Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,154 members, 7,818,492 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. (47206 Views)

Never Look Down On Menial Jobs / Careers/jobs People Dont Bother To Attend The Interviews / Don't Look Down On Any Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by floss(m): 4:05pm On May 26, 2022
Lol
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Bobloco: 4:06pm On May 26, 2022
Man must survive
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Edwardagato(m): 4:06pm On May 26, 2022
Imagine
May God help us
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by mokt(m): 4:06pm On May 26, 2022
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. I will be mentioning some jobs people look down, that they are now doing.
1. Bus Conductor: Then, Bus conduct jobs are jobs people claimed or see as jobs meant for illiterates, school drop outs, touts or for people who don't have future. Many people have shyed away from doing this job and many are still shying away from as a result of this. 2ndly, there is this belief or assumption that, the job is meant for guys alone, lol. Now, ladies are doing the job.

2. Shoe Cobbler: In a lame's man language, shoe maker. Then it was assumed or believed that the job is meant for the Aboki or Mallam people(Northerns). The truth is that, they were the ones very popular and famous for the job. U will rarely see other tribes doing the job. But now, people desire to learn it. Some people are now earning a living with it.

3. Cleaner(Compound cleaning)/cleaning in general: Women are now doing this job to earn a living. Married women and single-mothers, most especially.

4. Barbing: In those days, people rarely value or don't value Barbing as a job. Then, if u want to barb, u will have to walk far away from ur home to have a haircut. Do u know why? Only very people had interest to be a barber. But now, u can easily see Barbing salon in every street. Back then, it wasn't so.

These are the ones i can remember for now. U can add urs.

Barbing bro. Shoe cobbler not bad too

1 Like

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by VeryWickedMan: 4:06pm On May 26, 2022
Yahoo Boy
Olosho
Ritualist
Music artiste
Footballer
Lecturer
Iron kwandem (declutter)
Driver
Cook (Chef)
Mechanic
Tailor
Photographer
Carpenter (furniture)
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by blackbone989(m): 4:07pm On May 26, 2022
Is uber a good business to into? If yes,which area is fair to ply? Assuming u are buying your car. Secondly must u know d route or is there a kind of assistant to help u
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by elfiddy(m): 4:09pm On May 26, 2022
Photography

1 Like

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by SensualMan: 4:09pm On May 26, 2022
Okirika clothes - graduates.

Crayfish - graduates

Okpa di oku - graduates

Keke - graduates

Onye obioma - graduates

Duma duma - graduates.

Thunder fire Tinubu!

4 Likes

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by spencekat(m): 4:09pm On May 26, 2022
Omicron007:
shocked

Clitocurrency.
One of the oldest professions. It has been there ,just that technology 'modified 'it.

2 Likes

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Nobody: 4:10pm On May 26, 2022
Holly gram electricity work de na
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Olayetan(m): 4:10pm On May 26, 2022
OtopDesign:

I got a driving job.... I'm just skeptical if it's ok for a fresh graduate

Being an employed driver doesn't pay unless you drive for commercial purpose.

1 Like

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Skillsnigeria: 4:11pm On May 26, 2022
grin hmmm
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by americaninja1: 4:12pm On May 26, 2022
Truvelisback:
Frying Akara and cooking/selling of food wasn't that rampart then but since Buhari came into power and brought change(Hunger and poverty), it has become rampart. Even those who are poor cook are now forced to going into it, just to survive.
that people who can’t cook venturing into cooking is rampant on the island here. Chai , u d taste some food and u would be like shey wereh lo se ounje yi ni, shey Na mad person cook dis food, tasteless or funny tastes of food everywhere. Forget the lekki package, d food no Dey sweet atall. Amala go dey get koko for restaurant. I miss the good old days. Buuka amala Na d best

8 Likes

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Olayetan(m): 4:12pm On May 26, 2022
blackbone989:
Is uber a good business to into? If yes,which area is fair to ply? Assuming u are buying your car. Secondly must u know d route or is there a kind of assistant to help u

Uber is good and you can use google map to assist you with route but becareful of road forces.

1 Like

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Moutine(m): 4:13pm On May 26, 2022
Pos agent

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Donbazooka: 4:14pm On May 26, 2022
What about pos

2 Likes

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by juman(m): 4:15pm On May 26, 2022
All kinds of jobs are good jobs.
You can become millionaire from it if you are smart.
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Bbbw: 4:16pm On May 26, 2022
Oh
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Muhammadson2020: 4:17pm On May 26, 2022
affable4:
Number 1 should be Uber o. Not until peeps realise how much you can make from driving uber that they linda stopped behaving like mumu.

My friend laughed at me when I started driving uber. Until I started giving him and others one bottle each whenever I try to chill and they come around, baba asked me if he could do uber with Honda EOD, I smiled and sha gave him my best advice.

But Uber is has casted, it is not what it used to be

2 Likes

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by jaxxy(m): 4:19pm On May 26, 2022
Very funny.
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Saifullah01: 4:19pm On May 26, 2022
My wife, then my betrothed said she was never going to get married to a banker or a lecturer

As GOD will have it after our marriage I've worked in two banks and have taught at a Federal University grin

Although I've moved on to another career path, but I always remind her of this.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by juman(m): 4:20pm On May 26, 2022
blackbone989:

Google map is your guide.
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by juman(m): 4:23pm On May 26, 2022
I thank god right now and every time for me to have courage to go out to work.

Thank you god.
Loads of people that doing nothing. We see them daily.

Going to work, I see the work as privilege.
I don't joke with it.

2 Likes

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by ozo13(m): 4:24pm On May 26, 2022
affable4:
Number 1 should be Uber o. Not until peeps realise how much you can make from driving uber that they linda stopped behaving like mumu.

My friend laughed at me when I started driving uber. Until I started giving him and others one bottle each whenever I try to chill and they come around, baba asked me if he could do uber with Honda EOD, I smiled and sha gave him my best advice.
hahahaha smiley
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Proudlyomonna: 4:25pm On May 26, 2022
Buhari don comot shame for people eyes by force � grin grin
Come see niggies with dread and ear rings frying akara you go believe se sapa no get mate grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 4:25pm On May 26, 2022
Ngenge:
Working as a security man
Carpentry/furniture making
Make-up artists
musician they called them beggars before.
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by ErnieSmallzz(f): 4:25pm On May 26, 2022
winkproud of what I do tho.. I make cakes, location is ikotun, I deliver anywhere in Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Zubaidabta12(m): 4:27pm On May 26, 2022
Yes we do like I am at my current work where am pissed off every day I go to the office by the realities not really tackled.

1 Like

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 4:28pm On May 26, 2022
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. I will be mentioning some jobs people look down, that they are now doing.
1. Bus Conductor: Then, Bus conduct jobs are jobs people claimed or see as jobs meant for illiterates, school drop outs, touts or for people who don't have future. Many people have shyed away from doing this job and many are still shying away from as a result of this. 2ndly, there is this belief or assumption that, the job is meant for guys alone, lol. Now, ladies are doing the job.

2. Shoe Cobbler: In a lame's man language, shoe maker. Then it was assumed or believed that the job is meant for the Aboki or Mallam people(Northerns). The truth is that, they were the ones very popular and famous for the job. U will rarely see other tribes doing the job. But now, people desire to learn it. Some people are now earning a living with it.

3. Cleaner(Compound cleaning)/cleaning in general: Women are now doing this job to earn a living. Married women and single-mothers, most especially.

4. Barbing: In those days, people rarely value or don't value Barbing as a job. Then, if u want to barb, u will have to walk far away from ur home to have a haircut. Do u know why? Only very people had interest to be a barber. But now, u can easily see Barbing salon in every street. Back then, it wasn't so.

These are the ones i can remember for now. U can add urs.

bro it's barbering not barbing unless you're talking about Barb wire.

1 Like

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by emerged01(m): 4:32pm On May 26, 2022
Football,boxing,musician(Alagbe) etc
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by DSC7: 4:33pm On May 26, 2022
americaninja1:
that people who can’t cook venturing into cooking is rampant on the island here. Chai , u d taste some food and u would be like shey wereh lo se ounje yi ni, shey Na mad person cook dis food, tasteless or funny tastes of food everywhere. Forget the lekki package, d food no Dey sweet atall. Amala go dey get koko for restaurant. I miss the good old days. Buuka amala Na d best

Lekki na pure packaging.
.so many fake people and fake hustle...

Na Only igbos and calabars dey try for food for lekki...

2 Likes

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Unshackled: 4:35pm On May 26, 2022
I'm surprised you didn't add police and army

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From / Accion Microfinance Bank Invitation / How I Messed Up Job Interview Today... Please Learn!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.