Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,506 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Rapture, Are You Prepared? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rapture, Are You Prepared? (14699 Views)

Are You Prepared For The New World Order / Rapture. Are You Rapturable Now? / Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rapture, Are You Prepared? by Bj4christ(m): 4:25pm On Jun 19, 2022
paxonel:
There is no rapture in the bible.
It is all together a cooked doctrine of the ancient Roman catholic, geared at enslaving and impoverishing the mind
I'm sure you are writng this because at one time you were serious about rapture but along the way you got discouraged.
You see, no matter how much you try to under play this serious issue,the truth is truth.
There's going to be rapture.
So, it will be wise to be prepared.
God will help us.
Re: Rapture, Are You Prepared? by Krismas(m): 4:29pm On Jun 19, 2022
OkCornel:

Where did Paul write the church is the obstruction (restrainer)? Where in the scriptures has the pronoun “he” been used to identify the church?
grin The church is both a bride and a MAN CHILD
Rev 12:2-5
2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.[i][/i]
Rev 12 is very revealing. The woman went to hide in the wilderness for TIME, TIMES and HALF TIME what does this mean to u?
Re: Rapture, Are You Prepared? by Slynation(m): 4:45pm On Jun 19, 2022
Lexusgs430:

People have very foolishly been waiting that day, one trumpet would be blown and every human being in the world, starts to ascend.........

It's NEVER going to happen.......... grin
Never oO...grin
Re: Rapture, Are You Prepared? by Slynation(m): 4:48pm On Jun 19, 2022
OkCornel:

You have eyes and a functioning mind.

Who were the ones taken away in the days of Noah?
Leave Noah's story... that's another ball game entirely
Re: Rapture, Are You Prepared? by OkCornel(m): 4:49pm On Jun 19, 2022
Krismas:
grin The church is both a bride and a MAN CHILD
Rev 12:2-5
2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.[i][/i]
Rev 12 is very revealing. The woman went to hide in the wilderness for TIME, TIMES and HALF TIME what does this mean to u?

In the book of Revelation, the church is also referred to those who hold onto the testimony of Jesus.

Revelation 19 v 9-10;
9 Then the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!” And he added, “These are the true words of God.”

10 At this I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “Don’t do that! I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers and sisters who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For it is the Spirit of prophecy who bears testimony to Jesus.”

The church is not the man child. The book of Revelation, has a curse on those who add to or deduct from it. The church as I mentioned in the previous paragraph are those who hold onto the testimony of Jesus. They are the other offsprings of the woman whom the dragon would war against and persecute.

Revelation 12 v 17;
17 Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to wage war against the rest of her offspring —those who keep God’s commands and hold fast their testimony about Jesus.
Re: Rapture, Are You Prepared? by OkCornel(m): 4:58pm On Jun 19, 2022
Slynation:
Leave Noah's story... that's another ball game entirely

Who was taken away in the days of Noah?
Who are the ones who’ll be taken away when the son of man comes?

Hint:
1) It’s the same category of people
2) Jesus likened it to the days of Noah
Re: Rapture, Are You Prepared? by OkCornel(m): 5:03pm On Jun 19, 2022
Krismas:
grin Oh come on
I was referring to THE DISTRESS of those days.
So clearly I was referring to Matt 24:29-31
23:29-31 was an error. That shud have been apparent
Then look at your highlights again
WHAT IS THE DISTRESS in that text?
Is not the GREAT TRIBULATION?
It is billed to happen after the rapture

The great tribulation is the “distress of those days”. The “rapture” (gathering of the elect) happens at the coming of the Son of Man, which is after the great tribulation.
Re: Rapture, Are You Prepared? by Emdebby2: 5:03pm On Jun 19, 2022
You the poster didn't tell us if you are prepared.
Re: Rapture, Are You Prepared? by Krismas(m): 5:07pm On Jun 19, 2022
OkCornel:

In the book of Revelation, the church is also referred to those who hold onto the testimony of Jesus.

Revelation 19 v 9-10;
9 Then the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!” And he added, “These are the true words of God.”

10 At this I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “Don’t do that! I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers and sisters who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For it is the Spirit of prophecy who bears testimony to Jesus.”

The church is not the man child. The book of Revelation, has a curse on those who add to or deduct from it. The church as I mentioned in the previous paragraph are those who hold onto the testimony of Jesus. They are the other offsprings of the woman whom the beast would war against and persecute.

Revelation 12 v 17;
17 Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to wage war against the rest of her offspring —those who keep God’s commands and hold fast their testimony about Jesus.
grin U miss all the salient points
First u will agree, is not every one invited to the wedding that’s the bride.
The bride is the church, others will be there who are invitees and not celebrants.
There is no single place in the Bible where the anti christ was discussed without giving the extent of his reign, which is TIME TIMES TIME/2 = 31/2 yrs.
That it was mentioned in rev 12 means it’s an Antichrist exposition
The tribulation of the dragon on the remnants happened after the man-child was CAUGHT-UP
Re: Rapture, Are You Prepared? by OkCornel(m): 5:12pm On Jun 19, 2022
Krismas:
grin U miss all the salient points
First u will agree, is not every one invited to the wedding that’s the bride.
The bride is the church, others will be there who are invitees and not celebrants.
There is no single place in the Bible where the anti christ was discussed without giving the extent of his reign, which is TIME TIMES TIME/2 = 31/2 yrs.
That it was mentioned in rev 12 means it’s an Antichrist exposition
The tribulation of the dragon on the remnants happened after the man-child was CAUGHT-UP

The man child is not the church. The offsprings of the woman who hold on to the testimony of Jesus IS THE CHURCH.

The church are Apostle John’s brothers and sisters who hold onto the testimony of Jesus which the Angel spoke of in Revelation 19 v 9-10.
Re: Rapture, Are You Prepared? by OkCornel(m): 5:13pm On Jun 19, 2022
Krismas, can you point us to verses in the book of Revelation where Apostle John saw believers that escaped from the great tribulation?
Re: Rapture, Are You Prepared? by Krismas(m): 5:17pm On Jun 19, 2022
OkCornel:

The man child is not the church. The offsprings of the woman who hold on to the testimony of Jesus IS THE CHURCH.

The church are Apostle John’s brothers and sisters who hold onto the testimony of Jesus which the Angel spoke of in Revelation 19 v 9-10.
grin Is the man child not an upspring of the woman?
Who den is the manchild?
Is not everyone who hold the testimony of Jesus that’s the church of Jesus
John d Baptist testified of Jesus yet he is NOT part of the Church of Jesus Christ
Re: Rapture, Are You Prepared? by chaloskyx: 5:17pm On Jun 19, 2022
NO because there is no such thing as rapture the bible is a made up story book meant to enslave people like you the only heaven or hell is right here on earth if you like dont put hands together to develop your country into heaven like the west once you die you go back to nothing.
Re: Rapture, Are You Prepared? by kay29000(m): 5:25pm On Jun 19, 2022
PericomaNwankwo:
This world is very funny. Just thinking about the billions of people that will be disappointed to learn that what they believe in is a mere story and totally different from the fate of our universe.

For real
Re: Rapture, Are You Prepared? by OkCornel(m): 5:25pm On Jun 19, 2022
Krismas:
grin Is the man child not an upspring of the woman?
Who den is the manchild?
Is not everyone who hold the testimony of Jesus that’s the church of Jesus
John d Baptist testified of Jesus yet he is NOT part of the Church of Jesus Christ

Beautiful. The man is the offspring of the woman. The rest of the woman’s offspring (those who hold onto the testimony of Jesus and obey the Laws of God) is the church.

Multiple offsprings from one woman. The man-child is ONE of the offsprings hence, the manchild can’t be Christ and the church at the same time.

The man child is Christ, the one who would rule the nations with a rod of iron.
Re: Rapture, Are You Prepared? by kay29000(m): 5:26pm On Jun 19, 2022
Seniorwriter:
SMH....
Deep Quote:
Religion na Politics in Africa especially Nigeria.

The only thing required of a human is to be selfless have empathy and show love for the universe...the rest is long story.

@Seniorwriter

Gbam
Re: Rapture, Are You Prepared? by UnknownQueen(f): 5:28pm On Jun 19, 2022
OkCornel:

So sad people have interpreted the scriptures upside down.

Only if you carefully read the scriptures.

Those “left behind” are the righteous ones! The ones taken away are the sinners JUST LIKE IN THE DAYS OF NOAH!

Matthew 24 v 38 - 40;
38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark;
39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until THE FLOOD CAME AND "TOOK THEM" ALL AWAY. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.
40 Two men will be in the field; one will "BE TAKEN" and the other left.

I agree

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rapture, Are You Prepared? by Krismas(m): 5:33pm On Jun 19, 2022
OkCornel:
Krismas, can you point us to verses in the book of Revelation where Apostle John saw believers that escaped from the great tribulation?
grin
Rev 7:2-4
And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,
3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.[i][/i]
4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

Rev 14:1
And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

144 thousand Jews will be saved from the wrath strictly by grace
They were seen on my Zion. Its Jewish rapture
Re: Rapture, Are You Prepared? by Iyasaburi: 5:34pm On Jun 19, 2022
OkCornel:

The sinners will be taken away in destruction, as it was in the days of Noah and Lot.

Study the scriptures.

They were not taken away, they were destroyed by the flood, not taken away. It was Noah and those with him who can be said to be taken, lifted up by the water from among the sinners, while the sinners were left below and destroyed. This same scenerio is what will happen at Christ second coming. The saints of God lifted while the unbelievers will remain to face judgment.
NOTE
Every one that faces that judgement seat is already condemned, according to
John 3:18: "18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."
Re: Rapture, Are You Prepared? by OkCornel(m): 5:35pm On Jun 19, 2022
Krismas:
grin
Rev 7:2-4
And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,
3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.[i][/i]
4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

Rev 14:1
And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

This refers to the 144,000 witnesses from Israel who are sealed.

Where did John see in heaven or earth the saints (church) that escaped from the great tribulation in any of his visions?
Re: Rapture, Are You Prepared? by Krismas(m): 5:39pm On Jun 19, 2022
OkCornel:

This refers to the 144,000 witnesses from Israel who are sealed.

Where did John see in heaven or earth the saints (church) that escaped from the great tribulation in any of his visions?
grin Before the sealing there was calamity about to befall the earth
The seal exempted them
They were Jews not Christians
They were later seen on Mt Zion with the lamb in heaven
Re: Rapture, Are You Prepared? by seunmsg(m): 5:40pm On Jun 19, 2022
The day you die is the day of your rapture. If you’re one of those expecting one Angel Micheal to show up in the sky and blow a big trumpet and then you start flying like a bird to the sky, give yourself a very big head knock cos you’re sleeping on a bicycle. It’s never going to happen.
Re: Rapture, Are You Prepared? by Krismas(m): 5:46pm On Jun 19, 2022
OkCornel:

Beautiful. The man is the offspring of the woman. The rest of the woman’s offspring (those who hold onto the testimony of Jesus and obey the Laws of God) is the church.

Multiple offsprings from one woman. The man-child is ONE of the offsprings hence, the manchild can’t be Christ and the church at the same time.

The man child is Christ, the one who would rule the nations with a rod of iron.
grin U are extremely wrong.
The church will rule the nations
Sit on thrones dispensing judgement
In Addition Jesus is the husband of the church not the child of the church
The woman didn’t rapture, other of her remnants didn’t rapture. Not every one in the church will rapture. They rest will wait out the wrath of the dragon for time times and half time like Daniel 7:25-26 teach
Re: Rapture, Are You Prepared? by OkCornel(m): 5:46pm On Jun 19, 2022
Krismas:
grin Before the sealing there was calamity about to befall the earth
The seal exempted them
They were Jews not Christians
They were later seen on Mt Zion with the lamb in heaven

Again, Mt Zion in that scripture is on earth. Not heaven.

The 144,000 will be on Mount Zion and will sing a new song only they can learn. This song would be played “from” the throne room of Heaven for them to learn.
Re: Rapture, Are You Prepared? by merits(m): 5:51pm On Jun 19, 2022
GooseBump:
This is my 4th time being to church this year. Not because of nothing, but because of my busy schedule. I've forgotten the last time I prayed sef.

The reason for the post was that, I've been having dreams about rapture since years back, but I just brush it off anytime I woke. The last one i had was like this. I saw myself in a big church, probably we were having a big crusade. Then suddenly one of the female ushers went missing. She was someone I knew. The husband was worried, we discovered she was the only missing. people started calling in and that's when we knew it was rapture. One person out of multiples was taken for rapture.

I woke up and as usual, I brush it off.
Getting to church today, I already missed the Sunday school. The bible passages that was read was Luke 27 which talked about how two people will be on a bed, one will be taken and the other will be left behind, two on the farm.
We all know the story.

So my question is, Are you prepared?
Nonsense which rapture? Continue decieving yourself.

Re: Rapture, Are You Prepared? by Krismas(m): 5:57pm On Jun 19, 2022
OkCornel:

Again, Mt Zion in that scripture is on earth. Not heaven.

The 144,000 will be on Mount Zion and will sing a new song only they can learn. This song would be played “from” the throne room of Heaven for them to learn.
grin Mount Zion is heaven
Hebrews 12:22-24
22 But ye are come unto mount Sion[i][/i], and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abe
Re: Rapture, Are You Prepared? by DrLuv: 6:00pm On Jun 19, 2022
Offpoint1:
cheesy I'm prepared for dead, but not for rapture because the former is %100 sure, while the later is illusion.

Quick question to my rapture expectant folks:
The caught in the sky you guys will do" is God going to give you guys wings or made earth zero gravity so y'all can float?

Will they earth turn flat, so that all eyes will see Jesus regardless of your positioning from the earth?

How loud will the trumpet be that every one will hear regardless of the positioning you are on earth? Will it be transmitted via some psychic power?

Abeg I wan know

Actually the answers are in the Good book, but then I don't think you are keen at reading it,
This platform would not be an elaborate means to shares a couple of views with you...
Gives it a shot..check the Good book, your ignorance laced with sarcasm about any confusing issues would be sorted.�
Re: Rapture, Are You Prepared? by OkCornel(m): 6:01pm On Jun 19, 2022
Krismas:
grin U are extremely wrong.
The church will rule the nations
Sit on thrones dispensing judgement

Faithful believers who endure persecution (for example the ones in the Thyatira church - Revelation 2 v 26-27) and the believers who were slain in the great tribulation (Revelation 20 v 4-6) will rule over the nations with Christ as Priests.

Please kindly point out where precisely the scriptures shows the believers in the churches will have thrones which they will sit on to judge. Hopefully it’s not a verse interpreted out of context!

Krismas:
grin U

In Addition Jesus is the husband of the church not the child of the church
The woman didn’t rapture, other of her remnants didn’t rapture. Not every one in the church will rapture. They rest will wait out the wrath of the dragon for time times and half time like Daniel 7:25-26 teach

Context! Context!! Context!!!

Who is the man child offspring (singular noun) of the woman that’ll rule the nations with a rod of iron

Who are the other offsprings (plural noun) of the woman who hold onto the testimony of Jesus that the dragon will war against?!
Re: Rapture, Are You Prepared? by Offpoint1: 6:03pm On Jun 19, 2022
DrLuv:

Actually the answers are in the Good book, but then I don't think you are keen at reading it,
This platform would not be an elaborate means to shares a couple of views with you...
Gives it a shot..check the Good book, your ignorance laced with sarcasm about any confusing issues would be sorted.�
Is "Good book" the title? Give me a link to it.

Give me an answer to my ignorance, I asked harmless questions.
Re: Rapture, Are You Prepared? by DrLuv: 6:05pm On Jun 19, 2022
GooseBump:
This is my 4th time being to church this year. Not because of nothing, but because of my busy schedule. I've forgotten the last time I prayed sef.

The reason for the post was that, I've been having dreams about rapture since years back, but I just brush it off anytime I woke. The last one i had was like this. I saw myself in a big church, probably we were having a big crusade. Then suddenly one of the female ushers went missing. She was someone I knew. The husband was worried, we discovered she was the only missing. people started calling in and that's when we knew it was rapture. One person out of multiples was taken for rapture.

I woke up and as usual, I brush it off.
Getting to church today, I already missed the Sunday school. The bible passages that was read was Luke 27 which talked about how two people will be on a bed, one will be taken and the other will be left behind, two on the farm.
We all know the story.

So my question is, Are you prepared?

Hmm...a more reflective question for the OP, do you realise you may possibly have the call of God on your life to help and signpost to Christ and possibly to enlighten people that would possibly display mockery and sarcasm of the Gospel like the ones belows your post.�
You may have the evangelistic auction on you that you might have neglected or set aside for a long while,who knows
Re: Rapture, Are You Prepared? by Krismas(m): 6:15pm On Jun 19, 2022
OkCornel:

Faithful believers who endure persecution (for example the ones in the Thyatira church - Revelation 2 v 26-27) and the believers who were slain in the great tribulation (Revelation 20 v 4-6) will rule over the nations with Christ as Priests.

Please kindly point out where precisely the scriptures shows the believers in the churches will have thrones which they will sit on to judge. Hopefully it’s not a verse interpreted out of context!

Context! Context!! Context!!!

Who is the man child offspring (singular noun) of the woman that’ll rule the nations with a rod of iron

Who are the other offsprings (plural noun) of the woman who hold onto the testimony of Jesus that the dragon will war against?!

grin
1corinthians 6:2-3
2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?
Matt 19:28-29
28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.
Re: Rapture, Are You Prepared? by OkCornel(m): 6:17pm On Jun 19, 2022
Krismas:
grin Mount Zion is heaven
Hebrews 12:22-24
22 But ye are come unto mount Sion[i][/i], and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abe

Is there a temple in heaven? Yes
Will there also be a temple in Israel in the end times? Yes

Is there Mount Zion in heaven? Yes
Is there Mount Zion on Earth? Yes.

Divide the word properly and get the context.

Revelation 14:1-3.
1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:

3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.

Bros, please read Revelation 14 v 1-3 slowly. Look at the parts I bolded. They (the lamb and 144,000) were on Mount Sion (not heaven)

Secondly, if they (the 144,000) were already in heaven, why did Apostle John hear a sound "from heaven"?

The 144,000 were on mount Sion (not heaven), the lamb was with them. Only the 144,000 could learn a new song which was played from the throne room of heaven.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates His 54th Birthday Today / Pastor Benny Hinn Seriously Ill And Needs Our Prayers / Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.