Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,225 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? (20345 Views)

Kwik Unveils Football Legend Jay Jay Okocha And Fehinty As Its Brand Ambassadors / TECNO Signs Renowned Actor Chris Evans As Its Brand Ambassador / Infinix Mobile Unveiling Of Davido As Ambassador Of Its Brand (Live Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by Preferito(m): 1:17pm On May 27, 2022
Seeing Daddy freeze and people around me constantly talking about IPC it made me to join with all my savings. It was the week I joined that they started playing their scam trick. Till this moment my $520 (300k) is still stuck.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:17pm On May 27, 2022
Most people that lost millions of naira to ponzi schemes lamented that the reason they joined was because of one celeb that was their brand Ambassador.
Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by Nobody: 1:18pm On May 27, 2022
oluwafreshkid:
I wonder the rationale of paying so much for brand ambassadors and the effect on local market and sales.

Have you chosen Martell over Hennessy because you love Davido?

Or you'll rather Bank with UBA because of Wizkid?

I opened Vbank because of Don jazzys giveaway that year sha tongue

It gives more exposure. It's the exposure that's marketing not the buying. Exposure creates impression on the mind. It's all about mind control, when you start buying you wouldn't even know.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 27, 2022
Stephen0mozzy:
Lol....I think they overthink the influence of them celebrities. If they put a survey/questionnaire, along with their products/services, they'd realize how much they're loosing. They'll fair better using that money to organize REAL RAFFLE DRAW that customers can truly win from. Not these scam SAVE AND WIN; BUY AND WIN BS they do.

The rich guys don't give an F;
The poor guys are hating on them and likely don't give an E, let alone an F

.....but then again; they have a marketing team that feels it's working for them

An advert with your celebrity crush and a plain one, which would you spend more time watching?

Nah professional OT

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by Heroicvic(m): 1:20pm On May 27, 2022
Guess they’re actually achieving their aim in the long run

Like racksterli did last year by hiring Davido and senator Dino Melanye as their brand ambassador thereby leading Nigerians to their mass destruction
Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by Nobody: 1:21pm On May 27, 2022
aribisala0:
These things do not act at the conscious or rational level.

They no Sabi anything, yet they are graduates: nairalanders
Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by seanwilliam(m): 1:21pm On May 27, 2022
I think I’m guilty of that. I opened uba cos of wizkid the day I watched his videos for uba ..

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by omoadeleye(m): 1:26pm On May 27, 2022
oluwafreshkid:
I wonder the rationale of paying so much for brand ambassadors and the effect on local market and sales.

They're just for publicity, they want more awareness of their products, no one gives a hoot about an ambassador.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by eazyduzit: 1:29pm On May 27, 2022
Garri no get ambassador but na him dey sale pass.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by omorttee4u(m): 1:30pm On May 27, 2022
Yes. Okocha on SD card. It gives confidence of it's originality.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by Cognitivereason: 1:31pm On May 27, 2022
Not really..

But the aim of brand ambassadorship works 100% ...it not mostly about you buying because of a particular celebrity but that reason is included....but paying a popular celebrity to run ads is really just to create quick popularity and awareness..

By the way many people fell for ponzi schemes cuz of celeb endorsement, oraimo gained popularity as well cuz of 2 face, flutterwave seems to be booming as well with wizkid and burnaboy..and many more ..is it largely not a waste of money if companies do it the right way unlike Glo...

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by Lamasta(m): 1:33pm On May 27, 2022
Most of the products I buy I don't even know their ambassador in the first place... .

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by meobizy(f): 1:34pm On May 27, 2022
No. I buy based on popularity and reputation. If a brand’s product lasts almost a decade in my care I’m sure to purchase their latest offering. When it comes to phones you can never go wrong with Apple. I have no idea if the company uses ambassadors for the brand. Before Apple became a staple it was Nokia.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by Mhimi007(m): 1:36pm On May 27, 2022
I bank with Wema because of Davido... I also used an infinix s4 cos he gifted one to me and I also prefer Martell over other cognac... I use the Puma brand too chai WRBLO

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by Autophys1: 1:38pm On May 27, 2022
I started buying a made in Nigeria cereal brand named: Luya loops because of their brand ambassador on IG, J_bums.
I have continued to buy the cereal because it's nice and the little ones enjoy it.
Before I buy anything recommended by a celebrity, I analyze it critically.
This cereal fits my purpose to buy good quality made in Nigeria products to replace foreign products.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by baajetu(m): 1:39pm On May 27, 2022
You might not necessarily buy it because of the ambassadors but because you now know about it and now rings well in your hear. That’s the idea behind it. Making products popular helps gain more customers

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by Ashirioluwa: 1:48pm On May 27, 2022
oluwafreshkid:

Not at all. I am a grown up man so I make decision based on my choice not because of any ambassadors who got paid for doing his or her job

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by Duchessree(f): 2:01pm On May 27, 2022
I opened an Alat account by wema bank , so i could win a giveaway by Davido.
I did not win cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by Lifewasgood: 2:02pm On May 27, 2022
Businesses will always do adverts no matter how big they are! In the past with was models dey dash money na it's celebrities (real life and social media)

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by Elsueno: 2:09pm On May 27, 2022
zealousayo:
No. No one influences my decision. But I must admit it works on some people. Take for example, Davido × WemaBank. Because of Davido, hundreds of thousands of people opened accounts with that bank in a record breaking time.

Opening account is virtually free now

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by sslcrypt: 2:09pm On May 27, 2022
yeah, that flavor of munch it that davido was eating throughout the ad...

Davido never changed the flavor, and guess what?? kids noticed it because when they ask me to buy they always say that flavor that davido was eating

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by NaijaCars4sale: 2:15pm On May 27, 2022
Brand Ambassadors don't just help you attract customers but they also help to improve your brand perception
Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by nihinlade(m): 2:17pm On May 27, 2022
Yes, it works. Many people subscribed to Porkmoney that time because of Ebuka who was their ambassador. Though, they later paid back people's capital but people were annoyed at Ebuka during the period porkmoney owned investors.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by PARADIZEPRIEST: 2:26pm On May 27, 2022
NA BEFORE BEFORE,NOT NOWADAYS THAT THEY USE BAD INFLUENCES AS BRAND AMBASSADORS. angry HOW CAN DRUG ADDICTS, IGBOO SMOKERS BE BRAND AMBASSADOR?,PEOPLE IMPREGANANTING GIRLS ALLOVER THE STATES YOU SAY NA BRAND AMBASSADORS,IS JUST DISGUSTING. embarassed sad angry
DO YOU KNOW THAT BAD HABITS LEDS TO BAD BEHAVIOUR FROM BAD BEHAVIOUR TO PETTY CRIME AND THEN TO HARDENED CRIMAL. THAT angryIS WHY YOUTHS OF TODAY ARE BADLY INFLUENCE TO BECOME YAHOO YAHOO,RITUALIST,CRIMINALS OF ALL SORTS.#SAYNOTOCRIME
Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by Kirkman: 2:30pm On May 27, 2022
For naija that shit doesn't really work nothing will make me open a UBA bank account cos of one boy musician called Whisky grin
But for the foreign scene brand ambassador deterrmines the sales figures of a product.
You wear Nike's because Le Bron does, You wear Jordans cos of Michael Jordan, you drink Redbull because Max Vestappen says so..
You get the picture?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by Foolishbuhari: 2:31pm On May 27, 2022
Yes. I buy Martell because of OBO

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by kernniejay(m): 2:34pm On May 27, 2022
MrWondah:
Yeah, I patronised xvideos because of Mia Khalifa.
Migrane will make your head its home and one day your brain will explode.
Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by Mrbenny001: 2:34pm On May 27, 2022
All of them now promoting 1xbet they won finish Nigeria youth quataquata
Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by Nine2ten: 2:39pm On May 27, 2022
Nup

But I think the main purpose of these ambassadors is to put the product/ services in the face of there audience and doing so actually increases the chance of buying it.
They act as triggers and help keep the brand on our minds.
sometimes the result can also be massive eg davido and wema bank

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by Streetmovement(m): 2:51pm On May 27, 2022
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Before patronizing a brand I always do my research, so I don't patronize them because this celeb or that one is the brand ambassador.
Lol I have never even taught about this before, good point Mr Op
Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by Ikpeabujo(m): 2:51pm On May 27, 2022
I only check my pocket, if I can afford I buy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mr Jollof Celebrates 5th Wedding Anniversary With His Wife / Ukwu!! Celebrity Blogger, Linda Ikeji Flaunts Her Ukwu In New Photos / Tacha To Davido: You Don’t Apologize And Set Someone Up For More Drags

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.