Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,380 members, 7,954,543 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:45 PM

My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen (46642 Views)

My 4 Bank Accounts Restricted / My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly / More Bank Accounts To Be Shut As CBN Issues Strict BVN Rules (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by LagosNissan: 6:39pm On May 28, 2022
THELATTERMAN:

I have more than 5.1k in the restricted account at present. I have submitted several “revert authorizations” letters to them. Yet, no solution.

The last time I visited one of the branches, the customer agent told me he was confused about the whole stuff. That was after about 3 visitations and meetings with that same agent. He told me to call their HQ. When I called the HQ, the agent who picked the phone told me to give the phone to the branch’s CSO. Lol, I just hung up the call and went out of the bank.

They wan arrest you ? grin
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by LagosNissan: 6:40pm On May 28, 2022
franchasofficia:
This is your undoing, you have serious case to answer. You don't use your personal bank account to carry out business transactions, especially when it runs into millions.

And stop giving out your bank account just like that to every Tom D and Harry to pay money to. Some unscrupulous Nigerians will hack other people's bank accounts and send the money to your account and then use the money they stole and remitted to your account to buy BTC from you.

Now when the victim realizes its scam or his account bas been hacked, he or she will report your account as being used for fraud and banks are obligated by law to comply with any court order requesting for a suspected fraudster's bank account is frozen or put on lien until investigation is done which most likely will require you to be arrested or report yourself to nearest Police.
Thanks
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by ArinzeUgo: 6:41pm On May 28, 2022
Let me tell u the truth, ur account can never be frozen if u have a clear account...go and get arrested and answer from a crime u know something about

1 Like

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by ArinzeUgo: 6:43pm On May 28, 2022
skj1377:
Chairman your guilty. If not why have you not run to your bank. Just face the music.
..don't mind the guy...thanks for the reply
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by harmargedon: 6:47pm On May 28, 2022
Betterchoice:

True

But if they flag the bvn, then it may affect all accounts.

Again, maybe they don't want to arrest him seriously, otherwise they would have started searching for him at his house, office, or tracking him via his phones, friends, associates etc.
guess who has the power to flag down a BVN?
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by jom28gy(m): 6:54pm On May 28, 2022
Owaincouncil:

And when he is going, he should go along with extral shirts and trouser because I'm very sure, he's not coming back home that day.
why saying so?
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by jom28gy(m): 6:56pm On May 28, 2022
harmargedon:
guess who has the power to flag down a BVN?
what does it mean to flag down BVN?
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by ArinzeUgo: 7:02pm On May 28, 2022
U won't say the truth...I know how many persons I have used court order to blacklist there accounts...u have come here to narrart a shady story...all these thieves using kuda bank...when u don commit with kuda, ur other account are in threat too
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by harmargedon: 7:02pm On May 28, 2022
jom28gy:
what does it mean to flag down BVN?
to flag down simply means raise a signal. When related to BVN it simply means the BVN has been signaled as fraudulent or involved in fraud.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by cedricksly: 7:03pm On May 28, 2022
Born2conquer:

Can it be lifted? BVN blacklisting
yes it can be lifted if you have been cleared by the law

1 Like

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by cedricksly: 7:10pm On May 28, 2022
LagosNissan:

Are u serious?

What could possibly lead to such flagging?
a lot of I don't care Atitude can cause it.... Bro ur bvn can be blacklisted with simple borrow me ur account to give my brother to send me money.... He might be sending ur account to someone he is trying to defraud.... And if you are into crypto P2P buying and selling please do not accept any form of third party payment, because someone might want to fraud somebody and the person ask for his account number, he will go to crypto platform and open a buy trade of the equivalent he is trying to scam somebody, and send the Crypto seller account number to the person, the person makes payment to it and he contact the seller with receipt of payment and tell the person he used his friend account to make payment and send payment proof, the person unknowingly release the Crypto asset to them and they send out and spend as they like... When who was defrauded go to law enforcement to lodge complain that someone has scammed him and present you account number as the scammer because that was where he made payment to, HOW WOULD YOU DENY IT let's be careful really...

2 Likes

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by athorello(m): 7:10pm On May 28, 2022
Being arrested or detained doesn't mean that you've committed a crime. If you aided criminals, investigation must prove that you knowingly did that. You'll only suffer for a while until you're cleared. Crypto and POS operators should be more careful though so you don't answer for crimes you inadvertently became a conduit for.

2 Likes

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by Ylink4sure: 7:12pm On May 28, 2022
It smells of trouble! Go with a competent lawyer because you may not go home that day,and do it Quick,the more you delay,the more the trouble will fester.

LagosNissan:
I tried transferring money from my GTB account only to get error messages.

I thought it was network or app issues.

I tried several times from then till next day but same response.

I tried buying airtime but it failed too.

I now contacted the bank and they said account is restricted/frozen; that I should visit a branch.

I called account officer and he confirmed the restrictions but gave no reason for that.

He was just evasive but hinted that restrictions were placed by law enforcement agency. No agency specifically was mentioned.

I tried UBA and Zenith too, similar restrictions yet no reason.

I use the accounts for legit businesses online and have had them since over 14 years, so can't say with certainty what the issue is.

How do I handle this now as going to the banking hall might lead to arrests etc, so I need to be prepared.

I need suggestions please.

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by einsteine(m): 7:20pm On May 28, 2022
Benjay85:
This is the work of these online loan App.... Maybe he's owing them. That's what they do now, I'm also a victim.

Online loan apps cannot do that.
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by THELATTERMAN(m): 7:20pm On May 28, 2022
LagosNissan:

They wan arrest you ? grin

On top 5.1k oh
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by Miyachi: 7:25pm On May 28, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

LOL. grin

You sound unenlightened.

Why will someone earning in trading means people losing money to him and cursing him.

He likely invested in a particular currency that rose and he hit big on it. It happens everyday and he does not need people's money for it.
Trading is a zero-sum game, someone else's loss is your gain.

Bitcoin et al. are scams in my opinion because the idea is to sell to a greater fool.

Cryptocurrency is not a scam inasmuch as the tech is available (open-source) and can easily be audited but this particular application in Bitcoin and other coins is what, I believe, makes the whole thing a bubble (read: scam).
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by adonainana: 8:08pm On May 28, 2022
Do the following

1) Get a lawyer, tell him to prepare an ex parte application to unfreeze your bank account
2) tell your lawyer, the banks that froze your account must be joined as co respondents
3) once you have been given a court hearing for the ex parte application, the judge is likely to adjourn it and would give an order that notice is given to the co respondents

5) once your lawyer serves this on the banks involved, some may respond, some may not

6) for the banks that respond, the lawyers would file a counter affidavit as to why your account shouldn’t be unfrozen

7) ask your lawyer for the copy of the counter affidavit the banks filed. There will be a paragraph there which would clarify why your account was unfrozen and who said it should be frozen

cool depending on the severity in number 7, tell your lawyer to file a reply to the banks lawyer that the funds in your account was not in fraud money or whatever depending on your case and that THERE WAS NO COURT ORDER in the first place so unfreezing your account was illegal null and void

9) there will be only one winner

Don’t go to the bank ooo

Just stay in your house and your lawyer can do number 1-9 for you and you will be watching from afar

Infact you don’t need any business with anybody

I am waiting for the day efcc, cbn, anybody in this nigeria will freeze my account without a valid court order

Omo it go sweet me cos I will just cash out money by suing all parties for no reason

All the best

Akinola Eluyefa
Barrister and solicitor of the FRN

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by Emmanuel30a: 8:29pm On May 28, 2022
LagosNissan:

I now contacted the bank and they said account is restricted/frozen; that I should visit a branch.

I called account officer and he confirmed the restrictions but gave no reason for that.

He was just evasive but hinted that restrictions were placed by law enforcement agency. No agency specifically was mentioned.

I use the accounts for legit businesses online and have had them since over 14 years, so can't say with certainty what the issue is.

How do I handle this now as going to the banking hall might lead to arrests etc, so I need to be prepared.

Are U John Uzochukwu Eze? A Zenith bank account... He...Scam...
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by nkpommpko(m): 8:40pm On May 28, 2022
Do you use your account to trade crypto?
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by mechanics(m): 9:38pm On May 28, 2022
Maybe you were engage In a fraudulent transactions, the bank officials should have given you a hint of what is happening to your accounts.
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by Lekan239(m): 9:41pm On May 28, 2022
LagosNissan:

it seems you are one of those guys scamming Nigerians
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by enfantdedieu: 9:41pm On May 28, 2022
gungab:

Exactly, if buyer put crypto as narration is best to refund it immediately.

Pls any lawyer here, I will like to have one
I don't know how.
Not that I need their service now.
I am registered with CAC
If you are a lawyer hit me up
So while refunding the person that wrote "crypto" as narration, what will you write as narration when refunding his/her money?
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by HRprof: 9:50pm On May 28, 2022
LagosNissan:

Hmmm

How was the issue later handled?

Could you give more details?
Na long story, he first collect self content in EFCC prison then he spend millions with the help of his brother who work in oil company, it took long to settle the matter finally.
I almost fall victim when someone want to use my business account to move illegal money from NDDC with offer of some percentage out of the millions they want to move. I remember what happened to my friend. Unfortunately they will not tell you the implementation and when it happen you are on your own .

2 Likes

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by MansoryMX(m): 9:55pm On May 28, 2022
Heyzee5:

What crypto exchange do you then use bro?

I deal with a well known Nigerian who resides in South Africa. He is verified in IG. I won’t say his/her name.
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by Uniquetani1(f): 10:09pm On May 28, 2022
Ideegee:
A former colleague of mine once asked that I accompany him to his bank to sort out similar situation.

I asked what the matter was and he said he had up to N40k in his account but couldn't access it anymore, because it was restricted.

I asked him what he did and he said replied that he did nothing wrong.

As someone that has a little connection at the First Bank then, with all confidence and boldness, I marches with him to the branch. It was at motorways then, in Alausa.

Unknown to us, upon getting there, they had prepared a police officer somewhere to ferry him away to their station.

I knew the branch manager then and, she it was that made the police station arrangement.

With the 'culprit' closely behind me, I sauntered into her office, exchanged pleasantries and queries why my colleague's account was blocked.

She said I should ask him what he did, so that he, by himself would explain everything before she would even say anything at all.

I turned to the man behind me to ask what the matter was once more but it was a totally different man I saw.

The bravado and confidence he was brandishing earlier when he came to call me was totally gone. He was now looking like a kid caught red-handed with his hand in the cookie jar.

At that point I knew I had made a huge mistake following him that day.

I probably had followed a thief to the bank, won't they hold the two of us like this!...

I'm busy yet, I'll complete the story before the end of today, when I'm through with what I'm doing.

Meanwhile, OP please search your conscience very well o, so that you wouldn't go to embarrass whoever goes there with you, whether lawyer or not.

Continue the story o
So how did it end?

1 Like

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by DrDunamis(m): 10:11pm On May 28, 2022
LagosNissan:

My account is online cos i do business online.

Many people from different places pay to me.

Most likely someone who has been flagged that did transactions with you
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by yogun(f): 10:18pm On May 28, 2022
kponkedenge:
I had an issue like this with the defunct Diamond Bank, it was frozen for almost 2 months. I had to threaten them with court case before they released my account.

Note: I had tried all avenues like copying them on twitter and going to the local branch near me..... But nothing was done until I involved lawyers.

I hope yours wouldn't last as long as mine before they rectify it.

This reminds of a similar incident that happened to hubby in 2018.
He needed to make some transactions on his mobile app with GTBANK and it kept failing. So he went into the Banking Hall on Monday and the restriction was confirmed and police was called on him by the bank officials.
That was how police officers came from the nearest police station and took him to Panti.
Long and short of the story was that He stood as a guarantor ( like 10yrs ago) for someone that got involved in fraud, whose accounts have been restricted and had refused to walk into the bank.
So the police strategy ( Lazy investigation) was to restrict my hubby - who was his guarantor's gtbank account. So police were going to use my husband to get to the person in question. I have never seen such thing before.
My hubby walked into the bank in a pair of slippers and shorts,and that was how he was whisked away.
He was detained that day and I had bail him with 50k cash for commiting no offence.
Then next day, he hired the vehicle to take police to the residence the police were trying to reach.
After the guy was arrested, my hubby daily journey to Panti continued for about 2-3 weeks to lift the restriction on his account
It was totally an unpleasant situation.

4 Likes

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by MoneyMustBMade(m): 10:23pm On May 28, 2022
LagosNissan:

My account is online cos i do business online.

Many people from different places pay to me.

What's the nature of ur business brother...
Attach it so u can see if anyone has been in that show on same business.... He or she will tell u how they out...

Me same thing happened to me but mine is different
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by eleko1: 10:28pm On May 28, 2022
grin immediately he enter bank,Nah to grab/fold his trouser and his useless lawyer too.
Nigerialabalaba:

Talk to lawyer Bawo. All u sumol boys and girls sef. shior.
Just send dem email first and follow up with ur account officer. If OP no be thief and internet fraudster, e no get problem.

U see those 3 new anti money laundering laws Buhari signed last week. na hin go kill all dis useless lazy yoots wey dey call stealing online and yeye crypto ponzi business. Shioor.
Awon ole ole , awon thiefy thiefy lazy yoots oshiangry
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by gungab(m): 10:36pm On May 28, 2022
enfantdedieu:

So while refunding the person that wrote "crypto" as narration, what will you write as narration when refunding his/her money?

Just refund

That's all

1 Like

Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by captain247: 10:44pm On May 28, 2022
LagosNissan:

What was the nature of your own case?
Could you give more details about how it was resolved please?

My own case was fraudulent transactions done by scammers in katsina state using my zenith bank details and someone else ATM card via Paystack. Seems like buying and delivery of items . Good thing was no money entered my account and I wasn't even doing Mobil banking nor Internet banking with my zenith so it was really a difficult situation. I went to zenith and all was explained to me. I waited till investigation completed and the EFCC messaged me so I ask my lawyer to communicate with them. So after 5 months they said they sent letters to banks to reactivate my account. All other banks adhere but zenith claimed they didn't receive the letter . I had to push the agency and account officer . They finally got the letter still they're not doing anything to reactivate my account. I'm still pushing them via email and account officer is tired cos zenith head office is the problem as different persons handling issues everytime you send mail. Everyone has asked me to file a suit against them that I will cash out big time but I don't have strength and time for court case since my main account is active.
Re: My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen by Bjkhaleed(m): 10:45pm On May 28, 2022
ArinzeUgo:
U won't say the truth...I know how many persons I have used court order to blacklist there accounts...u have come here to narrart a shady story...all these thieves using kuda bank...when u don commit with kuda, ur other account are in threat too
Please I need your help on getting a court order on a fraud I was scammed yesterday Friday of 42k turning to hundred naira notes in my POS Business. Thanks in consideration

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Photos: Billionaire Femi Otedola Kisses His Mother On The Lips During Visit / Adegoke Olubusi, Bolatito Ovia, Dimeji Sofowora Who Launched Helium Health / Dollar Equals Euro For The First Time In 20 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.