Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,606 members, 7,809,218 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? (20321 Views)

Kwik Unveils Football Legend Jay Jay Okocha And Fehinty As Its Brand Ambassadors / TECNO Signs Renowned Actor Chris Evans As Its Brand Ambassador / Infinix Mobile Unveiling Of Davido As Ambassador Of Its Brand (Live Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by Themandator: 2:52pm On May 27, 2022
I used loya milk because of Don jazzy and discovered it was very creamy

Then Samsung range of products because of Don jazzy also.. He was a designer for their home theatre, those days

I know the owner of Vfd but Jazzy also played a role in 8nfkuending me to start using it... It is my most frequently used bank but I am about to change that fir carbon app

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by PrimadonnaO(f): 2:53pm On May 27, 2022
No
Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by HenryTimes: 3:26pm On May 27, 2022
Ask Glo grin

Na dem waste money for celebs pass. Sometimes I dey pity them grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by Karleb(m): 3:38pm On May 27, 2022
The companies that uses ambassador, do you think they don't have sense?

A lot of people will not give some products face unless they see a familiar face on it.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by Golan007: 3:42pm On May 27, 2022
Heineken because of UEFA Champions League.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by frank155(m): 4:05pm On May 27, 2022
Dialpad:
A lot of people would go for it because the ambassadors give the brand good reputation.

The same way Davido gave Racksterli and co reputation?

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by pocohantas(f): 4:19pm On May 27, 2022
johndho:
Na portable make me buy odogwu bitter. I too like portable and the way him dey represent odogwu bitter

Obi Cubana sef had to beg him to take it easy. It was so funny. cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by Jaqenhghar: 4:39pm On May 27, 2022
Stephen0mozzy:
Lol....I think they overthink the influence of them celebrities. If they put a survey/questionnaire, along with their products/services, they'd realize how much they're loosing. They'll fair better using that money to organize REAL RAFFLE DRAW that customers can truly win from. Not these scam SAVE AND WIN; BUY AND WIN BS they do.

The rich guys don't give an F;
The poor guys are hating on them and likely don't give an E, let alone an F

.....but then again; they have a marketing team that feels it's working for them
The whe endorsement thing is an american concept. They just copy and paste.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by unbrandedcosy(m): 4:48pm On May 27, 2022
oluwafreshkid:
I wonder the rationale of paying so much for brand ambassadors and the effect on local market and sales.

Have you chosen Martell over Hennessy because you love Davido?

Or you'll rather Bank with UBA because of Wizkid?

I opened Vbank because of Don jazzys giveaway that year sha tongue
I bet with Betking because of Okocha..

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by Kurumaru: 4:53pm On May 27, 2022
oluwafreshkid:
I wonder the rationale of paying so much for brand ambassadors and the effect on local market and sales.

Yes ooh... Bought Oraimo earbuds because of 2baba... Used it for just 2 days and misplaced it...

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by Stephen0mozzy: 4:55pm On May 27, 2022
Thanksful:

An advert with your celebrity crush and a plain one, which would you spend more time watching?

Nah professional OT

They're using them celebrities as an excuse for the lack of creativity in cooking up the adverts? Do you still remember the ONGA advert? More than 8-10 yrs and it still rings in memory..... The idea of an advert is that it leaves an impression about the brand for the viewers.

They can easily see the faces of the celebrities on music videos..

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by luluosas(m): 4:55pm On May 27, 2022
Brand ambassadors are making free money from the brand owners because they absolutely ADD NOTHING to brand's growth or development.

The money these companies are wasting for frivolities is very huge, and their subscribers/users are the ones bearing the cost.

Nonsense brand ambassadors.

I don't have any ambassador, yet I sell my Internet data plans daily.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by Nobody: 5:03pm On May 27, 2022
Stephen0mozzy:

They're using them celebrities as an excuse for the lack of creativity in cooking up the adverts? Do you still remember the ONGA advert? More than 8-10 yrs and it still rings in memory..... The idea of an advert is that it leaves an impression about the brand for the viewers.

They can easily see the faces of the celebrities on music videos..

As an adult no be those kind ads dey get your attention. Any person wey you like. Any where you hear his or her voice. You must pause to see wetin him dey talk. Nah the wisdom. Any time I see Davido on billboard I take second look. I may not be a customer but I learn one or too about the brand because of him. Recommendation from me may get them a customer.

Some of these things are professional that makes no common sense.

For instance, you remember the era of Huspuppy? That is what ushered in branded wears into Nigeria on a different level.

The influence, affluence, association etc

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by Bbbw: 5:09pm On May 27, 2022
No
Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by VenumX: 5:25pm On May 27, 2022
The strategy works for people with follow follow mentality.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by Stephen0mozzy: 5:26pm On May 27, 2022
Thanksful:

As an adult no be those kind ads dey get your attention. Any person wey you like. Any where you hear his or her voice. You must pause to see wetin him dey talk. Nah the wisdom. Any time I see Davido on billboard I take second look. I may not be a customer but I learn one or too about the brand because of him. Recommendation from me may get them a customer.

Some of these things are professional that makes no common sense.

For instance, you remember the era of Huspuppy? That is what ushered in branded wears into Nigeria on a different level.

The influence, affluence, association etc

Such things as branded wears will sell regardless of whether a celebrity or influential person wears it.. If people perceive the luxury or class having it potrays, they'll buy it whether a celeb uses it or not...

...btw, they hope the endorsement will translate to REAL DEALS/CONVERSIONS....not just grabbing your attention. If you have an option to buy an iPhone or a Davido-branded infinix phone, which will you go for?

Guess what, iPhone dont got no Nigerian celeb.... Value or perceived value sells better than endorsement deals

And oh.. Even as an adult, weird still catches your attention....

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by Aidejay(m): 5:41pm On May 27, 2022
It's more about the product or brand than it is about the "ambassador" or "celebrity promoter"

I repeat

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CELEB, IT'S MORE ABOUT THE PRODUCT OR BRAND.

Customers will buy what they can afford or what's more important to them. Putting a celebrity face on it only draws their attention it doesn't in anyway translate to real life influence.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by Mryacks: 5:52pm On May 27, 2022
oluwafreshkid:

Once. I bought a brand Football boots because of Ronaldo da Lima (R9)....but as per as Naija celebs...never!

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by purejustice36: 5:56pm On May 27, 2022
I use PRESTMIT because of YEMO LEE
Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by mariahAngel(f): 7:01pm On May 27, 2022
oluwafreshkid:

I thought it didn't work, until my sister started chartering Isi-naturals products because of Tacha!

The only celebrity that's had that much influence on me is my Genny.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by mariahAngel(f): 7:05pm On May 27, 2022
Aidejay:
It's more about the product or brand than it is about the "ambassador" or "celebrity promoter"

I repeat

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CELEB, IT'S MORE ABOUT THE PRODUCT OR BRAND.

Customers will buy what they can afford or what's more important to them. Putting a celebrity face on it only draws their attention it doesn't in anyway translate to real life influence.

It does.

These celebrities are idolized like gods.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by mariahAngel(f): 7:09pm On May 27, 2022
HenryTimes:
Ask Glo grin

Na dem waste money for celebs pass. Sometimes I dey pity them grin grin

It's their fault, not the celebrities.
They just refused to upgrade.

I love their ad with Simi. I don't skip it when it comes up on YouTube.
Her voice is captivating. Enchanting.

I still give them the benefit of the doubt once in a while, then they disappoint me every now and then, and I toss them aside.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by Aidejay(m): 7:10pm On May 27, 2022
mariahAngel:

It does.

These celebrities are idolized like gods.
Don't just take the last statement in addendum,

It's part of a whole statement and the context is important.

"Customers will buy what they can afford or what's more important to them. Putting a celebrity face on it only draws their attention
it doesn't in anyway translate to real life influence."
Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by Satioshi: 7:36pm On May 27, 2022
In digital marketing, this form of marketing is known as Influencer marketing, and the purpose is not to get you to buy on the short run, but to build as much awareness as possible.

It is a top of the funnel marketing channel that does not focus so much on sales. It's sole purpose is to get as many people as possible to discover the product or service. It is then backed by other strategies at other levels of the funnel (interest, desire, action) to get people to eventually buy.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by Satioshi: 7:41pm On May 27, 2022
Thank you, my brother.

The purpose of influencer marketing is not even to get you to buy, buy to creator massive awareness. The fact you know which celebrity represents which brand shows the strategy has already worked.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by katordidi(m): 7:43pm On May 27, 2022
You people underestimate the subliminal power of advertising

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by Satioshi: 7:48pm On May 27, 2022
bubbest:
Useless mofos who don't know a thing about marketing slandering companies. If it's not effective, they won't be doing it

Thank you, my brother.

The purpose of influencer marketing is not even to get you to buy, buy to creator massive awareness. The fact you know which celebrity represents which brand shows the strategy has already worked.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by azimuthally: 8:14pm On May 27, 2022
I have never patronise a brand because of an ambassador. It is a waste of money for paying those guys.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by achivs(m): 9:39pm On May 27, 2022
MrWondah:
Yeah, I patronised xvideos because of Mia Khalifa.

That one is different.... Because you wan see watii you wan that's why you are there
Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by Donbazooka: 9:57pm On May 27, 2022
Yes, odogwu bitters cos of portable
Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by cayorday89(m): 10:08pm On May 27, 2022
oluwafreshkid:

MTN, Airtel and 9mobile no suppose get plenty customer as GLO carry all the world celebrity for themselves alone, yet I only have about 5 glo numbers on my contacts and about 3 of them use it as 2nd line in case you can't reach the main line whish is very rare.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by VirileNelly2420: 7:43am On May 28, 2022
oluwafreshkid:

Not atol...
I neva knew Wizkid has anything to do wit UBA to start with.

I think it's rather waste of money o.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh Says Don't Flaunt Your Relationship On Social Media / Stunning New Photos Of Tboss In Red / Tacha To Davido: You Don’t Apologize And Set Someone Up For More Drags

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.