Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,970 members, 7,814,286 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet (47440 Views)

WHY I WEPT By Rev. Yinka Yusuf / COVID-19: Yinka Akinbami Is Dead. House On The Rock Pastor Dies / My Take On The Doctrine Of Trinity And Those Saying Jesus Is God Almighty! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by TermuxDarkWeb(m): 3:10pm On May 17, 2022
[s]
thesicilian:
Therefore Buhari should be lynched as well for blasphemy
[/s]

Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by iramure(m): 3:10pm On May 17, 2022
englishmart:
Muhammad is dead and gone, just like everyone who once walked the earth. Nothing spectacular about the truculent jihadist.

Every sane person who is alive currently is far better than Michael Faraday, Einstein, Maria Curie, Shakespeare, Abraham Lincoln, Mandela, Muhammad.
Foolishness is not enough to make you kill a living being because of a long decayed piece of mud. It takes an epitomy of idiocy to be that barbaric and hopelessly outdated
that are all holders of PhD-Permanent head damage
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by SeunNotOwner: 3:10pm On May 17, 2022
OBALOLA55:
JESUS IS NOTHING BUT A PROPHET AND MESSENGER OF GOD, STOP MISLEADING PEOPLE MR MAN angry

Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by tjclassix: 3:10pm On May 17, 2022
OBALOLA55:
JESUS IS NOTHING BUT A PROPHET AND MESSENGER OF GOD, STOP MISLEADING PEOPLE MR MAN angry
BLASPHEMY
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by membranus: 3:11pm On May 17, 2022
thesicilian:
Therefore Buhari should be lynched as well for blasphemy

We vote you to be the leader of the lynching mob.
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by RapLawd(m): 3:12pm On May 17, 2022
OBALOLA55:

And Muhammad is a Paedophile!
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by treatise: 3:13pm On May 17, 2022
Religions of this world are NOT violent; budhism , hinduism,christianity, voodooism are not violent, i dont know of any religion that is violent.
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by highoctane: 3:15pm On May 17, 2022
PMB could have committed blasphemy if he says that Jesus was not a man. 1Timothy 2: 5 stated" for there is one God and one mediator, between God and men, a man Christ Jesus.
He could have committed blasphemy, if he had said that Jesus Christ was not a prophet, Revelation 1:1 Matthew 24:2-24, in several chapters of Christians Greek scripture Jesus uttered prophecies that are fulfilling today.
He could have committed blasphemy, if he had said that Jesus Christ is not a messenger, Like 4:43
He could have committed blasphemy if he had said that Jesus Christ was not God's representative or agent, Hebrews 12:2a "as we look intently at the Chief Agent and Perfecter of our faith, Jesus.
So Mr Yinka Yusufu or whatever allow Jesus to fight his battle, even if PMB has blasphemed against Jesus Christ,

Read his words at Matthew 12: 31-32 "For this reason I say to you, every sort of sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the spirit will not be forgiven.
32 "For example, whoever speaks a word against the Son of man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the holy spirit, it will not be forgiven him, no, not in this system of things nor in that to come.
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by jmoore(m): 3:16pm On May 17, 2022
UtuokeAlcoholic:

This is very laughable and dumb anology bereft of any logic. Since Christians believe Jesus is a God, so everyone must have the same belief as you otherwise it is blasphemy. This means there is no more freedom of religion in this country again if a citizen didn't share your beliefs.
He explained to you, still you are insisting to be dumb.

The point is that people will always disagree on belief. But no one should kill.

Muslims disrespect Jesus Christ but Christians don't go looking to kill them.
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by J3susFr3ak: 3:17pm On May 17, 2022
SARSCoV2:

And if you use same Bible you are quoting from, Job was the most special prophet.

Cos that was the only prophet, that God verbally vouched for "THEIR IS NONE LIKE HIM"

And yet when Christ Himself appeared before Job, Job had to say this:

"My ears had heard of you
but now my eyes have seen you.
Therefore I despise myself
and repent in dust and ashes." --Job 42:5-6

And yes...the PreIncarnate Christ was very active in the Old Testament as well.
"“He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.” Daniel 3:25
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Handsum64: 3:18pm On May 17, 2022
Mumu Christians
Very confused people
No wonder the pastors molest them
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by IfnobeGod20: 3:18pm On May 17, 2022
OBALOLA55:
Nowhere in the bible that the nomenclature of the word "prophet" was used against his name but there were records of places he was called a "Messenger" of the New Covenant. Christains called him Messenger rather than prophet.
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by jmoore(m): 3:18pm On May 17, 2022
gentleguy1975:
the funniest thing is that he Jesus,said he was sent by the Father! now tell someone who was sent,was that not a messenger? and he calls himself a pastor
Son of a lion, is not a lion too?

Una just dey yarn dust!!
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by akshak(m): 3:20pm On May 17, 2022
Uprightness100:
Very Serious blasphemy! Comparing JESUS to a mere man is the highest form of blasphemy.
But we don't fight for GOD. HE Fights for us. We only Admonish people on who HE is. When you refuse, you will meet with Him when you cross over.

JESUS Christ is GOD!
JESUS Christ is the Son of GOD
JESUS Christ is the Only way to Heaven!
God or son of God. Which one, precisely. grin grin grin
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by hanymasahun: 3:21pm On May 17, 2022
xpressionx:
Good one.

Jesus is Lord.

Muslims copied the Holy Bible and corrupted it.
That's why there are Christian events there.

but the Bible didn't have a single record of quran events.
Yet these folks can't ask questions.
Think with your brain not with your hand
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by jmoore(m): 3:21pm On May 17, 2022
highoctane:
PMB could have committed blasphemy if he says that Jesus was not a man. 1Timothy 2: 5 stated" for there is one God and one mediator, between God and men, a man Christ Jesus.
He could have committed blasphemy, if he had said that Jesus Christ was not a prophet, Revelation 1:1 Matthew 24:2-24, in several chapters of Christians Greek scripture Jesus uttered prophecies that are fulfilling today.
He could have committed blasphemy, if he had said that Jesus Christ is not a messenger, Like 4:43
He could have committed blasphemy if he had said that Jesus Christ was not God's representative or agent, Hebrews 12:2a "as we look intently at the Chief Agent and Perfecter of our faith, Jesus.
So Mr Yinka Yusufu or whatever allow Jesus to fight his battle, even if PMB has blasphemed against Jesus Christ,

Read his words at Matthew 12: 31-32 "For this reason I say to you, every sort of sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the spirit will not be forgiven.
32 "For example, whoever speaks a word against the Son of man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the holy spirit, it will not be forgiven him, no, not in this system of things nor in that to come.

Una no dey get the point!!!!

The pastor is telling Buhari that Muslims should emulate Christians who don't go about killing Muslim because of blasphemy against Jesus Christ
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Youngjohnosas: 3:21pm On May 17, 2022
Quintuple:
If according to the pastor Buhari committed blasphemy, then what are the christian folks waiting for. They should do the needful asap.
we will do nothing but we will continue regarding Muhammad as the false and paedophile prophet that he is.
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by simplesearch: 3:22pm On May 17, 2022
Housing:
Jesus Christ is a Prophet. Yusuf read your Bible very well.

Jesus is not a prophet in the sense that Muslims refer to him as one, and even below and inferior to Mohammed which is ridiculous and laughable. Jesus and the father have being in existence before the very beginning, and as such the purpose of redemption was thrust upon him by the father, as he alone could redeem mankind from their sins and spiritual fall.
All true prophet of God who spake and prophesied before Jesus was born spoke about his coming and the ones who after that pointed at Jesus.
Any prophet therefore, whether before or after Jesus; who did not make him the subject, focus and Centerpoint of their message is nothing but a false prophet.

1 Like

Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by edoairways: 3:23pm On May 17, 2022
Mickykarim:
Our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ has neither mandated nor asked anyone to fight for him nd or on his behalf. We are unlike the sect and religion that fights for its prophet. We are not zealots like in the islamic religion. The REBUKE of Peter by the Saviour when he struck a soldier that had come for him was instructive and indicative of our we treat our enemies.

OUR ESTEEM FAITH PREVENTS AND BAR US FROM DRAWING SWORD AND OR RAISE OUR FINGER AGAINST OUR ADVERSARIES.

Pastor whatever Jesus Christ did not teach you to classify any statement or action against him as blasphemy. Go read your Bible before you defend out faith. You have not represented the vineyard appropriately. Desist from giving the Christian house a bad name. We are not like the the people in the next house. Our own God can fight his fight and defend himself properly and better than anyone could.

JESUS CHRIST DID NOT SEND YOU ON THIS ERRAND. DO NOT STIR DISHARMONY IN HIS NAME.
That pastor is telling Buhari that Muslims should emulate Christians who don't go about killing people because of blasphemy against Jesus Christ
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by jmoore(m): 3:23pm On May 17, 2022
akshak:
God or son of God. Which one, precisely. grin grin grin
Is the son of eagle a chicken?
Common sense 101!!
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by akshak(m): 3:24pm On May 17, 2022
muzeze77:
Read the bible, he was sent ,he is a messenger of God

Matthew 10:40

“He who receives you receives Me, and he who receives Me receives Him who sent Me.

John 5:24
“Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

John 5:30
I can do nothing on My own initiative. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is just, because I do not seek My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.

John 7:33
Therefore Jesus said, “For a little while longer I am with you, then I go to Him who sent Me.

The man has made it clear he was sent (Said this 21 times) , why are you stubborn to think he is God

confirm.
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by kingyakos: 3:25pm On May 17, 2022
Rev. Yinka Yusuf is wrong here and Buhari is right here.
Jesus also came as a prophet because Moses prophesied him to come as a prophet and every prophet in the Bible comes with a message and Jesus came with a message of salvation.
Prophet means a messenger
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Danmisra(m): 3:26pm On May 17, 2022
muzeze77:
Read the bible, he was sent ,he is a messenger of God

Matthew 10:40

“He who receives you receives Me, and he who receives Me receives Him who sent Me.

John 5:24
“Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

John 5:30
I can do nothing on My own initiative. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is just, because I do not seek My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.

John 7:33
Therefore Jesus said, “For a little while longer I am with you, then I go to Him who sent Me.

The man has made it clear he was sent (Said this 21 times) , why are you stubborn to think he is God

All this verses you quoted Jesus was referring to in purpose not worship,if you believe in Jesus you believe in God not the other way round.
Besides this verse and John (10:30) which also was referring to in purpose not saying that jesus is God himself.
There is no unequivocal verse or statement in the whole 66 version of the Bible where jesus says " I am God so worship me"
If he was God then ,it he supposed to say that in many verses like in the Torah or Qur'an where it is written clearly ,you don't need any break down or explanation.
Melchisedick the highest priest of salem is even more deserving of being a God than Jesus. Don't just shout give us refrence
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by emapeteum(m): 3:26pm On May 17, 2022
DryMouth:
So who was Jesus?

All these men of "God" shuld jst shut the hell up.

From all the doings of Jesus as portrayed by the bible, Jesus is simply a prophet.
My dearest brother, Jesus is not a prophet. Take time to do your research so that you can disagree with the pastor logically. If Jesus was a prophet, why was John sent as a forerunner of Jesus?
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Miracle2020: 3:29pm On May 17, 2022
SARSCoV2:

The word "Trinity" is not anywhere in the Bible.
but you sha understand what it means abi?
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by dogwen: 3:31pm On May 17, 2022
Neyoosha007:

Jesus Christ isn’t God, He’s a supernatural, he’s the light, he’s the way
Let God's punishment be extended to you and your entire generation too.
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by bezimo(m): 3:31pm On May 17, 2022
OBALOLA55:

This is blasphemy..that would have required christian's to riot, kill and behead any Muslim saying this blasphemy nonsense..but we are far better and truly peace loving people and wont behave like wild animals unlike the so called religion of peace..Nonsense
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by edoairways: 3:31pm On May 17, 2022
SARSCoV2:
Seems I am getting confused at this point.

Is Jesus not a prophet?
He is more than that
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by kingyakos: 3:32pm On May 17, 2022
OBALOLA55:

He is a Prophet, he is God that came in form of Man to give salvation since no man on Earth is worthy of giving nor preaching salvation
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Acidbath: 3:32pm On May 17, 2022
DaveDGreat:

Lol. Should I show you more of Jesus's statements so you can misinterpret?

"Whoever the Son of Man sets free is fre indeed". "i am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End".

Please interprete these.

Olodo grin

Oya go and report me to mods so they can ban me from this section.
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by ZombieTAMER: 3:34pm On May 17, 2022
Mickykarim:
Our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ has neither mandated nor asked anyone to fight for him nd or on his behalf. We are unlike the sect and religion that fights for its prophet. We are not zealots like in the islamic religion. The REBUKE of Peter by the Saviour when he struck a soldier that had come for him was instructive and indicative of our we treat our enemies.

OUR ESTEEM FAITH PREVENTS AND BAR US FROM DRAWING SWORD AND OR RAISE OUR FINGER AGAINST OUR ADVERSARIES.

Pastor whatever Jesus Christ did not teach you to classify any statement or action against him as blasphemy. Go read your Bible before you defend out faith. You have not represented the vineyard appropriately. Desist from giving the Christian house a bad name. We are not like the the people in the next house. Our own God can fight his fight and defend himself properly and better than anyone could.

JESUS CHRIST DID NOT SEND YOU ON THIS ERRAND. DO NOT STIR DISHARMONY IN HIS NAME.

Is Jesus Christ a prophet?..
so we should accept because of causing disharmony?

you are not well..
your comment is damn irritating my Yoruba Muslim friend
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Kobojunkie: 3:36pm On May 17, 2022
NuclearReactor:
Mickykarim what wrong did the pastor say, where did he encourage anyone to fight anyone who blasphemes Jesus He was trying to make the point that muslims also blasphemes Jesus, just like they accuse christians of blaspheming mohammed, nevertheless we dont fight them for that!! How does that amount to giving christians a bad name
Your Pastor is wrong because Jesus Christ is a Prophet.... Jesus Christ Himself confirmed this when He said Moses wrote about Him in the Old Covenant Law - Deuteronomy 18 . undecided

Your Pastor is wrong because blasphemy, as defined by Jesus Christ is insult against the Spirit of God, not against Jesus Christ or even God Himself. lipsrsealed

Save your souls from Hell by refusing to heed the words of these false teachers and false prophets who are your pastors and mogs. undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (24) (Reply)

"You Must Confess", African Mother Goes Spiritual As Fox Breaks Into Her House / Lady Shares The Message She Got From A Struggling 'Entitled' Pastor (Photos) / Top 15 Yoruba Gospel Music & Praises Lyrics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.