Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,233 members, 7,818,782 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet (47537 Views)

WHY I WEPT By Rev. Yinka Yusuf / COVID-19: Yinka Akinbami Is Dead. House On The Rock Pastor Dies / My Take On The Doctrine Of Trinity And Those Saying Jesus Is God Almighty! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Oracleforce: 2:46pm On May 17, 2022
SARSCoV2:

And if you use same Bible you are quoting from, Job was the most special prophet.

Cos that was the only prophet, that God verbally vouched for "THEIR IS NONE LIKE HIM"

Hmm...you are one of those who do not have accurate and adequate knowledge about scriptures ....You need to be tutored about scriptures ....perhaps you are a nominal Christian or Muslim who is curious about knowing more of Jesus Christ... I will be available to teach you...

1 Like

Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by AutoC: 2:47pm On May 17, 2022
UtuokeAlcoholic:

This is very laughable and dumb anology bereft of any logic. Since Christians believe Jesus is a God, so everyone must have the same belief as you otherwise it is blasphemy. This means there is no more freedom of religion in this country again if a citizen didn't share your beliefs.

Since you also belive that it is wrong to insult your pedophilia Mohamed, so everyone must also belive thesame way ? Are you even listening to yourself?
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by lexy2014: 2:47pm On May 17, 2022
gentleguy1975:
the funniest thing is that he Jesus,said he was sent by the Father! now tell someone who was sent,was that not a messenger? and he calls himself a pastor

John 1
King James Version
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Youngjohnosas: 2:47pm On May 17, 2022
UtuokeAlcoholic:

No Muslim will border himself when you call Muhammad false prophet. If Muslims were forcing other adherents to believe in the message or prophethood of Muhammad, their wouldn't havebeen a single Christian in the North

That’s the biggest lie you would have said all your life.do you know the hundreds of churches that have been destroyed in the north, the thousands of believers that have been killed in the North and Christianity is still waxing stronger.

If not for the habit of killing converts in the North ,A whole lot of people who have renounced the cult but they know they will definitely be killed by their brothers.in Islam we all know conversion amounts to death, most especially in the Northern part of Nigeria.

You cannot suppress Christianity and you know that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by ambale(m): 2:47pm On May 17, 2022
OBALOLA55:
JESUS IS NOTHING BUT A PROPHET AND MESSENGER OF GOD, STOP MISLEADING PEOPLE MR MAN angry

Can you see yourself, you want others to respect your opinion and you don't respect other people's opinion.
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by J3susFr3ak: 2:49pm On May 17, 2022
purejustice36:
Confused religion yen yen yen

Only Jesus na God
Only Jesus na son of God
Only Jesus na lord
Only Jesus na shepherd
Only Jesus na alpha

Make una try dey rest

Jesus na servant of God jare

And yet you yourself are confused enough to say that:

purejustice36 is Human.
purejustice36 is a son of Human
purejustice36 is has some sheep that follow Him. purejustice36 is a Sphepherd
purejustice36 is the first son....(so purejustice36 is an alpha)

purejustice36 can also be a servant too. Whether a servant obeying the rules of His father's house. Or a civil servant....

Can we say with all these heaped up titles...purejustice36 is most confused too?

If you are ignorant of who Christ really is....please do ask questions. It does not hurt to humble yourself and learn, rather than spit nonsense from a clear lack of knowledge.
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by sugarbeesmith(m): 2:50pm On May 17, 2022
Jesus is the son of God
He is a rabbi
A prophet
A wise counselor
He is God .

1 Like

Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by AutoC: 2:50pm On May 17, 2022
Oracleforce:

Hmm...you are one of those who do not have accurate and adequate knowledge about scriptures ....You need to be tutored about scriptures ....perhaps you are a nominal Christian or Muslim who is curious about knowing more of Jesus Christ... I will be available to teach you...

The way they quote bible out of context with so much energy is baffling
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by damilola4162(m): 2:50pm On May 17, 2022
Let this be known that Jesus Christ is not a Prophet as you people think.

I will explain:

A prophet is some sent of God to deliver a message to his people. Jesus Christ is the message in the scripture from Genesis to Malachi.

Let's forget about the two books and go down to historical books.
Do your research: Many historian longe time ago of whom some were atheists wrote about a man who was born in Israel he was killed and buried but is body is till not found up til today. Many believe his body was stolen. That's the Christ who was God in the flesh he is alive, . Every other prophets are all dead and their tomb still remain up till today.

Jesus did teach the people, just as all the prophets did. All prophets were pointing to him from Genesis to Malachi. Jesus said he is the way the truth and the life john 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.. Jesus Christ (the Messiah) is the message he cannot be the messenger again.

While Jesus was saying he that sent me, I was sent [/b]etc.

God is a Spirit and a spirit don't have physical body. From the beginning God has planned to dwell in man. So God became flesh(Jesus) and dwell amongst us.

John 1:14 [b]And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

In brevity: God is a spirit whose intension is to dwell in and with man.

God the spirit had an intention to become man (Jesus Christ) and now dwelling in us as spirit.

Let me end this with this analogy. Water in the farmernet fall in as rain on the earth. When sun shines it will go back to the farmernet in form of vapour.

All these three, water in farmernet, rain and vapour are all water in different form.

God is the father who became man as son Jesus Christ. The father Jesus is referring to or who sent me was his initial state as the spirit.

May God give you understanding.

All prophets have been dead for more than 1000 years ago only immortal who is God, Jesus Christ is still alive.

1 Like

Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by lexy2014: 2:51pm On May 17, 2022
UtuokeAlcoholic:

This is very laughable and dumb anology bereft of any logic. Since Christians believe Jesus is a God, so everyone must have the same belief as you otherwise it is blasphemy. This means there is no more freedom of religion in this country again if a citizen didn't share your beliefs.

But if christians disagree with Muslims on who Mohammed is, what is the result?
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Sportsolutions1: 2:51pm On May 17, 2022
Sportsolutions1:

Clears Throat*

Dear Pastor Yinka Yusuf;

There is nothing wrong with Jesus Christ being called a Prophet. When He was right here in Physical Form Alive on Earth - People called Him A Prophet because He was a Prophet.

Jesus Christ was Many Things on Earth.

He was a:

Prophet,
Preacher,
Teacher,
Healer,
Revealer,
Comforter,
Helper,
Judge,
Journalist,
Tourist,
Entertainer,
Amuser,
Writer,
Model,
Fashionista,
Liberator, to mention a few .

He was Omnipotent ...

He was Exactly like The Jesus Christ of Today - "The Messiah Of Today's World."

" MESSIAH. ONI, Ayodeji Anthony" who is referred to as "THE SAFE COMFORTER OF TODAY'S WORLD".

You can google about The Name.

Above All; Jesus Christ is The Son of (God) Who is Love.

Just like person who Love Truly are Sons and Daughters of God.

So, please take to correction.

Debates like this are not necessary.

What is necessary now is How We Can Use The CHURCH To Begin Solving All of Our Societal Problems in like:

- Poverty of Epileptic Power Supply which is Contributing To The

- Poverty of Poor Healthcare which is caused by The

- Poverty of Poor Education which is Causing

- Poverty of Hunger & Starvation which is causing

- Poverty of Insecurity of Human Lives and Properties.

You pastors are not doing your Assignments at all.

Instead of Creating Societal Solutions to Problems in The Society, All You go to church to do is otherwise contrary to The Will of God.

You end up Enriching Yourself Providing Baseless Hope for People to Absorb into their Mentality.

As far as I'm concerned, A Pastor of God knows too well that Debating with The President is like a Treason and should be avoided to allow Peace and Love to reign.

This is Social Media, we should be careful on how we peddle messages especially Religious and Tribal Messages so we don't inert Cyber War that could lead to More Physical Wars.

Be Guided, Yinka Yusuf.

Please, one wise nairalander should quote me for arguments on this.

I get time today to liberate many ignorant people.

wink
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Nobody: 2:52pm On May 17, 2022
Oracleforce:

I read the Bible and comprehend irrespective of General beliefs and perception.

Job was the only person God vouched for. "THEIR IS NONE LIKE HIM"

That statement came from The Almighty and was never repeated in the Bible. English is my first language and I definitely know the meaning of such statement.
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by marca(m): 2:54pm On May 17, 2022
Pls pastor, how can someone be God and at the same time be a son of God. Don't forget that Jesus is also a human like you and me.He was just a supernatural human compare to us... Pls who is Jesus?
Uprightness100:
Very Serious blasphemy! Comparing JESUS to a mere man is the highest form of blasphemy.
But we don't fight for GOD. HE Fights for us. We only Admonish people on who HE is. When you refuse, you will meet with Him when you cross over.

JESUS Christ is GOD!
JESUS Christ is the Son of GOD
JESUS Christ is the Only way to Heaven!
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by NasMaleeq(m): 2:55pm On May 17, 2022
Uprightness100:
Very Serious blasphemy! Comparing JESUS to a mere man is the highest form of blasphemy.
But we don't fight for GOD. HE Fights for us. We only Admonish people on who HE is. When you refuse, you will meet with Him when you cross over.

JESUS Christ is GOD!
Can you listen to what you are saying? Does common sense appear in that? You called someone God and you still said he is Son of God
And this man called Jesus keep letting you know that he has a father in heaven
And he told you he is the truth and no one can get to his father's house except through him, please in what way has he called himself God to you.
The problem is that most of you guys have been brain washed so you can't just think with your common sense.
Jesus is a prophet, Muhammad (s.a.w) is also a prophet and God is one, we only serve him in different way

1 Like

Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Aboki99(m): 2:56pm On May 17, 2022
muzeze77:
Read the bible, he was sent ,he is a messenger of God

Matthew 10:40

“He who receives you receives Me, and he who receives Me receives Him who sent Me.

John 5:24
“Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

John 5:30
I can do nothing on My own initiative. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is just, because I do not seek My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.

John 7:33
Therefore Jesus said, “For a little while longer I am with you, then I go to Him who sent Me.

The man has made it clear he was sent (Said this 21 times) , why are you stubborn to think he is God

God bless you. Chiritians are mumus.
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Iliyasdass(m): 2:57pm On May 17, 2022
Uprightness100:

JESUS Christ is GOD!

He is God and He is the son of God?

Listen to yourself again grin grin grin
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Neyoosha007(m): 2:57pm On May 17, 2022
dogwen:

God punish you and your entire generation. who are you to tell me about the One who I believe in. YOU HAVE BLASPHEMED AGAINST MY RELIGION. Jesus is not a prophet. He is God.
Jesus Christ isn’t God, He’s a supernatural, he’s the light, he’s the way
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by brightalo1010: 2:58pm On May 17, 2022
lexy2014:

Is that so? But how do u explain this?:

John 1
King James Version
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Are you confuse or what? The post is about calling Jesus prophet which I sent to you that his own people he chose that worked, sleep, and dinned with him also called him and you did not dispute it opoooo.

Let me ask you did they called him prophet or not? What you posted does it in anyway proof that his own chosen people never called him prophet?

Another one why is it at a point we will say Jesus is God and another place we said he was sent by God, does it mean God asked himself who shall I send and also provided himself to be sent? Does it mean God has tasted death? Who was the father Jesus kept alking about?
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Elidrisy20: 2:59pm On May 17, 2022
Olodo pastor, go burn am
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by prizeless(m): 3:00pm On May 17, 2022
Blasphemy
OBALOLA55:
JESUS IS NOTHING BUT A PROPHET AND MESSENGER OF GOD, STOP MISLEADING PEOPLE MR MAN angry
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by lexy2014: 3:00pm On May 17, 2022
brightalo1010:

Are you confuse or what? The post is about calling Jesus prophet which I sent to you that his own people he chose that worked, sleep, and dinned with him also called him and you did not dispute it opoooo.

Let me ask you did they called him prophet or not? What you posted does it in anyway proof that his own chosen people never called him prophet?

Another one why is it at a point we will say Jesus is God and another place we said he was sent by God, does it mean God asked himself who shall I send and also provided himself to be sent? Does it mean God has tasted death? Who was the father Jesus kept alking about?

But how do u explain this?:

John 1
King James Version

Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by prizeless(m): 3:00pm On May 17, 2022
Blasphemy
DryMouth:
So who was Jesus?

All these men of "God" shuld jst shut the hell up.

From all the doings of Jesus as portrayed by the bible, Jesus is simply a prophet.
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by prizeless(m): 3:01pm On May 17, 2022
Blasphemy
muzeze77:
Read the bible, he was sent ,he is a messenger of God

Matthew 10:40

“He who receives you receives Me, and he who receives Me receives Him who sent Me.

John 5:24
“Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

John 5:30
I can do nothing on My own initiative. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is just, because I do not seek My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.

John 7:33
Therefore Jesus said, “For a little while longer I am with you, then I go to Him who sent Me.

The man has made it clear he was sent (Said this 21 times) , why are you stubborn to think he is God

Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by J3susFr3ak: 3:01pm On May 17, 2022
currentflow:
How is a god the son of a god

Am confused

Are you Human? Are you not also a son of human too?

The only Living Entity that can have the same NATURE and QUALITY as GOD is the very Word of GOD. Word here does not mean just spoken Words and Letters....In the Bible, Logos or Divine Word transcends to being the very Mind and core nature of God the Father.

When that same Word became a human being to die for the sins of mankind....He had to be the Son of God since He carried the same Divine Nature in its fullness even as a Human being. So Jesus is also aptly called the Son of the Living God.
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by brightalo1010: 3:02pm On May 17, 2022
lexy2014:

But how do u explain this?:

John 1
King James Version

Explain this first because it came first.

Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by prizeless(m): 3:02pm On May 17, 2022
Blasphemy
englishmart:
Muhammad is dead and gone, just like everyone who once walked the earth. Nothing spectacular about the truculent jihadist.

Every sane person who is alive currently is far better than Michael Faraday, Einstein, Maria Curie, Shakespeare, Abraham Lincoln, Mandela, Muhammad.
Foolishness is not enough to make you kill a living being because of a long decayed piece of mud. It takes an epitomy of idiocy to be that barbaric and hopelessly outdated
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by prizeless(m): 3:02pm On May 17, 2022
Blasphemy
Lepon02:
What is this ignorant pastor talking about?

Abi oti ya werey ni?
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by bigtt76(f): 3:03pm On May 17, 2022
Ona don start? Jesus himself asked the disciples who people think he was and who they themselves think he is. This means he means differently to people the only thing is the acknowledgment

TMSMedia:

https://igberetvnews.com/1420141/blasphemy-pastor-yinka-yusuf-faults-president-buhari-referring-jesus-prophet-video/
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by bigtt76(f): 3:04pm On May 17, 2022
Oya naaa go Aso Rock go fight angry

Uprightness100:

JESUS Christ is GOD!
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Cloud007: 3:07pm On May 17, 2022
SARSCoV2:
Seems I am getting confused at this point.

Is Jesus not a prophet?
Jesus is not a prophet. Jesus is Almighty God. Jesus is the Father, Jesus is the Son, Jesus is the Spirit. Read John very well. But first pay attention to John 1 .1.

Peace
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Youngjohnosas: 3:07pm On May 17, 2022
Corporate2020:

I beg, who called Jesus God there? Was it God himself? Was it Moses, Elisha, Elijah, Samuel, or any of the known Prophets? Or was it one of the fake prophets that rose after the death of Jesus?
you see your life and you want us to believe a paedophile and rapist Muhammad who was born 500 years after the birth and death of Christ is the genuine prophet.

Muha mad who couldn't control his sexual urge, a thief that looted others is the real prophet.muhammad whose lifestyle was directly opposite of the lifestyle of Jesus, Jesus saw the little children as pure in heart Muhammad slept with a minor, Jesus was never a war monger Muhammad was a terrorist and lover of wars, Jesus Christ frowned against Polygamy yet Muhammad couldn't control his sexual urge at the sight of women.
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by iramure(m): 3:08pm On May 17, 2022
YahooG:
Religion is a virus,and a black man's pandemic,remove religion from Nigeria,both Christians and Muslims and see good progress with unity!
As Good and your suggestion sound, Nigeria mega pastor and imams will vehemently oppose you because you are taking away thier source of livelihood.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! / Free Sex Is Not Free: A Warning For Guys - Sunday Akanni Moshood / Apostle Suleman Vs Stephanie Otobo: When You Lie Against God's Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.