Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,892 members, 7,821,114 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

It's Been An Honour: Abramovich Pens Tribute As Chelsea Complete Boehly Takeover - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / It's Been An Honour: Abramovich Pens Tribute As Chelsea Complete Boehly Takeover (24974 Views)

Chelsea Complete Signing Of Wesley Fofana For £70m / Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes / Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Ben Chilwell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's Been An Honour: Abramovich Pens Tribute As Chelsea Complete Boehly Takeover by HonNL: 12:54pm On May 28, 2022
Chelsea Football Club can confirm that a final and definitive agreement was entered into last night to sell the Club to the Todd Boehly/Clearlake Capital consortium. It is expected that the transaction will be completed on Monday.

SOURCE

It's been an honour - Roman Abramovich

It has been nearly three months since I announced my intention to sell Chelsea FC. During this time, the team have worked hard to find the right custodian for Chelsea FC that would be best positioned to successfully lead the Club into its next chapter.

The ownership of this Club comes with great responsibility. Since I came to Chelsea nearly twenty years ago, I have witnessed first-hand what this Club can achieve. My goal has been to ensure that the next owner has a mindset that will enable success for the Men’s and Women’s team, as well as the will and drive to continue developing other key aspects of the Club, such as the Academy and the vital work of Chelsea Foundation.

I am pleased this search has now come to a successful conclusion. As I hand over Chelsea to its new custodians, I would like to wish them the best of success, both on and off the pitch.

It has been an honour of a lifetime to be a part of this Club – I would like to thank all the Club’s past and current players, staff, and of course fans for these incredible years.

I am proud that as a result of our joint successes, millions of people will now benefit from the new charitable foundation which is being established. This is the legacy which we have created together.

Thank you.

Roman

SOURCE

135 Likes 21 Shares

Re: It's Been An Honour: Abramovich Pens Tribute As Chelsea Complete Boehly Takeover by nebeolisa(m): 1:18pm On May 28, 2022
He deserve a statue at the Stamford Bridge

ROMAN REIGNS

364 Likes 31 Shares

Re: It's Been An Honour: Abramovich Pens Tribute As Chelsea Complete Boehly Takeover by paulolee(m): 1:25pm On May 28, 2022
I love his passion for football especially during Chelsea big matches..
I remember how happy he was when Chelsea won the UCL finals, he was just looking like a kid dt was served a bowl full of ice cream..
all club owners do get excited after winning trophies bt this Chelsea owner happiness is another level, maybe he gambled so much in big matches...
that Kain joy wey punters dey get whenever difficult games deliver, imagine u stake draws of 25 odds wit ur last 10k for ur betting app account and he deliver on a dry n broke weekend..
Canadian loud no fit Gv such joy....only gamblers can relate

149 Likes 18 Shares

Re: It's Been An Honour: Abramovich Pens Tribute As Chelsea Complete Boehly Takeover by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:28pm On May 28, 2022
This is strictly for genuine, True and Real Chsea Fans....

Before, we had One billionaire, but right now, we have 5 Billionaires come together to buy our club, what more can we ask for Blues Fam'?!

Abramovich, we thank you for all the good things you did for our darling club in 19 years.
You will never ever be forgotten.
We wish you all the very best for the future.
Love and Kisses Baba Olowo. kiss kiss kiss

Abramovich bought Chelsea for £140m 19 years ago.

Under his ownership, the club have won EVERY MAJOR TROPHY - two Champions League titles, five Premier Leagues, five FA Cups, two Europa League titles and three EFL Cups.

In August 2021 we won the Uefa Super Cup and in February our first Club World Cup.

Abramovich has appointed 13 managers and the club have spent more than £2bn in the transfer market under his ownership.

Chelsea's women's team, who became affiliated to Chelsea FC in 2004, have won four Women's Super League titles and three FA Cups under Abramovich.

"The ownership of this club comes with great responsibility," said Abramovich.

"Since I came to Chelsea nearly 20 years ago, I have witnessed first hand what this club can achieve.

"My goal has been to ensure that the next owner has a mindset that will enable success for the men's and women's team, as well as the will and drive to continue developing other key aspects of the club, such as the academy and the vital work of Chelsea Foundation."

BLUES TILL JESUS COMES.
THE SKY WILL ALWAYS BE BLUE.
WIN, LOSE OR DRAW......CHELSEA FOR LIFE!!!

Abramovich, we thank you for all the good things you did for our darling club in 19 years.
You will never ever be forgotten.
We wish you all the very best for the future.
Love and Kisses Baba Olowo. kiss kiss kiss

85 Likes 15 Shares

Re: It's Been An Honour: Abramovich Pens Tribute As Chelsea Complete Boehly Takeover by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:29pm On May 28, 2022
We heard the new owners have big ambitions in the transfer market as they seek to close the gap on Manchester City and Liverpool at the top of the Premier League.

donleo92:
Thanks for everything sir.
much love, you deserve a novelty football match
Gbamsolutely!
You've said it all Chief Don.
ekenetheorg:
Thank you for all the years of selfless service to my club. Blues for life
Blues for ever.
Hugs Ekene.

Ecos:
grin Chelshit bye bye. Next year relegation is sure thank God grin grin angry grin angry
What do kids know

Freelancer2020:
You will forever be a significant part of chelsea success stories
#romanreigns
Correct man.
#RomanReigns.
We will always love him forever.

barinedan:
I feel sad reading reading this write up, wish I could reverse everything, wish you all the best sir, I know it wasn't your intention to leave the club so soon, but your government caused. You will always be in the heart of real Chelsea fans, good luck in all your endeavors
Thanks for your kind words sir.
Not his government though, but the English Government.
But no shaking, Baba Olowo will always be in our hearts, we will always love him.

31 Likes 11 Shares

Re: It's Been An Honour: Abramovich Pens Tribute As Chelsea Complete Boehly Takeover by Onyi22(f): 1:29pm On May 28, 2022
That's good of him

7 Likes

Re: It's Been An Honour: Abramovich Pens Tribute As Chelsea Complete Boehly Takeover by Sacchi1162(m): 1:29pm On May 28, 2022
The Roman Empire

11 Likes

Re: It's Been An Honour: Abramovich Pens Tribute As Chelsea Complete Boehly Takeover by Scammerr(m): 1:29pm On May 28, 2022
sad but we move......

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Been An Honour: Abramovich Pens Tribute As Chelsea Complete Boehly Takeover by EBEk101(m): 1:29pm On May 28, 2022
Roman empire

13 Likes

Re: It's Been An Honour: Abramovich Pens Tribute As Chelsea Complete Boehly Takeover by FalseProphet1(m): 1:29pm On May 28, 2022
I see Putin dying before the end of this year.

This I have seen.

17 Likes

Re: It's Been An Honour: Abramovich Pens Tribute As Chelsea Complete Boehly Takeover by choice17(m): 1:29pm On May 28, 2022
Nice man!!!

Wishing Mr Abramovich all the best in his future endeavour. The fact is, there is no honest billionaire anywhere in the world.

24 Likes

Re: It's Been An Honour: Abramovich Pens Tribute As Chelsea Complete Boehly Takeover by AmJames: 1:30pm On May 28, 2022
HonNL:

SOURCE

It's been an honour - Roman Abramovich

Sadly!

SOURCE
Re: It's Been An Honour: Abramovich Pens Tribute As Chelsea Complete Boehly Takeover by verybadmouth(m): 1:30pm On May 28, 2022
We will miss him. There's no Chelsea with Roman.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Been An Honour: Abramovich Pens Tribute As Chelsea Complete Boehly Takeover by Necksonnel: 1:30pm On May 28, 2022
I love this guy even if am not a Chelsea fan. It pains to see him suffering for this with everything he labored for

54 Likes

Re: It's Been An Honour: Abramovich Pens Tribute As Chelsea Complete Boehly Takeover by Corporate2020: 1:30pm On May 28, 2022
So, this guy is being punished for Putin's actions, and all the MAD people on Earth applaud this.

21 Likes

Re: It's Been An Honour: Abramovich Pens Tribute As Chelsea Complete Boehly Takeover by planetE(m): 1:30pm On May 28, 2022
Great man. the blue family will forever love you

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Been An Honour: Abramovich Pens Tribute As Chelsea Complete Boehly Takeover by Freelancer2020(m): 1:30pm On May 28, 2022
You will forever be a significant part of chelsea success stories

#romanreigns

22 Likes

Re: It's Been An Honour: Abramovich Pens Tribute As Chelsea Complete Boehly Takeover by bid4rich(m): 1:30pm On May 28, 2022
If you leave a place the same way you met it, you are not a leader!

Roman is a leader and he will forever be missed as "The Chelsea"

Chelsea will for sure continue without him but he is the real Chelsea.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Been An Honour: Abramovich Pens Tribute As Chelsea Complete Boehly Takeover by Bluntguy: 1:30pm On May 28, 2022
It's been an honour too., Mr Abramovich. The sky will always be blue. And to think that you benefited nothing from the sale of the club, your name will always be etched in the sands of Chelsea's history. You will be sorely missed. Wishing you the very best in your future endeavors.

26 Likes

Re: It's Been An Honour: Abramovich Pens Tribute As Chelsea Complete Boehly Takeover by Tb222(m): 1:31pm On May 28, 2022
Thank you abrahamovich, can't wait to see you obtain your Nigerian citizenship, pick up a pdp membership card and contest the 2027 general elections unopposed, I sincerely can't wait. grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: It's Been An Honour: Abramovich Pens Tribute As Chelsea Complete Boehly Takeover by RaptObserver: 1:31pm On May 28, 2022
Chelsea will return to normal level in a few years cos not every billionaire will spend like Roman. American billionaires don't have much passion for soccer. Chelsea welcome back to earth!

6 Likes

Re: It's Been An Honour: Abramovich Pens Tribute As Chelsea Complete Boehly Takeover by TimFisher2: 1:32pm On May 28, 2022
undecided

I hate FIFA

They should leave politics out of football and other sporting event

Sports that suppose to be a unifying factor is what they are using as a tool to pursue their perceived enemy

For United Kingdom you think you are wise

Other National of different nations will be skeptical in investing in your clubs or other sporting related events

Because the treatment you gave to Abramovic will be meted to them incase things go awry

Just make sure it is only open to your citizens alone...na so football dey take die.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Been An Honour: Abramovich Pens Tribute As Chelsea Complete Boehly Takeover by Mikelarteta(m): 1:32pm On May 28, 2022
A
Re: It's Been An Honour: Abramovich Pens Tribute As Chelsea Complete Boehly Takeover by Elidrisy20: 1:32pm On May 28, 2022
This called day light robbery

13 Likes

Re: It's Been An Honour: Abramovich Pens Tribute As Chelsea Complete Boehly Takeover by Segzy19: 1:32pm On May 28, 2022
The sky is forever blue...

May it never be red.....

2 Likes

Re: It's Been An Honour: Abramovich Pens Tribute As Chelsea Complete Boehly Takeover by Ecos(m): 1:32pm On May 28, 2022
grin Chelshit bye bye. Next year relegation is sure thank God grin grin angry grin angry

2 Likes

Re: It's Been An Honour: Abramovich Pens Tribute As Chelsea Complete Boehly Takeover by redcliff: 1:32pm On May 28, 2022
The west will be quick to furck you over no matter how much you have invested in their economy, just to paint a certain picture of themselves to the world. Look at a full Abrahmovich being forced to give up his asset because of his country of origin. Can this ever happen to an American or a British person? This is part of what the East and Arabs have been fighting against. The west is a den of hypocrites.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Been An Honour: Abramovich Pens Tribute As Chelsea Complete Boehly Takeover by Mikelarteta(m): 1:33pm On May 28, 2022
This guy just go take head carry problem wey no be him own. It will not be well with Putin.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prince Kennedy Is WPF, World Power Lifting Champion 2016. Photos / Lukaku Scores His First Goal For Manchester United / Mike Tyson To Face Roy Jones Jr. In September 12 Exhibition Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.