Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (979) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5437333 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (976) (977) (978) (979) (980) (981) (982) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 1:51pm On Aug 23, 2015
@ganex. 081-six.two.zero.eight.zero.seven.four.seven
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Talenty(m): 1:54pm On Aug 23, 2015
Thanks Odilibe is that Ku lnb for IS20k?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 23, 2015
Xup guys I just got back from school. Someone shud update me with tp for these channels..cnn,mbc,nta,ait, daarsat chanels. Etc thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by OGreene: 2:31pm On Aug 23, 2015
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 2:59pm On Aug 23, 2015
Watching chelsea vs westbrom live, on Rojadirecta website with just N70 on my laptop, what a fun.
Dont ask me how?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hotobo(m): 3:03pm On Aug 23, 2015
R2bees:
Xup guys I just got back from school. Someone shud update me with tp for these channels..cnn,mbc,nta,ait, daarsat chanels. Etc thanks
truly it shows you just came back from school.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ganex: 3:04pm On Aug 23, 2015
blexxonmak:
@ganex. 081-six.two.zero.eight.zero.seven.four.seven
thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hotobo(m): 3:04pm On Aug 23, 2015
graphicicon:
Watching chelsea vs westbrom live, on Rojadirecta website with just N70 on my laptop, what a fun.
Dont ask me how?
we don't need. IT
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hotobo(m): 3:08pm On Aug 23, 2015
graphicicon:
Dont ask me how?
we don't need. IT when you where thought how to use that N70 mtn to get huge GB by emme.... Here many of us saw the post and ignore it because it unless to many of us. So stop feeling as if you have something important
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by spartacus11(m): 3:14pm On Aug 23, 2015
graphicicon:
Dont ask me how?
please I will like to know the browser you are using to stream the live match and which browser do u think is best,

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Talibanis: 5:25pm On Aug 23, 2015
spartacus11:
please I will like to know the browser you are using to stream the live match and which browser do u think is best,

U can use any browser. Just make sure ur Java is up to date and u have Flash player installed.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chinedu7: 9:14pm On Aug 23, 2015
Finally tracked Apstar 7@76.5E, it is a joy to watch if you like movies. Got few movie channels on Thaicom 5 as well, opened them with Biss Keys, which was surprisingly easy to get. I also attempted Sony Six and Kix package at intelsat 17 @66e but wasn't getting steady signal, it goes green, red, green, red, Couldn’t display well but other channels were fine though nothing to enjoy there. I have no problems with Sony @ Intelsat.20 68.5E so I stopped there, with Thaicom 5, Apstar 7, intelsat 17 & 20 I am more than satisfied.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Eldorado382: 9:18pm On Aug 23, 2015
@Life707 i beg u not to laugh pls r u in heaven or on earth b/c i tried ERI TV2 wit 3.5metre dish(pan) @ obollo-afor,2.4 (fibre) @ Nsukka but non worked & after manipulations wit tp‘s 1 was fluntuating btw 0-45-60 but refused to be steady i‘m using xcruiser tracker - which way forward?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kareem257: 9:50pm On Aug 23, 2015
Chinedu7:
Finally tracked Apstar 7@76.5E, it is a joy to watch if you like movies. Got few movie channels on Thaicom 5 as well, opened them with Biss Keys, which was surprisingly easy to get. I also attempted Sony Six and Kix package at intelsat 17 @66e but wasn't getting steady signal, it goes green, red, green, red, Couldn’t display well but other channels were fine though nothing to enjoy there. I have no problems with Sony @ Intelsat.20 68.5E so I stopped there, with Thaicom 5, Apstar 7, intelsat 17 & 20 I am more than satisfied.
Is this on 1.8m? If yes, can you kindly post photos of your set-up

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Mykbic: 9:51pm On Aug 23, 2015
Chinedu7:
good job dude! were u able to nail pptv and bbtv channel7 on thaicom
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chinedu7: 9:58pm On Aug 23, 2015
kareem257:
Is this on 1.8m? If yes, can you kindly post photos of your set-up
2.4 Net
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chinedu7: 10:01pm On Aug 23, 2015
Mykbic:
No, my dish couldn't move down further, I believe if I had more room, I would've gotten more on Thaicom 5. I got about 100 working and stable stations there. Some tps couldn't come up.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by akpatagoddy(m): 10:10pm On Aug 23, 2015
Can I get it in Lagos with 2.4m?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chinedu7: 10:17pm On Aug 23, 2015
Mykbic:
Just noticed I got DDTV from the 3 you mentioned but there is nothing interesting about the station. Personally, I don't think Thaicom worth much.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Asenjeff: 11:32pm On Aug 23, 2015
Chinedu7:

Just noticed I got DDTV from the 3 you mentioned but there is nothing interesting about the station. Personally, I don't think Thaicom worth much.
which frequencies did u use 2 track both sats? I mean d tracking freq.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Cheny(m): 11:45pm On Aug 23, 2015
Chinedu7:

Good work,and comparing those 4 sats, IS 20 and Apstar 7 have far more exciting packages than IS 17 & thaicom5.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Cheny(m): 1:12am On Aug 24, 2015
Eldorado382:
@Life707 i beg u not to laugh pls r u in heaven or on earth b/c i tried ERI TV2 wit 3.5metre dish(pan) @ obollo-afor,2.4 (fibre) @ Nsukka but non worked & after manipulations wit tp‘s 1 was fluntuating btw 0-45-60 but refused to be steady i‘m using xcruiser tracker - which way forward?
U can get arabsat 5a with ur 3.5m,firstly track with Maghreb beam tp of 12566 h 2960 with 75-80% and input ur target tp (pan-arab beam)or run a blindscan. Ur lnb should be skewed at 2 o'clock or 8 o'clock.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Truly1: 7:37am On Aug 24, 2015
Hello Guru in the house, kindly guide me on how to track Apstar 7 & Thaicom. Attached is the picture of my current set up. The centre is Fuji Star Gold for Ku band, the upper Strong C Band is for other normal C Band channels while the lower is for IS 20@68.5e. Do I need to attach another C Band LNB to get Apstar and how? I would appreciate your prompt response.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Talenty(m): 8:05am On Aug 24, 2015
@Truly1, what satellite is the upper Cband and the Ku band lnb connected to
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Eldorado382: 9:37am On Aug 24, 2015
@cheny & life707 tanx 4 ur quick response i ‘ll soon share my result here
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Truly1: 12:12pm On Aug 24, 2015
Talenty:
@Truly1, what satellite is the upper Cband and the Ku band lnb connected to
The upper C Band is for all normal channels like EATV, Citizen, TVChad, Channels, VOA, NTA, former IRIB (Arabsat 20e) etc. and you know the dish is motorised. The Ku is for Xtian Channels, Glow TV, DSTV, Multi TV, Amos 5, Muvi TV, Ses 5, Nilesat 101 (but it doesn't get MBCs), Canalsat etc. Pls let me know if I can get more as s die hard FTA guy, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 3:27pm On Aug 24, 2015
@Truly1

In other words your set up is motorized,if I'm right??

Truly1:

The upper C Band is for all normal channels like EATV, Citizen, TVChad, Channels, VOA, NTA, former IRIB (Arabsat 20e) etc. and you know the dish is motorised. The Ku is for Xtian Channels, Glow TV, DSTV, Multi TV, Amos 5, Muvi TV, Ses 5, Nilesat 101 (but it doesn't get MBCs), Canalsat etc. Pls let me know if I can get more as s die hard FTA guy, thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olason(m): 4:30pm On Aug 24, 2015
Hello house, i did carry out a surgery work on my dish this past weekend with one of the best and very amiable, gentle gurus around Umassor, by name. i wasn't satisfied with my signal on hotbird especially with fox sport at 56%. So on that wet saturday ..just imagine Umassor his brother and i set out to work, it was very lively, fun watching him at work. We tried about 12 different LnBs jus to see the best of them, this are high end LnBs, just to mention a few, we had inverto utra, fuji star gold, digisat, old fuji, etc. we tried them one after the other. it was so much fun seeing what signal percentage each one of the LNBs gave us. After series of tape measurement, adjusting here and there, bolts, angle inclination, and so on and despite the drizzling rain we where able to add wait...8% gain on foxsport, from 56 to 64 on a 3meter dish. even on my hispasat that i was formally getting 56-57 jump to 64% too. On hotbird initially i had about 950 channels suddenly jumped to 1,049 channels, also i was getting about 84 channels on Hispasat suddenly jumped to 139 channels, even Nilesat dat i was having 134 stations suddenly became 254, i said wao!! this cant be true, this a good testimony to the fact that you can always achieve more when u put your best into somting you love and that 3 heads is better than one. which LNB did the job? its d oneway star gold LNB.. the old type ooo. most of the new ones are fake. My humble Appreciation goes to my brother, my friend UMASSOR Wilson the only guy i know that has tracked PTVSPORT in lagos with 4meter, who despite the rain came all the way to my base , to you brother too, to my sweet wife who provided entertainment for us i say thank you and God bless.

7 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Avedon: 4:42pm On Aug 24, 2015
olason:
Hello house, i did carry out a surgery work on my dish this past weekend with one of the best and very amiable, gentle gurus around Umassor, by name. i wasn't satisfied with my signal on hotbird especially with fox sport at 56%. So on that wet saturday ..just imagine Umassor his brother and i set out to work, it was very lively, fun watching him at work. We tried about 12 different LnBs jus to see the best of them, this are high end LnBs, just to mention a few, we had inverto utra, fuji star gold, digisat, old fuji, etc. we tried them one after the other. it was so much fun seeing what signal percentage each one of the LNBs gave us. After series of tape measurement, adjusting here and there, bolts, angle inclination, and so on and despite the drizzling rain we where able to add wait...8% gain on foxsport, from 56 to 64 on a 3meter dish. even on my hispasat that i was formally getting 56-57 jump to 64% too. On hotbird initially i had about 950 channels suddenly jumped to 1,049 channels, also i was getting about 84 channels on Hispasat suddenly jumped to 139 channels, even Nilesat dat i was having 134 stations suddenly became 254, i said wao!! this cant be true, this a good testimony to the fact that you can always achieve more when u put your best into somting you love and that 3 heads is better than one. which LNB did the job? its d oneway star gold LNB.. the old type ooo. most of the new ones are fake. My humble Appreciation goes to my brother, my friend UMASSOR Wilson the only guy i know that has tracked PTVSPORT in lagos with 4meter, who despite the rain came all the way to my base , to you brother too, to my sweet wife who provided entertainment for us i say thank you and God bless.

The signal and number of channels is quite fascinating can you tell us the quality channels you got?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olason(m): 4:59pm On Aug 24, 2015
Avedon:

The signal and number of channels is quite fascinating can you tell us the quality channels you got?
On hotbird alone you have close to 300 free to air channels, showing news, sport, entertainment, etc,the rest channels most open using account, while some with biss. am sorry i can't start listing them, you can check flysat for more details

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Truly1: 5:08pm On Aug 24, 2015
blexxonmak:
@Truly1

In other words your set up is motorized,if I'm right??

Yes my brother.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (976) (977) (978) (979) (980) (981) (982) ... (2351) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.