Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,886 members, 7,810,406 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki - Health (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki (82560 Views)

Shoprite Worker Commits Suicide In Akure After Being Suspended From Work / Commercial Motorcyclist Commits Suicide In Ibadan By Hanging (Disturbing Photo) / Victor Ojeamiran: Soldier Commits Suicide In Yobe, Leaves Note For Wife(Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by jhubril(m): 12:56pm On May 30, 2022
Get out joor idiot. Listen to yourself
lailo:
Congrats. Women are funny. They wanna eat their cake and have it. There is a way God arranged it. Submit to a man and live a world of peace, carry pride on your head and live a frustrated and depressed life. Another feminist bites the dust grin
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by azpekuliar: 1:00pm On May 30, 2022
Dawn91:

U r a goat

*In Asari's voice*

How many times will they tell you that Blogging is not for youuuu tongue
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by lailo: 1:00pm On May 30, 2022
UnknownQueen:

Just before you come to a public forum to give this unsolicited advice to feminists, I hope you've given same advice to your sister who is the grand - patroness of all feminists,......Put your own house in order before coming out here to spew gibberish and nonsense..
Evilqueen, I beg I sabi u before?(I hope you've given same advice.....)
U know my sister? (your sister who is the grand - patroness of all feminists.....)
U know my house?(Put your own house in order.........)
While i talk my own while not just talk your own?
Abeg Carry ur frustrated life comot for my mention grin grin grin grin
Stewpid sllut and pained bitch...... grin grin grin
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by aribisala0(m): 1:01pm On May 30, 2022
edoman2016:
Loneliness is not good. As humans, we all want to feel loved and desire a companion. There is no point being rich and no children to inherit your sweat. Its just vanity.
And if you have children to inherit it is not vanity?
Life itself is vanity if you live it for yourself because each person is just a very brief pop-up
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by aribisala0(m): 1:01pm On May 30, 2022
lailo:
Congrats. Women are funny. They wanna eat their cake and have it. There is a way God arranged it. Submit to a man and live a world of peace, carry pride on your head and live a frustrated and depressed life. Another feminist bites the dust grin
You sound bitter and twisted

2 Likes

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Ay04z(m): 1:16pm On May 30, 2022
Pootle:

bros only the dead can explain that...all religion prognosis are just theory that cant be justified, life after death can only be explain by the dead or when we die. mind you at one point the end will come.
surely... Everyone will kiss d dust.... D earth is a scam...
I pray for a peacefull death wen d time come..
And also jesus.. Jesus liveth... Wen someone have him as d lord and saviour. Happiness always dey... Cheers.
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Unrated900(m): 1:20pm On May 30, 2022
azpekuliar:
Just to mention that even those who have those things still commit suicide.
RIP to the deceased.
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Acidbath: 1:42pm On May 30, 2022
chigoizie7:

Yes. She could have. I know that some factors might have hindered her from making that choice.

There are certain things that we can’t just change in this life no matter how we want to twist it. Truth is always truth.

Most women fail to understand that they are different from men. Biologically and logically we are wired differently. A man who is of the same age with a lady might say to himself, let me focus on my education and career, make a lot of money and then settle down. By the time he goes from Bsc to MSc to PHd and other courses and qualifications and then start building up a successful career to the point where he will feel fulfilled. He might be getting to 45-50, and if the woman who is of the same age with him goes the same route, at 50, it’s mostly hard to settle down and start having kids as her biological time has been ticking, meanwhile the young man can even marry at 60 and still give birth to as many kids he desires. Let us accept that we are not the same.

She must be the career driven type. The likes of Linda ikeji them that talks about living without a man but rushed to have kids because she knew what awaits her in old age, meanwhile she shamed single mothers.

Kindly remain single till 60 before having kids.

Body go tell you. You think you are made of stone?
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by EvilNeedle(m): 1:48pm On May 30, 2022
Cutehector:
she don die abi? Na she still kill herself by her programming.

I agree sha. Na she still kill herself. She must've been very picky of men in her younger days until her time ran out
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by mariahAngel(f): 1:50pm On May 30, 2022
Munzy14:

There are two relationships.

1. With God.
2. With follow human.

Number one is awlays there.

Number 2 is where the problems comes in, because it is a must..But some people feel they are loners and can move with or without fellow humans...Ya wuru mma m ya si fa fa faaa foul.. grin grin grin there will come a time the loner will give up...If situations doesn't change.

As to the person you mentioned, his/her complaint is not even the only one...A friend doing his PhD in the States told me after two years he got to see his next door neighbour for the first time...damn grin grin

He feels soo lonely that he is considering marriage now..But the problem is he has two ladies in line..His babe of 10years..Who left when he begged to just go and do PhD, come back and marry her..she said no..she left.

Now,he met another babe online, from no where babe that left returned and started threatening new babe to leave that my guy is her man grin

Wahala now be say, they are like oya choose who you want abeg.. cheesy cheesy

Somebody that is facing loneliness over there, Is now having a complicated relationship..lmao

Life sef.

Lastly, relationship with God is Important..

Relationship with fellow human is a must..It breeds a lot of advantages despite the ups and downs.

The reason why relationship with God is of utmost importance is because it makes your relationship with humans better.
Of course, relationship with humans is important also.
With God, you love better. Generously, selflessly, but not desperately.

When you don't have a spiritual relationship with God, you can be in the company of a multitude of friends and family, and still feel lonely and void on the inside.
Man is more spirit than flesh.

OK. Ka'm situ asiri; For how long did the runaway babe leave? cheesy
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by segcymoor(m): 2:26pm On May 30, 2022
Mrbenny001:
Should they settle down with goat after first degree...no be person wey see reasonable man go settle down....I have a female friend like that currently...she has been complaining seriously...the only men that get serious with her are married men ...after 2..3 days with a single guy... they're off.

If she's working class..and decent enough ( religion is not a barrier)...a good friend is interested in serious relationship...
Preferably Lagos
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by chigoizie7(m): 2:30pm On May 30, 2022
Acidbath:

Kindly remain single till 60 before having kids.

Body go tell you. You think you are made of stone?

Clearly comprehension is your big problem. Whatever you mentioned was a response to a thread that you didn’t even know how it started.

2 Likes

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Cutehector(m): 2:40pm On May 30, 2022
EvilNeedle:

I agree sha. Na she still kill herself. She must've been very picky of men in her younger days until her time ran out
thats just the truth.. You cant tell me as a lady, no man will make passes at you from birth till death, its not possible. As people say, we are a product of our choices. If you choose to be single, well, you have to bear the consequences of single life. It surely comes with boredom, loneliness and if you are not strong enough, depression sets in. She might have medical issues also that can make her to be depressed, did she speak up? Nope.

She decided to use the easy way out which is suicide. I can decide to end my life right now, but is it worth it? Nope..

The world would move on regardless. A true christian/muslim would not end their life by themselves because there has been a price that has been paid.

1 Like

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Acidosis(m): 2:40pm On May 30, 2022
edoman2016:
Loneliness is not good. As humans, we all want to feel loved and desire a companion. There is no point being rich and no children to inherit your sweat. Its just vanity.

When you die, everything becomes vanity, including your children.

May her soul rests in peace. As humans, we all need to learn the act of kindness though. You don't have to keep many people in your circle but the few around you, be kind to them. I'm not sure she would want to kill herself if she has really great people around her.

Nigeria is an extremely corrupt and morally bankrupt society, where people "celebrate" their successes just to pepper the next person.

I'm not surprised she killed herself on Children's Day. No matter how strong you think you are as a woman, you will never be able to manage your emotions on days like that in the social media age. No surprises at all; I wish she had great people around her.

1 Like

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Acidbath: 2:48pm On May 30, 2022
chigoizie7:

Clearly comprehension is your big problem. Whatever you mentioned was a response to a thread that you didn’t even know how it started.

Then don't bring it up since it has nothing to do with this thread.
My suggestion to you still stands since you love to delude yourself.
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Mrbenny001: 2:55pm On May 30, 2022
segcymoor:

If she's working class..and decent enough ( religion is not a barrier)...a good friend is interested in serious relationship...
Preferably Lagos
she works in the bank
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Moz22: 2:59pm On May 30, 2022
Munzy14:

As a fellow man, let me give you one secret of a confident man.

Ones you see problem, immediately start thinking of solution..Before 24hrs elapse, you will surprise to have come up with something reasonable to make Impact.

To the case you have at hand, you must stand and act like a man..

Check if you have any friend as a lawyer, open up to the person..Lawyers do what we call Pro bono cases.(Free of charge) to assist humanity.

Or

Go to human rights commission in your state, lay the complain to them, one lawyer there will be touched to take up the case..

Don't sit and worry, stand up and face this challenge...You won't know the impact and how Proud your Dad will be..knowing he has a son with such capability.

Good luck.

Like Mariah told you, worrying will lead you to depression..It is a fact.
thanks bruh
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by baby124: 3:03pm On May 30, 2022
cococandy:
her “family member” done open mouth waa talk nonsense as if they were present in the room when she died and gave them the reason why she did it. That’s if she wasn’t even murdered. NL association of single lady shamers have now seen something to talk about.
Nigerians will never admit Mental Illness in their family because of stigma. They will lie about Spiritual problems or some other cause like loneliness to cover up to the public. Thereby putting a stigma on others.

2 Likes

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by baby124: 3:10pm On May 30, 2022
tonyashburton:
So why not count your blessings?You have a job that affords you the luxury of living in Osapa.Why not look to the bright side?If you wanted a child you could have adopted one.
It’s not child or marriage that was her problem! It’s depression. She didn’t even trust herself with kids because of her mental health. How much more marriage?

1 Like

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by laborious(m): 3:30pm On May 30, 2022
To women, having a family is a big achievement, this should serve as a lesson to most of them, especially the rich ones, you must stoop to conquer, depression is real so do what you can with what you have, as the saying goes there is no value for a king who does not have a queen, if you cant secure a man to yourself, let one impregnate you.. she can even get a donor but depression has clouded her reasoning..what a wasted life..
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Pickieox(m): 3:35pm On May 30, 2022
Dawn91:

U are not well at all

Na your papa no well. E-diot

cheesy grin grin
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Dawn91(m): 3:53pm On May 30, 2022
Pickieox:

Na your papa no well. E-diot

cheesy grin grin

Koni dafun awon ebi e. Omo rada rada...
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by userplainly(m): 4:06pm On May 30, 2022
So can’t she just bring her pride down n get herself a young guy to father a child for her? Shoo.. Men are not expensive or difficult.
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by henrimoto(m): 4:06pm On May 30, 2022
Lamanii22:
Suicide is evil…. May we not have reasons to commit suicide in Jesus name..
Amen!!
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Rrchrd(m): 4:26pm On May 30, 2022
When I'm here looking for a senior wealthy lady like her to marry
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Munzy14(m): 4:46pm On May 30, 2022
mariahAngel:

The reason why relationship with God is of utmost importance is because it makes your relationship with humans better.
Of course, relationship with humans is important also.
With God, you love better. Generously, selflessly, but not desperately.

When you don't have a spiritual relationship with God, you can be in the company of a multitude of friends and family, and still feel lonely and void on the inside.
Man is more spirit than flesh.

OK. Ka'm situ asiri; For how long did the runaway babe leave? cheesy

A lot of people are lonely.

She left when he moved to US in 2019..And this issue happened last year ending.

I si asiri..grin
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by chigoizie7(m): 5:01pm On May 30, 2022
Acidbath:

Then don't bring it up since it has nothing to do with this thread.
My suggestion to you still stands since you love to delude yourself.

Clearly you didn’t start the thread from the beginning because whoever I replied was on this same topic and on the same thread. Na so people go de jump unto wetin dem no know just for the sake of “i commented”.
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by UnknownQueen(f): 5:02pm On May 30, 2022
lailo:

Evilqueen, I beg I sabi u before?(I hope you've given same advice.....)
U know my sister? (your sister who is the grand - patroness of all feminists.....)
U know my house?(Put your own house in order.........)
While i talk my own while not just talk your own?
Abeg Carry ur frustrated life comot for my mention grin grin grin grin
Stewpid sllut and pained bitch...... grin grin grin

Don't lie, who is the pained slut between your sister who works in a brothel and I?...
Like I said before put your own house in order, before coming out to give unsolicited advice ....
Charity begins at home lai-----low.
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by dammyagboola(m): 5:29pm On May 30, 2022
Women are the problem. Allow your husband that want to take second wife. Inorder for all the women that needs care and attention of man to get it. Islamic solution is the only genuine solution to problem unmarried women.
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by mariahAngel(f): 5:31pm On May 30, 2022
Munzy14:

A lot of people are lonely.

She left when he moved to US in 2019..And this issue happened last year ending.

I si asiri..grin

She left that long and dared to come back? Ya taa gbafuo!!!
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Munzy14(m): 6:24pm On May 30, 2022
mariahAngel:

She left that long and dared to come back? Ya taa gbafuo!!!
Ihe nke ahu eeh grin grin

Entitlement stuffs..

Some women no just get patience for us...Everything will be going fine for years, make that sacrifice request, 2seconds evevrywhere go burst..lol

He even begged her to wait o..Ka ya ga further his education to better their future, nwata nwaanyi aju... lipsrsealed

When we dey school, this guy eji hu kwa nwa a egwuriegwu o..His engine board, T-sets, rulers, books had her name and his cheesy love bu oku bia o.. grin grin

Ya bia visiting eeh, nobody enters his room..Without observing rules..lol

It was fun watching the love birds sha.
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by mariahAngel(f): 6:30pm On May 30, 2022
Munzy14:

Ihe nke ahu eeh grin grin

Entitlement stuffs..

Some women no just get patience for us...Everything will be going fine for years, make that sacrifice request, 2seconds evevrywhere go burst..lol

He even begged her to wait o..Ka ya ga further his education to better their future, nwata nwaanyi aju... lipsrsealed

When we dey school, this guy eji hu kwa nwa a egwuriegwu o..His engine board, T-sets, rulers, books had her name and his cheesy love bu oku bia o.. grin grin

Ya bia visiting eeh, nobody enters his room..Without observing rules..lol

It was fun watching the love birds sha.

O kara I metu ihe n'isi ya mana a pu naa?
Did he at least suggest that?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test / Stubborn Rashes On The Head: How Can I Treat This? (Disturbing Photo) / Face-Mask Suffocates Security Guard To Death In Abeokuta (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.