Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,386 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. (47210 Views)

Never Look Down On Menial Jobs / Careers/jobs People Dont Bother To Attend The Interviews / Don't Look Down On Any Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by madjune(m): 4:37pm On May 26, 2022
As an undergraduate in the 90s, I did bus conductor services for my elder brother's bus line during the holidays.
To be honest, it was fun and fulfilling then.
We plied Owerri-Aba route daily, only rested on Sundays.
I learnt a lot on the road. You'd learn a lot by reading the passengers and you'd see people in diverse dimensions of life challenges that would leave you weak.
I can understand why some conductors would ask a certain passenger not to pay.

And when I'd go back to school with lots of money, my friends won't believe I did conductor service while they were chilling.
All they did was task me for little change.

How time flies.

6 Likes

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Cti28(m): 4:38pm On May 26, 2022
BigDawsNet:
Bus conduct

People ignore that job...

I no a guy that run conductor job in lag for 2years... and relocated abroad with the savings...

I don't know his current networth...but this guy is on top!

They make a lot of money, but all will be spent on women, drugs, gambling and alchohol.

3 Likes

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by iswallker(m): 4:39pm On May 26, 2022
Elsueno:
Hunger never wired some of u.....the things I have did ehn......grin grin

Did indeed undecided

Me sef dey farm like dis

grin

2 Likes

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Emk5556: 4:45pm On May 26, 2022
Even laundry.

2 Likes

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 4:48pm On May 26, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
Yahoo Boy
Olosho
Ritualist
Music artiste
Footballer
Lecturer
Iron kwandem (declutter)
Driver
Cook (Chef)
Mechanic
Tailor
Photographer
Carpenter (furniture)

Iron kwandem... Loooooooooooooooooooooooool, I don laugh tire

Exactly how those guys pronounce it o

2 Likes

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Nobody: 4:49pm On May 26, 2022
How did we get to this level undecided

2 Likes

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by BigDawsNet: 5:00pm On May 26, 2022
Cti28:

They make a lot of money, but all will be spent on women, drugs, gambling and alchohol.

The dude was educated... he focused on the job and save massively...

He travelled and his family are forever greatful

3 Likes

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by blesskewe(f): 5:04pm On May 26, 2022
BigDawsNet:
Bus conduct

I no a guy that run conductor job in lag for 2years... and relocated abroad with the savings...

I did this job bro

Money day inside
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by dammyco(m): 5:06pm On May 26, 2022
Barber is okay.

1 Like

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by BigDawsNet: 5:06pm On May 26, 2022
blesskewe:

I did this job bro

Money day inside

For real bro...

Na just dat you hav to be strong to deal with the collectors officers on green
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Worldlegend(m): 5:08pm On May 26, 2022
Include POS
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by blesskewe(f): 5:09pm On May 26, 2022
BigDawsNet:

For real bro...

Na just dat you hav to be strong to deal with the collectors officers on green

Am a babe hun.........

Those guys show no really answer us that time....
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by showafrica(m): 5:10pm On May 26, 2022
BigDawsNet:
Bus conduct

Don't be too sure... Person fit don forget his bag, the guy blow use am japa

1 Like

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by BigDawsNet: 5:14pm On May 26, 2022
showafrica:

Don't be too sure... Person fit don forget his bag, the guy blow use am japa

His not a guy I heard about his story..

His a guy in know very very well...

He save massively for 2 years... and left!
Not on study
But a very cheap visa type
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by kaymart: 5:15pm On May 26, 2022
OtopDesign:

50-60k
Which state in the country?
I hope it's not Lagos?
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Cti28(m): 5:16pm On May 26, 2022
BigDawsNet:

The dude was educated... he focused on the job and save massively...
He travelled and his family are forever greatful
He is wise and determined
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by BigDawsNet: 5:17pm On May 26, 2022
blesskewe:

Am a babe hun.........

Those guys show no really answer us that time....

Babe! grin sorry my dear...

Some ladies are doing conductor jobs this day oh... but they are not like the average looking ladies ...
They are very strong physically

1 Like

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by minasu190: 5:17pm On May 26, 2022
Dry cleaner,in the days of yore,people see dry cleaners as dirty,poor and illiterate,but now with the help of washing machine even graduates are now proud of being a dry cleaner.
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by BigDawsNet: 5:19pm On May 26, 2022
Cti28:

He is wise and determined

Absolutely... he knew what he wanted before he started the job...
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by NwaIgboBoy(m): 5:21pm On May 26, 2022
And joining APC
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Jaqenhghar: 5:22pm On May 26, 2022
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. I will be mentioning some jobs people look down, that they are now doing.
1. Bus Conductor: Then, Bus conduct jobs are jobs people claimed or see as jobs meant for illiterates, school drop outs, touts or for people who don't have future. Many people have shyed away from doing this job and many are still shying away from as a result of this. 2ndly, there is this belief or assumption that, the job is meant for guys alone, lol. Now, ladies are doing the job.

2. Shoe Cobbler: In a lame's man language, shoe maker. Then it was assumed or believed that the job is meant for the Aboki or Mallam people(Northerns). The truth is that, they were the ones very popular and famous for the job. U will rarely see other tribes doing the job. But now, people desire to learn it. Some people are now earning a living with it.

3. Cleaner(Compound cleaning)/cleaning in general: Women are now doing this job to earn a living. Married women and single-mothers, most especially.

4. Barbing: In those days, people rarely value or don't value Barbing as a job. Then, if u want to barb, u will have to walk far away from ur home to have a haircut. Do u know why? Only very people had interest to be a barber. But now, u can easily see Barbing salon in every street. Back then, it wasn't so.

These are the ones i can remember for now. U can add urs.

Generally Niggerians hate hard work. Hard work is called suffering. Thats why they all want to be in one office where they will sit all day doing nothing

2 Likes

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by jojothaiv(m): 5:27pm On May 26, 2022
Worked as a cleaner few months after NYSC and my perspective change forever.
There's no small job, just small people.

I still hustle as a cleaner till date.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by able20(m): 5:33pm On May 26, 2022
Thanksful:
How did we get to this level undecided
Necessity is the mother of invention.” Buhari introduced a hardship policy that made a PhD holder in Nigeria to start driving Keke napep, a MBA holders looking for Okada as a means of survival

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by blesskewe(f): 5:39pm On May 26, 2022
BigDawsNet:

Babe! grin sorry my dear...

Some ladies are doing conductor jobs this day oh... but they are not like the average looking ladies ...
They are very strong physically

Na mouth we get
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by ohyeman(m): 5:40pm On May 26, 2022
Non of you mentioned dry-cleaning job and pos

1 Like

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by BigDawsNet: 5:42pm On May 26, 2022
blesskewe:

Na mouth we get

Lol grin cheesy grin

That mouth they control men oh
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by blesskewe(f): 5:43pm On May 26, 2022
BigDawsNet:

Lol grin cheesy grin

That mouth they control men oh
But you see transport business

Omo.

Na small bank

1 Like

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Bbdiyya: 5:47pm On May 26, 2022
OtopDesign:

I got a driving job.... I'm just skeptical if it's ok for a fresh graduate
Did I hear you say fresh graduate? Bro don't deceive yourself with that certificate, unless you have connections here and there.

1 Like

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by blesskewe(f): 5:47pm On May 26, 2022
blackbone989:
Is uber a good business to into? If yes,which area is fair to ply? Assuming u are buying your car. Secondly must u know d route or is there a kind of assistant to help u

Becareful of those road forces

Don't go and follow all those mini buses and drag road

Where the forces go allow mini bus pass
Them fit catch you
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by BigDawsNet: 5:50pm On May 26, 2022
blesskewe:

But you see transport business

Omo.

Na small bank

Ya, drivers and conductors with visions are doing really well now..

Even the Ubers, bolt are making real income
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by TruthHurts100: 6:05pm On May 26, 2022
Olosho
Runs girl too.
People used to be ashamed of this job but now they are doing it with pride.

Our generation is dead.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From / Accion Microfinance Bank Invitation / How I Messed Up Job Interview Today... Please Learn!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.