Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,668 members, 7,816,749 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? (37489 Views)

Stretch Marks On My Breast / Lump In The Chest- Graphics Pix Attached / Man Discovers A Lady Has Breast Lump During Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by Yankee101: 12:22pm On May 25, 2022
Go for a CT scan
Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by sammirano: 12:23pm On May 25, 2022
Listen at Nig. Doctors at your peril. Everything is fever, maleria typiod to them. Nothing is ever serious. Fucking idiots.when a case may be at stage 1 they will send patients home unstead of through testing. I always advice people to research on tests that may confirm or rule out dangerous diagnoses. At OP, take action on your health, if breast cancer its best when detected very early.

PS: since you a guy, the chance of it being cancer is insignificant. But you need to take care of it, ordinary infection kills
Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by AmbassadoR100(m): 12:25pm On May 25, 2022
Go to a well known hospital and meet the gynecologist
Immaculate755:
Good afternoon Nairalanders.
Please I need your input on the predicament I found myself in.

Roughly 3 months ago, I discovered something like a lump in my breast the left side precisely but it wasn't painful if not pressed. Initially, I didn't see it as something serious until clear fluid began to show on the nipple when pressed and the size of the lump seems reduced when water is being squeezed out.

3weeks after the discovery, I went to see a Medical Doctor in a Federal University Health Centre where I'm schooling. I narrated my ordeal to her and asked me to pull off my T-shirt for her to see the lump in the breast which I did.

She did visual check only. No examination or anything. she said it nothing to worry about that it normal.

She then asked of my age? Told her I'm in my mid-twenties (was specific when telling her tho). Her response was that it normal. Then I told her about some researches I made on the internet, that I think it should be normal if am still in my teens prolly because of puberty. Her response was still the same couldn't believe my ears.

Later told her about the nipple discharge (clear liquid) coming out when pressed. She laughed it off and said maybe it breast milk. I was very vexed and told her what's that suppose to mean, saw the vexed look on my face she then apologized that she didn't mean that way that's normal. She asked if it painful? I said no if not pressed and she gave the same response as usual.

It has been over 2months now I met the Medic but can't get it off my mind. The thought of the lump being cancerous that it'll better if the lump is examined on time has been on my mind ever since then.

Please Medics/Health Practitioners come to my aid, is the Medical Doctor right about lump not being cancerous?

Pls pardon my grammatical errors.

Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by pennywys(m): 12:27pm On May 25, 2022
Immaculate755:

Roughly 3 months ago, I discovered something like a lump in my breast the left side precisely but it wasn't painful if not pressed. Initially, I didn't see it as something serious until clear fluid began to show on the nipple when pressed and the size of the lump seems reduced when water is being squeezed out.

3weeks after the discovery, I went to see a Medical Doctor in a Federal University Health Centre where I'm schooling. I narrated my ordeal to her and asked me to pull off my T-shirt for her to see the lump in the breast which I did.

She did visual check only. No examination or anything. she said it nothing to worry about that it normal.

She then asked of my age? Told her I'm in my mid-twenties (was specific when telling her tho). Her response was that it normal. Then I told her about some researches I made on the internet, that I think it should be normal if am still in my teens prolly because of puberty. Her response was still the same couldn't believe my ears.

Later told her about the nipple discharge (clear liquid) coming out when pressed. She laughed it off and said maybe it breast milk. I was very vexed and told her what's that suppose to mean, saw the vexed look on my face she then apologized that she didn't mean that way that's normal. She asked if it painful? I said no if not pressed and she gave the same response as usual.

It has been over 2months now I met the Medic but can't get it off my mind. The thought of the lump being cancerous that it'll better if the lump is examined on time has been on my mind ever since then.

Please Medics/Health Practitioners come to my aid, is the Medical Doctor right about lump not being cancerous?

According to your narration
1. It's a small lump in there
2. It's not painful
3. When you press it a fluid flow out and the size of the lump will reduce.

From the above narrative; it's normal

But to further get it clear from you I will like the know the following from you-:
1. Do you feel any hotness or bitting sensation even once a while from that part of your chest?
2. The fluid that came out from there, does it have odour or color?
3. Is there any changes in skin color on the particular part of the body?
4. What's your gender?

1 Like

Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by Dmacqh(m): 12:27pm On May 25, 2022
I was tempted to ask you to show us the breast , but as I read more opinions, I was confused if you are a man or woman. If you are a woman , kindly show us your 2 boobs, we can help you analyze , the boy is passing through a lot .
Someone wrote herbs cure cancer , please enlighten more on it . A dear friend lost the mum to cervical cancer despite years of treatment gulping millions .
Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by dochenaj: 12:27pm On May 25, 2022
tayo60:
Breast cancer no dey happen to men. Na woman d thing dey do most
Wrong answer. Men can have breast cancer howbeit not as common as in women. But it is even worse, because it is never diagnosed earlier.

I'm not saying that the op might have breast cancer. I just wanted to correct your statement.
Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by NigeriaB(m): 12:28pm On May 25, 2022
Do you have a history of breast cancer in your family?
If yes, Go see a consultant in JUTH

If No, Go see a constant in JUTH
Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by dochenaj: 12:29pm On May 25, 2022
sisisioge:
My brother, if its painful, its nit cancer.

Meanwhile, see another doctor. Any hard swelling under your armpit? May God help us.
Wrong, cancer can also be painful it depends on what it has infiltrated.
Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by Judybash93(m): 12:29pm On May 25, 2022
tayo60:

Big lie
Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by VenumX: 12:29pm On May 25, 2022
Go and see another doctor.
Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by bolyviz(m): 12:32pm On May 25, 2022
My wife once have it but it has bn removed so my sister, go to the hospital n remove it for it not to escalate to cancer... My candid advice
Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by Samehade: 12:38pm On May 25, 2022
Hello my dear, i was 29 when i got married to my wife of 24 at the time... At 25 she also discover exactly like that.... Please in the name of God go to federal medical center let them examine the fluid..... I have to be very specific, if negative , congratulation, if positive, the start your treatment asap.... That doctor telling you are young, my wife was 25 when she had concer...
Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by donforeign: 12:38pm On May 25, 2022
JovialJune:
That doctor is foolish to say the least, for the fact that liquids come out of your nipples means it's serious, pls go for a proper x-ray in a reputable hospital so as to get the lump removed asap.
that milk aspect no serious. We had a friend in secondary school then and the guy had small breast cos of his little chubby nature. When playing football, we will gather him and press the bresss to see milk hahahahahahahahahahah, we will use that to laugh at him. Next time we are playing football, he will run away when we approach him lol. It was fun back then lol, na so we all go laf en... Now he's married and living so healthy n large, baba nothing like cancer o .. sometimes na fat dey cause am ..
Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by Szamsie1993(m): 12:39pm On May 25, 2022
Please do the needful... it's sign of cancer
Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by bahaushe1: 12:40pm On May 25, 2022
tayo60:

It does.
Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by Oceanjagaban: 12:40pm On May 25, 2022
Yes it is...we no dey give anybody hope for here.positivity comes from within.
Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by mcluya: 12:40pm On May 25, 2022
Nothing to worry about, I myself have it and it's called gynecomastia, there's no cure and the only way out is through surgery. Apart from the body shaming it brings you can leave with it. It been cause by hormones

1 Like

Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by Freelane33(m): 12:41pm On May 25, 2022
Bro it’s normal , stop reading from internet . I have passed through that stage too grin
Immaculate755:

Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by Benwems(m): 12:43pm On May 25, 2022
Immaculate755:

No, there's no any swelling under the airmpit.

Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by Neddyogu(m): 12:43pm On May 25, 2022
It might be nothing, it might be gynaemastia ( if u are male), it might be ur hormones trying to balance themselves out as a result of puberty given ur age and yes not everyone completes puberty in their teens or early adulthood (males produce estradiols and other oestrogens too albeit to a lesser degree than females). But for peace of mind, ( also prepare ur heart for the worst) go for a biopsy by Fine Needle Aspirations in a good hospital with histopathology and cytology lab. My two cents
Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by Elvis778(m): 12:47pm On May 25, 2022
Lol, it's normal, maybe you had late puberty? If this is the first time u are having this(didn't have it during Ur teenage years) then it's normal
Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by Elvis778(m): 12:49pm On May 25, 2022
JovialJune:
That doctor is foolish to say the least, for the fact that liquids come out of your nipples means it's serious, pls go for a proper x-ray in a reputable hospital so as to get the lump removed asap.
Lol, this thing happens to most teenage guys, maybe his is coming late, it's a hormonal something
Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by anonymuz(m): 12:54pm On May 25, 2022
haggai247:

You want to give yourself cancer continue thinking it's cancer then it'll be cancer.
Cause=effect.
What the mind can conceive the body can achieve.
Control your thoughts they become actions control your actions they become habits...
$000.2
control your habits they become character they become....let another person finish am...
Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by sharpchap: 12:55pm On May 25, 2022
do an ultrasound scan of the breast
Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by bunsuq: 1:02pm On May 25, 2022
Please go to a teaching hospital
Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by chrisooblog: 1:13pm On May 25, 2022
It affects men too though not as common with women.

tayo60:
Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by chrisooblog: 1:18pm On May 25, 2022
Please get it checked out immediately. The sooner you know what it is the faster you can get it treated because delay could make it worse or even be more complicated. Pray it's nothing serious also wishing you complete recovery whatever it might be.

Immaculate755:

Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by Ororocelemi(m): 1:22pm On May 25, 2022
bro pictures!!!
go for more check up in another hospital

Immaculate755:

Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by Braveryy(m): 1:22pm On May 25, 2022
You prolly don't believe her because you are scared. But I tell you, it's nothing to worry about because I've had same experience, at same age range. There was nothing I didn't research about... buh relax, It will mostly go on its own.
Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by DorianD(m): 1:30pm On May 25, 2022
Our education system is in chaos.A Doctor once asked me: what is gluten, after I told him I was allergic to gluton
Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by kefason(m): 1:30pm On May 25, 2022
Cashio:
arrant nonsense. So if he truly has cancer and he keeps lying to himself that is is malaria, it will change the narrative....all these silly religious sentiments.
Re: Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? by Originalsly: 1:44pm On May 25, 2022
Cancer I don't think so. Not a medic.... but it can be ingrown hair.... do you shave your chest?... instead of hair boring out it curls back into the flesh and can form like abscess. Had that on neck... went to Emergency... they took this blade .. made tiny cut on my neck to drain the fluid and free the hair... no anesthetic!.... didn't even know when it healed. Maybe same with you. For now I'll suggest soak clean rag in hot water and press on area regularly to free build up and maybe get rid of whatever.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boy Runs Mad At Tejuosho Market Lagos , Do You Know Him? / Lagos Ebola Patients Neglected,critically Ill – Relatives,colleagues / How To Get Big Breast, Hip And Big Butt??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.