Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career (12809 Views)

Nigerian Navy Has Almost Ruined My Career / Any Advice About Adron Homes And Properties Limited? / Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by Edoziesmart(m): 11:32am On May 28, 2022
Sheriman:
I read all the comments above me and I shake my head in pity
As in eeh
I was surprise

Nobody even care to give OP the advise he seek for.
Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by McOluOmo: 11:32am On May 28, 2022
Okay

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind
Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by Toks2008(m): 11:32am On May 28, 2022
DaveDGreat:

cheesy

Bros you dey Naija at all? Bros no be for this Nigeria passion dey work ooo. Passion wey nor dey cure hunger go soon tire person na.

Ok. My passion was to be a professional footballer. I played and prayed. Prayed and played yet nothing come out. Las Las, I go school come turn engineer make Sapa nor Kee me.

My first passion remains and would always be football.

I agree that Naija is a killer of passion. I. Agree totally.

1 Like

Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by chukkystar(m): 11:33am On May 28, 2022
Easy with the Certificates ooo, alot of ogas in Nigeria are Mediocre with frigile Egos. They never employ people more qualified than them.

4 Likes

Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by Focusmind: 11:33am On May 28, 2022
Menh:
I wish to secure Sales and Business Development jobs in the Oil and Gas industry.

I'm currently running my MBA Marketing, and I posses BSc. International Studies.

I'm a Member of the Nigerian Institute of Management Chartered and planning to take my Certification from the National Institute of Marketing Nigeria next year.

Also, I posses Health Safety & Environmental Management certifications from the British International Safety Organisation.

Diploma in French Language from the Ministry of Education - France.

What other qualifications do I require to enable me secure a job Marketing job in the Oil and Gas industry?

Thanks

None -

Must it be an oil and gas Why do most youths have this impression that you must work in oil and gas to be successful? The position opened for people with your qualifications in oil and gas is limited and fiercely competitive, usually filled through recommendation and networking. Please broaden your horizon towards other sectors like Consulting, NGOs, FINTECH and other multinationals.

Or better still, as someone rightly pointed out, re-purpose and retool yourself and career towards exit from this country.

1 Like

Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by Nobody: 11:35am On May 28, 2022
Toks2008:

I agree that Naija is a killer of passion. I. Agree totally.

So you see my brother. Na belle first ooo. Na man wey don chop dey get passion.

Sadly many Nigerians are running a rat race as the country doesn't guarantee her citizens meaningful progress.

May God help us all. Amen.

3 Likes

Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by Nobody: 11:35am On May 28, 2022
And you didn't do any certification relating to any oil n gas course?
Your matter is based in luck and connection.
Call on God, juju or anything. Also, network well with people
Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by Backpedal: 11:40am On May 28, 2022
Dawn91:

This new trend of show off.threads is tiring..

It's either hey I got £1 million pounds what do I do with it? Advise needed.

Or my father left me 10 houses do I sell one ?

Or guys mature advise meede. chevron need me and Exon mobil want me too who should I suck off?

Omo nonsense is always on front page most times
How is this show off ?

I know exactly how you think because I know someone who thinks just like you

Posts like these triggers people like you because it makes you feel inadequate about your own self and the little you have achieved in life.

That's why every post like this is seen as "show off" to people like you

Deny all you want
You have exposed yourself already

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by Onyi22(f): 11:41am On May 28, 2022
Oga go learn handwork, forget big big grammar
Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by Seredebe: 11:44am On May 28, 2022
Must you work in another person's firm?

Start your own and employ other people. To answer yes sir no dey tire you? Stop gathering those A4 papers you call certificates up and down
Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by Realestatevixen: 11:46am On May 28, 2022
Ok

Please I am looking out for remote job opportunities.

I have 11 years experience in banking , out of which 95% of it is in Service delivery and banking operations. I am currently in Nigeria, but I can work efficiently and efficiently remotely for any organisation in any part of the world. My resumè speaks volumes of my skill set, achievements and expertise.

You can reach me on +2348060291729.

Thank you and have a blessed weekend.
Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by Shakur86(m): 11:48am On May 28, 2022
MBA
Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by Nobody: 11:49am On May 28, 2022
Bro, your qualifications has nothing related to sales.

Go online, check what the role is all about and learn from there.

I am not in the industry but i think you need an Engineering degree and something related to marketing to work in the sales and business development of a oil company.

Also you need experience to work in that industry.

1 Like

Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by Chicastle: 11:52am On May 28, 2022
Acesed:
Successful people make a lot of sacrifice. Don't envy a successful man without the back-up plan to do what he did to be successful.

You can get your dream job/scholarship today if only you will take the right step and prepare adequately.

A CV introduces you even before you are met. You are your CV!!!

Let's help you get that professional introduction (CV) you need to "wow" your potential employer.

Contact us and we'll make you a top-notch CV with over 15 different CV templates to select from.

Shalom!!

Your own CV Dey different from the ones we Dey write ? Just asking for a friend though
Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by Menh: 11:55am On May 28, 2022
Thanks for this information

laiza:
My advice for you is to browse jobs in Qatar, Kuwait, Saudi or UAE. With all these your qualifications especially Health Safety, my brother you're one step closer to becoming a multimillionaire. If you now get the job try learn Arabic and French/Spanish then forget about getting broke in your old age. Godspeed man!!!
Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by Eastcoastboy(m): 11:57am On May 28, 2022
Edoziesmart:

As in eeh
I was surprise

Nobody even care to give OP the advise he seek for.

The smart ones don go work. When they return in the evening they will lend their voice to OP's plight.

2 Likes

Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by Eastcoastboy(m): 11:58am On May 28, 2022
chukkystar:
Easy with the Certificates ooo, alot of ogas in Nigeria are Mediocre with frigile Egos. They never employ people more qualified than them.

Lol! So true mehn!

2 Likes

Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by Eastcoastboy(m): 12:00pm On May 28, 2022
thebosstrevor1:
Bro, your qualifications has nothing related to sales.

Go online, check what the role is all about and learn from there.

I am not in the industry but i think you need an Engineering degree and something related to marketing to work in the sales and business development of a oil company.

Also you need experience to work in that industry.

Engineering and sales doesn't tally nah.
Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by Menh: 12:01pm On May 28, 2022
How can do it and do it perfectly well if given the opportunity

Lymetsaucer:
Do not gather cert and can't do the job.
Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by qanda: 12:01pm On May 28, 2022
It appears your interest to work as a sales and marketing personnel in the oil and gas space is a recent development. This is because your qualifications doesn't put you in a good position.

An engineering degree is better suited for the role.

However, I know an individual who has a similar degree as you and is a Senior Business development personnel in the Oil and Gas industry.

He got the role with time, after years of packaging bids for oil and gas servicing firms. That is the route I can suggest to you.

Take courses on bidding and contracting in the Oil and Gas Industry.

I intend to create and distribute a course for this on Q and A App but that will be by the last Quarter of the year.

Get Q and A App on Playstore to be notified when that happens. Also, there is a Free Video at the Video section of the App that introduces what EPCI (Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Installation) projects are about. It also highlights the roles of the different Engineering disciplines.

I recommend that Video to every Engineering graduate who wants to play in the Business development space for Oil and Gas servicing firms.

My final advise to you, don't limit your options to Oil and Gas industry.

Install Q and A App from Playstore
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tolu.qanda

1 Like

Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by jagtinic: 12:08pm On May 28, 2022
You already have a lot of qualification, you have not mentioned what you do on a daily basis besides this qualifications. Also keep your mind very open because sometimes we want something and we may not get it.

1 Like

Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by Ebubu3: 12:10pm On May 28, 2022
englishmart:
In all that you do, just make money. Nobody cares about your job or career.
lol he wants to use the career to make money
Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by Originalsly: 12:11pm On May 28, 2022
Menh:

What other qualifications do I require to enable me secure a job Marketing job in the Oil and Gas industry?

Qualifications required..... specific certification AND specific minimum experience in the field.

You have a pile.of certifications ... what about experience?

If I present to you my driving certifications.... top of the class in driving theory test ... award for having the highest score on record for the driving school .... passed the practical road test... and am now the owner of a Tesla Plaid ..... would you choose me to be the driver for your race car taking part in the Grand Prix international car race?
Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by Enumerator(m): 12:13pm On May 28, 2022
Gbam!
Sunofgod:
You need connections....not certs!

Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by Enumerator(m): 12:14pm On May 28, 2022
cheesy abioo

The more people realize transferable wealth and assets are what matters the most in life and not the papers/certificate, the better
kaysy:
How I wish all these certificates can be transferred to your children when u retire

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by Menh: 12:18pm On May 28, 2022
I choose the oil and gas industry because I'm interested in the business and relevant experience will come in handy when I'm soliciting for investors.

Focusmind:

None -

Must it be an oil and gas Why do most youths have this impression that you must work in oil and gas to be successful? The position opened for people with your qualifications in oil and gas is limited and fiercely competitive, usually filled through recommendation and networking. Please broaden your horizon towards other sectors like Consulting, NGOs, FINTECH and other multinationals.

Or better still, as someone rightly pointed out, re-purpose and retool yourself and career towards exit from this country.
Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by autodevice(m): 12:24pm On May 28, 2022
Ok
Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by qanda: 12:28pm On May 28, 2022
Eastcoastboy:

Engineering and sales doesn't tally nah.
Who told you that... Engineers with PhD degrees fill that position in top oil and gas firms.
Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by Dawn91(m): 12:29pm On May 28, 2022
[s]
Backpedal:

How is this show off ?

I know exactly how you think because I know someone who thinks just like you

Posts like these triggers people like you because it makes you feel inadequate about your own self and the little you have achieved in life.

That's why every post like this is seen as "show off" to people like you

Deny all you want
You have exposed yourself already
[/s]

Koni dafun iya e

Omo ale

Omo jatijati

Werey buruku osi
Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by Backpedal: 12:31pm On May 28, 2022
Dawn91:
[s][/s]

Koni dafun iya e

Omo ale

Omo jatijati

Werey buruku osi
Sounding like a frustrated goat cheesy

You are a serial underachiever and a no good low life...
It's written all over grin grin

Better quit negative thinking and work towards building your life; instead of wallowing about. cheesy
Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by Albertone(m): 12:32pm On May 28, 2022
Dawn91:

This new trend of show off.threads is tiring..

It's either hey I got £1 million pounds what do I do with it? Advise needed.

Or my father left me 10 houses do I sell one ?

Or guys mature advise needed chevron need me and Exon mobil want me too who should I suck off?

Omo nonsense is always on front page most times

Not everyone lives in abject poverty like you.

Go and hustle.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Releases N65B For SIP, Social Investment Programme / Taraba Government Sells ₦3,000 Form To 10,000 Youths Only To Employ 160 / Ntel Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment (5 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.