Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (874) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5438526 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (871) (872) (873) (874) (875) (876) (877) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by loabb2(m): 5:42pm On May 18, 2015
agkilis:
7e i dont think so .ok try badr 26e dubia one will give you what you want
agkilis:
agkilis:

Please Dubai 1 frequency
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by agkilis: 6:33pm On May 18, 2015
@ GeorgeD1,whats the latest happing on astra 2@28.2e i have removed mine a longtime ago,i here rumors that new channels are now available
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Malcomkelvin: 6:40pm On May 18, 2015
please friends, anybody using starsat? I heard it free and also have good channels. I have three dish and want to change the third one, I just want to know how true is it, and the frequency and satellite name to track it and also the dish position. thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by drandonzero(m): 6:55pm On May 18, 2015
Malcomkelvin:
please friends, anybody using starsat? I heard it free and also have good channels. I have three dish and want to change the third one, I just want to know how true is it, and the frequency and satellite name to track it and also the dish position. thanks
it was temporarily fta and now it's scrambled
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 8:20pm On May 18, 2015
faithchild:
@all track nilesat with this tp 10992 v 27500 i got 97% but to my surprised non nilesat tp came up on my 3.2m.wat could be d cause.though i enjoyed d experience.i need schooling.suggetion is needed.one love.thank u mr george d.

Hello faithchild,
Sorry I'm seeing this a little late but without meaning to discount what others have already posted,
I think you're very much on track to getting those coveted packages on nilesat. The 10992v tp that
you got is usually the first step in the process of tracking nilesat and is mostly used by installers to
confirm that their dish is working ok. Now that you've gotten this tp, the next step is to bump your
dish upward 2 or 3 notches (with your jack). Forget about your dish neck not being plumb at this
stage. It is not necessary - this will only come into reckoning when you want to track the arc from
east to west. So, bump up the dish carefully two or three notches and adjust the neck as you go.
Change your decoder frequency to 11766h, 27500sr (bbcworld) and watch the signal bars as you go.
If it doesn't hit green after 4 or 5 notches, stop and come down again gradually until you get back to
the spot where you got 10992v on green and begin to go up again while adjusting the neck.Do this
until you hit green. If 11766h is proving difficult, try 11977v 27500sr (CNN). Try and lets see how it
goes. Best of luck!

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 8:30pm On May 18, 2015
agkilis:
@ GeorgeD1,whats the latest happing on astra 2@28.2e i have removed mine a longtime ago,i here rumors that new channels are now available

@agkilis,
I'm afraid nothing new besides what has already been discussed on the thread.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 8:48pm On May 18, 2015
GeorgeD1:

Hello faithchild,
Sorry I'm seeing this a little late but without meaning to discount what others have already posted,
I think you're very much on track to getting those coveted packages on nilesat. The 10992v tp that
you got is usually the first step in the process of tracking nilesat and is mostly used by installers to
confirm that their dish is working ok. Now that you've gotten this tp, the next step is to bump your
dish upward 2 or 3 notches (with your jack). Forget about your dish neck not being plumb at this
stage. It is not necessary - this will only come into reckoning when you want to track the arc from
east to west. So, bump up the dish carefully two or three notches and adjust the neck as you go.
Change your decoder frequency to 11766h, 27500sr (bbcworld) and watch the signal bars as you go.
If it doesn't hit green after 4 or 5 notches, stop and come down again gradually until you get back to
the spot where you got 10992v on green and begin to go up again while adjusting the neck.Do this
until you hit green. If 11766h is proving difficult, try 11977v 27500sr (CNN). Try and lets see how it
goes. Best of luck!
the location of faithchild is important if u are in west lagos ogun nile sat mbc no go area again on 4mt unless u will not mottorized ask obnelly
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sokopion(m): 9:08pm On May 18, 2015
ryusufu:
ok, thanks alot
But I'm on motorized 2.4m, i just need to knw hw many channels are on that yamal 402.

if you continue asking this childish questions one day you will need help and no one will care for you
this is why i don't care many times about you guys

if you have 2,4 motorized what prevent you from visit any satellite to check what is on it?

3 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pofolo(m): 9:12pm On May 18, 2015
debeo:
Guys

Even though I don't under half of the configurations u guys post here, I just need a Lil help

Am just a guy who doesn't want to dash a South African company over 10k from my meagre salary in d name of watching live EPL matches!

Any simple suggestion aS I won't renew for next month!

Thanks

Check this thread

www.nairaland.com/2254093/want-fta-installation-price

Ask your questions.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yinka4dad(m): 10:22pm On May 18, 2015
This is the 3rd time am posting this question help me guys Guys I need ur urgent help I want to track multi tv with a multi tv decoder bt my question is this can I use biss key for tv3
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mtchris(m): 10:49pm On May 18, 2015
Yinka4dad:
This is the 3rd time am posting this question help me guys
Guys I need ur urgent help I want to track multi
tv with a multi tv decoder bt my question is this
can I use biss key for tv3
Yes
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pofolo(m): 10:53pm On May 18, 2015
Yinka4dad:
This is the 3rd time am posting this question help me guys
Guys I need ur urgent help I want to track multi
tv with a multi tv decoder bt my question is this
can I use biss key for tv3

Yinka,
Most people will by pass your question because you already have your answer.
1: Tv3 channel on multi tv is ONLY viewed via biss key !,
2: will multi tv, knowing the above, sell to customers a decoder that will not be biss enabled ?.

1 n 2 shud give you your answer
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 11:25pm On May 18, 2015
GeorgeD1:

goes. Best of luck!
Will be more difficult if faithchild track nilesat with 11977v & 11766 ...with nilesat201 tp migration tracking tp on 7west have changed..for the strongest tp what works well is 12226h/12149h and 11785 while 11977 and 11766 are hard fec:5/6 transponders..
Location is also a factor from nilesat coverage map the reception is coming from the north and north-east of Africa while the north africa beam moved/ stepped backwards unlike nilesat102.if he stays somewhere close to lagos or north-west nigeria will be more difficult getting nilesat201 reception from both coverage north Africa and east Africa coverage!..that is increased dish size at north-west Nigeria!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ksliman: 11:36pm On May 18, 2015
pls gurus in the house I'm reside in norther nigeria zamfara, I bought 3m dish. pls can i receive hotbird 13, astra 19 or astra 28 signal, if yes which sat is most easiest to nab and what frequency should I used ?.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by fantastickisses: 3:58am On May 19, 2015
okoegualek:
Channel of football,only football, premier League,La liga,Seria A,all on EriteriaTV2 ] Arabsat-5A @ 30.5° East, Biss: FE D4 20 F2 28 07 10 3F

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hotobo(m): 9:26am On May 19, 2015
routsz:

Focal pt. is 915mm, measured perpedicularly from dish inner centre & towards d lnb holder.
Thanks I will check on that
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by swordswifter: 9:59am On May 19, 2015
A warm greeting to all on this forum.
My best regards to all the originators still holding the forum down and the newbies who are hungry to learn and are innovative enough to shed some light on some of the things we should be looking at in our quest for true FTA and a liberated satellite TV scene.
Thank you all.

My post is simple, i'm here to ask everyone to look beyond the technological curve and ask ourselves, What's next?
What is next in the satellite TV evolution and what will be the new age of satellite TV?

If we are able to answer this question, then and only then we would know where, when and how to invest of money in order to get the best out of it all.

What is next?
That is the question i ask you all today.
Let's discuss and see where we are all going from here.
Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Truly1: 11:18am On May 19, 2015
swordswifter:
My best regards to all the originators still holding the forum down and the newbies who are hungry to learn and are innovative enough to shed some light on some of the things we should be looking at in our quest for true FTA and a liberated satellite TV scene.
Thank you all.

My post is simple, i'm here to ask everyone to look beyond the technological curve and ask ourselves, What's next?
What is next in the satellite TV evolution and what will be the new age of satellite TV?

If we are able to answer this question, then and only then we would know where, when and how to invest of money in order to get the best out of it all.

What is next?
Thank you!

Nice question, methinks that we should be looking at the direction of IPTV for the future of satellite TV in Nigeria. Though, one major drawback is the huge data it consumes but with IPTV Decoder of an in-built VPN that compresses the data usage to between 80mb - 100mb per month, there seems to be a ray of hope at last on this IPTV issue. Lest I forget, another important constraint is strong network of 3g and above which IPTV requires to function seamlessly but this is still a mirage in Nigeria today and we should therefore be thinking on how to find a way out of this quagmire if we are to enjoy IPTV in Nigeria. Let us all wear our thinking caps and find a better way out for the future of Satellite TV in Nigeria, most espescially FTA or near FTA!

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Talenty(m): 12:48pm On May 19, 2015
Truly1:

one major drawback is the huge data it consumes but with IPTV Decoder of an in-built VPN that compresses the data usage to between 80mb - 100mb per month!
Tell one IPTV decoder that compresses data consumption as above and I will ask God to bless you

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Truly1: 2:52pm On May 19, 2015
Talenty:
Tell one IPTV decoder that compresses data consumption as above and I will ask God to bless you

The answer is DVB S2+ IPTV Decoder, though not yet popular in Nigeria. It was designed to solve the huge data consumption problem of IPTV, thank you.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 3:57pm On May 19, 2015
swordswifter:

What's next?
multi-sream broadcasts/streaming contents and hbbtv grin

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Janyves(m): 5:33pm On May 19, 2015
odilibe:
multi-sream broadcasts/streaming contents and hbbtv grin

........INTERESTING........
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Talenty(m): 6:05pm On May 19, 2015
I just ordered for an openbox combo 8 multi streaming IPTV DVB S2 receiver from China. I will inform the house how it works when I take the delivery

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by tunnath: 6:15pm On May 19, 2015
Pls house, anytime I blindscan my qsat for dstv channel. .. .. It doesn't bring all the channel for me, what can I do
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 6:47pm On May 19, 2015
tunnath:
Pls house, anytime I blindscan my qsat for dstv channel. .. .. It doesn't bring all the channel for me, what can I do
IS QSAT a dstv decoder? When you get an original dstv decoder, you'll get all the channels
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by moses4all(m): 8:08pm On May 19, 2015
Dstv have their forum and how they run it we know not,here we talk fta.Buy dstv decoder and stop the headache.Cool fta.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 9:43pm On May 19, 2015
odilibe:
Will be more difficult if faithchild track nilesat with 11977v & 11766 ...with nilesat201 tp migration tracking tp on 7west have changed..for the strongest tp what works well is 12226h/12149h and 11785 while 11977 and 11766 are hard fec:5/6 transponders..
Location is also a factor from nilesat coverage map the reception is coming from the north and north-east of Africa while the north africa beam moved/ stepped backwards unlike nilesat102.if he stays somewhere close to lagos or north-west nigeria will be more difficult getting nilesat201 reception from both coverage north Africa and east Africa coverage!..that is increased dish size at north-west Nigeria!

@odilibe,
Here in the south-south 12226h is not the strongest tp. In fact it hardly flash in some cases but again I guess it all
comes down to location as we all know. Still there is no harm in faithchild giving those BBC and CNN tps a try.
Remember, right from the inception of this thread, our trade mark has always been to go against the grain and redefine
realities on the ground.
Adewest did it back then and so did many others. Maybe we may well see faithchild pulling down nilesat signals hitherto
thought impossible in the south west. With just a little gumption we can yet again break the myth!

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nana2000: 7:50am On May 20, 2015
pls i know champion tv is a pay tv but pls what months.if is it 6month or
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sokopion(m): 8:03am On May 20, 2015
swordswifter:
Thank you all.

What is next?
Thank you!

hmm dreamfta you should know what is nest
the boy is not dead all your writing have pass by and we still counting
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sokopion(m): 8:07am On May 20, 2015
GeorgeD1:

@odilibe,
Here in the south-south 12226h is not the strongest tp. In fact it hardly flash in some cases but again I guess it all
comes down to location as we all know. Still there is no harm in faithchild giving those BBC and CNN tps a try.
Remember, right from the inception of this thread, our trade mark has always been to go against the grain and redefine
realities on the ground.
Adewest did it back then and so did many others. Maybe we may well see faithchild pulling down nilesat signals hitherto
thought impossible in the south west. With just a little gumption we can yet again break the myth!

true talk
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by chester1983: 8:54am On May 20, 2015
powerVU key Tested and working on IS906 on AFN channels.I had to insert the keys manually to open using srt4920

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Freddygaz(m): 9:39am On May 20, 2015
chester1983:
powerVU key Tested and working on IS906 on AFN channels.I had to insert the keys manually to open using srt4920

AFN channels on which sat....I tried on 1W they didn't open sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (871) (872) (873) (874) (875) (876) (877) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.