Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,331 members, 7,811,968 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:03 AM

Wife: Sunday-David Umoh Was Lynched, Burnt To Death Like Common Thief (Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Wife: Sunday-David Umoh Was Lynched, Burnt To Death Like Common Thief (Photo) (73788 Views)

I Have Lured, Drugged, Robbed Over 30 Women – Alleged Serial Thief (Photo) / Mmanti Umoh Raped: KanKan And Dada Twin Story / I Want To Go Back To Prison To Rest – Lagos Thief (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wife: Sunday-David Umoh Was Lynched, Burnt To Death Like Common Thief (Photo) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 5:15pm On May 16, 2022
The widow of Sunday-David Umoh, the 37-year-old sound engineer who was lynched and burnt by irate motorcycle operators at Admiralty Way Lekki on Thursday evening, has called on the Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Abiodun Alabi, to fish out his killers.

Recall that late Sunday-David Umoh, a member of Legacy 360 band was lynched to death and set ablaze where he had gone to play live music with his band at Beer Bar Admiralty Way Lekki on Thursday.

It was learned that Sunday-David Umoh met his death while attempting to mediate between his colleagues: Phillip Balogun, Frank and a bike rider over a hundred naira dispute which snowballed into a mob attack.

Phillip Balogun and Frank are still lying unconscious in the hospital.

Speaking with Vanguard on Monday, late Sunday-David’s 36-year-old widow, Grace Bolu, said she was yet to believe that her husband was gone.

The mother of two, who works at Ijede LCDA, as a senior technical officer mechanical, and infrastructure department, said: “My husband was not part of those that boarded the bike. Two musicians were the ones who board the commercial bike. One of them plays for Phino while the other plays for Dbanj.

They board the bike, and agreed to pay N400, on getting to their destination at Beer Bar along Admiralty Way Lekki, they gave the bike an, 500 to collect 400 and give them 100 change. The bike man said he didn’t have N100 and they got into an argument.

When the argument degenerated into a fight someone ran inside the bar and called for help, my husband was part of the people that went down to intervene and stop the fight.

It was when he tried to intervene that they were shouting and they are yahoo guys, ritualists. When they realised that the motorcycle operators were more than them they ran back to the bar, unfortunately, the manager of the bar pushed them out, because he doesn’t know the guys who board the bike. That was how they were lynched and my husband was burnt.”

Explaining further, Bolu said, “my husband was 37-year-old when he was murdered in cold blood. I received a call on Friday 13th of May at about past 3 pm. I was told that my husband is late. I had to quickly rush down to the church.

I was around my dad’s Church because I could not talk, I was in shock, and I gave my dad the phone to talk to.

My husband left home on Tuesday, normally he leaves home on Tuesdays because he works with two companies, he works as a sound engineer at Church of God Mission International on the island during the day then in the evenings if they have shows, or he has a gig to play somewhere he plays for a band, called Legacy 360 band. Most times they play on Thursday and Friday. It was that Thursday they went to play at Beer Bar.

Most times when they get to any destination he sends me his location, which he did as well.”

“I was expecting him to call that night, but he didn’t, I kept calling him, but his number wasn’t going through, so I felt maybe the battery was flat, that he will call me the following day after the show, but he didn’t call, I kept calling after the next day still no response before I received the call.”

“My husband is from Eket in Akwa Ibom, while I am from Ogun State. We have been married for nine years, we were nine years April 6th this year.”

Describing his late husband, Bolu said my husband is loving, and caring and he goes all out for people, not just his family. He is gifted with his hands, there is no handiwork he can’t do with his hands, he repairs cars, you will think he is a mechanic.

Electrical works he will do, He fixed the stage in my church where I worship, the church of God mission Ikeja. He worked with Pastor Paul Adefarsain during the experience 2019, 2020 and 2021.”

For the sake of my little children, my husband deserves justice. justices should be served, I want security for my children, I am just a civil servant,” she wept.

Source: Vanguard

26 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Wife: Sunday-David Umoh Was Lynched, Burnt To Death Like Common Thief (Photo) by Flamees(m): 5:19pm On May 16, 2022
Okadar riders don evict themselves automatically from Lekki
expect Okada impounding soon by SG

70 percent of Nigeria Problem is North

The Kingdom of God suffereth Violence and Only The Violent taketh it By Force

Rip Sunday-david
Rip Deborah

334 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Wife: Sunday-David Umoh Was Lynched, Burnt To Death Like Common Thief (Photo) by Joezinho: 5:20pm On May 16, 2022
Who will heal this land from these cursed abokis that serve a Medieval Arabian paedophile Warlord.

Shey we nor go divide like this bayi?

This is like them rubbing Amala on our faces and this happened in a high brow environment like Lekki. Not just stabbing but setting ablaze.. That guts must be slit off their useless infidelic throats forever.

I can imagine what will follow will be empty condemnation of the act by state actors who are actually the enablers of this barbarism. Again nothing will be done and again another will be killed.. It's just a circle..

202 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Wife: Sunday-David Umoh Was Lynched, Burnt To Death Like Common Thief (Photo) by illicit(m): 5:29pm On May 16, 2022
shocked
Re: Wife: Sunday-David Umoh Was Lynched, Burnt To Death Like Common Thief (Photo) by Xscape1993(m): 5:38pm On May 16, 2022
These religion people have killed us all. What is still left in Nigeria? Evil people and fake religion and prophet...

81 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Wife: Sunday-David Umoh Was Lynched, Burnt To Death Like Common Thief (Photo) by DryMouth: 5:39pm On May 16, 2022
Aboki pple wants to kill everybody

137 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Wife: Sunday-David Umoh Was Lynched, Burnt To Death Like Common Thief (Photo) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 5:45pm On May 16, 2022
lalasticlala
Mynd44
Re: Wife: Sunday-David Umoh Was Lynched, Burnt To Death Like Common Thief (Photo) by Urheadmaster(m): 5:46pm On May 16, 2022
DryMouth:
Aboki wants to kill everybody
Aboki becomes notorious in the whole of federal republic of Nigeria since Buhari their influencer becomes the president of federal republic of Nigeria sad

186 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Wife: Sunday-David Umoh Was Lynched, Burnt To Death Like Common Thief (Photo) by Jennyjay283: 5:50pm On May 16, 2022
Never judge a book with its cover

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wife: Sunday-David Umoh Was Lynched, Burnt To Death Like Common Thief (Photo) by Treasure17(m): 5:56pm On May 16, 2022
It's sad.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wife: Sunday-David Umoh Was Lynched, Burnt To Death Like Common Thief (Photo) by Neddstark: 6:11pm On May 16, 2022
I was almost a victim of jungle justice once in Lagos. Okada man accused me of being a ritualist. Thanks to God yahoo was not too popular then and the crowd was reasonable. Na me come dey load the bastard slaps.
The problem with the Nigerian society is the uncivilized amongst us are destroying the civilization achieved so far. Whatever happened to taking the accused to the police? If the law was strong and the police reliable, we will go along way in stopping jungle justice in Nigeria.
Rip David, Rip Deborah.

204 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Wife: Sunday-David Umoh Was Lynched, Burnt To Death Like Common Thief (Photo) by ozoebuka1(m): 7:05pm On May 16, 2022
sad

Jungle justice is bad...and should be condemned, but if you reason how evil this Nigeria is and how a criminal will never pity you when he's at advantage, you will be stuck between the line of supporting jungle justice or not.

Rip to the dead, and may we never be a victim of mistaken identity. Amen.

9 Likes

Re: Wife: Sunday-David Umoh Was Lynched, Burnt To Death Like Common Thief (Photo) by SegunBABA007(m): 7:05pm On May 16, 2022
Sad
Re: Wife: Sunday-David Umoh Was Lynched, Burnt To Death Like Common Thief (Photo) by iCauseTrouble: 7:06pm On May 16, 2022
So painful

1 Like

Re: Wife: Sunday-David Umoh Was Lynched, Burnt To Death Like Common Thief (Photo) by Gatekeepers: 7:06pm On May 16, 2022
Your husband is a good hussler ooo. He works for a church on Sundays and also work for a Bar on Thursday and Friday unto clubbing levels. If it's possible, may God forgive him and allow his soul to rest in peace!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wife: Sunday-David Umoh Was Lynched, Burnt To Death Like Common Thief (Photo) by BUSHHUNTER: 7:07pm On May 16, 2022
Re: Wife: Sunday-David Umoh Was Lynched, Burnt To Death Like Common Thief (Photo) by Rawtruth1: 7:07pm On May 16, 2022
Chaii. That's how motorcyclists and bus drivers behave. They Mob private car owners after scratching your car.

They are same everywhere in Nigeria. RIP

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife: Sunday-David Umoh Was Lynched, Burnt To Death Like Common Thief (Photo) by bestman09(m): 7:07pm On May 16, 2022
shocked
Very sad story. Death is so cheap now

1 Like

Re: Wife: Sunday-David Umoh Was Lynched, Burnt To Death Like Common Thief (Photo) by oluwaseyi0: 7:08pm On May 16, 2022
Another mob action

When will Nigeria ever be civilized

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife: Sunday-David Umoh Was Lynched, Burnt To Death Like Common Thief (Photo) by Adonis86(m): 7:08pm On May 16, 2022
We live in a lawlessness society that compete for madness and who will be the madest.

A typical banana Republic.
Lesson : Always mind your business and observe the atmosphere before you meddle in any argument.
The book of proverb says that, he who meddles in a quarrel is like one who holds a passing dog by the ear.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wife: Sunday-David Umoh Was Lynched, Burnt To Death Like Common Thief (Photo) by Devilagentcap: 7:08pm On May 16, 2022
Why
Re: Wife: Sunday-David Umoh Was Lynched, Burnt To Death Like Common Thief (Photo) by Alwaysready(m): 7:08pm On May 16, 2022
Na wa oh

People should always confirm before taking law into their hands na.

This is ridiculous and act of wickedness.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife: Sunday-David Umoh Was Lynched, Burnt To Death Like Common Thief (Photo) by mickyeddi(m): 7:08pm On May 16, 2022
Honestly, I give up on this sh!thole country with so many wicked vile evil people.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife: Sunday-David Umoh Was Lynched, Burnt To Death Like Common Thief (Photo) by GreaterFuture(m): 7:08pm On May 16, 2022
Make I edit post jàre
Don't have time for long talk...

1 Like

Re: Wife: Sunday-David Umoh Was Lynched, Burnt To Death Like Common Thief (Photo) by princeemmma(m): 7:09pm On May 16, 2022
Heartbreaking news everyday

A country with no law, no conscience, no love, no dignity,

This same year, we heard of bad news with no justice yet

The young boy that was killed in the school
The couple that was beheaded
Deborah Samuel

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife: Sunday-David Umoh Was Lynched, Burnt To Death Like Common Thief (Photo) by Ololanla: 7:09pm On May 16, 2022
Too bad
Re: Wife: Sunday-David Umoh Was Lynched, Burnt To Death Like Common Thief (Photo) by mycar: 7:09pm On May 16, 2022
This is disheartening, very painful way to die.

2 Likes

Re: Wife: Sunday-David Umoh Was Lynched, Burnt To Death Like Common Thief (Photo) by Benjaniblinks(m): 7:09pm On May 16, 2022
undecided
Re: Wife: Sunday-David Umoh Was Lynched, Burnt To Death Like Common Thief (Photo) by jojo1415: 7:09pm On May 16, 2022
Useless country

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gbenga Kikiowo Started Robbing At Age 7, Hoped To Be Popular Like Oyenusi, Anini / 18-Year-Old Ebonyi Girl Kidnapped From Her House, Raped & Strangled To Death / "Terwase Akwaza Gana Was Dragged Out Of Government Convoy & Killed"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.