Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner (41077 Views)

Re 1: Wrong Credit Alert, How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner / I Got Credit Alert From A Loan App I Did Not Apply For (Photos) / Polaris Bank Refuse To Refund The Money They Debited From My Account. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Wokamest: 1:03pm On May 21, 2022
Convert money to dollar and keep until you are contacted by the bank. Or invest in a sure investment that would yield. this way you won't need to bother yourself anymore until you are contacted. You can then sell and return the money. The profit is yours, QED.

1 Like

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by elvhinzey(m): 1:06pm On May 21, 2022
Amotekun777:

This is exactly why Nigeria is messed up. Just imagine what this fool and many others are saying.

Nigerians deserve their messed up leaders.

Hey hey! I was only joking. I have made refunds of such in diverse manners.

Do well to retract your statement.

Happy Weekend! angry
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by ajmal01: 1:07pm On May 21, 2022
Go to ur bank ask them to help u the details of the person that do the last transfer and if u want to do look deligently who to approach.thanks for ur uprightness
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Kingpele(m): 1:07pm On May 21, 2022
The best thing is to demand statement of account u will see the sender's details, contact him directly and sort it out with him or her but don't tell any banker
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Tomamajojo(f): 1:11pm On May 21, 2022
Go and print your account statement from when the transferred was done. You will see the details on it.
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by IAmTobore(m): 1:12pm On May 21, 2022
Asabe4:
This gladens my heart..I hope you find the owner soonest.

Keep being kind...it's beautiful
Fine baby. How are you doing.
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Burgerlomo: 1:13pm On May 21, 2022
Keep your fingers crossed and let them contact you for reversal
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 1:14pm On May 21, 2022
Go to your bank and everything is solved.
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by coinsinos: 1:15pm On May 21, 2022
My friend got an alert like you for N200k. Just like you... He waited for two months, money no move, he come chop am. After like three months, he got a call, telling him about an erroneous transfer.

It was the lawyer of the aboki that did the transfer.

Long story short, he paid the money-he has huge inflows, and it didn't involve the police.
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by GboyegaD(m): 1:17pm On May 21, 2022
bobchigar:
Hello Nairalanders.

I feel like seeking your advise about how I can accelerate the process of returning the money that I guess was wrongly transferred to my personal bank account.

About two months ago, I received credit alert of about ₦200k in one of my savings accounts. Based on the narration of the credit alert, it shows that It was done through ATM and I did not do any transaction to have been expecting such money.
I have been expecting to get alert for reversal of the transaction but the money is still sitting in my bank account.

I have also been expecting my banker to have contacted me for approval to reverse the transaction but I have not been contacted by my banker.

I was considering the option of complaining to my banker to trace the owner from their ends but some people discouraged me from doing so; stating that those bankers may conspire with someone and falsely claim the money.

I have been thinking of possibilities of tracing the owner by myself but credit alert did not state the details of the account from which the money was transferred to my bank account.

I am feeling concerned for the person who did the transfer because his fund has been tied down.

A banker told me that the owner must have complained to his/her bank but banks ways of attending to the customers complain is slow but definitely they will contact me for reversal.

Do I keep my fingers crossed and be expecting my banker to contact me for reversal approval?
or
Complain to my banker to help me locate the owner of the transaction?

Or any other suggestions will be welcome from you but my objective is to hasten process of returning the money to the true owner.

Thank you.

This shouldn't be too much of an issue. If you trust your account officer, approach him/ her and then write to the e-banking unit through the branch.

The e-banking unit can get the bank of the sender through interswitch report and talk to them to do the reversal.
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by frowland(m): 1:21pm On May 21, 2022
correctyourself:

Please visit your Bank and explain to them , they can trace the bank and account where the money came from. You need to give your bank approval to refund the money.

Transactions via ATM and some electronic means goes through interswitch which is like a digital form of CBN per say unless it was done via NEFT.
Interswicth see where it’s coming from and where it’s going to. Receiving branch won’t see the complete details but their head office or sending bank will see it.
Like you said, leave the money there and it will go back. In some cases an email will be sent to you with timeline to disapprove, so you can as well monitor that.
Another option is to walk into your bank and they can also do that for you and process reversal.
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by INCREDIBLE007(m): 1:21pm On May 21, 2022
bobchigar:
Hello Nairalanders.

I feel like seeking your advise about how I can accelerate the process of returning the money that I guess was wrongly transferred to my personal bank account.

About two months ago, I received credit alert of about ₦200k in one of my savings accounts. Based on the narration of the credit alert, it shows that It was done through ATM and I did not do any transaction to have been expecting such money.
I have been expecting to get alert for reversal of the transaction but the money is still sitting in my bank account.

I have also been expecting my banker to have contacted me for approval to reverse the transaction but I have not been contacted by my banker.

I was considering the option of complaining to my banker to trace the owner from their ends but some people discouraged me from doing so; stating that those bankers may conspire with someone and falsely claim the money.

I have been thinking of possibilities of tracing the owner by myself but credit alert did not state the details of the account from which the money was transferred to my bank account.

I am feeling concerned for the person who did the transfer because his fund has been tied down.

A banker told me that the owner must have complained to his/her bank but banks ways of attending to the customers complain is slow but definitely they will contact me for reversal.

Do I keep my fingers crossed and be expecting my banker to contact me for reversal approval?
or

Or any other suggestions will be welcome from you but my objective is to hasten process of returning the money to the true owner.

Thank you.

Do you not have the receipt
Containing the senders account number?

If not
Why haven't you visited your bank to collect transaction history to trace it?
And return the money to the owner

Your conscience wants you to return hence this question.
Do the right thing.
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by 4four(m): 1:22pm On May 21, 2022
Zonefree:
I wonder how people pray for unmerited favour to locate them yet when it happens they begin to doubt the existence of the unmerited favour.
people like this self they point fingers at buhari, tinubu and their co- looters
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by drmuchin: 1:27pm On May 21, 2022
eallstar:
What of if the transfer was done from a pos operator? That means the money will not get to the original owner

bobchigar

This is a NEW ANGLE TO THE TWIST
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by PrimadonnaO(f): 1:44pm On May 21, 2022
Zonefree:
I wonder how people pray for unmerited favour to locate them yet when it happens they begin to doubt the existence of the unmerited favour.

This isn't favour. It's an error.

Someone else's loss.

He's being a very very very decent human for taking concerted effort to ensure the money is returned to the sender.

Or at least finally confirm he is the intended recipient.

1 Like

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Nobody: 1:47pm On May 21, 2022
"About two months ago, I received credit alert of about ₦200k in one of my savings accounts. Based on the narration of the credit alert, it shows that It was done through ATM and I did not do any transaction to have been expecting such money."

...Retroactive consciousness? Seniorman, that's a very longtime.
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by TimeArena(f): 1:50pm On May 21, 2022
I don't want to imagine what the owner has gone through as a result of this mistake.

I hope he/she is found as soon as possible.

As for you OP, your reward is here on Earth.

Meanwhile, have u been looking for the perfect gift to give to that special man in your life? He could be your Husband, Father, Brother, Boss, or even a Friend.

Check out this cute leather strap Timepiece.

Price: 25K, only.
It comes fully boxed.

Nationwide doorstep delivery is available.

To order, call or WhatsApp

Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 21, 2022
darkstar6971:
1. 200K+
2. Two months ago
3. Some machine around Mainland
4. Agege
5. Drop WhatsApp number screenshot
Nigga trying to use truth finder for a Nigerian lie detector... grin cheesy
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by rolams(m): 1:52pm On May 21, 2022
bobchigar:
Hello Nairalanders.

or

Thank you.

Pls! Keep the money safe in your account the bank will contact you soon. It's a gradual process!

May God be with you.
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by highness25(m): 1:53pm On May 21, 2022
bobchigar:
I forgot to add, the money is not unmerited favour. Anything that one got which the true owners can be located or traceable for return is not unmerited favour.

It is just like you helped some one picked up his/ her lost phone. The true owner of the phone can be located. If one decided to keep it for ones use, it amount to theft.
I don't understand something. Is it that you're the owner of this forum and the thing happened to you or you brought it here for the owner to bring it public?
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Nobody: 1:59pm On May 21, 2022
bobchigar:

Amen. That's my prayers too. Thank you.
Go inside your bank and get your accounts statement starting from a week b4 the incident. Probably the name and the account details might show up

I think you should be able to get the account owner by that logic then you go to the person's bank and find out more about the owner then they can assist you to transfer the money back directly. Even they can get you the person's details

Please kindly try and locate the owner by all means you can and it could be set up for you oo
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by NamelessOGBENI(m): 2:02pm On May 21, 2022
Zonefree:
This is not unmerited favour, please.

When the OP account is placed on lien or PND, you will not be there to console him.

The OP should go to his bank and inform them about the funds which I hope he does that soon and again, getting his statement of account might help speed up the process if he want the funds reversed. The bank will take it up from there.

All in all, I wish the OP well.
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by adexbols: 2:04pm On May 21, 2022
Zonefree:

Let's hope this post of yours doesn't hunt you later.
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by PrimadonnaO(f): 2:06pm On May 21, 2022
Awoleesu:

1. Request for your own account statement from your bank if you cannot access it fully online.

2. Spot the particular transaction and flaggers (date, ATM code, if possible which type of card eg. Visa/MasterCard etc and the amount and time of transaction).

3. With the details handy, do an email to your bank indicating your willingness to refund erroneous credit transfer. In that mail, blind copy (Bcc) cpd@cbn.gov.ng
This should make whoever attends to the issue sit up.

4. Once the details of the cash owner is ascertained, your bank will contact you.

Thanks for being honest & Good luck.

But if he blind copies CBN, the recipient won't see that CBN was copied.

Or is there something I'm missing?
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by deleskizy: 2:06pm On May 21, 2022
Visit your branch and write a letter if consent to return fund
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Mrice22: 2:22pm On May 21, 2022
I pray for this kind of blessing to locate me i tap from you.. Me wey go withdraw money from ATM they debited me but I no collect any cash na so i take call customer care via the money within 24hrs the money was revised to my account within 3days again same amount was revised into my account.. I just thank God that same day for the miracle as I get budget to take care of.. is about 2months now never collected any money from my account... I need more higher amount just like yours
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by DavSagacity(m): 2:25pm On May 21, 2022
Awon despirado thief.
darkstar6971:
1. 200K+
2. Two months ago
3. Some machine around Mainland
4. Agege
5. Drop WhatsApp number screenshot
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by Emdebby2: 2:30pm On May 21, 2022
The sender has mistakenly transferred the money to the wrong account. No one is above mistake. He or she right now is praying for you to refund the money without knowing that there's no details on the transaction. I will advise you not to use the money but report to your bank, you have to be smart on this. Also request for statement of account for that month and see the details. It's an issue your bank can reveal to you. No matter how long it takes, don't spend the money.
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by MrTed(m): 2:38pm On May 21, 2022
Request for a 3 months bank statement of that account. From the data, you'll be able to trace who sent you the money. Overall, you're a good person. Keep the fire burning
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by bobchigar(m): 2:39pm On May 21, 2022
Lightway:

You're a thief and a criminal...

I hope you get arrested

I'm sure you didn't write my write up or you didn't understand English. I deduced this from your comment.
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by lagosrd: 2:40pm On May 21, 2022
bobchigar:
Hello Nairalanders.

or

Thank you.

Go to your bank and tell them that you're expecting an amount of money on sos os date and the person said he sent it and you didn't receive it. So them will check it goes you and trace the digits and tell you the bank and name of the person who sent it. Just tell them that it's not that particular one and move on to the person's bank to ask for his phone number and call him to send his money back to him.

The owners might have been praying for God to to touch your heart and he has
Re: Wrong Credit Alert , How Do I Locate And Refund The Owner by bluefilm: 2:50pm On May 21, 2022
bobchigar:
Hello Nairalanders.

or

Thank you.

Just pray that it is not KIDNAP ransome dem send for your account.

Because if na kidnap money, you go hear am o once you move the money.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Working In Mortuary Same Experience With Working As Banker – Female Mortician / Truck Carrying Frozen Chicken Spills Content After A 3-vehicle Collision / Finishing Pictures Of Owerri Mall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.