Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help (21230 Views)

Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? / Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? / Can I Complete A 10 Bedroom Self Contained(student Hostel) With 7.5 Million? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by sirsugar(m): 4:29pm On May 15, 2022
Funny grin op already know what he prefer to do, never joke with ur own life, siblings ain't smiling when its comes to property esp male siblings,they will tell you to carry ur finishing ontop and leave it as it is
Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by majesticguy: 4:30pm On May 15, 2022
Op, I'd suggest you build your mom a house first, wipe the shame off her face. Don't let who owns what dissuade you from making your mom happy. She sacrificed a lot to see that you are were you are today, so, be willing to sacrifice for her too.

A simple house or basic house should suffice, a room and parlor selfcon apartment should be perfect. After that you can go on and erect your own mansion.

1 Like

Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by Johel(m): 4:32pm On May 15, 2022
Barrister026:
Hello all,

This is difficult situation for me, my mom's house has been left uncompleted since 2014 just the foundation and probably 2couch were placed ontop since then it's been there because she had to send my siblings and I to higher institution. Now am of age, doing quite well for myself. I think am finally ready to build a house, was thinking about getting a land 100 by 50 and raise 5 bedroom flats... but on the other hand that my mom's building had been left uncompleted since it's a family land, relatives are starting to say somethings and sometimes I could see the shame on my mom's face when she goes to her family compound. Almost every months they always call her to come clear it that it has become harbor for snakes and pests. So I thought why don't I just complete it for her first.

The issue here Is immediately I told my fiancee she said it's a good idea but kicked against it. That I should build mine first, before completing my mom's. That it can wait.

I also confided in a friend of mine, he said almost same thing, that my thing is different from our own. Saying am not the only one my mom gave birth to, if I complete it now I should be ready to share it with my siblings no matter what when the time comes.

I'm confused and need advice on the step to take. I would really want to complete that house for my mom I Know it would mean a lot to her..I'm really confused.

One way or the other somebody has to develop it, if I the first son don't do it now that am financially stable. Then my younger bro will do it, trust me it won't make sense that way that's just my fear.

Your mother's house is still your house....finish your mother's house first and give her that grand happiness before she leaves,they won't be here forever,her blessings will open doors for you for bigger houses to come...
Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by Wholegeria: 4:34pm On May 15, 2022
You must be an unrepentant simp to discard Kriss's suggestion on the basis of maturity. From your responses, it's obvious you're only afraid of your "so called" fiance (possibly a community hole) as you have already determined to build your mum's house first. What then are you looking for here? Mtcheeeww!
Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by maureensylvia(f): 4:34pm On May 15, 2022
Barrister026:
we are 3 and yes am the eldest.

Build yours first
Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by mcdon1986: 4:35pm On May 15, 2022
I have a question. Is your Mum Currently living there or a place she visits periodically?

You can do some Minor or basic work to at least make the place liveable, while you build yours concurrently.

Though I don't know your financial status, but if you can do basic work on the building and it still allows you to build yours.

Basic work like plastering, fencing, interior decor, changing doors, upgrade the rest rooms etc.
Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by Wholegeria: 4:36pm On May 15, 2022
Don't mind the f**L

Kriss216:

You asked your girlfriend advice for something relating your mum

A girl you met recently will tell you what to do regarding your mum?

A girl you're sharing with different guys told you to discard your mum's happiness? What sort of men are we breeding these days?
Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by grandstar(m): 4:37pm On May 15, 2022
Barrister026
Let this verse guide you (Proverbs 27:12)

Is she going to will you her house? Once her house is finished, what if you fell on hard times afterwards, do you have a safe landing.

Nothing is assured in this life. Look at Abrahamovic. His club Chelsea was paying Mike Obi 80,000 pounds a week. Yet today, he can not afford to pay his personal staff whose wages amount to $75,000 weekly. He has to survive on $2,500 as ordered by the British government.

If he was told that he could ever be in this suitation, he would never believe. If one had placed a bet that he would end up like this, that ticket go cut.
Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by Beremx(f): 4:39pm On May 15, 2022
Zonefree:

Ebere, you have a spiritual problem... The earlier you seek help, the better for you.

So, advising my fellow man not to take family advice from a girlfriend is what you call rubbish?
my name is not Ebere. You have no right to advise anyone. You need the advice yourself
Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by Zonefree(m): 4:43pm On May 15, 2022
Beremx:
my name is not Ebere. You have no right to advise anyone. You need the advice yourself
Say, I advised him to build his own house first, you'll be the first to call me misogynist and woman hater.

I advised him to build his mum's first and not to listen to his girlfriend, you're still dragging me. Are you ladies here not mentally unstable?
Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by vivavik(f): 4:50pm On May 15, 2022
Barrister026:
Hello all,

This is difficult situation for me, my mom's house has been left uncompleted since 2014 just the foundation and probably 2couch were placed ontop since then it's been there because she had to send my siblings and I to higher institution. Now am of age, doing quite well for myself. I think am finally ready to build a house, was thinking about getting a land 100 by 50 and raise 5 bedroom flats... but on the other hand that my mom's building had been left uncompleted since it's a family land, relatives are starting to say somethings and sometimes I could see the shame on my mom's face when she goes to her family compound. Almost every months they always call her to come clear it that it has become harbor for snakes and pests. So I thought why don't I just complete it for her first.

The issue here Is immediately I told my fiancee she said it's a good idea but kicked against it. That I should build mine first, before completing my mom's. That it can wait.

I also confided in a friend of mine, he said almost same thing, that my thing is different from our own. Saying am not the only one my mom gave birth to, if I complete it now I should be ready to share it with my siblings no matter what when the time comes.

I'm confused and need advice on the step to take. I would really want to complete that house for my mom I Know it would mean a lot to her..I'm really confused.

One way or the other somebody has to develop it, if I the first son don't do it now that am financially stable. Then my younger bro will do it, trust me it won't make sense that way that's just my fear.

Complete you mother's house, put a magnetic smile on her face and watch how she blesses you and it turns your wealth round.
Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by LandMann: 4:50pm On May 15, 2022
Ninisun:

Na wa to you! Is the man not also going to live there after building his first? If they quit the relationship tomorrow, won't it be still his house

Would you be happy with your son and his fiancee if your son's fiancee gave your son that advice and he followed it?

Please don't respond if you are still hoeing around, if you are a konk feminist and if you have no value or regard for family or mother/father/child bond and never enjoyed such bond while growing up
Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by Aaay: 5:00pm On May 15, 2022
Think for yourself
Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by Candycrushy(f): 5:02pm On May 15, 2022
Come and complete mine first
Thank you
Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by tasiuzubairu: 5:03pm On May 15, 2022
Kriss216:

A girl you're sharing with different guys told you to discard your mum's happiness? What sort of men are we breeding these days?
Very unfortunate boss the way this gender thinks this days... Ur fiancee is better than mother? My guy go and build ur mother a house... The blessings that comes with it is uncountable... Ur Life will be so bless and all blessings will come ur way... mark my words!!! Before you knew it .. U will build urs in no time. Trust this!!! Ur fiancee is selfish and greed!!! Mother's come first...
Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by Shakur86(m): 5:05pm On May 15, 2022
Op, with the look of things and the way you're replying to comments here, you've concluded to build you mother's house, why did you come here to ask retohric question, There's nothing bad in building house for your mother, if that's what your mind tells you, Go ahead
Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by kaboninc(m): 5:06pm On May 15, 2022
Barrister026:
Hello all,

Please complete your mom's house. In fact it's more shameful if you build yours while leaving your mom's unattended to. Please complete your mom's house siblings or not, fiance or not. It will always be your home and a reminder of the sacrifices your mom made to put you all through school.

1 Like

Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by Elsueno: 5:07pm On May 15, 2022
Barrister026:
If am completely my mom's house I be restarting it from the scratch, the only advantage is the land that's already available.

she stopped the house, use everything instead to send u to school, now u have made it & even d simple courtesy of completing d house is rocket science to u.

Personally, if dat house is important to her, I would complete it for her b4 mine....To me, my parents happiness & blessings is supreme... Bros, having ur parents alive & d privileged to help them after u have made is something very precious, only few have such opportunities... Besides, even after she has passed, na still ur siblings go dey enjoy d house...it's still something to be proud up.

My advice, make ur mummy happy, & u would not only build ur own her house after, but countless mansions..... PLEASE TAKE CARE OF UR MOM

2 Likes

Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by Femi8586(m): 5:09pm On May 15, 2022
Barrister026:

Are you tired? I'm giving it to you back wotowoto. Keep it coming, small boy.

When grownups who have gone far in life are talking you are supposed to sit your assz down and learn not to run just to comment with your normal Simp line. looking for who to tag..it's staled already.

This is a mature conversations for the elderly, na run along and go play with your phone.

Calm down oga.

If she's a good person, you can ask for her advice. Nothing bad

But that Kriss216 is not entirely wrong. Most girls would give you advice based on what she stands to gain from it on the long run, not really because of you. Their interests comes first in anything.

Your house is her house, your mum's house is not her house. Hope you get that?

Just do whatever you feel is right for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by LeanonGOD(m): 5:17pm On May 15, 2022
Well Spoken. May God Bless you.
I WILL build for the woman who put her happiness aside to focus on the future of her children.
I will build it, and present the total cost to my sibling. Each one has to make contribution when they have a job.
Kriss216:

Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by Nobody: 5:17pm On May 15, 2022
LandMann:

Would you be happy with your son and his fiancee if your son's fiancee gave your son that advice and he followed it?

Please don't respond if you are still hoeing around, if you are a konk feminist and if you have no value or regard for family or mother/father/child bond and never enjoyed such bond while growing up

Na so I give my husband and everyone is happy Sir. Op never said he won't do that after building his, that's a family house and so he should make himself the first priority.
Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 15, 2022
LandMann:

All these 'hoeing' and oloshoism ladies dey do, who dey patronise them please? No be the same u.seless men? Please how many you don dig this year? Hypocrite
Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by LeanonGOD(m): 5:20pm On May 15, 2022
More Wisdom and Grace in Jesus Precious Name.
Elsueno:

she stopped the house, use everything instead to send u to school, now u have made it & even d simple courtesy of completing d house is rocket science to u.

Personally, if dat house is important to her, I would complete it for her b4 mine....To me, my parents happiness & blessings is supreme... Bros, having ur parents alive & d privileged to help them after u have made is something very precious, only few have such opportunities... Besides, even after she has passed, na still ur siblings go dey enjoy d house...it's still something to be proud up.

My advice, make ur mummy happy, & u would not only build ur own her house after, but countless mansions..... PLEASE TAKE CARE OF UR MOM

1 Like

Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by diamond29(f): 5:21pm On May 15, 2022
Barrister026:

Time won't tell my friend, if you come from a family who disregard mother side.
We are not like that, if I tell you I still have access to my grandmother's compound you won't believe or my great grand father mother's compound.
It's what oyibo calls extended family

It looks to me like you have already decided on what to do within you but you just want people to still talk. It doesn't look like you are ready to take any of the advice cos the more advice they give the more you find all means to twist their submissions and give reasons why it won't be so. I'll advice you do whatever your mind tells you to do.
Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by SeniorGee(m): 5:26pm On May 15, 2022
With all the sacrifices my mum has made for me, I will definitely build hers first. Remove shame from her. I'll also advise you put your mum and fiance on parallel paths with you in the middle.
Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 5:31pm On May 15, 2022
Ninisun:

Why do you guys always find a way to degrade women like this? You don't even know how far they've gone in the relationship for him to seek her opinion.

Op build yours and then continue with her's abeg. Many have been doing it and their family is still peaceful. You want to keep paying for house rent? Your mum can always come to where you live till you complete the family house.

Remember situations sabi change, the money might stop coming, you can use your savings you would've paid the landlord to build hers.

Your comment just dey funny me like kilode.
Do you think if he build his, and probably get married to this his almighty "fiancee" that the said fiancee will allow his mum live with them?

A girl that advised you against raising a house that was sacrificed for your education?
Respect to Kriss216, this "fiancee" should never existed beyond the day he dished out that advice.
Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by YoungDaNaval(m): 5:33pm On May 15, 2022
Kriss216:

I tire oh
Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by medinho: 5:38pm On May 15, 2022
Barrister026:
Hello all,

As much you're able to do it. Take care of your mum while she's still alive with you.
Complete her house. Then take time and build your own.

You still have years on your side by God's grace
Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by dierich: 5:41pm On May 15, 2022
Barrister026:

One way or the other somebody has to develop it, if I the first son don't do it now that am financially stable. Then my younger bro will do it, trust me it won't make sense that way.
As for my mom she's aged already.

You've already decide on what to do, so carry on. No amount of advice will make u change Ur mind.
Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by OlawaleBammie: 5:50pm On May 15, 2022
Smile4mee01:
Long before I built my mum a house on her land. I had finished 1 rental property and bought a few other piece of land.

It was when the land was about to be taken that I finished it. Funny enough i live there for 1 yr before i left Nigeria.

Listen to me.

I beleive every man should Put himself first.

Your mum has options. She currently lives somewhere, she has siblings. She has other children. The govt, church and community pity women. Life can be cruel on men, you did not mention your father . I.suppose he may not be alive just like mine.

Don't be emotionally blackmailed oo. I know its.hard because of the connection we have with our mums.

Worse case scenario. Build yours and give her a free flat in it. While you work on setting up your life for better.

e no go better for ur enemy
Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by Nobody: 5:54pm On May 15, 2022
NwaEzefuNaMba:

Your comment just dey funny me like kilode.
Do you think if he build his, and probably get married to this his almighty "fiancee" that the said fiancee will allow his mum live with them?

A girl that advised you against raising a house that was sacrificed for your education?
Respect to Kriss216, this "fiancee" should never existed beyond the day he dished out that advice.

He will build it 100%! A family house in his village? Why won't he, abi the money is from the wife's pocket? Do you know how your parents built theirs? Do you know who contributed more to it? There are 90% women doing well and so stop it.
Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by laborious(m): 6:08pm On May 15, 2022
Dude build your house, it wont end well if you build hers first ..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Which Areas or Estates On The Island Are Least Prone To Flooding? / What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? / What Is The Duration Of Annual Rent?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.