Stats: 3,153,546 members, 7,819,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (748) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5443786 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (745) (746) (747) (748) (749) (750) (751) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by seueh: 9:39pm On Feb 18, 2015
Talenty:
Nawa for this red light TV OK. Which kain devil be this. Am locking it right away

Pls can I track this bird with 60cm?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IT4ALL: 10:05pm On Feb 18, 2015
Help! HELP!!
Pls! .ℓ̊ need a direct picture link where a 2.4m dish with irib and multiple lnb with different sat...very urgent. Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kingsley6(m): 11:03pm On Feb 18, 2015
Irib and ses 5 @4.9°E on 1.8m

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by akplatnum2005(m): 11:07pm On Feb 18, 2015

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by akplatnum2005(m): 11:14pm On Feb 18, 2015
Make a choice. This is 1.8 while d former is 2.4

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by samsamo1: 11:34pm On Feb 18, 2015
Pls what is d frequency for those added 4 lnb and name.thanks

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by omotech: 6:47am On Feb 19, 2015
akplatnum2005:
Pls ur phone number, dis is my email: omotech07@gmail.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sunene1: 7:55am On Feb 19, 2015
Also u can finally nail mbc hd 1,2,3,4,max &action with multi tv channels all with one LNB on badr 26degree.with 90cm dish.perfect signal levels.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SweetWJ(m): 8:08am On Feb 19, 2015
akplatnum2005:
Wow.This is Nigerian wonder. D invention of a genius. What kind of diseq is used to switch all dos lnb's?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 8:15am On Feb 19, 2015
akplatnum2005:

That dish is awesome.I can see close to 7 lnbs and enough RG16 cable.
But if we do the costing of this lnb and the cables plus the disc.plus the stress to set it up.mehn! Its not a child's play.
I think we should rather go for motorise set up than fixed dish.most of us make this mistake when we purchase our first dish as time goes by we understand we are limited to a particular satellite and as a result of the curiosity and fever in this hobby we always want to explore and have more satellites.
Fixed dish should be discouraged.we should embrace motorise than fixed with over 20 lnb. All you need is jack and positional which in an actual fact the price is not up to those lnb , cable and the stress.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Willokafor(m): 8:16am On Feb 19, 2015
This 7 lmb in a single dish connection sometyms i wonder if really it was human being that did the setup u guys are genius.
Keep it up cos am happy for y'all.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SweetWJ(m): 8:19am On Feb 19, 2015
sunene1:
Also u can finally nail mbc hd 1,2,3,4,max &action with multi tv channels all with one LNB on badr 26degree.with 90cm dish.perfect signal levels.
Pls kindly help wit d tp. I wan to nail it fast wit hammer an 6inches nail. Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Willokafor(m): 8:23am On Feb 19, 2015
obnelly:

But if we do the costing of this lnb and the cables plus the disc.plus the stress to set it up.mehn! Its not a child's play.
I think we should rather go for motorise set up than fixed dish.most of us make this mistake when we purchase our first dish as time goes by we understand we are limited to a particular satellite and as a result of the curiosity and fever in this hobby we always want to explore and have more satellites.
Fixed dish should be discouraged.we should embrace motorise than fixed with over 20 lnb. All you need is jack and positional which in an actual fact the price is not up to those lnb , cable and the stress.
@obnelly that dish setup aint a joke but i see it as talent.
Exploring of one's talent is the basis of life.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Mishaelonye(m): 9:19am On Feb 19, 2015
These are the kind of things I like..."Thumbs up"..Ride on..You are just showing the wonders of the brain. From the look of things my 1.8m is Naked..i need to clothe it..#AnythingIsPossible

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 9:21am On Feb 19, 2015
I can't agree less.

obnelly:

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by akplatnum2005(m): 9:30am On Feb 19, 2015
WOW.....Would have been very happy by those brilliant comment i got from you guys if those setup were actually done by me but the fact is i got those pictures right frm this forum as a matter of curiosity. However motorising your dish can save lot more as rightly said by OBNELLY but adding more LNB to a non-motorise dish make most of us feel great. Beside nothing is impossible
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 10:09am On Feb 19, 2015
obnelly:

Fixed dish should be discouraged.we should embrace motorise than fixed with over 20 lnb.
you are right motor is the best..aside from that feed blockage is the downside of prime focus antenna! each of those lnb will cause blockage and plus lnb on wrong focal point too many signal loss compared to using one lnb on motorised system!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by flashyberry: 10:31am On Feb 19, 2015
Oblenny nd odibili u guys should jxt post full tutorials on motorizing!!! Nd hw to fix d positioner.. Nd cable... Motorizing is jxt ma problem

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by petfun4u(m): 10:51am On Feb 19, 2015
You are actually right but I found joy doing it that way. Even, I am on the verge of adding the following: Eutelsat 8 West A, Eutelsat 5 West A, Intelsat 10-02 -C-band 0.9°W and Eutelsat 10A 10.0°E (C-band). I already tracked them but I shall fix the LNB very soon. Thank God I am back to the forum.

Remain blessed

obnelly:

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sunene1: 11:00am On Feb 19, 2015
SweetWJ:
Pls kindly help wit d tp. I wan to nail it fast wit hammer an 6inches nail. Thanks
track with mbc hd tp 12265 h 27500 get up to 85percent SQ then blind scan all the multi tv channels will pop .finito.note: It is badr 26Degree .
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 11:05am On Feb 19, 2015
petfun4u:
You are actually right but I found joy doing it that way. Even, I am on the verge of adding the following: Eutelsat 8 West A, Eutelsat 5 West A, Intelsat 10-02 -C-band 0.9°W and Eutelsat 10A 10.0°E (C-band). I already tracked them but I shall fix the LNB very soon. Thank God I am back to the forum.

Remain blessed

That is fun my brother.whenever I drive down the street and I find something close to that my mind always tell me that one crazy satellite guy is living here.Also whenever and wherever I see motorise big dish I know some crazy guys like me stays around.The fun there is that you can walk in and ask are you a nairalander.if he says yes you can start discussing satellite technologies from now till Jesus go come.its fun .keep it up brother
.its part of the fun DIY.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nnachi404(m): 11:20am On Feb 19, 2015
obnelly:

That is fun my brother.whenever I drive down the street and I find something close to that my mind always tell me that one crazy satellite guy is living here.Also whenever and wherever I see motorise big dish I know some crazy guys like me stays around.The fun there is that you can walk in and ask are you a nairalander.if he says yes you can start discussing satellite technologies from now till Jesus go come.its fun .keep it up brother
.its part of the fun DIY.
free to air makes me happy even when I spent money and time it's just fun one love to the Father's of free to air here on nairaland

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 11:28am On Feb 19, 2015
flashyberry:
Oblenny nd odibili u guys should jxt post full tutorials on motorizing!!! Nd hw to fix d positioner.. Nd cable... Motorizing is jxt ma problem

We have discussed that way back but let me just give you a simple tutorial. Using the picture below if you are above the equator if you not its going to be opposite

Make sure your dish pole is plume at 90 degrees such that when you raise your dish to the sky it will see zero degree.in the picture look at where your lnb should be its 0 degree to the sky. Now locate your east west and south. You may start tracking from either east or west but in my own case from this diagram let's start from west.

Choose nss7 and start tracking once you get full signal use a marker or chalk to make a mark on your pole and the dish neck straight line please.this line is to guide you where you get your nss7.
Note the mark should appear in two locations your west and east.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 11:45am On Feb 19, 2015
Once you successfully track your west mark your west come to your east and mark as shown in the diagram2.

Now move your dish back to east and track dstv once you have done that mark your dish neck .do as you did when tracking west .
Note: do not tighten you bolt and nut while doing all this.the essence of doing that is for you to locate your east and west using satellite that is very close or receivable in your area.this is what will guide you to align all other satellites.

For you to get all satellites along the Clark belt which is the arc on the first picture you must get your southern satellite using satellite that is closer to your true south in my own case I will choose astra 4.8

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by donald303: 11:53am On Feb 19, 2015
is the mbc hd TP still active? i tracked it this morning here in ibadan with 90cm and i couldnt get it
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Truly1: 11:54am On Feb 19, 2015
Coming up this weekend on IRIB: (a) Saturday 21/02/15: Crystal Palace vs Arsenal - 4p.m. on IRIB Varzesh, Barcelona vs Malaga - 4p.m. on IRIB TV3 (b) Sunday 22/02/15: Ac Milan vs Cesena - 3p.m. on IRIB Varzesh, Southampton vs Liverpool - 5.15p.m. on IRIB Varzesh & Elche vs Real Madrid - 9p.m. on IRIB TV3. Please enjoy!!!.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 12:02pm On Feb 19, 2015
Now to get your true south satellite go back to you where you got your nss7 remember you mark it on the pole just move your dish straight to that mark if you do things correctly you should have your full signal on that point.

Now bolt the neck to the pole such that you can move it slowly.as you move towards your south track astra 4.8 decline your declination angle gradually and track until you get astra 4.8 e as in the picture below.in the picture you will see that the angle as changed from zero to 4.8e.on that satellite u should have full signal.
Then confirm if you are good on the Clark belt by gradually allow your dish to come down to nss7 which is your east .if you get full signal on both astra 4.8 and nss7 it means you are good then lock your dish neck .come to east do the same steps if you get full signal on dstv and astra 4.8e it mean the stress is over.bolt and lock everything attach your jack and positioner.
What next input any tp and move your dish

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 12:05pm On Feb 19, 2015
Sit back relax and enjoy.
Note: you have clean set up no more extra cables or lnb.

Good luck and happy motorising.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 12:07pm On Feb 19, 2015
it is possible to combine Yamal 402 55 east and Astra 2f 28.2 east on one 90cm dish.
i did this long time ago when i combine 68.5 east mytv and 28.2 on one 90cm dish

i post all this on this forum before
now we have simple holder for Yamal 402 and astra 2f on 90cm dish,this is easy for every one to do it.

Yamal 402 is a satellite we should all look out for, i was the one to talk about Amos 5 on this forum now amos 5 is best for FTA
i dont know what will happen to astra 2f but ones Multitv is going to lose more of there channels on Astra 2f and Yamal is taking east Africa,west and central Africa this bird is a must watch bird
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 12:17pm On Feb 19, 2015
IHacked:
it is possible to combine Yamal 402 55 east and Astra 2f 28.2 east on one 90cm dish.
i did this long time ago when i combine 68.5 east mytv and 28.2 on one 90cm dish

i post all this on this forum before
now we have simple holder for Yamal 402 and astra 2f on 90cm dish,this is easy for every one to do it.

Yamal 402 is a satellite we should all look out for, i was the one to talk about Amos 5 on this forum now amos 5 is best for FTA
i dont know what will happen to astra 2f but ones Multitv is going to lose more of there channels on Astra 2f and Yamal is taking east Africa,west and central Africa this bird is a must watch bird

I thought as much.this red light too will not be free as time gies on people will still have to subscribe to it.its never free on hot bird.but I think its a marketing strategy to wooo more customers.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 12:39pm On Feb 19, 2015
obnelly:

I thought as much.this red light too will not be free as time gies on people will still have to subscribe to it.its never free on hot bird.but I think its a marketing strategy to wooo more customers.

yes there is noting like free in this world

Multitv have change so there is noting like free grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 12:51pm On Feb 19, 2015
IHacked:

yes there is noting like free in this world

Multitv have change so there is noting like free grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
That will be a big relief for those hinting for red light .after the adult movie left eutelsat 7 nothing on African radial except with big dish.

(1) (2) (3) ... (745) (746) (747) (748) (749) (750) (751) ... (2351) (Reply)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61