Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,141 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career (12811 Views)

Nigerian Navy Has Almost Ruined My Career / Any Advice About Adron Homes And Properties Limited? / Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by bukatyne(f): 12:38pm On May 28, 2022
Menh:
I wish to secure Sales and Business Development jobs in the Oil and Gas industry.

I'm currently running my MBA Marketing, and I posses BSc. International Studies.

I'm a Member of the Nigerian Institute of Management Chartered and planning to take my Certification from the National Institute of Marketing Nigeria next year.

Also, I posses Health Safety & Environmental Management certifications from the British International Safety Organisation.

Diploma in French Language from the Ministry of Education - France.

What other qualifications do I require to enable me secure a job Marketing job in the Oil and Gas industry?

Thanks

Go to any Oil & Gas company's website and study the requirements for the role you seek.

That would be a guide to what is required.

Also, you need to try your hands on something so you have a bit of experience.

You can also explore related organizations whose competition isn't as stiff as Oil & Gas (Oil &Gas Servicing Firms, Gencos & Discos, Gas Distribution Firms etc.). This would give you relevant experience that would aid your goal.

Good luck.
Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by Nobody: 12:41pm On May 28, 2022
Connect with people in your dream career path and company on LinkedIn.

Keep praying for God's direction.
Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by Saintinoo(m): 12:51pm On May 28, 2022
thebosstrevor1:
Bro, your qualifications has nothing related to sales.

Go online, check what the role is all about and learn from there.

I am not in the industry but i think you need an Engineering degree and something related to marketing to work in the sales and business development of a oil company.

Also you need experience to work in that industry.

Oga wetin concern engineering with sales and business development again?
Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by annisy(f): 12:54pm On May 28, 2022
I don't give advice and I don't seek for one from anyone I just follow my instinct
Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by Menh: 12:57pm On May 28, 2022
I have a job but it's not related to what I want

jagtinic:
You already have a lot of qualification, you have not mentioned what you do on a daily basis besides this qualifications. Also keep your mind very open because sometimes we want something and we may not get it.
Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by BabaIbo: 1:05pm On May 28, 2022
This life sef ehn... cheesy grin

Look at OP reading, pursuing and obtaining certs up and down, yet he doesn't have a clear/known bearing regarding his career yet.

Whereas one Aboki that managed to graduate got a juicy offer/placement in the same field/industry he is dreaming of working.

OP, my advice is try and get a sure connection or enough money to buy the trusted connection that will get you that job because the more you're chasing certs, the older you get and you the implication of that.
I know it is wrong, I mean the buying your way in, but that is the bitter reality of Nigeria's society.
Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by Menh: 1:07pm On May 28, 2022
This is invaluable I really appreciate you.

bukatyne:

Go to any Oil & Gas company's website and study the requirements for the role you seek.

That would be a guide to what is required.

Also, you need to try your hands on something so you have a bit of experience.

You can also explore related organizations whose competition isn't as stiff as Oil & Gas (Oil &Gas Servicing Firms, Gencos & Discos, Gas Distribution Firms etc.). This would give you relevant experience that would aid your goal.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by coputa(m): 1:20pm On May 28, 2022
Toks2008:
Just follow your passion. Your job may give you financial stability but your passion will give you happiness and fulfillment in life.
What if your passion cant put food on your table.Most successful people do not do what they studied in school and eighty per cent are not happy doing it,but the harvest keeps them moving,thats life.
Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by Dawn91(m): 1:24pm On May 28, 2022
Backpedal:

Sounding like a frustrated goat cheesy

You are a serial underachiever and a no good low life...
It's written all over grin grin

Better quit negative thinking and work towards building your life; instead of wallowing about. cheesy

Ogun Loma kpa awon ebi e...

Omo ase... Oloriburuku
Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by starkid121(m): 1:24pm On May 28, 2022
Bros u need connection not certificate
Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by Dawn91(m): 1:24pm On May 28, 2022
Albertone:

Not everyone lives in abject poverty like you.

Go and hustle.

Ogun ma kpa baba e
Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by Nobody: 1:40pm On May 28, 2022
Saintinoo:

Oga wetin concern engineering with sales and business development again?

Kia, make una dey read wide

There are many sales job in the oil industry and even engineering industry where you need an Engineering degree.

Those industries are specialized one and only those who are in the field know in and out of the technicality of the product they sell.
Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by Nobody: 1:44pm On May 28, 2022
Eastcoastboy:

Engineering and sales doesn't tally nah.

Really!
Make i no laugh grin

Many companies in the oil and gas industry including engineering industry prefer engineers to work in their sales and business development departments.

2 Likes

Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by PrimadonnaO(f): 1:44pm On May 28, 2022
Menh:
I wish to secure Sales and Business Development jobs in the Oil and Gas industry.

I'm currently running my MBA Marketing, and I posses BSc. International Studies.

I'm a Member of the Nigerian Institute of Management Chartered and planning to take my Certification from the National Institute of Marketing Nigeria next year.

Also, I posses Health Safety & Environmental Management certifications from the British International Safety Organisation.

What other qualifications do I require to enable me secure a job Marketing job in the Oil and Gas industry?

Thanks

Enough of the certificates.

It's time for on-the-job experience.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by YoungBlackRico(m): 1:49pm On May 28, 2022
Cerebellum:
smiley grin You don try,
You be igi-iwe(hope I got it) Are you from Ekiti?, I hear they sabi read book a lot
That's ondo.
Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by Eastcoastboy(m): 2:07pm On May 28, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

Really!
Make i no laugh grin

Many companies in the oil and gas industry including engineering industry prefer engineers to work in their sales and business development departments.

Nawa oh! So no space for any Non STEM graduate?
Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by Eastcoastboy(m): 2:07pm On May 28, 2022
qanda:

Who told you that... Engineers with PhD degrees fill that position in top oil and gas firms.

Nawa oh!
Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by ProfAmaben(m): 2:08pm On May 28, 2022
My candid advice, this is a great field no doubt but not really a skill. Can you create anything with this knowledge? Can you make a product with all these degrees? If no, please go and learn something tangible that you could use to add value. This field requires connection to get jobs, look for something else and stop wasting money on useless degrees.

1 Like

Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by KIDfurniture(m): 2:12pm On May 28, 2022
Advice about your own career oh!! You want the advice from nairaland? May the gods protect ur career sha. How old re u sef ?

Menh:

Thanks
Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by Johnchrix(m): 3:15pm On May 28, 2022
Dawn91:

The new trend of show off.threads is tiring..

It's either hey I got £1 million pounds what do I do with it? Advise needed.

Or my father left me 10 houses do I sell one ?

Or guys mature advise needed chevron need me and Exon mobil want me too who should I suck off?

Omo nonsense is always on front page most times

Pain of a jobless Graduate with no opportunity.
Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by Dawn91(m): 3:20pm On May 28, 2022
Johnchrix:

Pain of a jobless Graduate with no opportunity.

Your fada... Omo rada rada
Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by harley88(m): 4:19pm On May 28, 2022
Menh:

Thanks

Hello Bro,

Most times, an MBA is not necessary if you don’t have up to 5 years experience in that particular field. Anyways, since you have started , nothing spoil.

Try getting any major Sales job, doesn’t have to be in the oil industry. Banks, FMCGs and the rest are good options.

Make use of LinkedIn and connect with officials in the industry you are interested, esp the HR guys. Might take a while, but something should come up soonest. Sales jobs are always available all the time.

I’m also trying to enter into the Sales/Marketing field from Information Security.

Ignore those illiterates above saying nonsense, they are mostly blockheads.
Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by Chigold101(m): 4:36pm On May 28, 2022
Menh:

Thanks
You need one more certification...
That's Ima Mmadụ Certificate.
Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by ogwuche4u(m): 5:21pm On May 28, 2022
Menh:

Thanks

I pray Nigeria doesn't frustrate you. It's never a level playing field here in naija. Better find a way to leave the country and enjoy the devidends of your education.
Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by ImoleNaija: 6:41pm On May 28, 2022
Realestatevixen:
Ok

Please I am looking out for remote job opportunities.

I have 11 years experience in banking , out of which 95% of it is in Service delivery and banking operations. I am currently in Nigeria, but I can work efficiently and efficiently remotely for any organisation in any part of the world. My resumè speaks volumes of my skill set, achievements and expertise.

You can reach me on +2348060291729.

Thank you and have a blessed weekend.

This post of yours would get more attention on LinkedIn. I hope you have a LinkedIn profile/account.

Good luck!
Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by Bbbw: 7:11pm On May 28, 2022
Oh
Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by Realestatevixen: 7:48pm On May 28, 2022
ImoleNaija:

This post of yours would get more attention on LinkedIn. I hope you have a LinkedIn profile/account.

Good luck!

Yes I do. Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by Albertone(m): 10:42pm On May 28, 2022
Dawn91:

Ogun ma kpa baba e

Sango ma ba ti iya e je ni.
Olofo.
Akushe omo ale jatijati.
Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by Dawn91(m): 10:49pm On May 28, 2022
Albertone:

Sango ma ba ti iya e je ni.
Olofo.
Akushe omo ale jatijati.
Koni dafun gbogbo ebi e
Omo werey... Omo rada rada...
Okada ma kpa iya e Lana
Abiku osi
Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by Albertone(m): 2:19am On May 29, 2022
Dawn91:

Koni dafun gbogbo ebi e
Omo werey... Omo rada rada...
Okada ma kpa iya e Lana
Abiku osi

Because I made you understand that not everyone came from a poor home like you.Is that why you're cursing your father, mother and unborn children??
Omo na Choilila brother be this o.Senseless in all ramifications.

Koni da fun awon ti won bi e s'aye.
Isinku re oni s'ori re.
Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by Dawn91(m): 2:30am On May 29, 2022
Albertone:

Because I made you understand that not everyone came from a poor home like you.Is that why you're cursing your father, mother and unborn children??
Omo na Choilila brother be this o.Senseless in all ramifications.

Koni da fun awon ti won bi e s'aye.
Isinku re oni s'ori re.
Hahahaha, Ogun ma kpa baba e, sopona ma kpa iya e ati Omo e... Koni dafun e kpatakpata... Omo rada rada.. gbo ebi e ma Ku lana... Omoale

1 Like

Re: Please Narialanders I Need Your Advice About My Career by Microwhy: 9:35am On May 29, 2022
englishmart:
In all that you do, just make money. Nobody cares about your job or career.
My slogan.. go out there and make money. Fvck career path,., Fvck experience. Go make good money but legit.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Releases N65B For SIP, Social Investment Programme / Taraba Government Sells ₦3,000 Form To 10,000 Youths Only To Employ 160 / Ntel Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment (5 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.