Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,686 members, 7,831,128 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids (38850 Views)

As An Upcoming Billionaire This Is The Kind Of Woman I Want / 24-Year-Old Man & His 61-Year-Old Wife Plan Having Kids Through Surrogacy (Pics) / The Woman I Have Done Introductions For Is Driving Me Crazy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by michlins(m): 12:34am On May 17, 2022
You're not fit to have a child so don't. Having a child because you're afraid of being alone at old age is all shades of wrong. What if the child grows and decides to have an independent life devoid of you?

Just take care of yourself and don't add an innocent party into your gbese. When you're in the right frame of mind, you can consider adoption.

As for marriage, you can move outside of Nigeria and have a full life without the society judging you

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Olagoods1: 3:51am On May 17, 2022
Same here. Ain't a nigga of marriage na only baby mama I dey find

1 Like

Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by pointblank247(m): 5:52am On May 17, 2022
Poswahala:
Guys I genuinely need some advice
Because of the state of my mental health I have decided never to get married or have kids, I suffer from intense depression and anxiety and other mental health problems. I'm unsure of my own future talk more of a child.
I do love being in relationships but I do that only for companionship and sex.
I don't know if I will regret my decision. The guys I have dated have been cool with my no marriage proposal but I don't think any Nigerian man will not want kids.
I'm thinking of moving to another country, buy a house, take care of my community and neighbors then when I'm old, I will move to a retirement home.
If I change my mind I can adopt a child, am not against adoption as I am with marriage, it depends on if my mental health improves

The problem I have is that will I be lonely without a child, like I said I'm not into marriage despite being a woman trained in traditional home, it's not that I hate it or anything, it's not just for me. I will be unhappy being married.
But the child thing is bothering me, I always wanted a child, but i don't want my mental health to prevent me from loving and caring for the child.
Please advise
hmmmmm i think its not a right decision because your mental health will balance well one day and you may become lonely. I think you should get married to a married man. I mean polygamous marriage. There is no dullness or loneliness there.
Meanwhile if you need a handsome polygamous husband who will not bother you to have children, just let me know.

1 Like

Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by AlphaTaikun: 5:57am On May 17, 2022
Poswahala:
Because of the state of my mental health I have decided never to get married or have kids, I suffer from intense depression and anxiety and other mental health problems. I'm unsure of my own future talk more of a child.
I don't know if I will regret my decision. The guys I have dated have been cool with my no marriage proposal but I don't think any Nigerian man will not want kids.
I'm thinking of moving to another country, buy a house, take care of my community and neighbors then when I'm old, I will move to a retirement home.
If I change my mind I can adopt a child, am not against adoption as I am with marriage, it depends on if my mental health improves

The problem I have is that will I be lonely without a child, like I said I'm not into marriage despite being a woman trained in traditional home, it's not that I hate it or anything, it's not just for me. I will be unhappy being married.
But the child thing is bothering me, I always wanted a child, but i don't want my mental health to prevent me from loving and caring for the child.
Please advise
Are you in your 20s or 30s?

I got attracted to make comments on your post because of your very profound self-awareness in the midst of internal chaos or anxiety.

You seem to me to be a thoughtful
young woman with a great
personality. You have deep
foresight and you're right by not wanting to give birth to children who will suffer from maternal neglect.

NOTE:
1. There are credible solutions for
you here...

First off, watch any negative
internal dialogues, and flood your
thinking with positive thoughts
because we live in a world of
vibrational energy (cause-and-effect). Self-development, career and financial education upgrades would also boost daily self-confidence and positivity.

2. Second download a free mood music app online to keep you
mentally upbeat when listening
to the sounds of nature in the
music.

3. Third, get to see a professional psychoanalyst at a major Federal psychiatric hospital in Lagos for instance to discover the source
of your emotional anxieties. If need be, you'll be given medications to
pop you up.

Last but not least, It will be a great idea for you to have at least 2 biological children. There are now better ways to give birth painlessly. You won't ever regret it because
kids are fun to be with.

Take charge.wink

Cheers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by dnawah(m): 8:11am On May 17, 2022
Poswahala:

Please advise
na this kind people I dey like o!

2 Likes

Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by haggai247: 8:29am On May 17, 2022
Poswahala:

Please advise

You have solve half of your problem because you have identified it period.

As for being lonely in old age that's a fallacy...if you dont have anything going for you now that you look up to and you are lonely now then you also will be lonely a child will not fix the holes in your life.
Given birth is a great responsibility the child did not force anyone to give birth to them you did and you must face the responsibility of loving and caring for them.
Every child has the right to live their own life...no be complusory a child must care for their parents at old age.
No amount of swear can change that.
$00.2 cent

8 Likes

Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by haggai247: 8:45am On May 17, 2022
RealityKings:
@ Poswahala

Dont worry about it, you will be fine. But you should know as humans age, they need people to share their voice/problem with. They also need people to support them financially and morally... In all this role, having a child solves the problem.

You might argue that you can adopt a child a raise him/her. The truth is, as humans, deep down you know the child is not yours.
Coupled with the fact that your mental health is not balanced, it would be a bigger risk trying to raise and train a child that is not yours
having your own child is as important as preparing towards the future

This type of your advice dey kill person and millions of people would follow it.

If you want to succeed in life business relationship and find happiness look at what everyone else is doing AND DO THE OPPOSITE.

HERE IS WHY.

1% SUPER RICH
7% AFFLUENCE
20% GETTING BY
75% POOR AND BROKE.
This is the pyramid of life.
Take any population all the pastors, politician, business men nairalanders class mates medical school marriage relationship any population sort itself into a pyramid.

You have to ask yourself some questions if it's pertaining marriage money family or relationship. Here's it.

What are the 1% doing that make them get there and what are the 79% doing that get them there.

If you're sincere with yourself and answer that question every thing will change for you garantee.

As for loneliness if you are not happy with yourself now and get things going for you expecting a child a husband a friend people around to make you happy is a big GAMBLE.

and one can't live his life on gambling.
You have to take responsibility for your own happiness this is a sad reality and I so much resent it but it's the truth.

If you want control over situation in your life you must accept responsibility 100%.

5 Likes

Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by franklingud(m): 8:46am On May 17, 2022
Poswahala:

Please advise
Here is a life-giving spirit whom God created for the purpose of multiplying and increasing the earth.
But she has decided to give up on herself, nature and God.

SMH... Pathetic!
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by RealityKings: 8:58am On May 17, 2022
haggai247:

[s]This type of your advice dey kill person and millions of people would follow it.

If you want to succeed in life business relationship and find happiness look at what everyone else is doing AND DO THE OPPOSITE.

HERE IS WHY.

1% SUPER RICH
7% AFFLUENCE
20% GETTING BY
75% POOR AND BROKE.
This is the pyramid of life.
Take any population all the pastors, politician, business men nairalanders class mates medical school marriage relationship any population sort itself into a pyramid.

You have to ask yourself some questions if it's pertaining marriage money family or relationship. Here's it.

What are the 1% doing that make them get there and what are the 79% doing that get them there.

If you're sincere with yourself and answer that question every thing will change for you garantee.

As for loneliness if you are not happy with yourself now and get things going for you expecting a child a husband a friend people around to make you happy is a big GAMBLE.

and one can't live his life on gambling.
You have to take responsibility for your own happiness this is a sad reality and I so much resent it but it's the truth.

If you want control over situation in your life you must accept responsibility 100%.[/s]

TRASH
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Ghengiskhan(m): 9:10am On May 17, 2022
Poswahala:

Please advise

Your life your decision, I salute your courage
Nothing special about marriage anymore. Husbands and wives cheat and children are ungrateful

6 Likes

Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Blunttruth: 9:14am On May 17, 2022
Poswahala:

Please advise
You can marry a man who already has kids.
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Judybash93(m): 10:06am On May 17, 2022
You're doing the world a great service. Thank you very much. This is amazing

2 Likes

Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Judybash93(m): 10:07am On May 17, 2022
franklingud:

Here is a life-giving spirit whom God created for the purpose of multiplying and increasing the earth.
But she has decided to give up on herself, nature and God.

SMH... Pathetic!

Without using the bible, can you defend this point?
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Hndrrxxx(m): 10:28am On May 17, 2022
Who cares
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Sixfiguresmart(m): 10:29am On May 17, 2022
Please invlude never to sleep with people's current and future husbands in your decision.
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by obyrich(m): 10:30am On May 17, 2022
Poswahala:
Because of the state of my mental health I have decided never to get married or have kids.

I suffer from intense depression and anxiety and other mental health problems. I'm unsure of my own future talk more of a child.

If I change my mind I can adopt a child, am not against adoption as I am with marriage, it depends on if my mental health improves.

Please advise.
Incurable mental health?
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by IamMobisola(f): 10:30am On May 17, 2022
Poswahala:
Because of the state of my mental health I have decided never to get married or have kids.

I suffer from intense depression and anxiety and other mental health problems. I'm unsure of my own future talk more of a child.

If I change my mind I can adopt a child, am not against adoption as I am with marriage, it depends on if my mental health improves.

Please advise.

You can always have a child through IVF or you adopt a child. There is no issue with not wanting to get married, it’s a choice don’t let society push you into something you don’t want to.

3 Likes

Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by NNEVERAGAINN: 10:30am On May 17, 2022
Congratulations! � � �
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by phemmyfour: 10:30am On May 17, 2022
Poswahala:

Please advise.
At your old age , you will be seriously lonely. The first reason for marriage is COMPANIONSHIP.... loneliness kills
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by AbuAeesha: 10:30am On May 17, 2022
u don't want to get married,but u prefer to engage in unlawful relationship and u think u have sense?
if u don't want to get married fine! but stay away from unlawful relationship don't be a hypocrite.
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by DrBOBBY: 10:30am On May 17, 2022
Solve your ment problem first, then you will be in right frame of mind to knw what you want in life
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Kingpele(m): 10:31am On May 17, 2022
Good for u but don't have sex with any man or animals because such actions will expose your hypocrisy
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Corporate2020: 10:31am On May 17, 2022
Your personal business
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Zchi1052(m): 10:31am On May 17, 2022
Bad decision...by the time u will realize the importance let it not be too late
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Sugarmariner: 10:31am On May 17, 2022
Poswahala:

Please advise.
[color=#006600][/color]
How you go say as marriage sweet reach so,you nor wun marry? Nor juju be that
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by sylve11: 10:31am On May 17, 2022
Carcholce:
Why not start from a mental home first. Take care of the problem.

A lot of Nigerian women have mental problem but they call it “mood swings”

grin cool
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Codeye(m): 10:32am On May 17, 2022
The kind of life I'm currently living and will continue to do so
Kindly check my signature let's chat. Love you already!

2 Likes

Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Enumerator(m): 10:32am On May 17, 2022
You said my mind, the girl is actually my spec
JOACHINpedro:

Which guy will reject this term and condition?

2 Likes

Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Baffupdrizz(m): 10:32am On May 17, 2022
Poswahala:
I'm unsure of my own future talk more of a child.

What does your PARENTS have to say about this?
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by teabully(m): 10:32am On May 17, 2022
Poswahala:

Please advise.

Shuu!!!, why not address the reason for your depression, u have all of this and u still reasoning depression,
You got money to relocate, buy a house, go on a vacation and all...,
I guess I am watching a movie...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Dances With Daughter On Her Wedding Day, Gets Down To The Floor (Photos) / Grandma Mistakenly Send Nudes To Her Grandson (screen Shots) / I Unknowingly Infected My Girlfriend With Gonorrhea. Advice needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.