Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,225 members, 7,836,081 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership - Foreign Affairs (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership (29259 Views)

Sweden Officially Joins NATO, Ending Decades Of Neutrality / Turkey Agrees To Support Finland And Sweden's NATO Membership / Zelensky Says Ukraine Is Ready To Discuss Neutrality - Russian Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by omis1(m): 9:54pm On May 16, 2022
AldrichAmes:

Lol, another uneducated village square fallacy. cheesy

USSR went into Afghanistan to install a puppet government and the puppet government it installed outlived USSR by years even after it left. And USSR didn’t collapse due Afghanistan - it collapsed due to other internal issues and power struggles.

The US and NATO went into Afghanistan to do the same thing. Spent 20yrs and $3trillion, yet ran away with its tail between its legs and the puppet they installed was overthrown within 24hrs, lol. Now, that’s what utter failure and humiliation looks like, lol. At least they gifted Taliban almost $100billion worth of modern American weapons, lol.

I’m done here. I only engaged you because I was on cross country train and I was bored. I already lost enough IQ - time to take a quick.
The ussr were disgraced and chased out and it lead to d ussr,the usa achieved there aim ,chased taliban out and stayed for 20years but left wen it seems Afghanistans still prefer taliban rule. The ussr lost more soilders in those few years than usa lost in 20years in Afghanistan.
You can’t run along and keep telling ur Russia propaganda lies to ur fellow pro pootin retards but it won’t change d fact that no one fears d midget or kremlin again,
D stupid guy should have not shown his hand while his main enemies like usa are observing,but I don’t expect sense from a midget dictator

1 Like

Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by compton11(m): 10:02pm On May 16, 2022
texazzpete:

And this is how you know Putin fanboys have zero knowledge of foreign affairs.

Britain don sign deal with Finland as security guarantee. It is even doubtful that the Finns need it since their army is well trained, very well armed and they have a staggering amount of artillery.

Russia is barely hanging on in Ukraine. You think they can try to open a second front against Sweden and Finland? �
why can't u stop blabbing and see what we happen next?
Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by Demolakay: 10:37pm On May 16, 2022
Advision:

The ignorance on display here is yours.

Russia's economy is smaller than Italy's (despite russia being 57 times bigger than Italy in land mass).

The Russian economy is 1/8 the size of china's.

Russia is largely has an extractive industry with very limited capacity to produce consumer goods. If China doesnt show mercy on russia, the country will flounder. The west has also started phases out Russian oil and gas from their value chain...this is by far Russias moat significant export and they need a big uptaker to replace the west.

China is Russia's lifeline to survive western sanctions which is why the G7 recently warned China to not undermine russia's sanction (https://www.google.com/amp/s/tass.com/world/1451391/amp). I quoted Tass because some russian bots on NL will quote it as propaganda...but this is russian gov official news outlet.

In any relationship between china ans russia, russia will have to bow to china and trust the chinese to take advantage of it

Russia's economy is d 11th biggest in d world.India is d 5th.Are India citizens living more comfortable Dan Russia's? China has d second biggest economy,is d poverty index in china lower Dan day of Russia's.Nigeria has d biggest economy in Africa,are d citizens living a beta like as dose of south Africa, Egypt, Morocco ND co? Biggest economy sums up d inflow ND outflow of economic activities in a country.pls ponder on dat.And here we are talking Abt military warfare,u swerve to economy.As big as China economy is,is it military as strong as dat of Russia? Italy economy is bigger Dan Russia,is Italy military as big ND stronger as dat of Russia? if u av frnds in America,or ur a bit used to American society,ask any Americans, who's deir biggest threat militarily,dey ll tell u it's Russia.Americans only c a threat frm china wen it comes to d economic aspect.And pls Russia's isn't looking up to china for anything,Oda Dan to help it evade sanctions,aside dat tell me wat bragging right china has ova Russia.China even has bragging right ova d USA more,do u knw hw much d USA is oweing china? Soo wat are u saying. China is nt interested in warfare nw,because it's lifetime ambition is to ova take d USA as d biggest economy in d world.afta it has achieve dat objective,Oda tins can come into play.D mistake Russia did ND will try ND correct nw,is trying to neglect it's manufacturing industries,ND concentrate more on military warfare,in Oda to scare d USA away.wit d current happenings,ND how easy it was for d west to sanction russia economically,it will nw b forced to look inward,ND nationalize more.Russia is already making inwards into Africa militarily.we saw how dey are stabilizing Mali, central African republic, Niger republic, Libya ND co,ND even building military bases in dose countries.If it plays it politics ND diplomacy well,it will b a can't do without,same way d west can't do without china now.D same china dey all relegated ND sanctioned years back.
Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by Basher8583: 10:40pm On May 16, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Did you bother to read what you typed before clicking Submit?

Its either of three things
1. You can't read
2. You are finding the possibilities difficult to comprehend
3. Logical reasoning eludes you

Either one na your own problem not mine. I don talk my own.

The only way I can help you is to ask you to go to school and learn hard.

Besides this is not a terrain for women. Please go to the kitchen and stop attaching to real mens gist
Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by Demolakay: 10:51pm On May 16, 2022
AldrichAmes:

Bro, the US spent over $3trillion in Aghanistan not $20billion and still took a big L.

Russia’s military budget is $65billion. But the US and NATO countries have spent almost $10billion on Ukraine in 3months, with almost $70billion budgeted and they’re gonna take another L in Ukraine, lol.

The US and Ls are like Siamese Twins, lol.
Tanks for d correction bros.i appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by Demolakay: 10:54pm On May 16, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

The US won’t enter the war on behalf of a non-NATO country. Putin threatened the US against helping Ukraine but still hasn’t made good on his threat. What’s new?

And I ask u,all d war d USA had been involved in, including d one's dat does not concerns Dem,is it on behalf of NATO countries? so why is dis one different?
Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by Demolakay: 10:58pm On May 16, 2022
Etinosa12345:

Isn't Ukraine withstanding the military might of Russia grin

Russia was just one of the many states in soviet union abeg
Yes nw,dey are withstanding it.Dats why half of deir landmass is being taken away,d oda's are being obliterated.abi. wen dey fight ND reclaim dose territories,I will bliv dey are withstanding d military might of Russia.For now am sorry,dey don't,all we hear are just hype.
Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by Teazerr4: 10:59pm On May 16, 2022
Reality na bastard

Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by Teazerr4: 11:05pm On May 16, 2022
Mother Russia is too imperative to be isolated. You fit argue with your ancestors and seun

Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by NigerianSage: 12:01am On May 17, 2022
AldrichAmes:

Well, that’s your village square uneducated understanding of what it’s going on.

If US and NATO think Russia can’t bite - they would’ve at least joined the war directly rather than keep sending billions of dollars in weapons. The US is always trigger happy to invade powerless countries and show its faux military might - why’s it hesitant this time and relying on propaganda war? Those at pentagon know better, lol.

I can list all US failures in Iraq and Afghanistan here and they’re more horrible than whatever Russia’s perceived failures in Ukraine are. And Russia is fighting a much more powerful country with endless access to billions of dollars worth of western weapons and the Russians are outnumbered by 3:1. American troops wouldn’t survive a month fighting the way Russian ground forces are fighting, trust me.

Russia isn’t even using its elite units in Ukraine apart from a BTG of VDV and SSO. The legendary 200 VDV paratroopers that captured Gostomel airport in Kiev and held it against 3 brigades of Ukrainian forces and hundreds of NATO special forces until other Russian troops arrived. And they never lost that airport and they all left voluntarily for Donbass. No unit in US military can pull that off and a lot of US vets on Twitter are still in awe of those guys.

Fear the Russian bear like Pentagon/NATO does, lol. Even without nuclear weapons (Russia can destroy all NATO countries in 30mins like the head of Russian space agency said) - NATO ground forces aren’t a match for Russian ground forces. The only advantage NATO has is with airforce. BTW, Russia captured 3 British SAS members two weeks ago around Dnipro and SAS are more elite than any special forces group in US military.

Leave the bear alone, lol.

NATO and the USA fear Russia, same Russia that small Ukraine is not scared of, the same Russia that small Ukrain is punching and slapping around like mumu.

Ukraine doesn't have a Navy, but they sank Russian ships with ease with their own locally made Neptin missiles like a superpower, they wasted 12 Putin generals like a superpower, they wasted40 colonels like a superpower, they destroyed countless Russian military hardware like a superpower, they blasted Putin back to his borders like a superpower...

.but it is NATO with the most modern military with the best military capacity in the history of man that is caring of weak Russia that is still struggling with a small country that doesn't even have one active fighter jet ii the air, no navy or any serious military hardware apart from MANPADS and drones..

Leave NATO alone, maybe we'll take you seriously when Putin is successful on the battlefield with small Ukrain that he can not even defeat.

Dude, your posts are so off base, so ridiculous and void of reality, I think you are just joking around and should never be taken seriously.
Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by Teazerr4: 12:02am On May 17, 2022
Top savage

If dem ask you, wetin Putin don achieve so far, abeg send em this

Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by Billygee2u: 12:21am On May 17, 2022
Yemmysworld91:
Mr Putin is being held by his balls now.
I think Ukraine was a pawn by NATO and he fell for it.
I just dey here dey observe.
FTC at Last

Justice4Deborah

1 Like

Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by Billygee2u: 12:23am On May 17, 2022
CaseSensitive:
Now Sweden and Finland have finally realised the strategic importance of being a NATO member. Russia can only threaten but they can’t do anything and Putin knows it. Moscow can’t continue to build up its military forces in the Arctic region and expect Finland and Sweden not to see it as a security threat.

Ukraine invasion obviously fast tracked that strategic decision because if Russia walk all over Ukraine, split NATO and possibly US-EU partnership, then very soon they will be knocking on the doors of Sweden and Finland with guns and missiles. Putin thought he could threaten and bully and the world will cower but what is playing out is exactly the opposite of his forecast. He successfully recruited two more members to NATO with very advanced military might; both maritime and air forces especially. Now who's losing?

1 Like

Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by railone(m): 3:42am On May 17, 2022
noisy45:

Whats that thing in space that guides a nuclear missile to hit its target. When you are ready i will school you.

See who wants to school me... Go learn first kid.
Do you think hacking a military grade satellite is something you can do in 30 mins?

lol... your ignorance is funny.

Imagine countries spending billions of dollars to build Anti Ballistic Missiles defense systems when the answer is just to hack satellite to it them down... hmmm, how did they miss that simple solution??
Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by drnoel: 4:47am On May 17, 2022
HonNL:
Sweden has decided to follow neighboring Finland and apply for NATO membership, ending more than 200 years of military nonalignment because of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, officials said Monday.

SOURCE

If you can't beat them, join them. The remaining thing is for Russia to join NATO
Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by Weezy463: 5:32am On May 17, 2022
christejames:
Putin just laughing at them grin grin grin...

Get ready to be frozen!
hahahaha

1 Like

Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by Weezy463: 5:36am On May 17, 2022
Faber:
grin

Faber Vs Vladimir Putin few mins ago

Me: " hello sir e get 2 countries, dem wan join NATO, I wan make u invade dem...one Mr. Simon Ekpa dey make mouth say he go join hand fight u if u invade im japa country Finland"

Putin : " Aje wich countries be that, dem dey ment? dem wan collect? dey no born dem well"

Me : " Oga invader na Finland and im broda Sweden o, dey wan try u, to see as I rugged reach"

Putin : " Aje I bin think say na Chad and Niger wan join NATO. As for those ones free dem base on I dey collect woto woto for inside Ukraine"

Me : "hello..are you there..hello sir...hello can you hear me..." Omo! mad man Putin just hang up on me like dis o grin grin grin

If Putin dare Sweden and Finland, he will be fighting a triumvirate league of Nations... Ukraine, Finland and Sweden will join hand finish him. Stupid tyrant
naija sef go soon join..aje..u no well
Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by skybodmas: 6:21am On May 17, 2022
I think NATO is trying to set trap for Russia
Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by ume1000: 7:24am On May 17, 2022
noisy45:

Have ever find out How North Korea fires missile flying over Japan into the sea of japan. grin
a nuke isn't connected to the internet , the only option would be to infiltrate the location it's been launched from and change its destination that if the president of such a country would give u access to the launch code which are time sensitive (like ur bank token

In order to terminate a nuke u need an inside man( sorry men) in the destination the nuke is kept or launch launch a counter bomb to collide with it in mid air while it's still gaing attitude (good luck with that as most nukes have incredible speed)

Note *once it starts falling there towards its location there is little or nothing that can be done as their downward velocity is usually very high

Knew all this all thanks to Quora
Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by Cousin9999: 7:30am On May 17, 2022
Welp.
Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by Etinosa12345: 9:53am On May 17, 2022
Walkee:
you are dreaming if you think NATO will ever attack Russia

U are also dreaming if u think Russia will ever attack NATO
Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by Etinosa12345: 10:24am On May 17, 2022
Demolakay:

Yes nw,dey are withstanding it.Dats why half of deir landmass is being taken away,d oda's are being obliterated.abi. wen dey fight ND reclaim dose territories,I will bliv dey are withstanding d military might of Russia.For now am sorry,dey don't,all we hear are just hype.

Territories they are reclaiming every day

Stop acting oblivious to it
Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by Demolakay: 10:40am On May 17, 2022
Etinosa12345:

Territories they are reclaiming every day
Stop acting oblivious to it
Yes! reclaiming streets everyday.Laughable! isn't it?
Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by Etinosa12345: 10:42am On May 17, 2022
Demolakay:

Yes! reclaiming streets everyday.Laughable! isn't it?

Well.. Kharkiv is a big street and Kyiv where Russia started their first retreat is the main road grin

Better wake up to reality
Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by Demolakay: 10:45am On May 17, 2022
Etinosa12345:

Well.. Kharkiv is a big street and Kyiv where Russia started their first retreat is the main road grin

Better wake up to reality
lolz! Russia has Nva entered Kharkov.dey where only making inroads along it's border.pls knw d right information.
Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by Etinosa12345: 10:47am On May 17, 2022
Demolakay:

lolz! Russia has Nva entered Kharkov.dey where only making inroads along it's border.pls knw d right information.

Shatap there... U wey dey Nigeria dey talk say Russia never entered kharkiv..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.timesofisrael.com/russia-claims-it-captured-ukrainian-city-of-kherson-fighting-in-kharkiv-renews/amp/

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/russian-troops-reportedly-enter-kharkiv-ukraines-second-largest-city/

U even know pass people wey dey on the spot

So if they didn't enter, who did the Ukrainians chase out of their??

Dey deceive ur self.. Na u suppose know the right information
Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by godliman: 11:17am On May 17, 2022
Dawn91:

You are a goat... When was Afghanistan war fought ?
Mumu .. was Syria and Georgie wars ?. Mumu

Una go just dey open mouth like apere dey talk wetin u no Sabi
May God forgive you.
Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by Demolakay: 11:22am On May 17, 2022
Etinosa12345:

Shatap there... U wey dey Nigeria dey talk say Russia never entered kharkiv..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.timesofisrael.com/russia-claims-it-captured-ukrainian-city-of-kherson-fighting-in-kharkiv-renews/amp/

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/russian-troops-reportedly-enter-kharkiv-ukraines-second-largest-city/

U even know pass people wey dey on the spot

So if they didn't enter, who did the Ukrainians chase out of their??

Dey deceive ul. Na u suppose know the right information

I laugh at ur ignorance. Where Russia occupied in Kharkov was d northern part,just lytle.and dey were nt driven away! dey move a lot of soldiers,away from dose places in Donbass,in Oda to fortify deir positions dere.Dat makes it vry easy for d Ukrainians to retake dose places.If d Ukrainians were DAT counter effective,why av dey nt taken Kherson since March, Mariopul, Melitopol,Crimea, izium,popasna etc.
like I said,get d right information bro.
Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by Themandator: 12:03pm On May 17, 2022
Moony45:
Its a nuclear weapon country... There is no such thing as encircle... unless they can bear the consequences. Russia has the most number of nuclear arsenal in the world (6500nukes)

Childish banter... That is how they had the best hackers and military arsenal until Ukraine came along and burst that bubble

Ukraine of 200k soldiers chases Russia from Kharkiv all the way back to Russia with cheap turkey drones and British Starstreak and Javelins... Not a single cruise missile... Just hand held ammos
Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by Themandator: 12:24pm On May 17, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Frozen how? The country has already replaced the small amount of electricity imported from Russia and the Sweden only imported 8% of natural gas used yearly from Russia. Swedish leaders have been preparing and planning for this day in all ways imaginable. This wasn’t a hasty decision

Confirm

Russia is acting like the gas supply is for free.... It is business gone elsewhere

1 Like

Re: Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership by Themandator: 12:31pm On May 17, 2022
oneeast:
What are the number of nukes by the 30(now 32) members Nato countries? Ewu, you think you get sense

Homan beings win war not machine. Ukraine should have made this clear

Russia lost an entire battalion to a small Ukraine in a single attack without Ukraine losing a hair ... Battalion is made up of 700 men

Men with brains win war not machines

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians / Pentagon Says Frustrated Putin May Use Nukes If War In Ukraine Is Unwinnable / US President Biden Warns Russia, Says NATO Ready To Respond

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.