Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,682 members, 7,955,530 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:28 AM

Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. (47422 Views)

Never Look Down On Menial Jobs / Careers/jobs People Dont Bother To Attend The Interviews / Don't Look Down On Any Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by blesskewe(f): 6:10pm On May 26, 2022
BigDawsNet:

Ya, drivers and conductors with visions are doing really well now..

Even the Ubers, bolt are making real income

Mad ooooooo
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by vickydevoka(m): 6:20pm On May 26, 2022
Divoc19:
How about for ladies?
Hairdressers
Tailors
From baking cake to early morning puff puff
etc
Even me don dey find lesson work lowkey grin
Sapa no be anybody mate grin
Remove tailoring, unless u have many workers

3 Likes

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by americaninja1: 6:26pm On May 26, 2022
DSC7:

Lekki na pure packaging.
.so many fake people and fake hustle...

Na Only igbos and calabars dey try for food for lekki...
maybe the old Igbo and calabar kitchen. The new ones Na still rubbish dem Dey cook

1 Like

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by youngtee5(m): 7:36pm On May 26, 2022
blackbone989:
Is uber a good business to into? If yes,which area is fair to ply? Assuming u are buying your car. Secondly must u know d route or is there a kind of assistant to help u
Is a good business. Any area starting from ur house if u stay in Lagos 2. Most people make use of Google maps for directions. But there are some roads in Lagos you can pass in the morning but afternoon/evening is oneway but Google will never tell u this. So you have to be careful and observe everything on the road
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Okobola146: 7:46pm On May 26, 2022
The list is incomplete without ashewo work. Both full time and part time

1 Like

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by orikoku: 7:57pm On May 26, 2022
Okada business
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Truvelisback(m): 8:06pm On May 26, 2022
Ihatebuhariwith:
bro it's barbering not barbing unless you're talking about Barb wire.
All join. English language usage isn't permanent. There are English expressions that are correct now, from five to ten years time, these English expressions would change and would no longer be correct.
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Truvelisback(m): 8:10pm On May 26, 2022
mokt:

Barbing bro. Shoe cobbler not bad too
But people are shy learning or doing the job. Although, there are people doing the job. Those days, people rarely do the job to avoid being mocked at. But now, other tribes are doing it.
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by remsonik(f): 8:13pm On May 26, 2022
I do sell organic skincare and haircare products, and also jewelries, perfumes. This days I now hawk them within the secretariat, offices and corporate organizations and I make massive sales.

1 Like

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Truvelisback(m): 8:13pm On May 26, 2022
Okobola146:
The list is incomplete without ashewo work. Both full time and part time
Ashawo ke! hmmmm, it isn't a decent job ooo. And the stigma attached to the job ehn! No be here.
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by achi4u(m): 8:32pm On May 26, 2022
Na only police job people are still shying away with... D the day u enter police work na dat day you turned to street enemy even if na Rev fathergrin

Man must survive anyhow.

2 Likes

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by NaijaCars4sale: 8:40pm On May 26, 2022
This is very true, even Photography should be included

1 Like

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 9:09pm On May 26, 2022
Truvelisback:
All join. English language usage isn't permanent. There are English expressions that are correct now, from five to ten years time, these English expressions would change and would no longer be correct.
disagree with you cus oyibo people don't know what is barbing.. Nigerians will say barbing saloon instead of barbering salon or barber shop..
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Truvelisback(m): 9:10pm On May 26, 2022
Mrlloyd:
Teaching grin
Walahi! I never wished or dreamed in my entire life that i would teach in any school b4. The struggle for survival gave me no choice than to do it.

1 Like

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Truvelisback(m): 9:20pm On May 26, 2022
Ihatebuhariwith:
disagree with you cus oyibo people don't know what is barbing.. Nigerians will say barbing saloon instead of barbering salon or barber shop..
So, u think the oyibos don't commit blunders in their grammars? Lol. They do. Mind u, there are words that used to be right then, that are now wrong. E.g Then: "In the bus" Now; on the bus. Then: "Talkless of" Now: "Let alone" and others. English expression changes. There are some expressions that are correct now that would change or no longer be correct.
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Truvelisback(m): 9:32pm On May 26, 2022
Transcriber:
Even music

At some point musicians were seen as low in Nigeria.
Now levels don change.

Upcoming artistes everywhere
As a Naija musician or artiste, u need luck for u to make wave in the music industry. In most cases, the people u see and hear their music making wave do not make wave because their lyrics are meaningful. Na luck or favour. There are people who sings beautifully, have nice voice, and good musical lyrics that aren't making any wave. Dem no even blow self.
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Truvelisback(m): 9:40pm On May 26, 2022
ifeconwamama247:
Police
True. People are now applying for it, not because they like the job but because of scarcity of good paying job in Naija and the present hardship in the country.
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by tospel: 9:42pm On May 26, 2022
The truth was I actually looked down on what I'm presently doing, got stocked to IT and it's environs for years after graduation, cos I saw it ridiculing and not befitting!

Not that IT isn't wealthy to make me one, but couldn't just navigate my way thru it and I don't have a mentor.

I made my first million, in less than 3 months of my full adoption, when all hope are lost, and I'm still waxing stronger day in, out.
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Truvelisback(m): 9:45pm On May 26, 2022
americaninja1:
that people who can’t cook venturing into cooking is rampant on the island here. Chai , u d taste some food and u would be like shey wereh lo se ounje yi ni, shey Na mad person cook dis food, tasteless or funny tastes of food everywhere. Forget the lekki package, d food no Dey sweet atall. Amala go dey get koko for restaurant. I miss the good old days. Buuka amala Na d best
Bros, na Buhari cause am. He has really brought Change(severe hunger and hardship). So, people are now doing anything to survive. grin
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Truvelisback(m): 9:48pm On May 26, 2022
Donbazooka:
What about pos
That one na MTN, everywhere u go. Na Pos dey compete with RCCG church branches now.
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Truvelisback(m): 9:50pm On May 26, 2022
Proudlyomonna:
Buhari don comot shame for people eyes by force � grin grin
Come see niggies with dread and ear rings frying akara you go believe se sapa no get mate grin grin

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Truvelisback(m): 9:58pm On May 26, 2022
Cti28:

They make a lot of money, but all will be spent on women, drugs, gambling and alchohol.
Na touts dey do those ones. Now, Buhari govt don open people eye. Sapa is Real.
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Truvelisback(m): 10:01pm On May 26, 2022
BigDawsNet:

For real bro...

Na just dat you hav to be strong to deal with the collectors officers on green
It takes courage to do Conductor job. Person wey dey shame no fit do am grin

1 Like

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Truvelisback(m): 10:04pm On May 26, 2022
able20:

Necessity is the mother of invention.” Buhari introduced a hardship policy that made a PhD holder in Nigeria to start driving Keke napep, a MBA holders looking for Okada as a means of survival
grin
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Truvelisback(m): 10:08pm On May 26, 2022
TruthHurts100:
Olosho
Runs girl too.
People used to be ashamed of this job but now they are doing it with pride.

Our generation is dead.
They aren't as ashamed as then. Infact, na u wey wan patronize dem go dey shame.

1 Like

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by TruthHurts100: 11:03pm On May 26, 2022
Truvelisback:
They aren't as ashamed as then. Infact, na u wey wan patronize dem go dey shame.

I never grow that time abeg.
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by batb: 11:15pm On May 26, 2022
juman:
I thank god right now and every time for me to have courage to go out to work.

Thank you god.
Loads of people that doing nothing. We see them daily.

Going to work, I see the work as privilege.
I don't joke with it.
When you work for 30 years and you have nothing to show for it then, you will know that life is not about work, you must work smart with passion for success. You can never be passionate about salary lai lai!
I pray it will not be your portion but we must aspire for us to reach our goals!

3 Likes

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by batb: 11:22pm On May 26, 2022
Thanksful:
How did we get to this level undecided
Honestly, how did we get to this level? It's sad! I know a couple who both read biochemistry but now, the wife is proud to be a sitting room Tailor, while the husband is into struggling Pastor hustle!
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by stacyadams: 11:48pm On May 26, 2022
Unzerious:
Frying Akara And Cooking Food.

As Women no dey Cook for Oga again, Man must Chop!

My street nobody is frying akara, , that biz will be lucrative, meanwhile all of them are busy recycling pos biz.

1 Like

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by juman(m): 1:22am On May 27, 2022
batb:

When you work for 30 years and you have nothing to show for it then, you will know that life is not about work, you must work smart with passion for success. You can never be passionate about salary lai lai!
I pray it will not be your portion but we must aspire for us to reach our goals!

I no be village witches hunted crew o.
I be right person.
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Nobody: 4:20am On May 27, 2022
Not for everyone.

Meanwhile, if you need a new website for your business or a crypto investment website at an affordable rate, contact us today @ 07011899545 or visit our website
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Nobody: 5:41am On May 27, 2022
Jaqenhghar:

Generally Niggerians hate hard work. Hard work is called suffering. That's why they all want to be in one office where they will sit all day doing nothing

Well you may be right to an extent. But the times of "PHYSICAL HARD WORK" Is fast fading away. Nowadays, New Innovations are being dolled out each year In developed nation and manufacturing Is mostly being automated to make activities and tasks easier for humans which doesn't translate to laziness. There are people who would love to do those Menial Jobs but "NIGERIA SYSTEM" makes most things looks awful because the "LEVEL OF IGNORANCE" In the society Is still high. I would have written more but I don't have much strength this morning..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Federal Civil Service Commission (FCSC) Massive Recruitment 2013 / What Is The Salary Scale For Fresh Graduates In The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs? / How To Get A Job In Australia From Nigeria As A Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.