Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,783 members, 7,955,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:55 PM

Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? (20585 Views)

Kwik Unveils Football Legend Jay Jay Okocha And Fehinty As Its Brand Ambassadors / TECNO Signs Renowned Actor Chris Evans As Its Brand Ambassador / Infinix Mobile Unveiling Of Davido As Ambassador Of Its Brand (Live Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by bigdammyj: 12:58pm On May 27, 2022
No!
Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by NinjaXmetahuman: 12:58pm On May 27, 2022
Bleep no
Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by Travellersdelig: 12:59pm On May 27, 2022
Some people do actually but most times it is backed by several giveaways. It is not enough to use a celebrity you must also attach incentives. The Celebrity is more of an awareness drive.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by Unperturbed2022: 12:59pm On May 27, 2022
Na because of David I dey use Infinix.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by LOVEGINO(m): 12:59pm On May 27, 2022
I dey madt

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by Kkk777: 1:00pm On May 27, 2022
NO !

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by Golan007: 1:01pm On May 27, 2022
Ogogoro because of Wike.

grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by DARLINGTON869(m): 1:02pm On May 27, 2022
Not very common with products especially in Nigeria. But you see football teams ehn, I still have a lot of friends who started supporting Liverpool because of Fernando Torres back in 2007.

T O DARLING
Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by bubbest: 1:03pm On May 27, 2022
Useless mofos who don't know a thing about marketing slandering companies. If it's not effective, they won't be doing it

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by Bahamas95(m): 1:04pm On May 27, 2022
No, nobody can influence my decision.

Most times these companies waste their money, especially telecommunication companies......Money they would have used to improve their networks they waste them on these so-called celebrities that ain't even good role models. I am very sure Tiwa Savage is a brand ambassador.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by Anny505(m): 1:05pm On May 27, 2022
Nope. But I know some people that joined NBM because the wanted to met with Davido and Cubana Chief Priest grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by EBUBS(m): 1:06pm On May 27, 2022
I actually drank odogwu bitters because of portable grin

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by Zubby2005(m): 1:06pm On May 27, 2022
I don't do that but my brother was in love with man city that he couldn't resist it from buying tecno phone instead of Samsung
Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by BabaIbo: 1:07pm On May 27, 2022
No, sometimes I wonder why those companies can't use the money they spent on those brand ambassadors to improve their products and services.
I have complained on that to these telcos via their social media pages/handles.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by Jetbound: 1:07pm On May 27, 2022
oluwafreshkid:
I wonder the rationale of paying so much for brand ambassadors and the effect on local market and sales.

Have you chosen Martell over Hennessy because you love Davido?

Or you'll rather Bank with UBA because of Wizkid?

I opened Vbank because of Don jazzys giveaway that year sha tongue

Oraimo sold because of 2baba. It works to an extent

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by Abfinest007(m): 1:07pm On May 27, 2022
I won't
Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by southernbelle(f): 1:08pm On May 27, 2022
No. I prefer to use feedback from others around me who have tried the product(s)/service(s) - these are the real influencers if you ask me.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by Benbobola(m): 1:09pm On May 27, 2022
Well yes. Because of one of elozonam's advert for vitamilk, had to go buy some

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by Johel(m): 1:09pm On May 27, 2022
oluwafreshkid:
I wonder the rationale of paying so much for brand ambassadors and the effect on local market and sales.

Have you chosen Martell over Hennessy because you love Davido?

Or you'll rather Bank with UBA because of Wizkid?

I opened Vbank because of Don jazzys giveaway that year sha tongue

Yes...wanted to reactivate my UBA because of Wizkid but I remember Wetin the bank do me...I lock up... Wizkid no send my papa.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by 8stargeneral: 1:09pm On May 27, 2022
I was thinking d same thing...I never do such...na only my Manchester united jersey I dey wear because of d love I HV for my club
Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by Acidosis(m): 1:10pm On May 27, 2022
Yes. Only Laycon has that level of influence on me. I started buying orijin zero (non-alcoholic) the moment he became an ambassador. I also patronised other brands he influenced for like Oppo, Mentos, Oraimo, Fire Condom

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by Rhado: 1:11pm On May 27, 2022
MrWondah:
Yeah, I patronised xvideos because of Mia Khalifa.
I rebuke you, nor be me you wan carry go back again.
Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by silverlinen(m): 1:13pm On May 27, 2022
Damnnn
Yeah i dey buy and weat NIKE jerseys, products,just cos of Cr7
Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by spiritedtete: 1:13pm On May 27, 2022
It is a an old system of advert and doesn't apply much to today's trend. I laugh at these companies... funny their CSR is so poor.
Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by seyiojomu(m): 1:13pm On May 27, 2022
I patronize Dior because of Johnny Depp
Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by djoe21(m): 1:14pm On May 27, 2022
Yeah it does influence to a degree. For example I bought Oraimo because of Tuface.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by johndho(m): 1:15pm On May 27, 2022
Na portable make me buy odogwu bitter. I too like portable and the way him dey represent odogwu bitter

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by highoctane: 1:15pm On May 27, 2022
obiekunie01:
rubbish waste of money.

sad thing is, even the so called ambassadors don't even use the product they represent.
I agreed with you intoto
Re: Have You Ever Patronised A Brand Because Of Its Brand Ambassador? by FILEBE(m): 1:16pm On May 27, 2022
Remember what happened to Coke when Ronaldo removed it from it's table? Remember how people joined a ponzi scheme because a celebrity endorsed it? Oraimo earpiece got more attention when they said it was fine tuned by 2 face.

The influence of celebrity marketing can't be ignored Frankly, markerters should just know how they will deliver. I remember how guys were into G -shock because MI wore it in one music video.

Glo is one of the company I know is getting it wrong with the celebrity marketing thing. They so much invest in celebrities to market that they don't care if it really has its influnce in customers . I am sure I am not the only one who feels same way. It has no eff3ct on me one bit.

Companies should just know when to use them. It doesn't work for all .

Indomies sells without any popular celebrity endorsement. MTN too( at least not like Glo) ,

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kate Henshaw And AY Dance Video / Throwback Photo Of Flavour / Funke Akindele Celebrates Herself On Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.