Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen (44743 Views)

My 4 Bank Accounts Restricted / My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly / More Bank Accounts To Be Shut As CBN Issues Strict BVN Rules (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by gungab(m): 10:46pm On May 28, 2022
enfantdedieu:

So while refunding the person that wrote "crypto" as narration, what will you write as narration when refunding his/her money?

Just put refund

1 Like

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by gungab(m): 10:53pm On May 28, 2022
Nice one sir

adonainana:
Do the following

1) Get a lawyer, tell him to prepare an ex parte application to unfreeze your bank account
2) tell your lawyer, the banks that froze your account must be joined as co respondents
3) once you have been given a court hearing for the ex parte application, the judge is likely to adjourn it and would give an order that notice is given to the co respondents

5) once your lawyer serves this on the banks involved, some may respond, some may not

6) for the banks that respond, the lawyers would file a counter affidavit as to why your account shouldn’t be unfrozen

7) ask your lawyer for the copy of the counter affidavit the banks filed. There will be a paragraph there which would clarify why your account was unfrozen and who said it should be frozen

cool depending on the severity in number 7, tell your lawyer to file a reply to the banks lawyer that the funds in your account was not in fraud money or whatever depending on your case and that THERE WAS NO COURT ORDER in the first place so unfreezing your account was illegal null and void

9) there will be only one winner

Don’t go to the bank ooo

Just stay in your house and your lawyer can do number 1-9 for you and you will be watching from afar

Infact you don’t need any business with anybody

I am waiting for the day efcc, cbn, anybody in this nigeria will freeze my account without a valid court order

Omo it go sweet me cos I will just cash out money by suing all parties for no reason

All the best

Akinola Eluyefa
Barrister and solicitor of the FRN
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by Bjkhaleed(m): 10:56pm On May 28, 2022
adonainana:
Do the following

1) Get a lawyer, tell him to prepare an ex parte application to unfreeze your bank account
2) tell your lawyer, the banks that froze your account must be joined as co respondents
3) once you have been given a court hearing for the ex parte application, the judge is likely to adjourn it and would give an order that notice is given to the co respondents

5) once your lawyer serves this on the banks involved, some may respond, some may not

6) for the banks that respond, the lawyers would file a counter affidavit as to why your account shouldn’t be unfrozen

7) ask your lawyer for the copy of the counter affidavit the banks filed. There will be a paragraph there which would clarify why your account was unfrozen and who said it should be frozen

cool depending on the severity in number 7, tell your lawyer to file a reply to the banks lawyer that the funds in your account was not in fraud money or whatever depending on your case and that THERE WAS NO COURT ORDER in the first place so unfreezing your account was illegal null and void

9) there will be only one winner

Don’t go to the bank ooo

Just stay in your house and your lawyer can do number 1-9 for you and you will be watching from afar

Infact you don’t need any business with anybody

I am waiting for the day efcc, cbn, anybody in this nigeria will freeze my account without a valid court order

Omo it go sweet me cos I will just cash out money by suing all parties for no reason

All the best

Akinola Eluyefa
Barrister and solicitor of the FRN
Please I need your help sir. I was scammed with a voodoo money change of 42k yesterday Friday at my POS shop which turn out to 100naira per notes as soon as the scammer left.

So please whatever help you can render to me freely will be much appreciated as I'm servicing the business with a loan till now
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by kponkedenge(m): 11:19pm On May 28, 2022
yogun:

This reminds of a similar incident that happened to hubby in 2018.
He needed to make some transactions on his mobile app with GTBANK and it kept failing. So he went into the Banking Hall on Monday and the restriction was confirmed and police was called on him by the bank officials.
That was how police officers came from the nearest police station and took him to Panti.
Long and short of the story was that He stood as a guarantor ( like 10yrs ago) for someone that got involved in fraud, whose accounts have been restricted and had refused to walk into the bank.
So the police strategy ( Lazy investigation) was to restrict my hubby - who was his guarantor's gtbank account. So police were going to use my husband to get to the person in question. I have never seen such thing before.
My hubby walked into the bank in a pair of slippers and shorts,and that was how he was whisked away.
He was detained that day and I had bail him with 50k cash for commiting no offence.
Then next day, he hired the vehicle to take police to the residence the police were trying to reach.
After the guy was arrested, my hubby daily journey to Panti continued for about 2-3 weeks to lift the restriction on his account
It was totally an unpleasant situation.

Sorry about your ordeal, this country is messed up.

2 Likes

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by denitro(m): 11:23pm On May 28, 2022
It is crypto-related. The same thing happened to my friend.
Just walk into the bank and demand you want to close the account.
Insist that your account is clean and you no longer want to bank with them again.
After enough shouting, they will close the account and ask you to bring another account
to which funds will be transferred to.
I know three people that have used this technique and all had their accounts closed and funds transferred to
the account you will provide.

1 Like

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by HazzanTazzan(m): 12:45am On May 29, 2022
jom28gy:
then you have no cause to fear, approach the bank and sort it out

Approach the bank and sort it out ? In this era that Efcc clamps down on any individual they feel has too much money passing thru his accounts and assume the individual is either into fraud or laundering govts money ...

There’s cause for alarm even if you’re not into fraud bro

1 Like

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by HazzanTazzan(m): 12:46am On May 29, 2022
Betterchoice:

It could also be from an individual or just the police.

Individual only affect the specific Acct reported ...

This one has cbn or efcc hand
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by HazzanTazzan(m): 12:49am On May 29, 2022
franchasofficia:
Did you use your account to defraud anybody or engage in illegal business ? Check and be prepared for Police arrest plus court case or reach out to the person you scammed his money and find a way to refund the person and settle with the Police division where he petitioned your account from via court order!

Check yourself, there is someone that accused you of defrauding him or her and you refused to settle with the person.

Say no to scam !

You people are so quick to point accusing fingers sha ...

Gtb once restricted my account cos a guy paid me from a joint account he had with his sister who was abroad ...

The sister reported all the outgoing transactions from the account about 6 months later cos she was having issues with the brother ...

I had to provide the guys details and My branch just told me they were working on it and I had to wait till the woman resolves with the brother and approves lifting of the restrictions on all recipient accounts affected.

People like you would have been quick to conclude I defrauded someone in such case ...

Smh

2 Likes

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by zubbymykel89(m): 1:08am On May 29, 2022
These are the possible causes;
Crypto
Fraud(internet fraud)
Kidnapping
Case of unpaid loans.
Transaction(s) received from a suspect(blackmailed account)
Court order.

Don't visit any branch without a jury and police report unless you will be whisked away from the bank's premises by officers of the law.

3 Likes

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by xendra: 4:58am On May 29, 2022
AroOkigbo:
Clear conscience and clean hands?
Simply vsit any branch, bro.
pretender, you know "clear consciences and clean hands" doesn't work in Nigeria

Innocent people surffer everyday.

2 Likes

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by Aminobrown(m): 5:41am On May 29, 2022
Which particular UBA branch did u open your accoun?
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by honourwealth(m): 5:54am On May 29, 2022
I smell momo
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by ArinzeUgo: 6:25am On May 29, 2022
Bjkhaleed:

Please I need your help on getting a court order on a fraud I was scammed yesterday Friday of 42k turning to hundred naira notes in my POS Business. Thanks in consideration
..mail me spinal20077@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by Florasilver: 4:27pm On May 29, 2022
The OP has just been evading most of the reasonable questions he's been asked here by pple trying to offer him some help. Looks like he's not straight forward and definitely not telling us the whole truth. He told us the part that portrays him as a nice guy wink

OP better say everything now o.

2 Likes

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by BlessedOne259: 5:14pm On May 29, 2022
Florasilver:
The OP has just been evading most of the reasonable questions he's been asked here by pple trying to offer him some help. Looks like he's not straight forward and definitely not telling us the whole truth. He told us the part that portrays him as a nice guy wink

I noticed he has been evading questions too.

2 Likes

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by LagosNissan: 5:37pm On May 29, 2022
BlessedOne259:

I noticed he has been evading questions too.
Florasilver:

Which questions did I evade sir?

I couldn't possibly attend to all questions.

From all indications here, so many things can trigger such Account freezing.

I have seen people here whose case was just because they signed as a guarantor for someone who later entered watchlist.

One signed as a surety for a friend, the friend absconded, they froze his account and asked him to produce the friend.

So there are just too many factors, hence I can't pin it to one particular thing.
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by Florasilver: 5:52pm On May 29, 2022
LagosNissan:

I have seen people here whose case was just because they signed as a guarantor for someone who later entered watchlist.

One signed as a surety for a friend, the friend absconded, they froze his account and asked him to produce the friend.

So there are just too many factors, hence I can't pin it to one particular thing.

Ok, I see....no vex

Maybe like what exactly do u do online? As in what kind of transactions?

Some persons also asked if u had anything to do with momo funds, abi wetin dem call am so
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by BlessedOne259: 5:56pm On May 29, 2022
LagosNissan:

Sir, I know it is not possible to answer all post but you were keen on finding out how people whose accounts where frozen because of crypto transactions handled it. Another asked if you did any crypto transaction and you replied: My account is online cos i do business online. I feel it doesn't answer the question. I don't know if it means you a payment portal online where the money goes to the account or you sell vehicles or products and people pay online.

1 Like

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by samuelson06(m): 1:27am On May 30, 2022
BlessedOne259:

Sir, I know it is not possible to answer all post but you were keen on finding out how people whose accounts where frozen because of crypto transactions handled it. Another asked if you did any crypto transaction and you replied: My account is online cos i do business online. I feel it doesn't answer the question. I don't know if it means you a payment portal online where the money goes to the account or you sell vehicles or products and people pay online.

Don't mind him. His online business doesn't have a name because he's the first person to do online business.

3 Likes

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by LagosNissan: 6:09am On May 30, 2022
samuelson06:

Don't mind him. His online business doesn't have a name because he's the first person to do online business.

I am only trying not to reveal so much details.
You want to use emotional blackmail to compel me to disclose my identity?

This is a business I started many years ago and scaled it.

I have even bought ads here on Nairaland. Spoken even with super mods here several times during the period.

Few persons genuinely interested have dmed me.

I pray you will be denied fair hearing in your time of trials.

I pray that people will judge you this way.

Cheers!
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by samuelson06(m): 7:44am On May 30, 2022
LagosNissan:

I am only trying not to reveal so much details.
You want to use emotional blackmail to compel me to disclose my identity?

This is a business I started many years ago and scaled it.

I have even bought ads here on Nairaland. Spoken even with super mods here several times during the period.

Few persons genuinely interested have dmed me.

I pray you will be denied fair hearing in your time of trials.

I pray that people will judge you this way.

Cheers!

For what I know, NL is a faceless forum. No one cares about your identity. We've read stories here far worst than yours. Even if the EFCC is reading this thread it means nothing.

What you need to do is to give the right information so people can advise you accordingly. But if you feel you'd end up giving out so much information then keep mute on some things until you are thrown off balance in the case.

I'm only concerned about you but you are seeing it the other way. It's only based on the information you give that people can advise you. See, there's nothing new under the sun. Is it about Binance P2P, FX exchange, eCommerce, or what not? Many have done it before you. So, what's there? But if you feel you are good to go with the information you've got so far, then so be it. Don't say more!

2 Likes

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by Veeryeasy(m): 2:00pm On May 30, 2022
Visit a branch bro when you urgently need money and you don't want to borrow or say how much entered that account... because your story don't add up
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by rhymesnoni(m): 2:24pm On May 30, 2022
madakx:
You are not telling us the whole truth,if you know you were among people that got or money been transfer to you through mtn mono agent which was hacked days ago,you better not visit bank or else DSS go hold you

Your head get oil. seems all those commenting are not aware of the momo stuff.. That was what the OP did but refusing to open up. I have more than 5 friends who are also involved. some had as much as 4, 7, 10 Millions respectively credited by MOMO, but there accounts are all frozen nown.
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by Florasilver: 2:36pm On May 30, 2022
rhymesnoni:

Your head get oil. seems all those commenting are not aware of the momo stuff.. That was what the OP did but refusing to open up. I have more than 5 friends who are also involved. some had as much as 4, 7, 10 Millions respectively credited by MOMO, but there accounts are all frozen nown.

I'm hearing of momo first time on this thread. What's it and what really went down?
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by rhymesnoni(m): 3:25pm On May 30, 2022
Florasilver:

I'm hearing of momo first time on this thread. What's it and what really went down?

I was told MTN acct was hacked and people used a certain code to transfer money from MTN accounts. This is how it works. a certain code is used for the transaction, the maximum of N50,000 at a go, so what you get is determined by the number of your successful transaction. i.e if you are able to do 'let say 20 transactions' multiply 50,000 times 20 transaction that's a million naira. that's how some people got as much as 15 Milla.

I personally know some! Those that were able to cash out early Thursday morning, their accounts are in negative of what they actually got, and blacklisted as well. but those that were not able to cash out early Thursday morning their account are frozen and they cant accces those funds, even their legitimate ones.

Some Branches in a particular LGA area of Niger States were cash down on the said date as a result of pressure for cash, before those accounts were blacklisted.

3 Likes

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by madakx: 4:55pm On May 30, 2022
You must be high on something idiot simp,I dnt fucking care your friends did momo and got millions...Adaka
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by Florasilver: 5:47pm On May 30, 2022
rhymesnoni:

I was told MTN acct was hacked and people used a certain code to transfer money from MTN accounts. This is how it works. a certain code is used for the transaction, the maximum of N50,000 at a go, so what you get is determined by the number of your successful transaction. i.e if you are able to do 'let say 20 transactions' multiply 50,000 times 20 transaction that's a million naira. that's how some people got as much as 15 Milla.

I personally know some! Those that were able to cash out early Thursday morning, their accounts are in negative of what they actually got, and blacklisted as well. but those that were not able to cash out early Thursday morning their account are frozen and they cant accces those funds, even their legitimate ones.

Some Branches in a particular LGA area of Niger States were cash down on the said date as a result of pressure for cash, before those accounts were blacklisted.

Wow! That's some serious stuff. Too bad. Nothing illegal is good, not worth it. Better to be clean and legitimate. The average human being will condemn pple caught in fraudulent acts everyday but would gladly jump at any available opportunity to cash in on ill-gotten wealth. And when asked how the money was made, they start to beat around the bush. Too bad. Pls let's fear God o.

2 Likes

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by Aremson14(m): 10:11pm On May 30, 2022
Op please update us on any developments, thanks..wishing u the best
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by Realboygenius(m): 12:22am On May 31, 2022
Heyzee5:

What crypto exchange do you then use bro?

Yellowcard is a good exchange platform.
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by THELATTERMAN(m): 2:25pm On Jun 01, 2022
ArinzeUgo:
U won't say the truth...I know how many persons I have used court order to blacklist there accounts...u have come here to narrart a shady story...all these thieves using kuda bank...when u don commit with kuda, ur other account are in threat too
Please, can I send you an email? I have similar problem with my account. The sum is N5,100 only.
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by LagosNissan: 8:48pm On Jun 01, 2022
rhymesnoni:

What's all this?

If i knew anything about momo, may I not see anything good in life.

How you people judge hastily is worrisome.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan Produces Rice, 10kg Costs N4k, 25kg Costs N9,500 (Pics) / Reno Omokri: Dangote Was 25th Richest Person On Earth, Why He Dropped To 117th / 5 Real Online Business Opportunities You Can Start With 5000 Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.