials. txn
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Rotimiseyi(m): 7:29pm On Oct 09, 2014
upright2010:
. That means that ur cable is OK but did u try tracking Dstv with d dish without diseqc? Try and do that to establish the condition of ur lnb . cheers
finaly i was able 2 locate d problem. D cable conectin d multi tv dish 2 d disec is faulty cos i used a direct cable 2 my decoda and it works. Thx 2 u all 4 ur concern am gr8ful
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Graham4luv(m): 7:59pm On Oct 09, 2014
@blexxonmak and orda gurus pls help me, can one use 2.4m dish to track MBC on nilsat7west or hotbird in south south 9ja and T.p to track
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by maidaboi(m): 10:02pm On Oct 09, 2014
maidaboi:
any hope for women nation cup at namibia pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) ... (2352) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.