Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,100 members, 7,818,289 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Is There Any Nigerian Girl That Prefers Flowers To Money As Gifts - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is There Any Nigerian Girl That Prefers Flowers To Money As Gifts (2812 Views)

Am I The Only One That Prefers Mouth Gig To Real Sex? / My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills / "I Started Growing Breasts At 7"-Busty Nigerian Girl On Her Challenge (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Any Nigerian Girl That Prefers Flowers To Money As Gifts by Goldbw122(m): 9:26pm On May 18, 2022
guobe:
money is the root of all evil and can never be love
Everybody need the root of all evil to survive, so that is life.
Re: Is There Any Nigerian Girl That Prefers Flowers To Money As Gifts by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 18, 2022
guobe:
Down in the states,most white girls and black American girls prefer flowers as gifts than money.I keep wondering is there any Nigerian girl that prefers flowers to monetary gifts.just pondering.

It doesnt matter what you give Nigerian ladies they are always ungrateful...take a look at the little brats showing their entitled selves in the thread as proof

3 Likes

Re: Is There Any Nigerian Girl That Prefers Flowers To Money As Gifts by Cutehector(m): 11:19pm On May 18, 2022
Poverty dey cause am..
Re: Is There Any Nigerian Girl That Prefers Flowers To Money As Gifts by guobe: 4:07am On May 19, 2022
Goldbw122:

Everybody need the root of all evil to survive, so that is life.
for real,somehow true but there are more significant things than money in life.
Re: Is There Any Nigerian Girl That Prefers Flowers To Money As Gifts by guobe: 4:09am On May 19, 2022
sollolucci77:

It doesnt matter what you give Nigerian ladies they are always ungrateful...take a look at the little brats showing their entitled selves in the thread as proof
It is good the Nigerian girls mentality is changed.They should know that they can work hard and have all they want for themselves instead of being dependent on others.
Re: Is There Any Nigerian Girl That Prefers Flowers To Money As Gifts by guobe: 4:10am On May 19, 2022
Cutehector:
Poverty dey cause am..
sort of but there is more to it.
Re: Is There Any Nigerian Girl That Prefers Flowers To Money As Gifts by Twoclans(f): 5:49am On May 19, 2022
Cutehector:
Poverty dey cause am..

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Nigerian Girl That Prefers Flowers To Money As Gifts by Cutehector(m): 5:50am On May 19, 2022
[quote author=Twoclans post=112967356][/quote]lack of exposure too.
Re: Is There Any Nigerian Girl That Prefers Flowers To Money As Gifts by Twoclans(f): 5:54am On May 19, 2022
Cutehector:
lack of exposure too.

Exposure on the ladies part or on the guys part?

Cutehector take it easy on my gender.
Re: Is There Any Nigerian Girl That Prefers Flowers To Money As Gifts by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:57am On May 19, 2022
Flower to money. No matter how expensive the flower reach She will hate you if you give her
Re: Is There Any Nigerian Girl That Prefers Flowers To Money As Gifts by Cutehector(m): 5:58am On May 19, 2022
Twoclans:

Exposure on the ladies part or on the guys part?

Cutehector take it easy on my gender.
shuo.. Man go expensive store go buy flowers deliver to lady, lady no sabi interior decor, see flower carry am dump .... No be lack of exposure be that? She come say no be flower wey she go chop, no be hunger be that?

Behave cheesy
Re: Is There Any Nigerian Girl That Prefers Flowers To Money As Gifts by guobe: 6:04am On May 19, 2022
Cutehector:
shuo.. Man go expensive store go buy flowers deliver to lady, lady no sabi interior decor, see flower carry am dump .... No be lack of exposure be that? She come say no be flower wey she go chop, no be hunger be that?

Behave cheesy
lol no be small thing
Re: Is There Any Nigerian Girl That Prefers Flowers To Money As Gifts by Twoclans(f): 6:08am On May 19, 2022
Cutehector:

Behave cheesy

Lol

Oya na buy me flowers I promise I wont use it to make egusi soup , but it must be white and red roses. grin
Re: Is There Any Nigerian Girl That Prefers Flowers To Money As Gifts by Icebreeze(m): 6:08am On May 19, 2022
Most of the ladies out there are into some relationship because of the benefits attached to it.

Couple of weeks ago I meant this lady that I do talk to Sha not that we have anything going on between us.
Just causal friends.

I was at her place when her phone was busy ringing for almost 4 times all she could do is to silent her phone, and urge me to continue with the gist.
I was a bit uncomfortable and ask her to pick the call and that I am fine with it.

She told me not to worry about it and I had to ask her if she was having issues with him they should settle it amicably.

And boom there she goes saying
Some people because they have money they think they can treat you anyhow bla bla bla.... Is not as if I am not working that he thinks I am relying on his financial help. Bla bla bla.....

I asked her if he is her boyfriend and she told mm-hmm something of such that she is having him around just in case if she will be ask to bring her boyfriend she could have someone to present.
That he needs her attention on bed and she is not ready for that tonight and besides she called it off with him the last time they were together.
And she went further to tell me that is not like she love him self.

I was shocked and confused like if you don't love someone why playing with his emotions just because of what you have to gain in the relationship.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Nigerian Girl That Prefers Flowers To Money As Gifts by Cutehector(m): 6:13am On May 19, 2022
Twoclans:

Lol

Oya na buy me flowers I promise I wont use it to make egusi soup , but it must be white and red roses. grin

how do i deliver it?
Re: Is There Any Nigerian Girl That Prefers Flowers To Money As Gifts by guobe: 6:19am On May 19, 2022
Icebreeze:
Most of the ladies out there are into some relationship because of the benefits attached to it.

Couple of weeks ago I meant this lady that I do talk to Sha not that we have anything going on between us.
Just causal friends.

I was at her place when her phone was busy ringing for almost 4 times all she could do is to silent her phone, and urge me to continue with the gist.
I was a bit uncomfortable and ask her to pick the call and I am fine with it.

She told me not to worry about it and I had to ask her if she was having issues with him they should settle it amicably.

And boom there she goes saying
Some people because they have money they think they can treat you anyhow bla bla bla.... Is not as if I am not working that he thinks I am relying on his financial help. Bla bla bla.....

I asked her if he is her boyfriend and she told mm-hmm something of such that she is having him around just in case if she will be ask to bring her boyfriend she could have someone to present.
That he needs her attention on bed and she is not ready for that tonight and besides she called it off with him the last time they were together.
And she went further to tell me that is not like she love him self.

I was shocked and confused like if you don't love someone why playing with his emotions just because of what you have to gain in the relationship.
In Nigeria most of the relationships are not based on true love.Most girls just want to get married because they see their friends getting married too even if they don't even like the guy so far he has money to take care of them.you will ask them what are you doing now,they will tell you I am married now.That is the mentality and its really appaling.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Nigerian Girl That Prefers Flowers To Money As Gifts by Dorwadora(f): 8:00am On May 19, 2022
Cutehector:
lack of exposure too.
Excuse me but what exposure are you talking about?

The way we Africans are trying so hard to be Westernized is quite alarming sad. In the general history of the Europeans and Americans Flowers can be call a culture there. It's a general way of expressing emotions.... Even emotions that are not close to Romance.

And in the history of Nigeria/Africa culture..... I've never heard anytime our ancestors went to the bush to gather a bunch of fine plant and present them as a token of love. Gifts that are more worthy were given. Hunted game meat, clothes, jewelry and likes of those were the norms. Not Flowers.

It even seem that some people hate their black skin because the things I'm reading on this thread is disturbing.

While Flowers is to the West and Europe.... Coffee is the way romance is showed at Turkey. A wife can divorce her husband if he refuse to serve her coffee at Turkey. So according to you now, Since girls here lack exposure.... are you suggesting that Nigerians should start to present Coffee as a token of love. Or they should not because the Americans wokeness is more superior.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There Any Nigerian Girl That Prefers Flowers To Money As Gifts by pocohantas(f): 9:07am On May 19, 2022
They are cute, but after the pictures, they die off. Not forgetting they are unnecessarily expensive in Nigeria. I am worried about the waste of funds for something that has a lifespan of max a week. Except he is such a rich guy that such waste wouldn’t trump the aesthetics and bourgeois it comes with. Then fine.

However, if your girl is using rubber-band to hold her phone and you go buy flowers of 50k for her, it is safe to say you have mis-gifted.

I like them, though I would go for artificial flowers that I can use to decorate my space. Artificial flowers I have gotten.

To your question: I have never loved money gifts, I find them very simplistic and unmemorable. I also do not prefer flowers to money. I would sure pick any other thoughtful gift over a fresh flower. Even a mortar would be more appreciated.

3 Likes

Re: Is There Any Nigerian Girl That Prefers Flowers To Money As Gifts by Bashnigga(m): 9:13am On May 19, 2022
Their usual reply "Na flower i go chop"

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Nigerian Girl That Prefers Flowers To Money As Gifts by guobe: 9:34am On May 19, 2022
Dorwadora:
Excuse me but what exposure are you talking about?

The way we Africans are trying so hard to be Westernized is quite alarming sad. In the general history of the Europeans and Americans Flowers can be call a culture there. It's a general way of expressing emotions.... Even emotions that are not close to Romance.

And in the history of Nigeria/Africa culture..... I've never heard anytime our ancestors went to the bush to gather a bunch of fine plant and present them as a token of love. Gifts that are more worthy were given. Hunted game meat, clothes, jewelry and likes of those were the norms. Not Flowers.

It even seem that some people hate their black skin because the things I'm reading on this thread is disturbing.

While Flowers is to the West and Europe.... Coffee is the way romance is showed at Turkey. A wife can divorce her husband if he refuse to serve her coffee at Turkey. So according to you now, Since girls here lack exposure.... are you suggesting that Nigerians should start to present Coffee as a token of love. Or they should not because the Americans wokeness is more superior.
okay you want to go back to the ways of our forefathers abi,hope you will not be angry if your husband choose to Yul Edochie you by marrying more than one wife or wives as the case may be.The world is being westernised and that's the way to go .
Re: Is There Any Nigerian Girl That Prefers Flowers To Money As Gifts by guobe: 9:36am On May 19, 2022
Lvgirl:

Flowers are for ladies raised in an ideal society.
What will an hungry girl do with flower
The mindset of any person I think is what matters,people are still hungry in western countries also but do cherish little things.
Re: Is There Any Nigerian Girl That Prefers Flowers To Money As Gifts by guobe: 9:38am On May 19, 2022
Bashnigga:
Their usual reply "Na flower i go chop"
They should work and chop

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Nigerian Girl That Prefers Flowers To Money As Gifts by Truvelisback(m): 9:39am On May 19, 2022
guobe:
Down in the states,most white girls and black American girls prefer flowers as gifts than money.I keep wondering is there any Nigerian girl that prefers flowers to monetary gifts.just pondering.
The only Nigerian lady that accepted flowers died in 1902.

Re: Is There Any Nigerian Girl That Prefers Flowers To Money As Gifts by guobe: 9:44am On May 19, 2022
pocohantas:
They are cute, but after the pictures, they die off. Not forgetting they are unnecessarily expensive in Nigeria. I am worried about the waste of funds for something that has a lifespan of max a week. Except he is such a rich guy that such waste wouldn’t trump the aesthetics and bourgeois it comes with. Then fine.

However, if your girl is using rubber-band to hold her phone and you go buy flowers of 50k for her, it is safe to say you have mis-gifted.

I like them, though I would go for artificial flowers that I can use to decorate my space. Artificial flowers I have gotten.

To your question: I have never loved money gifts, I find them very simplistic and unmemorable. I also do not prefer flowers to money. I would sure pick any other thoughtful gift over a fresh flower. Even a mortar would be more appreciated.
Nice one but ladies should know that they can work and get anything they want.If you already have the money any gift will certainly be appreciated.
Re: Is There Any Nigerian Girl That Prefers Flowers To Money As Gifts by Dorwadora(f): 9:45am On May 19, 2022
guobe:
okay you want to go back to the ways of our forefathers abi,hope you will not be angry if your husband choose to Yul Edochie you by marrying more than one wife or wives as the case may be.The world is being westernised and that's the way to go .
Being westernized is your way to go not all the world... While change is constant, some change must be objected. I'm an African and in my next life.... I'll love to be an African.

Like @pocohantas said earlier and I also mentioned... Bouquet don't last long.... They are mostly one week thing and they wither away. A plastic flower will be more valuable, they'll give more colour to the room.

Or potted plants... At least I'll know I'm getting free clean oxygen with those ones.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Nigerian Girl That Prefers Flowers To Money As Gifts by guobe: 9:58am On May 19, 2022
Dorwadora:
Being westernized is your way to go not all the world... While change is constant, some change must be objected. I'm an African and in my next life.... I'll love to be an African.

Like @pocohantas said earlier and I also mentioned... Bouquet don't last long.... They are mostly one week thing and they wither away. A plastic flower will be more valuable, they'll give more colour to the room.

Or potted plants... At least I'll know I'm getting free clean oxygen with those ones.
An African man loves several wives too,hope you won't also be annoyed with a Yul Edochie treatment.And for plastic flowers or the other,both have their unique features so far they are flowers.
Re: Is There Any Nigerian Girl That Prefers Flowers To Money As Gifts by Twoclans(f): 9:58am On May 19, 2022
Pocahontas , mortar ? Haba grin kuku kill me.
Re: Is There Any Nigerian Girl That Prefers Flowers To Money As Gifts by guobe: 10:00am On May 19, 2022
Twoclans:
me I tire o mortar lol na house girl go suffer de pound yam with the mortar lol
Re: Is There Any Nigerian Girl That Prefers Flowers To Money As Gifts by pocohantas(f): 10:00am On May 19, 2022
guobe:
Nice one but ladies should know that they can work and get anything they want.If you already have the money any gift will certainly be appreciated.

Any gift would be APPRECIATED, but I think every normal and wise human should strive to give gifts that are not just APPRECIATED, but USEFUL.

A friend bought me a coloured shoe despite knowing I don’t do colours. I APPRECIATED it. Then I worked and bought what I want as you have advised. Her gift has been on my shelf for 2 years- NEVER WORN, but APPRECIATED still. It is common sense really.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Any Nigerian Girl That Prefers Flowers To Money As Gifts by pocohantas(f): 10:02am On May 19, 2022
Twoclans:

Yes. I got a mortar gift. A big one. Everyone that has seen it is marveled at the size and beauty grin. I love it a lot and it cost just 7k. My friends know I love the kitchen. So they give me a lot of kitchen utensils.

I use it to pound palm fruit.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Nigerian Girl That Prefers Flowers To Money As Gifts by Ximenez(m): 10:03am On May 19, 2022
guobe:
Yes, if she's is rich and also not from a poor background.

Some poor Nigerian parents tell their female children not to return home after NYSC, what will those ones do with flowers?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Have Something For A Nairalander, I Want To Help You Today; Come In Here. / This Is The Darkest Aspects Of Female Psychology / In A Relationship,who Loves Who More(male Or Female)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.