Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,955 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? (37490 Views)

Stretch Marks On My Breast / Lump In The Chest- Graphics Pix Attached / Man Discovers A Lady Has Breast Lump During Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by legionISproteus: 5:25am On May 25, 2022
tayo60:
Breast cancer no dey happen to men. Na woman d thing dey do most
It does and it is deadly
Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by phemmyfour: 6:01am On May 25, 2022
Immaculate755:
Good afternoon Nairalanders.
Please I need your input on the predicament I found myself in.

Roughly 3 months ago, I discovered something like a lump in my breast the left side precisely but it wasn't painful if not pressed. Initially, I didn't see it as something serious until clear fluid began to show on the nipple when pressed and the size of the lump seems reduced when water is being squeezed out.

3weeks after the discovery, I went to see a Medical Doctor in a Federal University Health Centre where I'm schooling. I narrated my ordeal to her and asked me to pull off my T-shirt for her to see the lump in the breast which I did.

She did visual check only. No examination or anything. she said it nothing to worry about that it normal.

She then asked of my age? Told her I'm in my mid-twenties (was specific when telling her tho). Her response was that it normal. Then I told her about some researches I made on the internet, that I think it should be normal if am still in my teens prolly because of puberty. Her response was still the same couldn't believe my ears.

Later told her about the nipple discharge (clear liquid) coming out when pressed. She laughed it off and said maybe it breast milk. I was very vexed and told her what's that suppose to mean, saw the vexed look on my face she then apologized that she didn't mean that way that's normal. She asked if it painful? I said no if not pressed and she gave the same response as usual.

It has been over 2months now I met the Medic but can't get it off my mind. The thought of the lump being cancerous that it'll better if the lump is examined on time has been on my mind ever since then.

Please Medics/Health Practitioners come to my aid, is the Medical Doctor right about lump not being cancerous?

Pls pardon my grammatical errors.

See another doc asap, and get married on time...e get why
Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by ukaface(f): 6:47am On May 25, 2022
tayo60:
ignoramus ignorantus

Better be checking your breast, it happens to men

1 Like

Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by hagjay(m): 6:48am On May 25, 2022
Contekbbc:

If it's cancerous don't operate it.
Look for herbal cure don't be placed on chemotherapy.
You won't like the experience.
I pray for your Miraculous healing IJMN

Does herbs really cure cancer?
Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by Contekbbc: 7:21am On May 25, 2022
Yes, very well

hagjay:

Does herbs really cure cancer?
Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by Contekbbc: 7:24am On May 25, 2022
Amen to this.
Maybe this will give him sense in his next life.
He'll learn not to turn serious issues to a mere joke

Immaculate755 kisspost=113132208:

Untimely death is not my portion. I pray may the almighty grant you death wish as you wish me so that you'll be able to deliver your message to those aforementoned people at the great beyond.
Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by Cashio(m): 8:01am On May 25, 2022
haggai247:

You want to give yourself cancer continue thinking it's cancer then it'll be cancer.
Cause=effect.
What the mind can conceive the body can achieve.
Control your thoughts they become actions control your actions they become habits...
$000.2
arrant nonsense. So if he truly has cancer and he keeps lying to himself that is is malaria, it will change the narrative....all these silly religious sentiments.
Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by ntipro: 8:12am On May 25, 2022
Send me mail.
I had a similar case. Though not exactly
Don't allow yourself to be filled with fear bro.
Enjoy
Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by mohziz1(m): 8:36am On May 25, 2022
sisisioge:

It is one of the signs to look out for, swollen lymph nodes or so they call it...please read this. May God take care of us.

https://cancer.ca/en/cancer-information/cancer-types/breast/what-is-breast-cancer/breast-cancer-in-men

Thank you
My fiancee use to complain of pain in her left breast
Recently there is a swollen lump in her arm pit
I just pray it's not what am thinking cry
Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by haggai247: 10:02am On May 25, 2022
Cashio:
arrant nonsense. So if he truly has cancer and he keeps lying to himself that is is malaria, it will change the narrative....all these silly religious sentiments.
Religious sentiments no I'm not a religious person I'm a realistic person.

Studies from numerous case studies have shown your attitude to anything (mostly cancer) determine the outcome of treatment and any other areas of life.

Stress is the major cause of disease because it lower the immune system. Google it if you're a Thomas.

$0000.2

1 Like

Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by Nobody: 10:48am On May 25, 2022
tayo60:

Please take this thing you wrote down asap undecided...
Do your research well so you don't embarrass yourself and mislead people with false information undecided...

Immaculate755...
Do an ultrasound of the breast and also a hormone profile test...

The results of those two test will determine your next course of action....
Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by Cashio(m): 11:15am On May 25, 2022
haggai247:

Religious sentiments no I'm not a religious person I'm a realistic person.

Studies from numerous case studies have shown your attitude to anything (mostly cancer) determine the outcome of treatment and any other areas of life.

Stress is the major cause of disease because it lower the immune system. Google it if you're a Thomas.

$0000.2

let's be realistic bro...so if I have malaria fever now and I keep telling myself that it might be cancer, it was ill eventually turn cancer? I want to get the point.
Or if someone has HIV and keep believing it is typhoid fever, it will shift from HIV to typhoid fever.....
Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by Rudiger222: 12:04pm On May 25, 2022
Uauai

Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by gracealonev: 12:07pm On May 25, 2022
tayo60:

That's a lie please.
Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by Timekeeper452: 12:07pm On May 25, 2022
Go see a doctor, you might have to run a CT Scan test to be very sure, if it’s benign or malignant tumor.
Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by chukkystar(m): 12:10pm On May 25, 2022
If it was Cancerous, You'd be having other symptoms by now not just that swelling. As long as You press and water comes out and the size reduces, it isn't Cancer
Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by 00FFT00(m): 12:10pm On May 25, 2022
tayo60:

You're factually wrong.
Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by oweniwe(m): 12:11pm On May 25, 2022
Immaculate755

Use dry heat to press it until it dries up. That's how I deal with pimples, open wound or swelling on any part of the body. It's effective, about 3 days, it'll come down.

Put a container (pot or kettle) with some water in it on a source of heat until the container becomes hot.

Get a cotton handkerchief or neat rag, fold it, sprinkle little water on it .. just to dampened it. Then compress the folded surface on the heated container till the handkerchief gets hot, then apply the heat to wherever on the body swelling/cut or having fluid discharge... Repeat you you notice pus level has reduced or dried.

Do this morning and night for 3 days you should begin to notice improvement immediately

1 Like

Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by blaquebelle: 12:12pm On May 25, 2022
Please go to the hospital.
Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by Candidlady: 12:12pm On May 25, 2022
tayo60:

undecided

You do know men got breast too right undecided

Even though men don't have breasts like women’s, they have a small amount of breast tissue. The "breasts" of a man are similar to the breasts of a girl before puberty. Girls’ tissue grows and develops, but men’s doesn't.

But because they still have breast tissue, men can get breast cancer. Men get the same types of breast cancers that women do, but cancers involving the parts that make and store milk are rare. The risk of a man getting breast cancer in his lifetime is about 1 per 1,000.
Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by Nobody: 12:12pm On May 25, 2022
Your village people don dey use your mind dey play okoso! From googling nonsense to visiting doctors and back to this dumping ground! Them tell you say men dey get breast cancer, where you see the boobs talkmore of breast and cancer.. Oga, you are just depressed! Help yourself out! Try and find something to be happy about and Com and pay your tithes in my Alter..
Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by The5DME(m): 12:13pm On May 25, 2022
Go do a checkup in a hospital. We're nkt doctors.
Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by Richjosh10: 12:13pm On May 25, 2022
I kindly suggest that visit another medical doctor most especially an oncologist. They’ll conduct full breast examination; Mammogram and the rest. You will know if it’s cancerous or not. The earlier the better so as not put yourself in an unwanted troubles.
Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by benado19: 12:14pm On May 25, 2022
Sorry to hear about this, but where do u reside, would suggest you go for proper examination in the hospital where u live. It might not mean anythg persay, and if u re stl not comfortable u can WhatsApp chat me via this number, 08105916089. No call pls. Dr kelvin. Thanks
Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by CaptainFM1: 12:14pm On May 25, 2022
Immaculate755:
Good afternoon Nairalanders.
Please I need your input on the predicament I found myself in.

Roughly 3 months ago, I discovered something like a lump in my breast the left side precisely but it wasn't painful if not pressed. Initially, I didn't see it as something serious until clear fluid began to show on the nipple when pressed and the size of the lump seems reduced when water is being squeezed out.

3weeks after the discovery, I went to see a Medical Doctor in a Federal University Health Centre where I'm schooling. I narrated my ordeal to her and asked me to pull off my T-shirt for her to see the lump in the breast which I did.

She did visual check only. No examination or anything. she said it nothing to worry about that it normal.

She then asked of my age? Told her I'm in my mid-twenties (was specific when telling her tho). Her response was that it normal. Then I told her about some researches I made on the internet, that I think it should be normal if am still in my teens prolly because of puberty. Her response was still the same couldn't believe my ears.

Later told her about the nipple discharge (clear liquid) coming out when pressed. She laughed it off and said maybe it breast milk. I was very vexed and told her what's that suppose to mean, saw the vexed look on my face she then apologized that she didn't mean that way that's normal. She asked if it painful? I said no if not pressed and she gave the same response as usual.

It has been over 2months now I met the Medic but can't get it off my mind. The thought of the lump being cancerous that it'll better if the lump is examined on time has been on my mind ever since then.

Please Medics/Health Practitioners come to my aid, is the Medical Doctor right about lump not being cancerous?

Pls pardon my grammatical errors.

Go for proper check up.
And secondly, don't put it on your mind.

Once your mind start thinking it could be cancer you are already giving it 50% chance.
Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by Tb222(m): 12:15pm On May 25, 2022
tayo60:
you are very wrong, breast cancer does happen to men, it is only rare, several cases have been reported worldwide.
Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by Invest4growth: 12:16pm On May 25, 2022
Run fast to a good hospital
Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by Slymontee: 12:16pm On May 25, 2022
First of all, STOP being afraid. 99% of what we are afraid of don't happen. What you have is called gynecomastia. While I agree with your doctor that it is not cancerous, there may be need to see another doctor for possible analyses of your sex hormones; you may have hormonal imbalance - reason why the development of the lump is belated cos it happens mainly within the age of puberty. Something may be messing up your hormones. That too can be handled!!! Good luck!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by doe: 12:17pm On May 25, 2022
Affect men too.
See a doctor.

tayo60:
Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by Bromax: 12:19pm On May 25, 2022
Go and remove the lump immediately and let them take it to the lab. And if u can take it if advised by a doctor to remove the breast then don't hesitate. Telling you this out of experience

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boy Runs Mad At Tejuosho Market Lagos , Do You Know Him? / Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues / How To Get Big Breast, Hip And Big Butt??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.