Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner (41097 Views)

Re 1: Wrong Credit Alert, How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner / I Got Credit Alert From A Loan App I Did Not Apply For (Photos) / Polaris Bank Refuse To Refund The Money They Debited From My Account. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by oluplus(m): 12:06pm On May 21, 2022
bobchigar:
Hello Nairalanders.

I feel like seeking your advise about how I can accelerate the process of returning the money that I guess was wrongly transferred to my personal bank account.

About two months ago, I received credit alert of about ₦200k in one of my savings accounts. Based on the narration of the credit alert, it shows that It was done through ATM and I did not do any transaction to have been expecting such money.
I have been expecting to get alert for reversal of the transaction but the money is still sitting in my bank account.

I have also been expecting my banker to have contacted me for approval to reverse the transaction but I have not been contacted by my banker.
I was considering the option of complaining to my banker to trace the owner from their ends but some people discouraged me from doing so; stating that those bankers may conspire with someone and falsely claim the money.

I have been thinking of possibilities of tracing the owner by myself but credit alert did not state the details of the account from which the money was transferred to my bank account.

I am feeling concerned for the person who did the transfer because his fund has been tied down.

A banker told me that the owner must have complained to his/her bank but banks ways of attending to the customers complain is slow but definitely they will contact me for reversal.

Do I keep my fingers crossed and be expecting my banker to contact me for reversal approval?
or
Complain to my banker to help me locate the owner of the transaction?

Or any other suggestions will be welcome from you but my objective is to hasten process of returning the money to the true owner.

Thank you.

You are putting yourself in a dangerous position by keeping the money without any form of reporting. if the money was a proceed of crime, and it's traced to your account during investigation, you will held liable and you wont be justified for not touching the money.

My advise: Do an official e-mail to the customer care of your bank. Ask them to do their investigation and return the money to the sender's account, as you do not know him, neither are you expecting any inflow to your account. Also ask them to acknowledge your e-mail. By so doing, you have reported officially to the bank. Again, it will be difficult for any bank staff to divert the funds as the customer care will contact their domestic/payment support to do the needful. I see issue like these every now and then.

3 Likes

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Salihusaliheen(m): 12:11pm On May 21, 2022
Do business with it but don't chop it, before yawa gas u Don make profit
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by tosyn125(m): 12:13pm On May 21, 2022
Go to your bank but don't tell them it was a wrong credit, just tell you want to know who account the was transferred from cause you are expecting same amount from two people and but non of them had inform you of the transfer, you can one of the two people number is not reachable and the other person, u can can just call him because he wanted to help with it. Reason u want to be sure before u call anyone of them
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Throwback: 12:13pm On May 21, 2022
bobchigar:
I forgot to add, the money is not unmerited favour. Anything that one got which the true owners can be located or traceable for return is not unmerited favour.

It is just like you helped some one picked up his/ her lost phone. The true owner of the phone can be located. If one decided to keep it for ones use, it amount to theft.

You are a model citizen.

Keep it up.

1 Like

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by nengiscrib: 12:13pm On May 21, 2022
Not this type
Zonefree:
I wonder how people pray for unmerited favour to locate them yet when it happens they begin to doubt the existence of the unmerited favour.
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by graciamore(f): 12:15pm On May 21, 2022
one of my colleague at my school found dollars in one Ok cloth she bought the money is about a million naira when changed, she told the husband and they both returned it to the ok seller, she came to school and told us on Monday, we were all � angry at her..this is someone whose salary nis just 17k ohh..I personally don't like and will not take what is not mine, never!! but you see this one it could be blessings in disguise.
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by geosegun(m): 12:17pm On May 21, 2022
Zonefree:
I wonder how people pray for unmerited favour to locate them yet when it happens they begin to doubt the existence of the unmerited favour.

Not this kind. This is obvious stealing, if the money is not returned. God doesn’t bless this way.

Your comment above show massive demerit. Unfortunately, you will be at the fore front of people that are blaming politicians for embezzlement. What’s do we call the thought that you wrote above? Fraud!!!

The holy
Book advises that you should not withhold what is not yours and here you call it blessings? Some Nigerians and double standards! Oh my gosh!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by cedricksly: 12:20pm On May 21, 2022
Relax and do not spend the money, the person will come forward for refund, and the process might be freezing your account first and getting a call for a refund ... You report to your bank and they keep it for themselves...
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by JayromWrites: 12:22pm On May 21, 2022
bobchigar:
Hello Nairalanders.

I feel like seeking your advise about how I can accelerate the process of returning the money that I guess was wrongly transferred to my personal bank account.

About two months ago, I received credit alert of about ₦200k in one of my savings accounts. Based on the narration of the credit alert, it shows that It was done through ATM and I did not do any transaction to have been expecting such money.
I have been expecting to get alert for reversal of the transaction but the money is still sitting in my bank account.

I have also been expecting my banker to have contacted me for approval to reverse the transaction but I have not been contacted by my banker.

I was considering the option of complaining to my banker to trace the owner from their ends but some people discouraged me from doing so; stating that those bankers may conspire with someone and falsely claim the money.

I have been thinking of possibilities of tracing the owner by myself but credit alert did not state the details of the account from which the money was transferred to my bank account.

I am feeling concerned for the person who did the transfer because his fund has been tied down.

A banker told me that the owner must have complained to his/her bank but banks ways of attending to the customers complain is slow but definitely they will contact me for reversal.

Do I keep my fingers crossed and be expecting my banker to contact me for reversal approval?
or

Or any other suggestions will be welcome from you but my objective is to hasten process of returning the money to the true owner.

Thank you.

My simple advice is this, Don't withdraw that money

There is a case of a young man that received some amount of money in his account, he withdrew the money and renovated his house

After a month or so, he was arrested by the police, on interrogation, the guy said he felt it was MIRACLE MONEY naso dem follow am beating for station

Long story cut short, He is now in prison and His house is in the market

Wetin no be your own, no be your own.
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by sugarcoatted(f): 12:23pm On May 21, 2022
TAYO124:

Ask for your account statement which covers the date of the said transfer, possibly the account information of the person will be revealed then you can return the money.

He said the transaction was done via atm. ATM transfers only shows the bank and location of the atm used, it doesnt reveal name or details of the sender
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by obua: 12:24pm On May 21, 2022
bobchigar:
Hello Nairalanders.

or

Thank you.
officially report to your bank
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by onunwa21(m): 12:26pm On May 21, 2022
Ur miracle will locate u!!!
Go find the meaning
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by cedricksly: 12:26pm On May 21, 2022
bobchigar:
Hello Nairalanders.

or

Thank you.
also at times God bless people in mysterious ways, some time last two year I was so down on cash and needed a break through badly... Suddenly I got 12,000 from a name Joe **** and I felt it was a mistake complained to bank and they said nobody has laid claim to the money yet that if he does I will be called... The next month I got same amount from same person, now this was making me feel uncomfortable as I wasn't exacting any of such, the 3rd month same amount, that was when I said to myself might just be God and confirmed that was not an error transfer.. I kept getting that money for 19months around same time, but I never touched it, I finally spent the money last month after waiting that long and nobody paid claim to it....
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by onunwa21(m): 12:26pm On May 21, 2022
Ur miracle will locate u!!!
Go find the meaning wink
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Glorygrace(f): 12:26pm On May 21, 2022
It once happened to me. I was expecting money to be paid to me from my place of work. When I got a USSD transfer I wasn't sure it was the payment. After about two months I went to the bank and complained. I was linked on phone to their headquarters and I spoke to customer care. Immediately the money was removed from my account. I
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Konjiboi: 12:28pm On May 21, 2022
Are you serious What sort of question is this

You can't go to your bank or what?
De wait for us. By the time you're arrested e go clear you for eye.
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Amotekun777: 12:30pm On May 21, 2022
elvhinzey:

You still don't believe in miracle alerts? cheesy

Am I saying you should spend the money? No!

But know that God carries people's prayer requests and give to others as gifts.

This is exactly why Nigeria is messed up. Just imagine what this fool and many others are saying.

Nigerians deserve their messed up leaders.
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by RepoMan007: 12:30pm On May 21, 2022
Zonefree:
stop assuming.
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by eallstar: 12:30pm On May 21, 2022
What of if the transfer was done from a pos operator? That means the money will not get to the original owner
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by bobchigar(m): 12:32pm On May 21, 2022
castins:
I experienced the same thing last year, I got an alert of #20k on my access bank. I was not expecting money from anyone. So I waited for two weeks no calls nor message from anyone regarding the money. I tried to trace it from my banking app, it only showed me the transfer was done through an ATM. I spoke with my banker friend, he said " my bank will finally contact me regarding the wrong transfer to my account " till today , over a year, my bank is yet to contact me. The the money is still lying in my account waiting the day, the owner calls. But anyday, the real owner comes for it ,confirmed by the bank, I will give it back willingly.

That's nice. I respect your decision.

Equation89:
That was how 12k was mistakenly and wrongly transfered into my account with one super market account name.

I immediately transfered all my personal money in that account to my other account leaving only the 12k in the account. Within 2 months, there was a reversal immediately. My bank didn't contact me for any approval. The 12k was reversed back to the same super market account.

Bro try and visit your bank , drop a complain. The owner will be contacted and the money will be reversed.

May God bless you for being kind

Thanks. Though this is a bit different from your scenario.

Divine081:

Contact your bank in twitter and report the case. That way the money would be returned to the owner. God bless you

Thank you. Meanwhile I don't use Twitter but by God's grace my objective is to return the money to the true owner. I will try my best to use a reliable means from the suggestions I have gotten.

gnykelly:
I would advise you go to the bank and make report.

If it's logde in police and efcc comes calling. You will hate keeping it.

Thanks.

babamoha:
You can request for bank statement and it will show you the account details of the sender or narrate the issue to your banker they will profer solutions to it

Thank you. I like your advice, I hope it will contain those information.
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Didi2d(m): 12:33pm On May 21, 2022
No joke, am in need of 25k urgently, I will pay back to you please
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by JennyOfOldstones(f): 12:39pm On May 21, 2022
bobchigar:
Hello Nairalanders.

or

Thank you.
If you have a bank app then request for your bank statement, it would be sent to your email and you'd probably see the name of the sender. Then probably head to the bank with the statement to complain
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by comodo: 12:40pm On May 21, 2022
bobchigar:
Hello Nairalanders.

or

Thank you.
Pls be very careful. Report the incident to police. Kidnappers use such moves to collect their ransom. My humble advice tho
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by IMPARTIAL: 12:41pm On May 21, 2022
Get the official email address of your bank. Send a mail, explaining what happened. Your bank knows where the money came from. They will contact the sender bank who will in turn confirm the account it came from and the name of the account owner.

Sending an email documents all that happened. No one can pick you up tomorrow.
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Gmajor(m): 12:44pm On May 21, 2022
What kind of evil mindset is this?
Should unmerited favor from God for one person cause other people pain and misery?
Zonefree:
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by IMPARTIAL: 12:45pm On May 21, 2022
It is possible fraudsters used your account. Later they would come to you for the money with evidence. They would claim that it was wrongly sent. They might even give you 30k from it.

When the police start tracing the funds after the victim has complained, you will surely be picked up.

Beware!
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Osanoghodua1: 12:49pm On May 21, 2022
Go to the sender's bank and report, let them call the sender, so he can speak with you. His name must corespond, yo should agree to send it back to the sender's name only.
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by opius: 12:50pm On May 21, 2022
Zonefree:

Unmerited favour can send you to prison if care is not taking
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by opius: 12:51pm On May 21, 2022
Print your bank statement, you might get the details of the sender
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by ibdavidson: 12:53pm On May 21, 2022
U have a nice heart sir.... Anyway I was d one dat mistakenly sent it to u... Actually my younger sister went to the ATM and imputed a wrong account..... Abeg DM me for refund �...09125284231
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Naughtysex: 12:56pm On May 21, 2022
darkstar6971:
Confirm again bruh i dey tell u say i carry screenshot evidence shey u dey wine me nii
Stop this criminal behavior
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by real777(m): 1:01pm On May 21, 2022
@bobchigar,

Your only mistake here is not quickly acknowledging this erroneous transaction within 24 hours by notifying your bank officially via email contact or reporting to customer care in person. By this, you absolve yourself from any spot/blemish that may pop up even though the funds has been reversed to the owner. Of course it will because this is not manner from heaven. When you print your bank statement the name and other details of this erroneous credit is recorded. In the bank final analysis & transfer, make sure the funds goes back to the same source in the event of fraudsters hiding their track.

Miracle alert is real and mysterious (not talking about those online magic & prayers by glorified witch doctors called pastors) One popular pastor in Nigeria even took the madness to USA in the name of miracle alerts. Hmmm

Miracle alerts have no trace.....no names, no account number etc. It happened to my GO and God spoke to him specifically about those monies.

If the OP had saw it on the ground and picked it, this is not what is meant by unmerited favor or blessing. Somebody just lost money and searching for it. When you can't find owner, take the funds to a popular radio program in your state and trust me the real owner will come pick it.

A driver returned #250k forgotten by a passenger in his bus to a popular radio station/program live here in Benin City. It happened this week & not the first time lost item is reported there. Its almost everyday. No be everybody for Nigeria dey get longer throat for person property. Few of us still got our morals, conscience & fear of God intact.

OP, if you accidentally send money to a wrong account, will you patiently and comfortably wait for two months to have it reversed?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Truck Carrying Frozen Chicken Spills Content After A 3-vehicle Collision / Working In Mortuary Same Experience With Working As Banker – Female Mortician / “Nwa Boy”: Rising Dearth Of Apprenticeship In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.