Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? (30874 Views)

Is It Still Cheaper To Cook At Home Against Eating Out? / Nigerians Spent ₦4.6 Trillion Eating Out In 2019 / Are You Tired Of Market Hustling Before Cooking Or Having An Event? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by madridsta007(m): 4:32pm On May 25, 2022
ashewoboy:
I'm serious. I'm about to make a decision.

COOKING.
100%

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by OBA117(m): 4:33pm On May 25, 2022
Cooking over eating outside 1000 times.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by Yankee101: 4:33pm On May 25, 2022
Cooking of course

1 Like

Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 25, 2022
Very dumb question..When you did both, which did you spend more on.. Mtscheeewww asking as if you be pikin
Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by VenumX: 4:34pm On May 25, 2022
Cooking is cheaper and healthier.

Alot of Frustráted people out there. They can spit, sh1t and wash their privates into your food and you go chop am.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by Olaideolayemi(m): 4:34pm On May 25, 2022
Being an Economic man..Cooking food are more cheaper,especially when you have all the basic amenties for cooking..Like gas,electric stove,pot and many variety of food in wardrobe,satisfaction is quaranted,belleful is sure,and little saving at the end of the month,depending on your income..especially at this hard times of the economy..where income is poor to spending..

d

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by Alusiizizi(m): 4:35pm On May 25, 2022
peacebirdone:

Adding to this.

Cost of human resource:
Eating out: a human being cooks for you and washes after you. #blessing

Cost of storage:
You not keeping what you eating. No cooling charge.

Yes, you're quite right.

1 Like

Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by tuzle(m): 4:35pm On May 25, 2022
it all depend on location and how much u eat. some guys can eat like 2k outside and it doesnt satisfy them. but where i work here in lekki, i buy like 500 naira food in the afternoon and it is satisfying. some will add things like plantain, spagetti, two meat, and many more which makes the food outside more expensive. but if u are buying just one variety, eating outside isnt that expensive. but cooking ur own food is the best, as it is more hygienic. but it is God that is protecting everyone of us

1 Like

Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by samsard(m): 4:35pm On May 25, 2022
EmekaBlue:
Na una wey like food na. As a hustling bachelor now

I only eat to stay alive. Sometimes no food for a day. U won't beleive but im sincere.
You're risking ulcer in the long-term. Food is a necessity. Eating at least twice a day is a necessity. Unless you're overweight & have to eat light and fast intermittently.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by LZAA: 4:39pm On May 25, 2022
Cooking ooo
Eating out will drain your pockets quick
Kuku buy foodstuffs drop for house

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by kilokeys(m): 4:41pm On May 25, 2022
Id advice a single person to eat out. its cost effective.
but learn how to cook and have some staples at home; indomie, pasta, garri, beverages to augment ur diet.

i do both and trust me ... i am a great cook. here are some of my meals @manniecooks

1 Like

Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by kilokeys(m): 4:42pm On May 25, 2022
kilokeys:
Id advice a single person to eat out. its cost effective.
but learn how to cook and have some staples at home; indomie, pasta, garri, beverages to augment ur diet.

i do both and trust me ... i am a great cook. here are some of my meals @manniecooks

cooking is not a luxury... its an essential survival skill

2 Likes

Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by Larrysung(m): 4:45pm On May 25, 2022
Sweetplum:
Cooking is more cheaper
True. And would last you a long time more

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by Emeka71(m): 4:45pm On May 25, 2022
Bluezy13:
Eating out is more cost effective.

Additionally, you get to eat varieties.

For example,
You can use N3,000 to cook a restaurant standard soup minus Eba. Then you keep eating the same soup over and over.
But with that N2,000, you can eat rice, okro soup, eat melon, eat bitterleaf soup at different times plus garri in a restaurant or mamaput depending on your location...if we are to assume a plate of food to be N500. You can add extra if you want.

Notwithstanding the gas, water, stress and time used to cook that food. And imagine warming a pot of soup over and over for someone without a refrigerator or electricity let alone the cost of fuel and maintenance of generator if inclusive.

But if two or more persons are involved, cooking is preferable.

It is worthy of note that the criterion for judgement here is relating eating out to cooking considering a particular amount of money.
On point.
Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by Titugirl(f): 4:46pm On May 25, 2022
As a single person, eating out is more cost effective
Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by alaska4life: 4:46pm On May 25, 2022
Cooking is the best! Because I do eat outside sometimes. Comparing the cost and eating to your satisfaction
Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by Cutehector(m): 4:46pm On May 25, 2022
Eating out please
Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by anayolity: 4:46pm On May 25, 2022
YoungDaNaval:
soup and Eba 400? Meat dey inside at all bros

Here in pH na 1k with one meat oh

Baba nah #500 I dey use chop eba and soup here ooh in Lagos with 2 meat... I dey belleful scara .

God bless that Akwa iBom woman for me
Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by TFLASHOGEE(m): 4:47pm On May 25, 2022
for me eating out is for calculation but not satisfaction but cooking at home comes with satisfaction and it just have this natural joy that comes with it maybe due to stress and finally seeing the end result of your effort wink

1 Like

Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by Bluezy13(m): 4:48pm On May 25, 2022
skywalker240:

My guy come try eating out for Benin city make you know wetin life de talk

You go chop 1200 naira worth food in the afternoon, you go hungry before 45mins

Am safe to conclude, You might probably be in one of those northern states where foodstuffs and restaurants food's are excessively cheap and served in large quantities

Over here in Benin

2 meat= 200 each

4 wraps of fufu (the size of a 1 year old baby's fist) = 100 naira each

Vegetables soup= 150

Orha soup= 150

Egusi and ogbonor= free

As for spoon

Rice= 400 (na that one aldut fit eat)

2 meat= 200 each

Spaghetti= 200

Or

2 meat= 200 each

Boiled Beans=200

Rice=300

4 pieces of Dodo (fried plantain) =150

Boiled egg = 100 naira

In the evening

Palm Oil beans = 250 (na that one aldut fit eat)

Bread (small) = 150

Pap = 200

Milk = 250

Sugar (optional)=50

Calculate all those prices for a week, then you'll know nothing beats cooking at home even if it involves gas, stove, firewood or even electric plates.

As for variety, won't argue that, but cooking at home has its own advantage, as you can add what and what were not added to the recipe

But eating out variety or not, is darn expensive

Okay
Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by gevans(m): 4:49pm On May 25, 2022
ashewoboy:
I'm serious. I'm about to make a decision.
l have been eating outside since 2018 that I round off NYSC. I last refilled my gas cylinder in 2018, and it's still more than half.
Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by Pimine: 4:50pm On May 25, 2022
Coded081:

All these food stuffs will last more than one month
Aswearugaaad

Exactly! There's no way anyone will convince me that it's cheaper to eat out.

It's not just cheaper to cook; it's healthier and safer, too. Did you know some food vendors use paracetamol tablets to soften their meat?
Now imagine eating there everyday for months. Slow poison.

4 Likes

Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by Lifewasgood: 4:51pm On May 25, 2022
If you don't have fridge to store the food you cook and not forgetting generator to on the fridge, bros be eating outside except you don't mind eating same thing morning, afternoon and evening.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by Nyne: 4:51pm On May 25, 2022
Bluezy13:

For example,
You can use N3,000 to cook a restaurant standard soup minus Eba. Then you keep eating the same soup over and over.
But with that N2,000, you can eat rice, okro soup, eat melon, eat bitterleaf soup at different times plus garri in a restaurant or mamaput depending on your location...if we are to assume a plate of food to be N500. You can add extra if you want.

Notwithstanding the gas, water, stress and time used to cook that food. And imagine warming a pot of soup over and over for someone without a refrigerator or electricity let alone the cost of fuel and maintenance of generator if inclusive.

It is worthy of note that the criterion for judgement here is relating eating out to cooking considering a particular amount of money.

You smashed it. Kudos!
Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by vico4luv20(m): 4:54pm On May 25, 2022
you didn't add fish and meat, abi you wan dey eat without animal
egg and plantain, abi you no wan add nourishment for the food......vitamins
and not to forget cook different kind of soup at least 4 times in a month that is different type of soup in a week

And there's no way am gonna eat 1000 food in the morning and night
So maybe you recalculate again

Deepocean:
No matter how, cooking will always be cost effective.

For you to eat satisfactory in any mamaput these days, you will have at least 1,000

Let say you want to eat 1,000 food in the morning, eat snacks of 300 in the afternoon and another 1,000 meal as dinner.

This will amount to 16,100 in a week and 69,000 in a month of 30 days.

Now, if you use 69,000 to get raw food.

Analysis: If you look out to fill your gas from the seller selling in bulk you will fill at an average of 700/kg. You will fill 12.5kg cylinder with 9,000 transport included.

Out of 69,000.

1 12.5kg gas +transport fare = 9,000

1. ½ bag of rice = 15,000

2 Bean = 5,000

3. Semi 10kg = 6,000

4. Garri = 3,000

5. Yam = 5000

Ingredients for cooking soup eg: Palm oil, seasoning and others =5,000

Balance = 26,000

Out of the remaining 26,000
Budget 4,000 for soup and the transport fare to buy the ingredients every week.

Remaining 6,000 can be kept for miscellaneous and evening suya and Pepsi while returning from work.
Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by OvertheTop(m): 4:54pm On May 25, 2022
Deepocean:
No matter how, cooking will always be cost effective.

For you to eat satisfactory in any mamaput these days, you will have at least 1,000

Let say you want to eat 1,000 food in the morning, eat snacks of 300 in the afternoon and another 1,000 meal as dinner.

This will amount to 16,100 in a week and 69,000 in a month of 30 days.

Now, if you use 69,000 to get raw food.

Analysis: If you look out to fill your gas from the seller selling in bulk you will fill at an average of 700/kg. You will fill 12.5kg cylinder with 9,000 transport included.

Out of 69,000.

1 12.5kg gas +transport fare = 9,000

1. ½ bag of rice = 15,000

2 Bean = 5,000

3. Semi 10kg = 6,000

4. Garri = 3,000

5. Yam = 5000

Ingredients for cooking soup eg: Palm oil, seasoning and others =5,000

Balance = 26,000

Out of the remaining 26,000
Budget 4,000 for soup and the transport fare to buy the ingredients every week.

Remaining 6,000 can be kept for miscellaneous and evening suya and Pepsi while returning from work.

Impossible:

This your Food Stuff Supply CANNOT last 1 Week. if it Does Max is 10 Days
then You have to factor in the Time and Stress of the cooking.....Imagining being a Programmer and cooking.....chai....
you go chop POP Beans tire!
Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by Burgerlomo: 4:55pm On May 25, 2022
Cooking for sure cool
Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by Nilon: 4:55pm On May 25, 2022
PerfectStranger:
Outside food no dey belly full me,an hour later I'll feel hungry again.
But naija economy now is messed up, gas now is 800 per kg, foodstuffs on a high side.
All thanks to mama nkechi restaurant grin
sidechick or wife, who do you prefer in bed?
Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by capetownboyz(m): 4:56pm On May 25, 2022
ashewoboy:

Dope response.
nonsense response .. why seek an advice without having it in mind people choose to eat differently.. are you trying to compare mama put with household cooking expenses.. not everyone desires mama and most people eat out at good restaurants which makes the other guys response valid ..
Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by Nilon: 4:56pm On May 25, 2022
VenumX:
Cooking is cheaper and healthier.

Alot of Frustráted people out there. They can spit, sh1t and wash their privates into your food and you go chop am.
iyama
Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by skywalker240(m): 4:57pm On May 25, 2022
Bluezy13:

Okay
wink One love

1 Like

Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by tonyson010(m): 4:58pm On May 25, 2022
Bluezy13:

For example,
But with that N3,000, you can eat rice, okro soup, eat melon, eat bitterleaf soup at different times plus garri in a restaurant or mamaput depending on your location...if we are to assume a plate of food to be N500. You can add extra if you want.

u r right

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Dodo (fried Plantains) Gallery. / See The Water Yams We Bought For 1,500 Naira In Yakurr LGA, Cross River State. / Ogbono Soup With Step By Step Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.