Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,686 members, 7,820,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It (43946 Views)

Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder / My Husband Uses Charm On Me, I Always Faint During Sex – Wife / I Can't Stand My Wife's Unhygienic Habits. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by naijaclass(m): 7:10pm On May 18, 2022
This life no just balance, but just keep pushing and believing you will soon get there

2 Likes

Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by pedrilo: 7:11pm On May 18, 2022
You're a bastard just like one of my elder brothers.
Na hungry go kill una las Las

4 Likes

Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by ImaIma1(f): 7:11pm On May 18, 2022
So if you get a job and your superior is younger than you, you will quit the job? Or when you get to the office, you will expect him/she to greet you first because you are older.

If you are looking for that kind of respect, you should consider relocating to your village where the kids and younger ones will call you bros and uncle.

1 Like

Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by Bruno3000(m): 7:13pm On May 18, 2022
Easier said than done. It ain't easy sometimes the anger comes naturally.
ShenTeh:

Bitterness is a disease.

I strongly recommend that you consider humbling yourself and stop being broke and proud. We are no longer in the agrarian societies where wealth and wisdom come with age.

Because bitterness has the capacity to bind and blind, you won't be able to see and loosen up towards those who can be of help to your destiny, simply because you think they don't deserve any better.

It's not your world. It's everyone's and it doesn't matter who gets it first, it goes round if we are around for some time.

1 Like

Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by LyfeJennings(m): 7:13pm On May 18, 2022
YoudeyVexme:
Someone who Just did youth service already got a high paying job in nppc, while me that have graduated Since 2010 still struggling to feed from hand to mouth, no properties no thing to call my own. Meanwhile a cousin of mine already own 2 houses this boy I used to dash him 20naira for busicuit early 2008 when I visit my aunty, now he's 22.

Once you asked them for help and they give you once, they won't want to give you again. My heart's boil so hot whenever I see them on wheels driving expensive cars, A boy who doesn't know anything about life is already married with kid on the way. It wasn't like This when I was in my 20s, back then, we had to labour hard...farming, fishing and the rest to make ends meet..

Imagine, I had to go for house hunting last week and we had to wait for the owner of the compound, he arrived a young man expecting me to greet him first. I just called the agent I wasn't interested.. somebody that can't drag age with my youngest brother.

I can relate but my guy, no hold am against them
Just dey hopeful
E go reach ur turn someday too
Too some people, U self will be like a young rich idiot
My brother, no too reason am
Ur own blessing self dey come
Peace
Love!
Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by Anaerobi(m): 7:14pm On May 18, 2022
This young man needs help, some of you are busy insulting him
Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by gaby(m): 7:15pm On May 18, 2022
tshtsh:
Please stop being bitter. A lot of people are bitter like this but truth is you cant stop some people from being successful. It is just not possible. Instead you can learn from them.

When I started out as a youth corper in 2015 I got a software engineering job from an organization that really wanted to hire me but were constrained because I did not have the NYSC certificate. To get a hold of me they offered me a consultancy position from which I was making some good money. I was attending meetings with them at OEM offices, bank HQs and also designing/implementing some of their software products which they were selling to banks.

The funny thing was that I had a friend who was a civil servant and told me that I was now in Nigeria & advised me to forget all that software non-sense. That he can't even give out his daughter to any man that builds websites for a living. I tried to explain the difference between software applications and websites/webpages. He told me that any job outside the federal government is rubbish.

By my second month as a youth corper I had furnished my apartment fully. As a 23 year old with no responsibility I use to go to accra or abuja for some weekends from Lagos and also went on vacation to Barcelona during my service year. A lot of family members were questioning my source of income. Two weeks after completing NYSC the company I was consulting for made me an offer for a fulltime position & I paid down 3.5M for a car. I had been saving all through but wanted to be sure that they'll make me a fulltime offer before doing some things. Tongues were still all over the place. The friend that rubbished my profession was now also borrowing money from me. Family members were also gossiping all over the place.

I eventually left my first employer to one of his clients who poached me for some better pay/working condition. While working as a software engineer at my new place I went out of my way to learn new technologies that weren't even in use in Nigeria. With that I was able to land remote jobs after two years & as the naira got devalued my income improved because I was earning euros from a company in Malta and later Germany.

I got fed up with being in Nigeria and applied for the Canadian PR through express entry and was selected to apply for permanent residence. I eventually got the application approved, bought a Canadian number online and started applying for jobs from my home in Lagos. I was using the number I bought to communicate with employers. I got a software engineering job, accepted it and landed in Canada a few days before the job start date. Even in Canada some Nigerians I know were angry that I just landed and started working in my field four days after when they have been here for months without a job.

The bottom-line of this my short writing is that some people need to position themselves better and not accept anything they are told. I was told I have to teach in a school as a youth corper. I was also told by family members that most people that got jobs recently in the family were assisted by this particular uncle who was well connected & I should get close to him so he will help me. I was also told that I couldn't get a job paying me more than 20k during my service year. I was told I couldn't get a remote job in Europe as a Nigerian. I was told I wouldn't be able to get permanent residency in canada easily. I was told nobody will give me a job if I was outside canada. I was told so many things but I always felt I was greater than what people thought about me so it is not my fault that they are angry. They just lack the confidence and information at my disposal to take them out of the shell.

I encourage you to focus on your race and stop getting annoyed over another man's journey

This is my story....lol

It often sounds and reads like some fable but nothing can be truer because I am a witness.

It takes a truly positive and grateful mind to key into thos and see results.

Congratulations and keep it up.

Impossible is nothing!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by Nobody: 7:15pm On May 18, 2022
Saw this story on facebook today
Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by Slynation(m): 7:15pm On May 18, 2022
YoudeyVexme:
Someone who Just did youth service already got a high paying job in nppc, while me that have graduated Since 2010 still struggling to feed from hand to mouth, no properties no thing to call my own. Meanwhile a cousin of mine already own 2 houses this boy I used to dash him 20naira for busicuit early 2008 when I visit my aunty, now he's 22.

Once you asked them for help and they give you once, they won't want to give you again. My heart's boil so hot whenever I see them on wheels driving expensive cars, A boy who doesn't know anything about life is already married with kid on the way. It wasn't like This when I was in my 20s, back then, we had to labour hard...farming, fishing and the rest to make ends meet..

Imagine, I had to go for house hunting last week and we had to wait for the owner of the compound, he arrived a young man expecting me to greet him first. I just called the agent I wasn't interested.. somebody that can't drag age with my youngest brother.
One of your post said you don't have a certificate, so how come you graduated in 2010, anyways...

A wise man once told me "Keep clapping for others until it gets to your turn"

1 Like

Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by ATTemi: 7:16pm On May 18, 2022
You're a f*****g sadist!
Slynation:
One of your post said you don't have a certificate
YoudeyVexme:

Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by ocelot2006(m): 7:17pm On May 18, 2022
Bros, you have the wrong attitude. A few advices:

1. We all run different races. We all won't be successful at the same time. That yours is taking a bit longer doesn't mean that it won't come. Just continue to work hard and smart, and trust in God. Your time will DEFINITELY come.

2. Change your poor attitude. Celebrate with others when they succeed, no matter how young (as long as it is legitimate). One day you will also be celebrated.

Your time will come.
Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by Brownshoe: 7:18pm On May 18, 2022
Op na cruise, he just wanted you to comment.
Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by moneyissweet(m): 7:21pm On May 18, 2022
You want to know the truth? You have a very bad mind,you are evil.

You are your own problem.

Sorry,you can't make it. Financial Blessing hardly to people like you.

YoudeyVexme:

Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by offset67(m): 7:21pm On May 18, 2022
YoudeyVexme:

na Ogun go kill you in Jesus name amen
Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by Ombudsman1: 7:22pm On May 18, 2022
VILLAGE PEOPLE PERSONIFIED.
Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by emmanuelbrown26: 7:23pm On May 18, 2022
Oju4190:
lol.....Una nor go fit kill me for dis forum ...lwkmd
He is damn frustrated, yahoo no work for am, learn work no work, na insult go work for am

1 Like

Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by Raxxye(m): 7:24pm On May 18, 2022
YoudeyVexme:

Lol.
Guy, u have chop winch! grin
Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by moneyissweet(m): 7:24pm On May 18, 2022
Dude is a motherfuker

StrongAlphMale:
You're a mumu man.

If young people success annoys you. It is a sign that you'll soon die!!!!

Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by emmanuelbrown26: 7:26pm On May 18, 2022
InoGetJoy:

That's why he's poor. He has a poor mindset, and poor manners. It's terrible. You asked him a simple question and see the kinda response he gave
Don't d frustrated yahoo boy
Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by emmanuelbrown26: 7:27pm On May 18, 2022
Ibkinter:

Pride and village peoe no go green am do anything for this life. It's not until you start disappearing that you qualify as a wizard, with this your attitude you be confirm winch
Frustrated yahoo boy, work en no wan work,
Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by Freelane33(m): 7:28pm On May 18, 2022
You go die trying . No cap
Change your goddam mindset bro
Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by jehoha696(m): 7:29pm On May 18, 2022
I juz pray make witchy pple no see u initiate sha,cuz u go use para finish all young & rich blood for ur village.

1 Like

Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by Xfemt(m): 7:32pm On May 18, 2022
No wonder you’re still poor and may gif not make you die poor

Three problem you have
1. You think because you finished from the university no one should be more than you
Oga at your age you should know no be who start race de first finish
2. You are too proud, there are people older than tinubu and buhari combine but them de loyal just to be were they re today
3. Your mind set is evil and you have to change
If you no happy for another man success bro sorry you will never be successful and even if you become successful you won’t love long if I de lie ask Pete edochie

A word is enough for the wise
Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by izzy4shizzy(m): 7:33pm On May 18, 2022
Imagine op in the police force.

Tufiakwa
Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by YourFavorite21(m): 7:34pm On May 18, 2022
With this your bad attitude ,you will keep driving away people that are willing to help you.

Walk on yourself bro.
Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by Shedrill(m): 7:34pm On May 18, 2022
Well my young cousin of 26 bought a toyota spyder last month, i met with him on tuesday this week by chance. I was thrilled, happy and above all MOTIVATED cos he was flat broke when i met him last year.
Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by franchasofficia: 7:35pm On May 18, 2022
YoudeyVexme:

Eh yaah, its well.

But always remember we are all created differently with different grace, timing and destiny.

Some will start very well early, continue well, and finish well.

Some will start very late, continue late and finish very well.

Some will start very fast, continue fast and end badly.

Let me use myself as example, I started excellently from school, finished well but things turned sour after NYSC and I watched my mates that I was better than academically excelling, touring the world, building houses, getting married and it was as if my life was in reverse gear. I persevered and just like Jennyclay said, I diversified and kind of overlooked white collar jobs and focused on personal skill development and entrepreneurship and gradually with time my story changed completely beyond imagination.

I overtook some of my mates that went so farther ahead of me within a short period of time. I got married to a wonderful lady, had an amazing son.

I also have some siblings that had similar or worst experience than mine and some that were exceptionally successful from early age.

I also have friends who experienced a tougher beginning than mine and today some are super successful and even being used as example for others.

All these life experiences have taught me some hard truth about life that its not about who started first, its about how well you end up. And for you to end well in this journey of life, you must be happy with other people's success, that was one great thing about me back in my days of struggling.

I used to be the towncrier that announce other people's success and breakthrough with joy. It gave me joy to hear that this friend or classmate or course mate or neighbor had a breakthrough. So try and cultivate the habit of celebrating other people's success even if its naturally difficult for you, just learn it as a preparation for your own future success and good news okay? You can learn to celebrate others through personal prayer and studying God's words, and by reading stories of great people that had small beginning.

Don't give up. Life generally is difficult for most Nigerians, especially those born into poor, average and middleclass families, so you are not alone. Don't be surprised that 80% or more of Nairalanders reading your post are in worst situation than yours but what keeps them moving is the hope of a greater future.

Keep your hope alive.

If you can, explore opportunities to travel out of Nigeria, it really helped millions of Nigerians who would have died wretched in Nigeria, so when you see such opportunities try them out while pushing here in Nigeria.

May the good Lord in His infinite mercies forgive your shortcomings and show you mercy and favour.

5 Likes

Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by Nyanabo(m): 7:35pm On May 18, 2022
Well you've stated your problem. Your are you own problem.

When you fail to rejoice with people that are rejoicing how do you expect joy to come into your own home? undecided

You are bittered. First forgive yourself before anything else.
Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by mayorkent(m): 7:36pm On May 18, 2022
Lol, what did I just read .
Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by Nobody: 7:38pm On May 18, 2022
I'm very happy to see young people progress. What I'm not happy about is the economic difficulty and satanic trend that is pushing some of our youths into getting rich in the wrong ways such as rituals, Yahoo , kidnapping etc. Even a young graduate or undergraduate legitimately making like 200k monthly can't even compete with one small 17 yrs old Yahoo boy that is picking like 10k dollars almost every now and then. The life don really spoil, but everybody should choose their path and focus on their own life

1 Like

Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by deebrain(m): 7:38pm On May 18, 2022
You better seek help.
Re: Young People's Success Annoys Me, I Can't Help It by ugolightswel1: 7:39pm On May 18, 2022
YoudeyVexme:

Is your problem being angry that you dont like young ones success.

or because you don't have a job.
listen to me if you are the type that people's success annoye's not even only young ones

it's not possible for you to find anything good to be successful for.

You're even proud to bear it here as your username. my friend parkwell

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

I Will Never Allow Peace To Reign In My Family / Uk-based Nigerian Wife Attacks Husband’s Sidechick With Bleach / Man Loses His Father And Shop To Ochanja Market, Onitsha Fire (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.