Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? (27687 Views)

Airline Dashboard: Data Visualization With Microsoft Excel / Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project / I Want To Learn Data Visualization (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by unite4real: 8:20am On May 23, 2022
Ugaboy:
Hi Nairalander and Data Science ethusiaste, remember my startup during February I guess on Tableau

https://www.nairaland.com/6973820/please-rate-first-data-visualization

Well, there have been lot of advance visualization i've done so far, I've completed some machine learning milestone project with 18 viz dashboard completed

here is a viz challenge i picked from LinkedIn this month

Tools:
1. Excel (Data cleaning)
2. Figma (Bin or Conatiner Design)
3. Tableau Public (Visualization)

Pls Which of the 3 can i submit

Some of us are football lovers, so I analysed one...added to show us...how i've gone.

Use the third dashboard and apply the following

1. Every print/text on the blue background should be yellow
2. Red and white go together. So when u have red background, maintain white through out and where you have white background, maintain red through out.
3. Let your orange and red be very distinct
4. No too many colors

1 Like

Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by Intelcorei7: 8:23am On May 23, 2022
@op, using pandas for your visualization would have been better. It solves the colour issues automatically.

1 Like

Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by zenithal: 8:27am On May 23, 2022
The third one has a better mix of color, as long as you remember to change all the Noble spellings to Nobel.

Also on the fourth one, change the Total mathes to Total matches.

1 Like

Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by Nobody: 8:31am On May 23, 2022
I know nothing about these but the last one looks colorful and dope.

1 Like

Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by faithfull18(f): 8:31am On May 23, 2022
Your choice of colour though

1 Like

Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by saintkel(m): 8:38am On May 23, 2022
Only God knows I can't even relate to what d op is talking about
Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by AlongCamePollie(m): 8:39am On May 23, 2022
airsaylongcome:
First one.

And it's Nobel Prize not Noble Price

Nice one on the correction. I was going to do just that first, then suggest the third one. Well, if I personally had a choice to submit one of the four, I would hand in the third.
Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by klarry79: 8:43am On May 23, 2022
NONE!

YOU COLOUR THEME IS A COMPLETE TURN OFF. USE BRIGHT WEB COLOUR THEMES LIKE WHITE, LIGHT GREY, LIGHT BLUE.

People want to capture your data is 10secs or less. The colours are harassing to the eyes, the layout is too busy. Too much text.

Do your graphs in pie charts, histograms while the other graphs can present more detailed data in other linked pages. The objective is to give an overview at first glance and keep them interested. If they want more they can click on additional links to explore. That is how you engage people on your site.

Ugaboy:
Hi Nairalander and Data Science ethusiaste, remember my startup during February I guess on Tableau

Well, there have been lot of advance visualization i've done so far, I've completed some machine learning milestone project with 18 viz dashboard completed

Tools:
1. Excel (Data cleaning)

Some of us are football lovers, so I analysed one...added to show us...how i've gone.
Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by dappyboy: 8:48am On May 23, 2022
Let’s connect.
Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by Mightydude: 8:50am On May 23, 2022
Bros na so our money go for MBA ? I hail u o.
Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by Lisastef: 8:53am On May 23, 2022
I like d colour used for the first and second one its more mature. So either the 1st or 2nd one..... Infact i suggest u go with d 1st one....
Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by AfahaAbia(m): 8:55am On May 23, 2022
Using a white background with shades of blue are best for visualizations. Also limit your use of Icons.

1 Like

Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by AfahaAbia(m): 8:55am On May 23, 2022
Ugaboy:

Tools:
1. Excel (Data cleaning)

Using a white background with shades of blue are best for visualizations. Also limit your use of Icons.
Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by GloriousGbola: 9:03am On May 23, 2022
change the colour. i have never seen purple in a dashboard
deploy some form of spell check. too many spelling errors
there needs to be some form of gradient colour
Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by Ugaboy: 9:16am On May 23, 2022
AfahaAbia:

thanks, I will put this to practice.
Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by Ugaboy: 9:18am On May 23, 2022
klarry79:
NONE!

YOU COLOUR THEME IS A COMPLETE TURN OFF. USE BRIGHT WEB COLOUR THEMES LIKE WHITE, LIGHT GREY, LIGHT BLUE.

People want to capture your data is 10secs or less. The colours are harassing to the eyes, the layout is too busy. Too much text.

Do your graphs in pie charts, histograms while the other graphs can present more detailed data in other linked pages. The objective is to give an overview at first glance and keep them interested. If they want more they can click on additional links to explore. That is how you engage people on your site.

I love this...this why I posted this
Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by Springboot: 9:23am On May 23, 2022
iCauseTrouble:
None. The colours are blocking. Also alot of misspellings grin

That's it, none of them will pass the screening. Change those colors or tone them down.
Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by FredLuke: 9:28am On May 23, 2022
Hi Ugaboy, I'm also into data analysis & visualization. I also have a startup in the US. I'm currently in Nigeria. I'm wondering if we could reach out to each other to see if there are alignments of interest.
Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by realunclej(m): 9:33am On May 23, 2022
The 3rd one has a better text to background color contrast.

Currently, I use React to build my dashboard with data from API, Pivot Table and visual tools including charts, maps and graphs. I have access to a premium course on Tableau. I hope to look into it later. How long do you think the learning curve can take?
Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by chrissbrain(m): 9:43am On May 23, 2022
Ugaboy:

Tools:
1. Excel (Data cleaning)

Hey man, nice work but I think the colors are much. I have just concluded a Bootcamp training of data analytics. Can I connect with you for correspondence or mentorship pls? 08129925959, WhatsApp only..
Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by IcedMusk1995(m): 10:03am On May 23, 2022
Ugaboy:

Tools:
1. Excel (Data cleaning)

Excellent Dashboard. But one glaring error.
It's "Nobel Prize" not"Nobel Price"
Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by Gentleman001: 10:06am On May 23, 2022
cool

3 Likes

Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by Ugaboy: 10:20am On May 23, 2022
IcedMusk1995:

Excellent Dashboard. But one glaring error.
It's "Nobel Prize" not"Nobel Price"
I've corrected that, thanks
Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by TheirFADA: 10:20am On May 23, 2022
There are lots of misspellings there and u need to start taking note of them.
Noble...... Nobel
Mathes.... Matches
Shorts on target..... Shots on target

Please take note of your spellings. Very very important. Your use of colour also needs improvement.
That fourth one is a No No No
Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by Ugaboy: 10:28am On May 23, 2022
Gentleman001:
cool
The dashboard is cool...but

The bottom Analysis has no label
Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by jorginhoo: 10:30am On May 23, 2022
Administration1:

I beg to differ, Data Visualization is 50% aesthetics. If you present any of the above to me after commissioning you for a job, I'll simply add your email address to my block list.

No mind am, he presented the right information and the structure is good but the colors are way off. He has terrible color skills. Those colors can almost blind you.

2 Likes

Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by Ugaboy: 10:33am On May 23, 2022
chrissbrain:

Hey man, nice work but I think the colors are much. I have just concluded a Bootcamp training of data analytics. Can I connect with you for correspondence or mentorship pls? 08129925959, WhatsApp only..

Thanks, I've added u to a WhatsApp group, I'm managing
Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by Ugaboy: 10:34am On May 23, 2022
FredLuke:
Hi Ugaboy, I'm also into data analysis & visualization. I also have a startup in the US. I'm currently in Nigeria. I'm wondering if we could reach out to each other to see if there are alignments of interest.

Thanks, you can reach me with my number on my signature.
Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by Ugaboy: 10:36am On May 23, 2022
unite4real:

Use the third dashboard and apply the following

1. Every print/text on the blue background should be yellow
2. Red and white go together. So when u have red background, maintain white through out and where you have white background, maintain red through out.
3. Let your orange and red be very distinct
4. No too many colors

Ok thanks...will put this to practice

1 Like

Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by luckysmills: 10:36am On May 23, 2022
Correct your counries to countries.
Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by Ugaboy: 10:38am On May 23, 2022
bigtt76:
If you are not presenting to the Queen, I think you should change your background color, its too royal angry All designs are good, but change to a white background color to give it more professional look.

There are some queens on Nairaland, lol, thanks...I will
Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by Ugaboy: 10:41am On May 23, 2022
Ayo081:

Congratulations! man I see growth.

1) I like the fact that you can use figma design tool.

2) I should have gone for 2 because of the combination of color but there's something about the pictures attached I don't like.

3) The data in 1 & 2 are well presented but with design, the icons (world, mortarboard hat) at the top should have been smaller, balanced compared to the background where they are seated (I'm talking alignment and spacing. You did well with the sport teams one).

3) The viz. with sport teams is perfect. So I'll go for it. But, just like you you did a separation of information with the jersey, do that with the home performance and highest goal scorers too. I mean everything that is team specific.

4) Correct all spelling errors and make sure your calculations are right (always use excel for maths).

5) You should take a course on color theory. Colors used should be cool and not sharp.

Thanks, I will put all this to practice
I noticed that... tableau ain't always right in calculation, this is my second encounter.

But always accurate on Excel.

Someone on front, shaded on wrong calculation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Best Uni For Bsc. Computer Science In Nigeria / Kano Lady, Saadat Aliyu Develops Android App For Reporting Rape Cases / Programming Learning Challenge June.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.