Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,229 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet (47509 Views)

WHY I WEPT By Rev. Yinka Yusuf / COVID-19: Yinka Akinbami Is Dead. House On The Rock Pastor Dies / My Take On The Doctrine Of Trinity And Those Saying Jesus Is God Almighty! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Nobody: 5:38pm On May 17, 2022
Jesus is a prophet of God born by a woman, Mary. Mary never said she was married to God to conceive Jesus's pregnancy. Calling Jesus God is highly blasphemous and a stupidity taken too far
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Nobody: 5:38pm On May 17, 2022
Kobojunkie:
It's ok that you ditched Christianity for reasons known to but it is a fact that in the Kingdom of God, not only is Jesus Christ a Prophet(a messenger) but He is also God's message since He is the embodiment of God's New Covenant and Law in the Kingdom of God, in addition to being God over all in His Kingdom. undecided

Then the other prophets are what?
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by gentleguy1975: 5:40pm On May 17, 2022
lexy2014:

Is Jesus the message? According to the scriptures below, is Jesus God?

Yinka Yusuf said Jesus is the message and not the messenger. Do the scriptures below corroborate that fact or negate it?

John 1
King James Version
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
is like you don't want to answer my question anyways, thanks for your time
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Nobody: 5:41pm On May 17, 2022
Miracle2020:
but you know what the bible says about the "father" the "son"and the "holy spirit"
Or if you are still confused pls go and read John 3:16.

John 3:16
New International Version

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

This is plane English. How many characters are in sentence? Is their a verb in sentence?

Where is the trinity here?
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Nobody: 5:42pm On May 17, 2022
edoairways:

He is more than that

I agree. But he was a prophet.

And how is that blasphemy?

Even the Bible referred to him as a prophet.
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Kunlevic1984(m): 5:42pm On May 17, 2022
OBALOLA55:
JESUS IS NOTHING BUT A PROPHET AND MESSENGER OF GOD, STOP MISLEADING PEOPLE MR MAN angry
Jesus is the Master of Peace! You didn't have peace in the North , Iran, Afghanistan and the rest of Islamic countries because you did not Accept him but instead, you are following that man that died without resurrected. What he left as ideology for you send you to grave on a daily basis.
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Tayorshd2(m): 5:44pm On May 17, 2022
RELIGION IS ACTUALLY AFFECTING AFRICANS OF TODAY WHY CANT WE BE LIKE AMERICA THAT WITLL TAKE IT LIGHTLY AND FACE LIFE IN REALITY TO BE CREATIVE AND BUILD 21TH CENTURY TECHNOLOGY LIKE CHINA AND JAPAN ETC ..AND WE SHOULD SYOP BEING TOO RELIGIOIS
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by lexy2014: 5:45pm On May 17, 2022
gentleguy1975:
is like you don't want to answer my question anyways, thanks for your time

Do u also want to answer my questions?

Yinka Yusuf said Jesus is the message and not the messenger. Do the scriptures below corroborate that fact or negate it?

John 1
King James Version
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by RoyalDiadems: 5:45pm On May 17, 2022
OBALOLA55:
JESUS IS NOTHING BUT A PROPHET AND MESSENGER OF GOD, STOP MISLEADING PEOPLE MR MAN angry

He has already answered you Mr. You'll meet Him when you cross over.
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Tayorshd2(m): 5:45pm On May 17, 2022
lansile:
Jesus is a prophet of God born by a woman, Mary. Mary never said she was married to God to conceive Jesus's pregnancy. Calling Jesus God is highly blasphemous and a stupidity taken too far

You have forgotten that his brith and conceiving is miraculous but mUhammed was born and conceived just like me and you...

So with that can't u see jesus is more Ethan just a mere prophet sad shocked
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by J3susFr3ak: 5:47pm On May 17, 2022
lansile:

God can make you pregnant even now and make you give birth to baby goat from your penis hole...without the need for you to fornicate with any goat the way your herder fornicate with cows in the bush.

There are NO LIMITS to what the God of the Jews and the God of the Bible can do...

Your ignorant simple minds is still trying to use shallow human logic to understand who the Real of God of Israel is. Is that not why the Arabs are still confused to this day when the same God of Israel brought them back to their own land again? Whew....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEA5VQ-vBIw
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by RoyalDiadems: 5:48pm On May 17, 2022
DryMouth:
So who was Jesus?

All these men of "God" shuld jst shut the hell up.

From all the doings of Jesus as portrayed by the bible, Jesus is simply a prophet.

Your religion calls Him that Messaih. Do you Know what that means? He even gave life to a bird of clay. Which human being does that? Your religion says He'll be the judge. Of course, you'll meet Him when you cross over.
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by ISelectMySins: 5:48pm On May 17, 2022
Mickykarim:
Our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ has neither mandated nor asked anyone to fight for him nd or on his behalf. We are unlike the sect and religion that fights for its prophet. We are not zealots like in the islamic religion. The REBUKE of Peter by the Saviour when he struck a soldier that had come for him was instructive and indicative of our we treat our enemies.

OUR ESTEEM FAITH PREVENTS AND BAR US FROM DRAWING SWORD AND OR RAISE OUR FINGER AGAINST OUR ADVERSARIES.

Pastor whatever Jesus Christ did not teach you to classify any statement or action against him as blasphemy. Go read your Bible before you defend out faith. You have not represented the vineyard appropriately. Desist from giving the Christian house a bad name. We are not like the the people in the next house. Our own God can fight his fight and defend himself properly and better than anyone could.

JESUS CHRIST DID NOT SEND YOU ON THIS ERRAND. DO NOT STIR DISHARMONY IN HIS NAME.

I am having problems striking through your post but suffice to say that you're very very stupid. Someone, your president for that matter, addressed your Lord and saviour with a blasphemous title and a one of his shepards is doing his job, the chore of corrections and showing how christian faithfuls have been violated and you are here capping nonsense in the guise of pacifism, idiot. Kuku give them food and watrr and encourage them in blasphemy na, stupid slowpoke.
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by simiyumimo(m): 5:49pm On May 17, 2022
May Almighty God of all universe bless you for this answers, it clears all doubt if truely the believers of Prophet Issa (Anobi Jesu) true true believe the words of the holy bible.

muzeze77:
Read the bible, he was sent ,he is a messenger of God

Matthew 10:40

“He who receives you receives Me, and he who receives Me receives Him who sent Me.

John 5:24
“Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

John 5:30
I can do nothing on My own initiative. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is just, because I do not seek My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.

John 7:33
Therefore Jesus said, “For a little while longer I am with you, then I go to Him who sent Me.

The man has made it clear he was sent (Said this 21 times) , why are you stubborn to think he is God

Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by UtuokeAlcoholic: 5:49pm On May 17, 2022
lexy2014:

Is this an insult below?
I didn't get our, can you enlighten me?
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Jacopini: 5:52pm On May 17, 2022
gentleguy1975:
being a prophet in Islam doesn't mean prophesying rather,it mean the one who receives inspiration or revelation from God

Wen God gives someone inspiration or revelation, dere are prove(prophecy), like u see in Moses nd all oda prophet they prophecy.

Wat is a prophet without prophesy?

A soldier has his gun
A farmer has his hoe
A prophet his prophecy

Prophecy is the tool of a prophet.
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Streett: 5:52pm On May 17, 2022
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by lexy2014: 5:54pm On May 17, 2022
UtuokeAlcoholic:
I didn't get our, can you enlighten me?

You didn't get what?

How did Deborah insult Mohammed? Can u share her exact words?
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Bnladan(m): 5:54pm On May 17, 2022
muzeze77:
Read the bible, he was sent ,he is a messenger of God

Matthew 10:40

“He who receives you receives Me, and he who receives Me receives Him who sent Me.

John 5:24
“Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

John 5:30
I can do nothing on My own initiative. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is just, because I do not seek My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.

John 7:33
Therefore Jesus said, “For a little while longer I am with you, then I go to Him who sent Me.

The man has made it clear he was sent (Said this 21 times) , why are you stubborn to think he is God

And again he has never claimed divinity. Nowhere in the bible did he say "I am God" or "worship me".
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by J3susFr3ak: 5:54pm On May 17, 2022
[quote author=gentleguy1975 post=112924391] being a prophet in Islam doesn't mean prophesying rather,it mean the one who receives inspiration or revelation from God[/quote
Satan also gives Supernatural revelation too....And this is why the true God had to DEFINE Himself by the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob....only through Israel and His revelation to them can we know who He truly is.

Killing people and forcing a supposed inspired book that contradicts established and known historical and supernatural Truths from the Jewish Scripture is going WAAAAYYYY off mark.

Deny or disregard the Divine Nature of Jesus at your own peril. You have no excuse now.
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by DreamersVille24(m): 5:55pm On May 17, 2022
Ezechimaobim:
With all your academic qualifications you still never get the fact that jesus and bible god is a fictional characters that never existed
Una be part of the problems we dey face here in Nigeria

Lol.

What do you think you even know?

A mere mortal thinking he knows it all sad

Have a rethink about your entire life!
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by UtuokeAlcoholic: 5:55pm On May 17, 2022
NuclearReactor:
Blasphemy is any speech that insults or shows irreverence for a religious being, Since muslims consider muhammed as the true messanger of God, any talk that denigrates the "prophetness" of muhammed or insults him is regarded as blasphemy
So is insult something good or offensive
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by gentleguy1975: 5:57pm On May 17, 2022
lexy2014:

Do u also want to answer my questions?

John 1
King James Version

he was a messenger and a prophet and all those verses you quoted up there contradicted the words and teaching of Jesus Christ
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Acidbath: 5:59pm On May 17, 2022
DaveDGreat:

I am an 1mbecile who bought my certificate. cheesy embarassed Please give me job or I starve. embarassed

Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by UtuokeAlcoholic: 6:00pm On May 17, 2022
lexy2014:

How did she insult Mohammed? Can u pls quote her verbatim?
You don't understand Hausa, the translation you read trending online is not complete. The translator didn't complete the last sentence of her statement where she insulted the Prophet because of the gravity and heaviness of the statement on the tongue of a Muslim to repeat it.

Moreover, that audio that has been trending was not even her first statement where she insulted the Prophet. It was a reply to a threat where she was asked to retract her comment and apologize which she stubbornly refused. Bragging that nothing will happen to her.

The audio is still available, If you listen carefully to her last sentence where she blasphemed, you will here voices of some girls at the background exclaimed "..deboh!".
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by gentleguy1975: 6:00pm On May 17, 2022
[quote author=J3susFr3ak post=112924904][/quote]he was neither God nor His son, rather,he was a prophet and messenger of God
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by lexy2014: 6:00pm On May 17, 2022
UtuokeAlcoholic:
You don't understand Hausa, the translation you read trending online is not complete. The translator didn't complete the last sentence of her statement where she insulted the Prophet because of the gravity and heaviness of the statement on the tongue of a Muslim to repeat it.

Moreover, that audio that has been trending was not even her first statement where she insulted the Prophet. It was a reply to a threat where she was asked to retract her comment and apologize which she stubbornly refused. Bragging that nothing will happen to her.

The audio is still available, If you listen carefully to her last sentence where she blasphemed, you will here voices of some girls at the background exclaimed "..deboh!".

You didn't answer the question:

How did she insult Mohammed? Can u pls quote her verbatim?
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by lexy2014: 6:02pm On May 17, 2022
gentleguy1975:
he was a messenger and a prophet and all those verses you quoted up there contradicted the words and teaching of Jesus Christ

According to the scriptures below, is Jesus God?

John 1
King James Version

Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Bnladan(m): 6:02pm On May 17, 2022
byrron:

If your dad sends you to deliver a message to someone, does that nullify you from being his son anymore and just a messenger?

Will it be sensible to address you as Mr X (your dad) messenger instead of Mr X son?

Jesus's Christ on numerous occasions referred to God as his father.

But u ppl said he is God. So how many Gods do u have?
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by UtuokeAlcoholic: 6:03pm On May 17, 2022
jmoore:

Islamic terrorist is a cancer to the world. Islam, the religion of terror has no place in humanity.

If Mohammed was insulted, he should resurrect and fight for himself.
We defend him with last drop of our blood.
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Bnladan(m): 6:03pm On May 17, 2022
drakeli:
Yes Jesus was sent just as a father (God) would send his son (Jesus).

Jesus is not a prophet. Jesus is bigger than that.
What is he then?
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by abbey621(m): 6:06pm On May 17, 2022
J3susFr3ak:

And I suppose you would have also heard or read about the Underground Railroad which helped free so many African Americans and was like an early anti-abolitionist stride against slavery was started by the white Quakers and joined by others.

"The Underground Railroad is the first racially integrated civil/human rights movement in the United States. The basic concepts of escape and travel that undergird the movement offer a way of envisioning the teaching/learning exchange as leaving behind unhealthy ideologies, and as journeying with students from one place of understanding to another. The primary participants and select aspects of the movement also offer a way of understanding teaching/learning in the classroom. Benefits of religious educational programming utilizing the proposed model include: developing awareness of the interrelatedness of race/racism/religion/power and a countercultural, counterhegemonic perspective that is informed by faith and evidenced by praxis." -- https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/00344087.2016.1256366?journalCode=urea20

Meanwhile...it took Lord Lugard's Maxim Gun Intervention to drastically end slavery in Northern Nigeria....while their Muslim brothers in Western Sahara, parts of Mali, parts of Sudan and North Africa, including your beloved wage-slave labor Dubai (what horrors to be a South Asian construction worker there) are very much into active slavery against darker skinned people.

Thank Christians for the America you enjoy now. Don't mess it up with your Islamic nonsense the way the Somalis have messed up Minneapolis....biting the hands that fed them!

Save your quack analysis for the ignorant ones. There would be no need for helping slaves escape if slavery did not exist in the first place. Your religious brothers and sisters created the problem. From slave owners to Jim Crow and the KKK. It's like America giving money to Haiti, guess who caused the poverty? Guy I'm not here to argue with you about any mumu religion but don't say what you don't know, America's greatness as it stands now is a result of moving away from its religious extremism, allowing people to worship as they please, removing religion from the classrom etc, you can miss me with your bullshit!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (24) (Reply)

When Your Fiance/fiancee Is Disturbing You For Sex / Modele Fatoyinbo: I Am Not Your Friend If You Don’t Celebrate Biodun Fatoyinbo / Masquerade Converts To Christianity And Becomes An Evangelist In 6 Months(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.