Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,665 members, 7,813,229 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner (41043 Views)

Re 1: Wrong Credit Alert, How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner / I Got Credit Alert From A Loan App I Did Not Apply For (Photos) / Polaris Bank Refuse To Refund The Money They Debited From My Account. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by virginchaser(m): 7:57am On May 21, 2022
You should go to near by police station and document it and get a ref number for keep before doing anything about. If you are tempted to touch it, let majority be spend on charities.

1 Like

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by dnawah(m): 8:00am On May 21, 2022
bobchigar:
Hello Nairalanders.

I feel like seeking your advise about how I can accelerate the process of returning the money that I guess was wrongly transferred to my personal bank account.

About two months ago, I received credit alert of about ₦200k in one of my savings accounts. Based on the narration of the credit alert, it shows that It was done through ATM and I did not do any transaction to have been expecting such money.
I have been expecting to get alert for reversal of the transaction but the money is still sitting in my bank account.

I have also been expecting my banker to have contacted me for approval to reverse the transaction but I have not been contacted by my banker.

I was considering the option of complaining to my banker to trace the owner from their ends but some people discouraged me from doing so; stating that those bankers may conspire with someone and falsely claim the money.

I have been thinking of possibilities of tracing the owner by myself but credit alert did not state the details of the account from which the money was transferred to my bank account.

I am feeling concerned for the person who did the transfer because his fund has been tied down.

A banker told me that the owner must have complained to his/her bank but banks ways of attending to the customers complain is slow but definitely they will contact me for reversal.

Do I keep my fingers crossed and be expecting my banker to contact me for reversal approval?
or
Complain to my banker to help me locate the owner of the transaction?

Or any other suggestions will be welcome from you but my objective is to hasten process of returning the money to the true owner.

Thank you.
when they said your account will be credited on Facebook and you said AMEN, what r u expecting?
Note:
Don't said Amen to what you cannot handle.
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Pious101: 8:45am On May 21, 2022
bobchigar:
Hello Nairalanders.

I feel like seeking your advise about how I can accelerate the process of returning the money that I guess was wrongly transferred to my personal bank account.

About two months ago, I received credit alert of about ₦200k in one of my savings accounts. Based on the narration of the credit alert, it shows that It was done through ATM and I did not do any transaction to have been expecting such money.
I have been expecting to get alert for reversal of the transaction but the money is still sitting in my bank account.

I have also been expecting my banker to have contacted me for approval to reverse the transaction but I have not been contacted by my banker.

I was considering the option of complaining to my banker to trace the owner from their ends but some people discouraged me from doing so; stating that those bankers may conspire with someone and falsely claim the money.

I have been thinking of possibilities of tracing the owner by myself but credit alert did not state the details of the account from which the money was transferred to my bank account.

I am feeling concerned for the person who did the transfer because his fund has been tied down.

A banker told me that the owner must have complained to his/her bank but banks ways of attending to the customers complain is slow but definitely they will contact me for reversal.

Do I keep my fingers crossed and be expecting my banker to contact me for reversal approval?
or

Or any other suggestions will be welcome from you but my objective is to hasten process of returning the money to the true owner.

Thank you.
make sure u don't touch that money....it will definitely be traced. To hasten d process, go to d bank and request for the sender's details.
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:48am On May 21, 2022
bobchigar:
Hello Nairalanders.

or

Thank you.

Just wait, the owner will contact you eventually but if you think you’ll pinch the funds, report to your bank.
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by sunnx(f): 8:54am On May 21, 2022
Allow the money continue to rest in your account, when doing account reconciliation if found they will trace it and if found in your account definitely a call will be put actross to you on how to refund it or perhaps the rightful creditor will beg you for the refund through the account Officer. Still allow the cash in your account for now until demand beckons for it.

1 Like

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by bobchigar(m): 8:58am On May 21, 2022
dnawah:
when they said your account will be credited on Facebook and you said AMEN, what r u expecting?
Note:
Don't said Amen to what you cannot handle.

I am not the kind that answers such delusional prayers.

I pray for securing good job to earn fat pay, to secure highly profitable contacts, triumph on my legitimate business etc. but never prayed or will never pray for Just receiving credit alerts. Praying for miracle credit alerts is a deciet and it encourages laziness. Pray to God to bless your efforts to succeed.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by bobchigar(m): 9:12am On May 21, 2022
virginchaser:
You should go to near by police station and document it and get a ref number for keep before doing anything about. If you are tempted to touch it, let majority be spend on charities.

Thanks.I'm not tempted to touching it, and by God's grace I will not spend below my balance in that account.

iLoveYouToo:

Just wait, the owner will contact you eventually but if you think you’ll pinch the funds, report to your bank.
Thanks.
abbasajao:

Bro. Contract your bank. No bank official will conspire as the money will be reversed to where is coming from.. It could be that the owner has gone to the bank and complain and somebody in the bank is not doing his or her job. Just do your own. I know you have a good heart.
Ok. Thanks

sunnx:
Allow the money continue to rest in your account, when doing account reconciliation if found they will trace it and if found in your account definitely a call will be put actross to you on how to refund it or perhaps the rightful creditor will beg you for the refund through the account Officer. Still allow the cash in your account for now until demand beckons for it.
Noted. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Nobody: 9:18am On May 21, 2022
Am the owner of the money seriously
i may sue to court or report you to efcc if you dont return my money immediately
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by TAYO124: 9:31am On May 21, 2022
bobchigar:
Hello Nairalanders.

I was considering the option of complaining to my banker to trace the owner from their ple discouraged me from doing so; stating that those bankers may conspire with someone and falsely claim the money.

Thank you.

Ask for your account statement which covers the date of the said transfer, possibly the account information of the person will be revealed then you can return the money.
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by splashbaby(m): 11:22am On May 21, 2022
There still hope in this country

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by ukaface(f): 11:23am On May 21, 2022
bobchigar:

1. What is the exact amount?
2. What date did you do the transaction?
3. Which ATM did you use?
4. What is the name of the town where transaction took place?
5.Can you send me the debit alert?
Chai
Oil dey your head.

1 Like

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Blacksavage: 11:23am On May 21, 2022
Bro na God blessings for you ooh.. grin
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by wilroy: 11:24am On May 21, 2022
You sound like the very first holy person from Nigeria

Salute �

2 Likes

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Throwback: 11:24am On May 21, 2022
Zonefree:
I wonder how people pray for unmerited favour to locate them yet when it happens they begin to doubt the existence of the unmerited favour.

You are part of the problem of this world.

You mask sin and crime with grace and unmerited favour.

Your unrepentant soul is judged with damnation.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by organicfoods(m): 11:24am On May 21, 2022
You are very nice person. God bless you for this golden heart.

4 Likes

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by phemmyfour: 11:25am On May 21, 2022
bobchigar:
Hello Nairalanders.

or

Thank you.
Contact your bank, the sender probably didn't want to follow it up. The sender can even tell you to keep it
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by teeytimi: 11:25am On May 21, 2022
Zonefree:
I wonder how people pray for unmerited favour to locate them yet when it happens they begin to doubt the existence of the unmerited favour.
This is one of the reasons sey should introduce dislike button on nairaland.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by mannasseh(m): 11:26am On May 21, 2022
You write so well.

1 Like

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Blueelf: 11:26am On May 21, 2022
bobchigar:
I forgot to add, the money is not unmerited favour. Anything that one got which the true owners can be located or traceable for return is not unmerited favour.

It is just like you helped some one picked up his/ her lost phone. The true owner of the phone can be located. If one decided to keep it for ones use, it amount to theft.

The dude knows what to do. He is just not sure he wants to do the right thing

Simply go to your bank tomorrow and contact the customer service or call your banker. It's that simple

That money could be a fee for hospital bills or school fees. Don't let the devil tempt

3 Likes

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by 50d33q: 11:26am On May 21, 2022
You are a good man
God bless you for trying to locate the owner

3 Likes

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Nobody: 11:27am On May 21, 2022
Can someone tell him to refund my money
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Andytyx(m): 11:29am On May 21, 2022
Real good Samaritan

MAKE N10, 000 IN 20MINUTES

Today I want to feed you with information that you have been missing concerning how to make 10k and above in 20 minutes using PIGGYVEST Refer and Earn Program. Eh! Eh! Don't leave yet.

Those of you that have registered with them before will say; it's just 1k per referral na. But I tell you, keep your doubt aside because a lot of people are already smiling to the bank even as I am typing this article.

Don't rush yet to download piggyvest because you will not know how to activate your 10k unless I teach you how to.

Why I my sharing these? It is because when you get your 10k, I will also get mine instantly. And you can only get your 10k using my referral link, that is the reason I said earlier that you should not rush to Google play store and download yet.

Use the below Link and kick start immediately.

use PiggyVest to save & invest securely. Sign up with my link and get ₦1,000.00 to start your own savings journey - https://www.piggyvest.com/?newref=1&ref=7fb421ebe40222.

Whatsapp or call for more info 07026656641
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by cmecproblem(m): 11:29am On May 21, 2022
Your account officer will soon contact you. Happened to me.

1 Like

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Enumerator(m): 11:29am On May 21, 2022
cheesy
JAMO4REAL1:
Send me 5k pls if the yawa gas I will return it thank you 0227575583 wema bank
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Lightway: 11:29am On May 21, 2022
bobchigar:
Hello Nairalanders.

or

Thank you.

You're a thief and a criminal...

I hope you get arrested
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by thatigboman1: 11:30am On May 21, 2022
Op, whenever you receive a credit alert for funds you know nothing about, u alert your bank immediately. Fill form and have evidence that you contacted them and asked them to refund the money.
Police or EFCC may come and knock on your door 2moro, what will u say?

1 Like

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Ginomel(m): 11:30am On May 21, 2022
Zonefree:

Don't worry ,one day you will mistakenly empty your account mysteriously and use it to bless someone .Then you will understand the pain of the person that mistakenly transferred the money.

4 Likes

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by erico2k2(m): 11:30am On May 21, 2022
Zonefree:
This is no favour.if U ha e mistakenly paid money into soomone else's account your opinionion would be different.

2 Likes

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Alawode01(m): 11:31am On May 21, 2022
Don't discuss it with your bank yet until you have your account statement of sheet of that transaction, what just need to do is to request for the statement of account for just that week to avoid too much charges, you will definitely see the details of transaction by yourself before complain.
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Zonefree(m): 11:31am On May 21, 2022
Throwback:

You are part of the problem of this world.

You mask sin and crime with grace and unmerited favour.

Your unrepentant soul is judged with damnation.
Go fvck yourself dude!
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by SpiritualOT: 11:33am On May 21, 2022
Keep the money. Wait till the bank call you. Don't go to them. If you're broke. Take little from the money. You didn't kill anyone. But don't spend all in case they contact you.

If you're in need. You can take 20k from the money and return back. It's not a crime. Provided you appear to the bank when you're called.

1 Like

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by hope4nigeria(m): 11:33am On May 21, 2022
bobchigar:
Hello Nairalanders.

or

Thank you.
send it to me, I will help you locate the owner

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

“Nwa Boy”: Rising Dearth Of Apprenticeship In Nigeria / Tony Elumelu And Akon Pictured Together Enjoying Boat Cruise In Lagos / 40 Richest Men In Africa! New List!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.