Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,078 members, 7,953,294 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:39 PM

Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. (47418 Views)

Never Look Down On Menial Jobs / Careers/jobs People Dont Bother To Attend The Interviews / Don't Look Down On Any Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Nobody: 5:50am On May 27, 2022
batb:

When you work for 30 years and you have nothing to show for it then, you will know that life is not about work, you must work smart with passion for success. You can never be passionate about salary lai lai!
I pray it will not be your portion but we must aspire for us to reach our goals!

Hmmm words of the wise saying for the wise listeners..
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Nobody: 5:52am On May 27, 2022
Nigeria SAPA no get Mate...
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by ikorodureporta: 5:54am On May 27, 2022
cheesy cheesy
Eyes don open..

Na shame just dey make graduates poor, or else none for poor with all these "low grade" jobs...
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Nobody: 6:03am On May 27, 2022
batb:

Honestly, how did we get to this level? It's sad! I know a couple who both read biochemistry but now, the wife is proud to be a sitting room Tailor, while the husband is into struggling Pastor hustle!

Then you would see some people still come on here and openly say Nigeria Is too sweet and It Is the best Nation In the world. It's understandable no matter how bad things might be In a nation or place, there would still be some people who will find things easier but one should be wise enough not to flaunt It when one knows the reality on ground..
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by antibullshit: 7:45am On May 27, 2022
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. I will be mentioning some jobs people look down, that they are now doing.
1. Bus Conductor: Then, Bus conduct jobs are jobs people claimed or see as jobs meant for illiterates, school drop outs, touts or for people who don't have future. Many people have shyed away from doing this job and many are still shying away from as a result of this. 2ndly, there is this belief or assumption that, the job is meant for guys alone, lol. Now, ladies are doing the job.

2. Shoe Cobbler: In a lame's man language, shoe maker. Then it was assumed or believed that the job is meant for the Aboki or Mallam people(Northerns). The truth is that, they were the ones very popular and famous for the job. U will rarely see other tribes doing the job. But now, people desire to learn it. Some people are now earning a living with it.

3. Cleaner(Compound cleaning)/cleaning in general: Women are now doing this job to earn a living. Married women and single-mothers, most especially.
Barbing is not a word. A barber is a person who cuts hair . What he does is not barbing.Theres no such word. For example can you call what a doctor does doctoring?

4. Barbing: In those days, people rarely value or don't value Barbing as a job. Then, if u want to barb, u will have to walk far away from ur home to have a haircut. Do u know why? Only very people had interest to be a barber. But now, u can easily see Barbing salon in every street. Back then, it wasn't so.

These are the ones i can remember for now. U can add urs.

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Nobody: 8:12am On May 27, 2022
batb:

Honestly, how did we get to this level? It's sad! I know a couple who both read biochemistry but now, the wife is proud to be a sitting room Tailor, while the husband is into struggling Pastor hustle!

It's heartbreaking and we celebrate such failure. It's a failure to see graduates learning skills. But people don't know. They think it's normal.

2 Likes

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Nobody: 8:17am On May 27, 2022
able20:

Necessity is the mother of invention.” Buhari introduced a hardship policy that made a PhD holder in Nigeria to start driving Keke napep, a MBA holders looking for Okada as a means of survival

I feel bad for this country.

1 Like

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Truvelisback(m): 8:30am On May 27, 2022
Thanksful:

It's heartbreaking and we celebrate such failure. It's a failure to see graduates learning skills. But people don't know. They think it's normal.
My pain is that, in most cases, they would have to learn these skills from people who are illitrates and serve them.

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by godofuck231: 8:45am On May 27, 2022
Prostitution
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by OlaRolls(m): 8:49am On May 27, 2022
Think of pos in a strategic arena where you make a daily take home of 4k averagely.
I can profile you and get you tutored...
0803*7272*006

1 Like

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Nobody: 9:09am On May 27, 2022
Truvelisback:
My pain is that, in most cases, they would have to learn these skills from people who are illitrates and serve them.

My brother, that's after wasting four to five years in school. This country is unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by mokt(m): 2:28pm On May 27, 2022
Truvelisback:
But people are shy learning or doing the job. Although, there are people doing the job. Those days, people rarely do the job to avoid being mocked at. But now, other tribes are doing it.

Shy to learn barbing? Bro You funny ooo. Shy to learn something that will put food on table. You know how much barbers charge outside 9ja? come on
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by Truvelisback(m): 5:44pm On May 27, 2022
mokt:

Shy to learn barbing? Bro You funny ooo. Shy to learn something that will put food on table. You know how much barbers charge outside 9ja? come on
I mean back in the days.
Re: Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. by PumpumPrince: 11:22pm On Jun 30, 2022
blesskewe:

Na mouth we get

kaiiii..please send me a pictures of your mouth wide open cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Federal Civil Service Commission (FCSC) Massive Recruitment 2013 / How To Get A Job In Australia From Nigeria As A Graduate / Anchor University Is Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.