Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,905 members, 7,810,488 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki - Health (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki (82561 Views)

Shoprite Worker Commits Suicide In Akure After Being Suspended From Work / Commercial Motorcyclist Commits Suicide In Ibadan By Hanging (Disturbing Photo) / Victor Ojeamiran: Soldier Commits Suicide In Yobe, Leaves Note For Wife(Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Moz22: 10:29am On May 30, 2022
mariahAngel:

Choose life.
Stop worrying.
Trust in God steadfastly, and God will keep you(your soul) in perfect peace.
These days, I just come here to find succor really. I'm not a happy man. I just can't take my life now cos I've got my dad to get outta jail for a crime non existent. I feel choked, out of ideas.. weak, can't even think right. His bail some is worrisome.. u don't expect me to feel well when my dad's behind bars?

2 Likes

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by chigoizie7(m): 10:33am On May 30, 2022
frozen70:

That's true, but she could have adopted a child

Yes. She could have. I know that some factors might have hindered her from making that choice.

There are certain things that we can’t just change in this life no matter how we want to twist it. Truth is always truth.

Most women fail to understand that they are different from men. Biologically and logically we are wired differently. A man who is of the same age with a lady might say to himself, let me focus on my education and career, make a lot of money and then settle down. By the time he goes from Bsc to MSc to PHd and other courses and qualifications and then start building up a successful career to the point where he will feel fulfilled. He might be getting to 45-50, and if the woman who is of the same age with him goes the same route, at 50, it’s mostly hard to settle down and start having kids as her biological time has been ticking, meanwhile the young man can even marry at 60 and still give birth to as many kids he desires. Let us accept that we are not the same.

She must be the career driven type. The likes of Linda ikeji them that talks about living without a man but rushed to have kids because she knew what awaits her in old age, meanwhile she shamed single mothers.

1 Like

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Yoighaman(m): 10:35am On May 30, 2022
May God grant her eternal rest.

Depression is real, please, let's always check up on one another.
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by doggedfighter(f): 10:38am On May 30, 2022
LastProphet:

That's how dumb our majority are, very very dumb race this our race. I was happier when i had no kids or wife. Sorry for this continent

You will be surprised that even the foolish family members that came out to tell the public her death is because she's not married don't know anything about her life . Her life may actually be better than most of them that are married.

Here , everyone must be forced to be married so as to present a picture of a fulfilled life.

4 Likes

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:39am On May 30, 2022
IyaTola:
it's not as easy as you say it.

Yes, I know that because I have been down there.

However, is it not better to speak up and get bashed than do nothing at all and commit suicide in the end?
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Senwe: 10:40am On May 30, 2022
Taking her life by her self is not the solution, may God help us
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:41am On May 30, 2022
SeriouslySense:
Maybe she did not have any person that she can count on or loved ones, not everyone has loved ones.

The same family might have been tormenting her too.

We can't say.

It's not enough to guess that from the comfort of your keypads.
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:44am On May 30, 2022
Moz22:
ofcourse I definitely can't, I've got my dad to get outta jail.. it's wearing me

How come did this happen?
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by SeriouslySense(m): 10:51am On May 30, 2022
Sure. smiley smiley, although, I wonder what really happened, its important.
UyaiIncomparabl:

We can't say.

It's not enough to guess that from the comfort of your keypads.
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by joyandfaith: 10:53am On May 30, 2022
OJURONGBE1:

That western world is the mother of loneliness.
Have you travelled out or ask single people how tough it is for them over there?
Here in Nigeria, you could meet someone on the street and strike a conversation, make friends with them and start checking up on each other, but you'd become a bother if you try such overseas.

Nigeria is the best place for socialization.
Take it from me.

Yes,best place for hypocritical socialization.
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by BRATISLAVA: 11:22am On May 30, 2022
cococandy:

I know he’s married. And his wife is presumably one of the good ones. I don’t know why he thinks other men don’t have it good too.

Their aim is simply to give outlet to the misogyny they are scared to show their wives. Then go home and eat humble pie.

He is like Abbey-something. That guy will condemn and slay women, yet he's married to what? Thumbelina? And she's the best woman on planet earth, because the one he married isn't actually a woman? Lol.

Any boy who listens to these men trying to live out their misogyny through them is a thorough idiot.

4 Likes

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Toni19: 11:22am On May 30, 2022
planetE:
she was single and childless at 47. That is very disheartening.

As how?

1 Like

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by tonyashburton: 11:23am On May 30, 2022
So why not count your blessings?You have a job that affords you the luxury of living in Osapa.Why not look to the bright side?If you wanted a child you could have adopted one.
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by LastProphet: 11:40am On May 30, 2022
doggedfighter:

You will be surprised that even the foolish family members that came out to tell the public her death is because she's not married don't know anything about her life . Her life may actually be better than most of them that are married.

Here , everyone must be forced to be married so as to present a picture of a fulfilled life.

Unfortunately true even for those that we think attended university, same herd mentality
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by chigoizie7(m): 11:44am On May 30, 2022
mariahAngel:

The solution to that lies within your spirit.
When you let God into your soul, God fills up that void/space in you that no human or anything can permanently fill.
With God, you can never feel lonely and depressed no matter where you are or go, because wherever you are, God is right there within you(your spirit).
Anybody can leave you at any time, but God can never and will never leave you(unless you leave God).

As a Christian I agree with you. But also know that everyone is not like us.

You are a Christian by chance and not by choice. If your were born into a staunch Muslim family, trust me, you would have been a Muslim by now. If you were as well born into a deep Hindu family, you would have been practicing Hinduism. Same as atheist and people who are not religious. And you know one thing? All these people are living there lives.

My point is, let us find a purpose in life. A purpose that will take time to fulfil and that’s family because it never ends.

1 Like

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by mariahAngel(f): 11:52am On May 30, 2022
Moz22:
These days, I just come here to find succor really. I'm not a happy man. I just can't take my life now cos I've got my dad to get outta jail for a crime non existent. I feel choked, out of ideas.. weak, can't even think right. His bail some is worrisome.. u don't expect me to feel well when my dad's behind bars?

Believe it or not, worrying isn't going to solve anything, neither does worrying make you more responsible or means that you care more.
Worry only brings anxiety, which leads to desperation, then depression.
Free yourself.

You can decide to stop worrying, then ask God to lead you to where solution is, then guide you on what to do.

Everything will fall into place and be alright eventually, you'll see.

2 Likes

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by freemanq(m): 11:55am On May 30, 2022
Why kill urself,why don't you go for Adoption instead of killing yourself
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by azpekuliar: 11:59am On May 30, 2022
Dawn91:

First of all the same message made it to front osgem you see the added part about contrary claims to her loneliness? It's all for press face. Everyone knows that's why she commited suicide? Her colleagues alluded to this hence the family had to create a new narrative to clean up her memory which is understandable.

U need to broaden ur cognitive ability .. stop thinking like a 2 year old

You are just one of the many dumb bloggers littered all over Nairaland constantly dishing out falsehood disguised as facts to the public.
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Dawn91(m): 11:59am On May 30, 2022
azpekuliar:

You are just one of the many dumb bloggers littered all over Nairaland constantly dishing out falsehood disguised as facts to the public.

U r a goat
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by aycorporat(m): 12:02pm On May 30, 2022
ebute3:

Bro, the main valid point is in your last paragraph. The police should dig deeper cos she might have been killed or probably committed suicide for another reason entirely.

I don't believe "partying hard" is a solution to anything, it would only make the person more depressed when there is no party. Life isn't fair on ladies you say, but is it fair on men? Try not having money and see if the society would pay attention to you or respect you.

Also doing MSc or PhD isn't a bad idea, many have met their husbands in postgraduate school.

I just believe a lot of women don't invest their early years (especially early 20s) in a good relationship with the right person. Some take advantage of their prime and decide to flex until they discover they're no longer young and desired once they cross into their late 20s or early 30s. Some were not very sociable, some had poor character, some were busy looking for rich guys, fine boy, some were into sugar daddies and some were food mongers, always eating anyhow when guys take them out

Regardless, nothing is too late for God to do.

RIP to the dead.

You nailed it.

Owo meji loke tuale
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Nobody: 12:10pm On May 30, 2022
aycorporat:

You nailed it.

Owo meji loke tuale

Baba agbalagba! I hail o. grin
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Moz22: 12:18pm On May 30, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

How come did this happen?
enemies from within wanting to get rid of him.. so they framed him up
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 30, 2022
doggedfighter:
I don't believe the reason for her suicide.

There maybe more to it.
Bankers dey face hell

It's usually easy to think that not having a

husband and children is the reason for anything that happens to an unmarried lady.

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Moz22: 12:19pm On May 30, 2022
mariahAngel:

Believe it or not, worrying isn't going to solve anything, neither does worrying make you more responsible or means that you care more.
Worry only brings anxiety, which leads to desperation, then depression.
Free yourself.

You can decide to stop worrying, then ask God to lead you to where solution is, then guide you on what to do.

Everything will fall into place and be alright eventually, you'll see.
thanks
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by RealityKings: 12:26pm On May 30, 2022
Loneliness is evil
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by AMEERAHBA: 12:33pm On May 30, 2022
Hmmmmmm, second time writing on the Platform.

I HAVE been suffering from acute depression for over 7 years. i had taught i had been leaving on a borrow life. Last week i had done 97% of what she deed but Last Daughter saw it coming and started crying. reason for second Chance from GOD.

Financial Mess

court cases

debt

etc.......All could lead to END IT ALL SYNDROME.

PAINS no easy to handle Alone........Thank You from bossom friends for Come to my rescue. My Daughter Alerted my Wife.

Thank You My Blood Brother

1 Like

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Munzy14(m): 12:35pm On May 30, 2022
mariahAngel:

The solution to that lies within your spirit.
When you let God into your soul, God fills up that void/space in you that no human or anything can permanently fill.
With God, you can never feel lonely and depressed no matter where you are or go, because wherever you are, God is right there within you(your spirit).
Anybody can leave you at any time, but God can never and will never leave you(unless you leave God).
There are two relationships.

1. With God.
2. With follow human.

Number one is awlays there.

Number 2 is where the problems comes in, because it is a must..But some people feel they are loners and can move with or without fellow humans...Ya wuru mma m ya si fa fa faaa foul.. grin grin grin there will come a time the loner will give up...If situations doesn't change.

As to the person you mentioned, his/her complaint is not even the only one...A friend doing his PhD in the States told me after two years he got to see his next door neighbour for the first time...damn grin grin

He feels soo lonely that he is considering marriage now..But the problem is he has two ladies in line..His babe of 10years..Who left when he begged to just go and do PhD, come back and marry her..she said no..she left.

Now,he met another babe online, from no where babe that left returned and started threatening new babe to leave that my guy is her man grin

Wahala now be say, they are like oya choose who you want abeg.. cheesy cheesy

Somebody that is facing loneliness over there, Is now having a complicated relationship..lmao

Life sef.

Lastly, relationship with God is Important..

Relationship with fellow human is a must..It breeds a lot of advantages despite the ups and downs.
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by Munzy14(m): 12:44pm On May 30, 2022
Moz22:
thanks
As a fellow man, let me give you one secret of a confident man.

Ones you see problem, immediately start thinking of solution..Before 24hrs elapse, you will surprise to have come up with something reasonable to make Impact.

To the case you have at hand, you must stand and act like a man..

Check if you have any friend as a lawyer, open up to the person..Lawyers do what we call Pro bono cases.(Free of charge) to assist humanity.

Or

Go to human rights commission in your state, lay the complain to them, one lawyer there will be touched to take up the case..

Don't sit and worry, stand up and face this challenge...You won't know the impact and how Proud your Dad will be..knowing he has a son with such capability.

Good luck.

Like Mariah told you, worrying will lead you to depression..It is a fact.

1 Like

Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by MrBroke(m): 12:45pm On May 30, 2022
edoman2016:
Loneliness is not good. As humans, we all want to feel loved and desire a companion. There is no point being rich and no children to inherit your sweat. Its just vanity.

It ain't vanity, if you give it all to humanity. It's just how you paint and see life.
Re: 47-Year-Old Accountant, Afolake Abiola Commits Suicide In Lekki by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:49pm On May 30, 2022
Wittydreh:
It will be my turn to do this. I'm just frustrated about everything. I'm tired of this life

Sorry. Don't kill yourself. It will get better.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test / Stubborn Rashes On The Head: How Can I Treat This? (Disturbing Photo) / Face-Mask Suffocates Security Guard To Death In Abeokuta (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.