Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,385 members, 7,861,059 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:35 PM

What Is The Meaning Of Ode Chukwu? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Meaning Of Ode Chukwu? (9334 Views)

Onyebuchi Chukwu Decamps From PDP To APC / Lawani, Ode, Agada, Decamp To APC (photos) / Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu Resigns As Minister Of Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Ode Chukwu? by mimifonwon(f): 1:25pm On May 02, 2012
FOr all you idiots and church rats, I noticed you people like to get tribal too fast. One single question and its the igo/yoruba/hausa vs eachother,esp. the igbo/yorubas, sometimes you people just piss me off and i get disappointed that i have kinship with you people. First of all Ude can mean so many things in igbo depending on how you say it, but in this context, Udechukwu means the anointed on of God. Ude= kam nte ya ude= let me anoint him. Ode is also in the igbo dictionary, but i havent seen it used in this context. Its mostly used by certain igbo people,mainly delta and rivers, especially in names like odera, odenigbo, etc. Its sad that i come here all the time and igbo and yoruba are at eachother's neck. By the way goodluck is an ijaw man because his father is an ijaw man. He gets his middle igbo names from his mother's side. In Nigeria, and in most tribes, a child belongs to their father's family,not the mothers, but in Igboland though its a partriachal society, their is the believe that mother is superior, so by default because his mother is our kinswomen and in igbo we say "mere umunne" in Igbo land we have to protect him as a mother protects her child. So with that said, make una all sharap and find something better to do,as for me I dey head to work. Happy hump day. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Torrential Rain Paralyses Activities In Ibadan / Sheriff ‘to Lead’ PDP For Three Months / Breaking: US Govt Wants Dialogue Between FG And IPOB Before Further Support

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.