Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic (2645 Views)

Polygamy Is Not Sinful Before God, Only Pastors Are Barred - Presbyterian Pastor / God Only Wants You To Be Holy, Healthy And Highly Successful - Rev Tony Akinyemi / This Will End Fulani Killings. This Thread Is For Sons Of God Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by TenQ: 3:57pm On May 28, 2022
haekymbahd:
So reciting the Quran with different accent to you means there are other Qurans.

You are impling that when an Hausa man and a Yoruba Man recite the same verse of the Quran they are reciting different Quran because of their accent.

Sometimes accent might change the meaning of word when translated that is the main reason their are rules guiding the acceptance of this and not all Qiraat are accepted...

Don't get it twisted when we say christians are using different version of bible this is what Muslims mean read the preface of RSV bible and understand better to christians it is not a matter of accept but dubious translations translation..

Preface to the Revised Standard Version
(2nd ed., 1971)

The Revised Standard Version of the Bible is an authorized revision of the American Standard Version, published in 1901, which was a revision of the King James Version, published in 1611.

The first English version of the Scriptures made by direct translation from the original Hebrew and Greek, and the first to be printed, was the work of William Tyndale. He met bitter opposition. He was accused of willfully perverting the meaning of the Scriptures, and his New Testaments were ordered to be burned as “untrue translations.” He was finally betrayed into the hands of his enemies, and in October 1536, was publicly executed and burned at the stake.

Yet Tyndale’s work became the foundation of subsequent English versions, notably those of Coverdale, 1535; Thomas Matthew (probably a pseudonym for John Rogers), 1537; the Great Bible, 1539; the Geneva Bible, 1560; and the Bishops’ Bible, 1568. In 1582, a translation of the New Testament, made from the Latin Vulgate by Roman Catholic scholars, was published at Rheims.

The translators who made the King James Version took into account all of these preceding versions; and comparison shows that it owes something to each of them. It kept felicitous phrases and apt expressions, from whatever source, which had stood the test of public usage. It owed most, especially in the New Testament, to Tyndale.

The King James Version had to compete with the Geneva Bible in popular use; but in the end it prevailed, and for more than two and a half centuries no other authorized translation of the Bible into English was made. The King James Version became the “Authorized Version” of the English-speaking peoples.

The King James Version has with good reason been termed “the noblest monument of English prose.” Its revisers in 1881 expressed admiration for “its simplicity, its dignity, its power, its happy turns of expression ... the music of it cadences, and the felicities of its rhythm.” It entered, as no other book has, into the making of the personal character and the public institutions of the English-speaking peoples. We owe to it an incalculable debt.

Yet the King James Version has grave defects. By the middle of the nineteenth century, the development of Biblical studies and the discovery of many manuscripts more ancient than those upon which the King James Version was based, made it manifest that these defects are so many and so serious as to call for revision of the English translation. The task was undertaken, by authority of the Church of England, in 1870...

http://www.bible-researcher.com/rsvpreface.html

I hear you!
Arabic translations of the Qur'an into Arabic languages. The Qur'an indeed has been perfectly preserved word for word, diacritical marks for diacritical marks?

Please which of these Qurans is the exact dictated word of Allah?
Warsh, Hafs, or the other 30 Variants?
Note that each are called the Qur'an by their users and NOT translations as you will like us to believe. Even your Scholars admit that there are DIFFERENCES in these Qurans only that the differences are MINOR!

As long as there are differences, which one is the exact word of Allah?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V73m8RPIIg
Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by mhmsadyq(m): 6:40pm On May 28, 2022
TenQ:

You were not part of my history, so how can you know?
If I had recited the Shahada then, would your conclusion still be this?
It's obvious to me that you've never read any of Ahmed Deedat's books. Why Should I want to become a Muslim to validate Christianity?
Does this statement of yours make meaning to you?

The flaws were obvious to me as I began to read the Qur'an: I was forced to slow down what would have been a hasty decision on my part. On my voyage to becoming a Muslim, the Qur'an sent me back to Christ !
o

Ok.
Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by TenQ: 6:51pm On May 28, 2022
mhmsadyq:

Ok.
The attached video will do you some good

Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by AntiChristian: 6:47am On May 29, 2022
[author=SIRTee15 post=113245798]

You can't answer that question because u dont know. Even top Islamic scholars dare not attempt. Honest ones admitted it was a mistake in the koran.[/quote] What's the question that can't be answered?

In Arabic, both Miriam and Mary are called Maryam. There's no distinct name for Miriam.
Mohammed confused both names and attributed some of Miriam's identity to Mary.
Imran is the father of Moses, Aaron and Mirian. Joachim is the father of Mary and never had a brother called Aaron. That was a blunder in your koran.

The above is very important because it destroys the credibility of the koranic version of Jesus Christ. The koran confused Jesus' mother with someone who had lived 1500 years before her. Yet u want us to believe what koran say about Jesus. Isa is not Jesus Christ, they are 2 different characters.

How was Miriam confused with Maryam?
Did the Qu'ran say Moses was Jesus's Uncle?

Moses existed in the Pharaoh era in the Qu'ran. Jesus never met him but came far later.

Na so Christians dey do with false claims!

Mughira b. Shu‘ba reported: When I came to Najran, they (the Christians of Najran) asked me: You read "O sister of Harun" in the Qur'an, whereas Moses was born much before Jesus. When I came back to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) I asked him about that, whereupon he said: "The (people of the old age) used to give names (to their persons) after the names of Apostles and pious persons who had gone before them." Sahih Muslim.

"Children of Adam" is not necessarily used of Cain, Abel and their sibling only!

Similarly children of Israel too.

Brother and sister can be used in such ways too especially in Arabic and other semitic languages like Hebrew.
Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by GreatAxeMan: 7:31am On May 29, 2022
Why were allah and prophet Sex Award Winner (SAW) always fond of plagiarizing from people like the Blessed Apostle Paul?

Paul:

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him."

(1 Corinthians 2:9)

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "ALLAH SAID, 'I have prepared for My righteous slaves such excellent things as no eye has ever seen, nor an ear has ever heard nor a human heart can ever think of.""
(Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 9, Book 93, Number 589)

AntiChristian:

You can't answer that question because u dont know. Even top Islamic scholars dare not attempt. Honest ones admitted it was a mistake in the koran. What's the question that can't be answered?

In Arabic, both Miriam and Mary are called Maryam. There's no distinct name for Miriam.
Imran is the father of Moses, Aaron and Mirian. Joachim is the father of Mary and never had a brother called Aaron. That was a blunder in your koran.

The above is very important because it destroys the credibility of the koranic version of Jesus Christ. The koran confused Jesus' mother with someone who had lived 1500 years before her. Yet u want us to believe what koran say about Jesus. Isa is not Jesus Christ, they are 2 different characters.

Moses existed in the Pharaoh era in the Qu'ran. Jesus never met him but came far later.

Mughira b. Shu‘ba reported: When I came to Najran, they (the Christians of Najran) asked me: You read "O sister of Harun" in the Qur'an, whereas Moses was born much before Jesus. When I came back to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) I asked him about that, whereupon he said: "The (people of the old age) used to give names (to their persons) after the names of Apostles and pious persons who had gone before them." Sahih Muslim.

"Children of Adam" is not necessarily used of Cain, Abel and their sibling only!

Brother and sister can be used in such ways too especially in Arabic and other semitic languages like Hebrew.
Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by SIRTee15: 8:46am On May 29, 2022
AntiChristian:

You can't answer that question because u dont know. Even top Islamic scholars dare not attempt. Honest ones admitted it was a mistake in the koran. What's the question that can't be answered?

Koran claimed Jesus' uncle is Aaron and his maternal grandfather is Imran. That's a lie. Jesus never had an uncle called Aaron and his grandfather is Joachim not Imran.

Jewish culture do not have sisterly or brotherly honorific titles. Show me an example either in Bible or Jewish text where such was used.
Its either son or daughter of someone. You can find son of David being attributed to a descendant but never brother of David or sister of David.

Besides Mary is from the tribe of Judah while Aaron is from priestly tribe of Levi. Mary couldn't have been his sister or daughter in anyway.

The fact that another Maryam in the Bible had a father called Imran and brother called Aaron made it too obvious what actually happened.

Mohammed plagiarised the Bible into the koran. But because he's an illiterate , he got characters confused and mixed them up....like in in the case of Miriam and Mary. That's the problem with plagiarism.

No matter how u guys try to spin it, u can't wriggle your way out of this. Even Aisha, Mohammed's wife was dumbfounded when she discovered error.
Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by orisa37: 8:48am On May 29, 2022
ISLAM DOESN'T KNOW THAT THE WORD OF GOD THAT WAS WITH GOD AT THE BEGINNING WAS GOD AND THAT ALLAH IS THE LIGHT OF THE WORD.
Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by haekymbahd(m): 10:42am On May 29, 2022
SIRTee15:

Koran claimed Jesus' uncle is Aaron and his maternal grandfather is Imran. That's a lie. Jesus never had an uncle called Aaron and his grandfather is Joachim not Imran.
“O sister of Aaron, your father was not a man of evil, nor was your mother unchaste."

But “sister” here is not a literal biological relationship. Why do christians love swimming in the ocean of lies.

From among the tribe of Levi (son of Jacob),Aaron and his descendants were exclusively anointed as the caretakers and high priests of the Holy Temple in Jerusalem.

So anyone serving at the Temple was given the title of “Aaronite”.

Mary, having dedicated herself to the servitude of the Temple, was an “Aaronite” or “sister of Aaron” in this sense.

It’s not, as some tried to debate, that she is related by blood to Aaron or even the tribe of Levi. No, “sister of Aaron” or “Aaronite” was a title given to one serving at the Jewish Temple.

Muhammad was asked this same question and he explained clearly

Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by SIRTee15: 2:58pm On May 29, 2022
haekymbahd:
“O sister of Aaron, your father was not a man of evil, nor was your mother unchaste."

But “sister” here is not a literal biological relationship. Why do christians love swimming in the ocean of lies.

From among the tribe of Levi (son of Jacob),Aaron and his descendants were exclusively anointed as the caretakers and high priests of the Holy Temple in Jerusalem.

So anyone serving at the Temple was given the title of “Aaronite”.

Mary, having dedicated herself to the servitude of the Temple, was an “Aaronite” or “sister of Aaron” in this sense.

It’s not, as some tried to debate, that she is related by blood to Aaron or even the tribe of Levi. No, “sister of Aaron” or “Aaronite” was a title given to one serving at the Jewish Temple.

Muhammad was asked this same question and he explained clearly

There's no evidence that the phrase sister of Aaron is used for any woman whatsoever in Jewish culture or tradition.
There's no biblical or talmud or any Jewish text reference that showed any Jewish woman being called sister of Aaron due to her service in the temple.

That's a fictitious imagination of yourself and other modern Muslim scholars who tried hard to explain this problematic text in koran.

In Jewish tradition, people identify with their genealogy via 'son or daughter of someone' never 'brother or sister'. It should have been daughter of Aaron and not sister of Aaron if we should even agree on the reference to Aaron explanation.

You will have to provide evidence to your 'sister of Aaron' terminology in ancient literature otherwise we will have to agree that koran made a genealogy blunder.

Even more problematic is Mary being called daughter of imran numerous times in the koran when her father's name was Joachim according to Jewish literatures.

Mohammed explanation about the text was not only unclear but makes it more confusing, it showed he had not even understood the problem.
Of course, we all know people name their children after pious/ holy ancestors. The question is why did he get their names wrong for Mary's relative.

Koran is fond of plagiarising Bible stories but as expected with all forms of plagiarism, it collapses under it own weight when critically examined.

Koran is not the dictation of God. Its mohammed's revised collection of Bible stories he heard from Christians living in Arabia during his time.
Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by haekymbahd(m): 5:11pm On May 29, 2022
SIRTee15:

There's no evidence that the phrase sister of Aaron is used for any woman whatsoever in Jewish culture or tradition.
There's no biblical or talmud or any Jewish text reference that showed any Jewish woman being called sister of Aaron due to her service in the temple.

That's a fictitious imagination of yourself and other modern Muslim scholars who tried hard to explain this problematic text in koran.

In Jewish tradition, people identify with their genealogy via 'son or daughter of someone' never 'brother or sister'. It should have been daughter of Aaron and not sister of Aaron if we should even agree on the reference to Aaron explanation.

You will have to provide evidence to your 'sister of Aaron' terminology in ancient literature otherwise we will have to agree that koran made a genealogy blunder.

Even more problematic is Mary being called daughter of imran numerous times in the koran when her father's name was Joachim according to Jewish literatures.

Mohammed explanation about the text was not only unclear but makes it more confusing, it showed he had not even understood the problem.
Of course, we all know people name their children after pious/ holy ancestors. The question is why did he get their names wrong for Mary's relative.

Koran is fond of plagiarising Bible stories but as expected with all forms of plagiarism, it collapses under it own weight when critically examined.

Koran is not the dictation of God. Its mohammed's revised collection of Bible stories he heard from Christians living in Arabia during his time.
You have to understand that the Quran is not the word of a Jewish or Arab man so there might be some phrases which Allah uses which most lame man would not normally use.

Can you explain what this verse below mean to you?

Allah SWT said:

"[Allah] will say, Enter among nations which had passed on before you of jinn and mankind into the Fire. Every time a nation enters, it will curse its sister until, when they have all overtaken one another therein, the last of them will say about the first of them Our Lord, these had misled us, so give them a double punishment of the Fire. He will say, For each is double, but you do not know."
(QS. Al-A'raaf 7: Verse 38)

What is the sister there reffering so because the Jews don't use that phrase doesn't mean Allah can't use it?

Atleast Allah never called Mary daughter of Aaron but sister of Aaron.

Mary's mother was the sister of Elizabeth and Elizabeth was regarded as daughter of Aaron meaning Mary's mother also is likely to be daughter of Aaron. But as beleived that Mary's mother married a Man from Judah.

Which means Mary his linked to David paternally and Aaron maternally. If She can't be called daughter of Aaron but was called sister of Aaron you need to understand the context with which the phrase was used and the prophet himself explained.

The Quran is not the word of a Jewish man or Arab man.

Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by Kobojunkie: 7:58pm On May 29, 2022
haekymbahd:

1. But “sister” here is not a literal biological relationship. Why do christians love swimming in the ocean of lies.

From among the tribe of Levi (son of Jacob),Aaron and his descendants were exclusively anointed as the caretakers and high priests of the Holy Temple in Jerusalem. So anyone serving at the Temple was given the title of “Aaronite”.

2. It’s not, as some tried to debate, that she is related by blood to Aaron or even the tribe of Levi. No, “sister of Aaron” or “Aaronite” was a title given to one serving at the Jewish Temple.

3. Muhammad was asked this same question and he explained clearly

So when exactly did Mary dedicate herself to the servitude of the temple? Before she got married or after? undecided

2. So anyone who is vowed to God is labeled a "brother of Aaron" or a " sister of Aaron"? undecided

3. undecided
Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by Kobojunkie: 8:15pm On May 29, 2022
haekymbahd:
1. You have to understand that the Quran is not the word of a Jewish or Arab man so there might be some phrases which Allah uses which most lame man would not normally use.

2. Can you explain what this verse below mean to you?

Allah SWT said:

"[Allah] will say, Enter among nations which had passed on before you of jinn and mankind into the Fire. Every time a nation enters, it will curse its sister until, when they have all overtaken one another therein, the last of them will say about the first of them Our Lord, these had misled us, so give them a double punishment of the Fire. He will say, For each is double, but you do not know."

What is the sister there reffering so because the Jews don't use that phrase doesn't mean Allah can't use it?

3. Mary's mother was the sister of Elizabeth and Elizabeth was regarded as daughter of Aaron meaning Mary's mother also is likely to be daughter of Aaron. But as beleived that Mary's mother married a Man from Judah.

Which means Mary his linked to David paternally and Aaron maternally. If She can't be called daughter of Aaron but was called sister of Aaron you need to understand the context with which the phrase was used and the prophet himself explained.

1. So Allah is the one responsible for labeling Mary a "Sister of Aaron"? undecided

2. undecided

3. Why are both women - Mary's mother and Elizabeth - to be considered "daughters of Aaron" again? undecided

Why must Mary need to be maternally linked to Aaron? undecided

4. undecided
Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by SIRTee15: 9:04pm On May 29, 2022
haekymbahd:
You have to understand that the Quran is not the word of a Jewish or Arab man so there might be some phrases which Allah uses which most lame man would not normally use.

Can you explain what this verse below mean to you?

Allah SWT said:

Mary's mother was the sister of Elizabeth and Elizabeth was regarded as daughter of Aaron meaning Mary's mother also is likely to be daughter of Aaron. But as beleived that Mary's mother married a Man from Judah.

Actually maternal genealogy is very much acceptable and valid in jewish culture. You are a jew if your mother is jew.
It would have been have been reasonable if Mary was called daughter of Aaron since she was related to Elizabeth who was descent from Aaron lineage either due to marriage or bloodline.
But sister of Aaron as a form of ancestral linkage is unknown in ancient jewish practice.
Some of the christians in Najran who pointed out this error were jews and would have known it was an acceptable practice in their culture.

Your claim that Allah twisted the words of humans and pushed into their mouths statements they never made is heresy and a dangerous precedence.
You people claim koran is valid because it's the actual word of GOD with factual historical accuracy. Your post above prove otherwise and destroys the credibility of koran as a reliable ancient scripture.
Jewish people never called Mary the sister of Aaron and her father's name was Joachim not Imran. Why should Allah distort people's words and names just to make a point, thereby creating more confusion as in the case here?
As I said in the first post on this thread, when Muslims get stuck with errors in the koran, they end up with phrase like 'Allah knows best' or 'it's a figure of speech', so I'm not surprised you already toeing that direction.
Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by haekymbahd(m): 11:22pm On May 29, 2022
SIRTee15:

Actually maternal genealogy is very much acceptable and valid in jewish culture. You are a jew if your mother is jew.
It would have been have been reasonable if Mary was called daughter of Aaron since she was related to Elizabeth who was descent from Aaron lineage either due to marriage or bloodline.
But sister of Aaron as a form of ancestral linkage is unknown in ancient jewish practice.
Some of the christians in Najran who pointed out this error were jews and would have known it was an acceptable practice in their culture.

Your claim that Allah twisted the words of humans and pushed into their mouths statements they never made is heresy and a dangerous precedence.
You people claim koran is valid because it's the actual word of GOD with factual historical accuracy. Your post above prove otherwise and destroys the credibility of koran as a reliable ancient scripture.
Jewish people never called Mary the sister of Aaron and her father's name was Joachim not Imran. Why should Allah distort people's words and names just to make a point, thereby creating more confusion as in the case here?
As I said in the first post on this thread, when Muslims get stuck with errors in the koran, they end up with phrase like 'Allah knows best' or 'it's a figure of speech', so I'm not surprised you already toeing that direction.

Since the name Joachim was not mentioned in the Bible as the Father of Mary can you please provide your authentic source where Joachim is named the Father of Mary?

From the explanation made by the prophet it was obvious that the Quran didn't miss up Miriam with Mary but you are having issue with why Allah used the phrase "Sister of Aaron" and "not daughter of Aaron".

According to this verse Allah was reporting a speech made by the Jews at the time meaning the Jews were the ones who called Mary sister of Aaron and not Allah.

Why would the Jews call Mary the sister of Aaron. It seems Mary was named after Miriam as such sister of Aaron could have been a nickname or title given to Mary as a sign of respect.

Also
Her mother was one of the daughters of Aaron. Aaronites are the only lineage that are anointed as the caretakers and high priests of the Holy Temple in Jerusalem.

Mary's mother could be regarded as Aaronites and Mary must have also followed the footstep of her Mother hence the term "Aaronites"

According to the apocryphal Gospel of James, Mary was the daughter of Saint Joachim and Saint Anne. Before Mary's conception, Anne had been barren and was far advanced in years. Mary was given to service as a consecrated virgin in the Temple in Jerusalem when she was three years old much as Hannah had taken Samuel to the Tabernacle as recorded in the Old Testament.

The Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary, known in the East as The Entry of the Most Holy Theotokos into the Temple, is a liturgical feast celebrated on November 21 by the Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, and some Anglo-Catholic Churches.

Which might shows why Jews would have called Mary "Sister of Aaron" came from.

Judging from the verse it was clear they were trying to say to Mary that "you are a virgin from a priesthood lineage (Aaron) how could you have a child out of wedlock your mother didn't do this".

But it was clear Allah was reporting the statement of Jews.

The Question should be why would Jews call Mary mother of Jesus "Sister of Aaron".
Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by haekymbahd(m): 4:03am On May 30, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. So Allah is the one responsible for labeling Mary a "Sister of Aaron"? undecided
My bad it wasn't Allah who labelled Mary as sister of Aaron but the Jews themselves because the verse was a reported speech so Allah was only reporting a speech made by Jews at the time
Kobojunkie:

2. undecided
undecided
Kobojunkie:

3. Why are both women - Mary's mother and Elizabeth - to be considered "daughters of Aaron" again? undecided
Since Elizabeth is related to Mary and according to the bible Elizabeth was one of the daughters of Aaron which Means Mary's mother is likely to also be a daughter of Aaron herself before likely Marrying a man from Judah...

Luke 1
5 In the days when Herod was king of Judea there was a certain priest whose name was Zachariah, [h]of the daily service (the division) of Abia; and his wife was also a descendant of Aaron, and her name was Elizabeth.

Kobojunkie:

Why must Mary need to be maternally linked to Aaron? undecided
the Question why would Jews at the time call Mary as sister of Aaron. Let's look at the reply of the prophet when he was asked this question himself.

According to this the Logical answer would be that It seems Mary was named after Miriam as such sister of Aaron could have been a nickname or title given to Mary as a sign of respect. Since Allah was only reporting a speech made by Jews themselves.

Also
Her mother was one of the daughters of Aaron. Aaronites are the only lineage that are anointed as the caretakers and high priests of the Holy Temple in Jerusalem.

Mary's mother could be regarded as Aaronites and Mary must have also followed the footstep of her Mother hence the term "Aaronites"

According to the apocryphal Gospel of James, Mary was the daughter of Saint Joachim and Saint Anne. Before Mary's conception, Anne had been barren and was far advanced in years. Mary was given to service as a consecrated virgin in the Temple in Jerusalem when she was three years old much as Hannah had taken Samuel to the Tabernacle as recorded in the Old Testament.

Which might shows why Jews might have called Mary "Sister of Aaron".

Judging from the verse it was clear the Jews were saying to Mary that "you are a virgin from a priesthood lineage (Aaron) how could you have a child out of wedlock your mother didn't do this".

But it was clear Allah was reporting the statement of Jews.

Kobojunkie:

4. undecided
undecided
Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by haekymbahd(m): 4:37am On May 30, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So when exactly did Mary dedicate herself to the servitude of the temple? Before she got married or after? undecided

The Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary, known in the East as The Entry of the Most Holy Theotokos into the Temple, is a liturgical feast celebrated on November 21 by the Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, and some Anglo-Catholic Churches.

You check for yourself?

Kobojunkie:

2. So anyone who is vowed to God is labeled a "brother of Aaron" or a " sister of Aaron"? undecided
Only Aaronites were annointedd as the lineage that are as the caretakers and high priests of the Holy Temple in Jerusalem.

So they are all called Aaronite.

This could have been the reason the Jews called Mary as "Sister of Aaron".

As the Quran was only making a reported speech from the Jews.
Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by AntiChristian: 9:46am On May 30, 2022
SIRTee15:

Where is this exact claim made in the Qur'an?

Jewish culture do not have sisterly or brotherly honorific titles. Show me an example either in Bible or Jewish text where such was used.
Its either son or daughter of someone. You can find son of David being attributed to a descendant but never brother of David or sister of David.
In the time of Herod king of Judea there was a priest named Zechariah, who belonged to the priestly division of Abijah, and whose wife Elizabeth was a daughter (Greek thygaterōn - female Child) of Aaron. Luke 1:5 Explain how Aaron brother of Moses gave birth to Elizabeth!

Besides Mary is from the tribe of Judah while Aaron is from priestly tribe of Levi. Mary couldn't have been his sister or daughter in anyway.

The fact that another Maryam in the Bible had a father called Imran and brother called Aaron made it too obvious what actually happened.

Mohammed plagiarised the Bible into the koran. But because he's an illiterate , he got characters confused and mixed them up....like in in the case of Miriam and Mary. That's the problem with plagiarism.

No matter how u guys try to spin it, u can't wriggle your way out of this. Even Aisha, Mohammed's wife was dumbfounded when she discovered error.

Your answer is what the Prophet said below:
Re: Is Islam God Only Understand Arabic by SIRTee15: 12:52pm On May 30, 2022
AntiChristian:

Where is this exact claim made in the Qur'an?

In the time of Herod king of Judea there was a priest named Zechariah, who belonged to the priestly division of Abijah, and whose wife Elizabeth was a daughter (Greek thygaterōn - female Child) of Aaron. Luke 1:5 Explain how Aaron brother of Moses gave birth to Elizabeth!

Your answer is what the Prophet said below:

Did u read my post at all or u just being unnecessarily obstinate.

Jewish tradition identify with their lineage via sons and daughter but never with brother or sister.
Elizabeth was called daughter of Aaron because she's linked to the levite lineage. Mary would have been called daughter of Aaron also if at all she had levite lineage.

No Jewish person dead or alive ever called Mary the sister of Aaron. That phrase was first noticed in the koran and it was very strange to people familiar with Jewish tradition. That was why the Jews in najran pointed it out to Muhammad followers.

No Jewish person dead or alive has ever been conferred with sister/brother honorific title as regards ancestral lineage.

You are not an authority on Jewish custom or culture, neither is koran. Muslims should be the ones explaining how the koran came up with the phrase sister of Aaron since you admit she had no brother called Aaron.

Koran called Imran the father of Mary, that makes him the grandfather of Jesus. Yes or No?
But the problem is according to Christian literature, the father of Mary is Joachim not Imran.

Mohammed didn't answer the question. His response showed he hadn't understood the problem with the question being asked.
Nobody said the Miriam is the mother of Jesus. Nobody said u can't honour your ancestors by taking their up their name.
The issue is Mohammed confused Miriam with Mary in the Bible and attributed the former's relative to the later. That's the point of this whole discussion.

Pls go thru the thread, haekymbahd is even making better effort in research at an attempt to answer the question.

Pls go back to Google and research, them come back with real answers, not all this merry go round lame response.

The credibility of Quran is at stake here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Divine Revelation Of Hell By Mary Baxter (True Life Experience) / Apply Here: Koinonia School Of Ministry (KSOM) 2023 Application Form / Was Christ Jesus Rich As Stated By Dr. Fireman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.