Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki - Health (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki (82669 Views)

Shoprite Worker Commits Suicide In Akure After Being Suspended From Work / Commercial Motorcyclist Commits Suicide In Ibadan By Hanging (Disturbing Photo) / Victor Ojeamiran: Soldier Commits Suicide In Yobe, Leaves Note For Wife(Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Acidbath: 9:02am On May 30, 2022
Amumaigwe:

The challenge is universal sis. Before you japa, why not ask older and single ladies abroad how they cope.
God designed a path of happiness for women but some of them are busy attempting to change that for centuries but are failing.

Ask women that are faithfully married and remained submissive to their husband what the feeling is like. Nobody is wiser than God.

Sh1t talk
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by PoliteActivist: 9:03am On May 30, 2022
akinade28:

Don't mind those ignorant folks you quoted. They are always looking for means to bully and belittle women

No mind them. All sorts of people kill themselves EVERY DAY, but once it's a single lady it must be because she is single!

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Acidbath: 9:03am On May 30, 2022
gulfer:
RIP to her!!!! To all the female "I can exist alone", learn from this... Loneliness and congi nor be your mate o angry angry angry angry

Females can exist alone. Its males that can't. Let that sink.

1 Like

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Shagamoni(m): 9:11am On May 30, 2022
Death is not the solution but may her soul rest in peace.
my condolences to her family, friends and colleagues she left behind

pls lets be checking on our female friends that are single and ripe for marriage

1 Like

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by PoliteActivist: 9:14am On May 30, 2022
Acidbath:

Sh1t talk

Indeed. They never look beyond the surface.
All sorts of people kill themselves EVERY DAY, but once it's a single lady, it must be because she is single!
Amumaigwe, Shagamoni how do your posts tally with these statistics below?

1 Like

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by mariahAngel(f): 9:17am On May 30, 2022
Abba114:
im suicidal i swear to god

Why?
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Foreigna2: 9:19am On May 30, 2022
Mrbenny001:
Should they settle down with goat after first degree...no be person wey see reasonable man go settle down....I have a female friend like that currently...she has been complaining seriously...the only men that get serious with her are married men ...after 2..3 days with a single guy... they're off.

Married men are usually more patient and tolerate more nonsense than single guys.
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by IyaTola: 9:23am On May 30, 2022
mekybabe1:
Globacom staff. Working with Adenuga is enough to cause depression.
That company na madness but people will not speak up
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by IyaTola: 9:24am On May 30, 2022
Abba114:
im suicidal i swear to god
Don't do it, I love � you, talk to me
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by IyaTola: 9:25am On May 30, 2022
VIKTO83:
I bet to disagree that any Nigerian will taken his or life for such lousy reason. Surrogacy is an option.
There is more to that and I know case had closed as soon as the family takes d corpse for burial.

Nigeria is 7th world.
Surrogacy but Nigerians are still not embracing it
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by IyaTola: 9:26am On May 30, 2022
oweniwe:

Sometimes it's not the women's fault. What if the men she meets are the irresponsible ones?

The types that will promise marriage for 5 years and do nothing.

A lady only has to date one of such guys to ruin her life
it's a LAW in Nigeria if you promise a person marriage and it didn't materialize, you are liable to a jail term
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by IyaTola: 9:27am On May 30, 2022
OJURONGBE1:

That western world is the mother of loneliness.
Have you travelled out or ask single people how tough it is for them over there?
Here in Nigeria, you could meet someone on the street and strike a conversation, make friends with them and start checking up on each other, but you'd become a bother if you try such overseas.

Nigeria is the best place for socialization.
Take it from me.
True and you could be reported to the police for public disturbance
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by IyaTola: 9:29am On May 30, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

How do you know that she didn't want to adopt a child? Are you the partner she never had?
Adoption in Nigeria especially some states is a hurricane task
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by IyaTola: 9:31am On May 30, 2022
[quote author=Blessiing post=113300839][/quote] happy belated birthday, there is a man out there for you. Listen to Nigeria info 99.3fm 12am-4:00am download the app

1 Like

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Kisico: 9:33am On May 30, 2022
Damnfailure:
Suicide is the best way to end this pain called life. If u are grateful for life another has the right to want to leave it. Suicide is human will triumphing over the will of creation. The force that puts creation in motion. It's the ultimate decision that tells the creator I don't want Ur life(pain) and u can't force it on me. I have the right to reject it. It's a movement still in its infant stage but will continue to grow.

Sucide is still not the best bro, because while you end the present life, they still force you back into existence by virtue of rebirth and the pain continues. So stay back there and continue to ask for the mercy of your creator to recreate your destiny for good.

Beside, no human has a perfect life on this very earth no matter what you can see. Be strong and keep hope alive.
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Acidbath: 9:35am On May 30, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Indeed. They never look beyond the surface.
All sorts of people kill themselves EVERY DAY, but once it's a single lady, it must be because she is single!
Amumaigwe, Shagamoni how do your posts tally with these statistics below?

You mind those failures?
Always craving for the 'submisiveness' of females to function as living things. If they don't get it, they commit suicide.

The statistics of them committing suicide is way higher and they feel they can tell females how to live their lives.
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Kisico: 9:38am On May 30, 2022
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by mariahAngel(f): 9:42am On May 30, 2022
Moz22:
Stuck in btw if i should give up or not.. it's hard really

Choose life.
Stop worrying.
Trust in God steadfastly, and God will keep you(your soul) in perfect peace.

1 Like

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Pootle: 9:43am On May 30, 2022
Ay04z:
Damn niggar.
.. Death is not d solution.... Rip to d dead.

bros only the dead can explain that...all religion prognosis are just theory that cant be justified, life after death can only be explain by the dead or when we die. mind you at one point the end will come.
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Acidbath: 9:43am On May 30, 2022
aycorporat:

My response here in that, the biological time of a woman ticks faster as nature is still favourable to you as a man if you decide to have your children even in your 60's.

You want to be paying school fees in your 60's?
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by PARADIZEPRIEST: 9:57am On May 30, 2022
SO SAD!SUCH A PRETTY SEXY LADY.BEING CHILDLESS IS NO DEATH SENTENCE wink,ALL YOU NEED A CONFIDANT TO HELP YOU FIND SOLUTION.
SHE SHOULD HAVE VISTED PYSCHOLOGIST LIKE ME FOR PROPER REHAB. angry
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Michael004: 9:59am On May 30, 2022
aycorporat:
That is why I don't blame ladies who party hard just to keep sane. Sincerely, the society is not fair to the women folk at times owing to the pressure of marriage.

Besides, I always advise ladies, once you are done with the first degree, settle down. However, some keep chasing more degrees and building careers thereby making the men folk to be scared of them as being too independent.

I wish the police can dig.deeper into the case of sniper ingestion, possibly murder. But Nigerian police....story for another day.
I love independent ladies o. If I see one.. I don't mind.
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Nobody: 10:03am On May 30, 2022
aycorporat:
That is why I don't blame ladies who party hard just to keep sane. Sincerely, the society is not fair to the women folk at times owing to the pressure of marriage.

Besides, I always advise ladies, once you are done with the first degree, settle down. However, some keep chasing more degrees and building careers thereby making the men folk to be scared of them as being too independent.

I wish the police can dig.deeper into the case of sniper ingestion, possibly murder. But Nigerian police....story for another day.

Bro, the main valid point is in your last paragraph. The police should dig deeper cos she might have been killed or probably committed suicide for another reason entirely.

I don't believe "partying hard" is a solution to anything, it would only make the person more depressed when there is no party. Life isn't fair on ladies you say, but is it fair on men? Try not having money and see if the society would pay attention to you or respect you.

Also doing MSc or PhD isn't a bad idea, many have met their husbands in postgraduate school.

I just believe a lot of women don't invest their early years (especially early 20s) in a good relationship with the right person. Some take advantage of their prime and decide to flex until they discover they're no longer young and desired once they cross into their late 20s or early 30s. Some were not very sociable, some had poor character, some were busy looking for rich guys, fine boy, some were into sugar daddies and some were food mongers, always eating anyhow when guys take them out

Regardless, nothing is too late for God to do.

RIP to the dead.
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by JoyousFurnitire(m): 10:06am On May 30, 2022
gassbee:
u need to b in theirs shoes to know wat d feeling is like

See bro life itself is vain. The first rule to understand is that earth is terror, people die mysteriously in their prime, there is cancer and all sort of sickness.

There is betrayal and all sort. Even the rich cry.

One of the best things you'll be doing is to not bring a new soul into this terror. You can instead help those orphans, abandon babes and even the old folks in this world they didn't even beg to come. I mean adopt, make your environment better. Embark on some philanthropic project if you can. Volunteer, join a group (it could be religious related or not). Be happy.

PS: I'm not against having kid(s). If you can please do but be ready to give them things that will make the terror minimal.
There even newer options like surrogacy and sperm donation if you want a kid so bad.
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by seguno2: 10:07am On May 30, 2022
edoman2016:
Loneliness is not good. As humans, we all want to feel loved and desire a companion. There is no point being rich and no children to inherit your sweat. Its just vanity.

It’s the way our society views these things.
Don’t we have some of the indispensable things for modern life discovered, designed, manufactured and constantly updated by people who had no spouse and no child but used their money to further improve their societies

2 Likes

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by chigoizie7(m): 10:07am On May 30, 2022
johhnnie:

Same shoes here.

The loneliness here is so brutal.

I would have gone same route many times over. There was a period of time I researched into the most painless way to commit suicide. Cutting one's wrist, jumping off an edge ( people used to jumpnoff the Brooklyn, Manhattanand the StatenIsland bridges), gun to the head or hearth, drinking poisonous substances etc.

You try to bury yourself in your work. You work long hours until you can see no more .

However, when you get to your dwelling place, the emptiness stares back at you. NYC is worst. I discovered ultimately, that you can be surrounded by a mammoth of crowd; and yet, be very lonely. I know lots of people won't believe this.... Less than 2 months, the corpse of a Nigerian guy was evacuated from a house not too far from me. Around the same time a lady in Staten Island. In some cases, lots of these people would have no known relations. Their pictures would be circulated on the social media

And again, it's sad that the relationship that most Nigerians have with people in the diaspora starts and ends with money.

It's a bitter experience!

Exactly. At this stage most of the relationships we keep are mostly beneficial financially. At the close of work each day, everyone goes to face their own demons.

Most people won’t understand it. This is Monday, Since Friday evening I haven’t left my apartment except going to get food. I talk with my mom, video calls with my siblings and then at the end of the calls. I am just all by myself. When I was in my village, in the evening I come out to a certain shop with people and gist, on weekends, I go to viewing centres and watch soccer and have things to talk about until I tired and then I will sleep. I have lived in this apartment for 10months now but I do not know my two neighbors left and right. You go to work and all you hear is “hey” “hi” “hello”.
People want to make money , yes, but then again there will get a time when you will have enough that you won’t even know what to do with it. Some people will say, invest it, for who? Some will say, save and travel and enjoy life, with who? Alone? That’s when you start asking yourself questions like, does it make sense? That’s when you feel like you are empty. And depressions sets in because you feel like you are empty, no purpose anymore. Just wake up, go to work, come back home, and repeat the exact same thing all over. Till when?

So my people. Family is the best thing that can happen to anyone. It might be stressful from the beginning but it is far much much better than loneliness.

This lady in question at 46, living in lekki phase must be financially responsible and stable. But when she checks her account balance and see lots of money she has worked for over the years. But nothing to do with it. She felt imprisoned even when she was free. But if she was paying school fees, paying house rent for her kids in uni, Buying clothes and kids shenanigans , it will keep her busy and thinking at all times, by the time she is retiring from work, and kids getting married, grand kids will come and life moves on.

5 Likes

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by mariahAngel(f): 10:17am On May 30, 2022
chigoizie7:

It is enough my dear.

Loneliness can mess one up. In as much as I have families and friends that I still talk to on daily, sometimes I just want to run back to naija, because this place is damn lonely. You can say hello and hi to people but deep down, you know that’s not it.

The solution to that lies within your spirit.
When you let God into your soul, God fills up that void/space in you that no human or anything can permanently fill.
With God, you can never feel lonely and depressed no matter where you are or go, because wherever you are, God is right there within you(your spirit).
Anybody can leave you at any time, but God can never and will never leave you(unless you leave God).

2 Likes

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by LastProphet: 10:24am On May 30, 2022
doggedfighter:
I don't believe the reason for her suicide.

There maybe more to it.

It's usually easy to think that not having a

husband and children is the reason for anything that happens to an unmarried lady.

That's how dumb our majority are, very very dumb race this our race. I was happier when i had no kids or wife. Sorry for this continent
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by hush15: 10:26am On May 30, 2022
Acidbath:

I hope you live in the north to experience the defects of what you are promoting.

What am I promoting?
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by asahnwaKC: 10:29am On May 30, 2022
Fearme344:
god bless you but e b like say dog Don Row u dodgy before la make u think go dat side

Lozzzz.... you can’t help but love them

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Stubborn Rashes On The Head: How Can I Treat This? (Disturbing Photo) / Kenyans Duped Into Wearing Pants As Face Masks To Prevent COVID-19 / COVID-19: Man Gains Over 100kg Within 5 Months Of Lockdown In Wuhan (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.