Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,037 members, 7,814,543 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Kurt Zouma Given 180 Hours Of Community Service For Kicking And Slapping His Pet - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kurt Zouma Given 180 Hours Of Community Service For Kicking And Slapping His Pet (18694 Views)

Dana White Caught Slapping His Wife, Anne / David Moyes Shows Support For Kurt Zouma / Kurt Zouma Kicks And Slaps His Cat (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kurt Zouma Given 180 Hours Of Community Service For Kicking And Slapping His Pet by powerfulguy: 12:44pm On Jun 01, 2022
West Ham United defender Kurt Zouma has been ordered to carry out 180 hours of community service after he pleaded guilty to kicking and slapping his cat.

The 27-year-old has also been banned from keeping cats for five years.

He had admitted two offences under the Animal Welfare Act at a hearing at Thames Magistrates' Court in May.

Zouma's brother Yoan, who plays for Dagenham and Redbridge, was ordered to carry out 140 hours of community service at the 15-minute hearing.

The case was brought following an RSPCA investigation.

Yoan admitted one count of aiding, abetting, counselling or procuring his older brother to commit an offence.

"Both of you took part in this disgraceful and reprehensible act with this pet cat," said district judge Susan Holdham.

"The cat looked up to you to care for its needs. On that date in February you did not provide for its needs. You must be aware that others look up to you and many young people aspire to emulate you."

Yoan, 24, filmed the incident at his older brother's home and posted it on Snapchat with 'laughing' emojis on 6 February.

Kurt could be seen kicking the Bengal cat across his kitchen, before throwing a pair of shoes at it and slapping its head, while the video also showed him saying "I swear I'll kill it".

The court heard Yoan, whose contract with Dagenham and Redbridge has been extended, had 80 followers on Snapchat, and only five accounts viewed it before it was deleted a few minutes after being posted.

Kurt was also told to pay court costs of nearly £9,000 in addition to the 12-month community order.

"We are pleased there has been swift justice in this awful case and our focus now is matching these beautiful cats to the loving homes they deserve," said RSPCA chief inspectorate officer Dermot Murphy.

"This case sends a really clear message that animals should never be treated like this, and posting videos of animals being harmed on social media for likes is abhorrent.

"We believe teaching children to treat animals with kindness will lead to a more compassionate society. We need positive role models to help us do that."

West Ham hope Zouma can 'learn from his mistake and move on'
The hearing in May had heard that West Ham had fined the player £250,000 and he had lost a "substantial" sponsorship deal with sportswear firm adidas.

"West Ham United wishes to make clear that we condemn in the strongest terms any form of animal abuse or cruelty," said a statement from the Premier League club after the sentencing.

"This type of behaviour is unacceptable and is not in line with the values of the football club.

"Within 48 hours of the footage emerging, we fined Kurt the maximum available to the club.

"Every single penny of this money is now with a number of deserving charities, all dedicated to animal welfare."

The Hammers added: "Kurt admitted at the earliest opportunity that what he did was wrong. He has apologised without reservation.

"We hope that now the court has reached its decision, everyone will allow Kurt the chance to learn from his mistake and move on."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61657176

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kurt Zouma Given 180 Hours Of Community Service For Kicking And Slapping His Pet by Bahamas95(m): 1:25pm On Jun 01, 2022
When you're in Rome behave like the Romans, e get why.

53 Likes

Re: Kurt Zouma Given 180 Hours Of Community Service For Kicking And Slapping His Pet by paulolee(m): 2:17pm On Jun 01, 2022
I blame his brother for recording and uploading that trash
that's why I keep telling my guys to always keep camera off me whenever we are relaxing, making jokes and catching cruise..
you never can tell Wetin village people fit take nail u...I pity d gee

79 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kurt Zouma Given 180 Hours Of Community Service For Kicking And Slapping His Pet by Maxymilliano(m): 3:29pm On Jun 01, 2022
Does the cat even know such judgement was in its favour? Oyinbo can exhibit mumu at times.

192 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Kurt Zouma Given 180 Hours Of Community Service For Kicking And Slapping His Pet by Rtk5: 5:57pm On Jun 01, 2022
A sane country.... I remember back in 2015 when i was staying in a face me i slap you house, i bought a cat as my pet just because of how much i love cats. One of my neghbour posoined it and it died. I left the dead carcass in the compound and everybody was scared, they begged me to carry it and throw it away but i refused, i told them until the person that killed it confess, it remained there for days, at last the lady confesed but i forgave her.

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kurt Zouma Given 180 Hours Of Community Service For Kicking And Slapping His Pet by curlarpy: 5:57pm On Jun 01, 2022
The stupid cat feeling like a superstar right now...
For this en, my neighbour's cat don enter am

17 Likes

Re: Kurt Zouma Given 180 Hours Of Community Service For Kicking And Slapping His Pet by gift2xl: 5:57pm On Jun 01, 2022
That's the same thing he will do to his fellow human.... Imagine a cat.
This is how it begins from beating a pet, it graduate to human mostly women.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kurt Zouma Given 180 Hours Of Community Service For Kicking And Slapping His Pet by nautybride: 5:57pm On Jun 01, 2022
grin
I trust our darling bobos, the pet must end up in the pot. Las Las, crush the bones

Animal right activists!

5 Likes

Re: Kurt Zouma Given 180 Hours Of Community Service For Kicking And Slapping His Pet by pheranme9(m): 5:57pm On Jun 01, 2022
Contact me for all graphic related work
Re: Kurt Zouma Given 180 Hours Of Community Service For Kicking And Slapping His Pet by ichidodo: 5:57pm On Jun 01, 2022
A very luck boy,him............Look at what happened to those that killed John Wick's puppy.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kurt Zouma Given 180 Hours Of Community Service For Kicking And Slapping His Pet by Faber(m): 5:57pm On Jun 01, 2022
Bahamas95:
When you're in Rome behave like the Romans, e get why.

Yeah
That's a fair punishment if you ask me

2 Likes

Re: Kurt Zouma Given 180 Hours Of Community Service For Kicking And Slapping His Pet by Realists(m): 5:58pm On Jun 01, 2022
Animal cruelty is Haram.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kurt Zouma Given 180 Hours Of Community Service For Kicking And Slapping His Pet by inoki247: 5:58pm On Jun 01, 2022
lol cat wey people dey use du barbecue for here na him diz people dey send person to court untop....

Dey ar mad...

5 Likes

Re: Kurt Zouma Given 180 Hours Of Community Service For Kicking And Slapping His Pet by Abbertee2: 5:58pm On Jun 01, 2022
Ok
Re: Kurt Zouma Given 180 Hours Of Community Service For Kicking And Slapping His Pet by AMGBoss(m): 5:58pm On Jun 01, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Does the cat even know such judgement was in its favour? Oyinbo can exhibit mumu at times.

4 Likes

Re: Kurt Zouma Given 180 Hours Of Community Service For Kicking And Slapping His Pet by Enddy50ty(m): 5:59pm On Jun 01, 2022
Because of ordinary cat..?

Me wey be say if I see cat na to carry stone and kpako 2 by 2 wey I go use plank am because for naija here all cats are potential witches and wizards angry grin

13 Likes

Re: Kurt Zouma Given 180 Hours Of Community Service For Kicking And Slapping His Pet by SultanOfPuna: 5:59pm On Jun 01, 2022
Nigerian Cats Cannot Relate...

The Cats Wey dey Naija na Agbero them be
Hard Life don make some of them dey Bark sef

If to say na Naija Agbero cat Zuma jam
Dem go give the cat 5 years imprisonment for attempted murder.

Cats wey dey U.K dey chop Life
The ones wey dey Naija Don see Shege
No try them

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kurt Zouma Given 180 Hours Of Community Service For Kicking And Slapping His Pet by Wchris(m): 5:59pm On Jun 01, 2022
Just a common cat

1 Like

Re: Kurt Zouma Given 180 Hours Of Community Service For Kicking And Slapping His Pet by Haylel: 5:59pm On Jun 01, 2022
Everyone who's not a vegetarian should go to jail for heartlessly eating animals.

Every vegetarian should also go to jail for hurting the green world.

The both sides should be multiplied till the vawulence is equally spread everywhere.

3 Likes

Re: Kurt Zouma Given 180 Hours Of Community Service For Kicking And Slapping His Pet by LibertyRep: 5:59pm On Jun 01, 2022
Hope he bounces back with all of the deals he has lost.
Re: Kurt Zouma Given 180 Hours Of Community Service For Kicking And Slapping His Pet by SIMONEKPA7: 6:00pm On Jun 01, 2022
Oyibo value for life but you see blacks fear them... No be here we de hear steady scoreyof human death without action!? God in my next world abeg no Carry me come any black man land

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kurt Zouma Given 180 Hours Of Community Service For Kicking And Slapping His Pet by emmyluizzz: 6:00pm On Jun 01, 2022
I'm so horṅy right now

where is candibaby
Re: Kurt Zouma Given 180 Hours Of Community Service For Kicking And Slapping His Pet by Petersamuel8(m): 6:00pm On Jun 01, 2022
and Greenwood will soon start training with United

1 Like

Re: Kurt Zouma Given 180 Hours Of Community Service For Kicking And Slapping His Pet by 2ndchildhood(m): 6:00pm On Jun 01, 2022
The same cat wey we dey cast and bind for here.
Re: Kurt Zouma Given 180 Hours Of Community Service For Kicking And Slapping His Pet by gladdensir(m): 6:01pm On Jun 01, 2022
Comrade zouma don go cause vawulence for oyibo land. Who cares in Africa?

Re: Kurt Zouma Given 180 Hours Of Community Service For Kicking And Slapping His Pet by WibusJaga: 6:01pm On Jun 01, 2022
How many times I don see soldier kick & slap person for Naija. Animal Rights in UK are more valued than Human Rights in Naija.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nneka Ogwumike: WNBAs Most Valuable Player 2016 / Who Replaces Ndidi For Black Stars Clash? / Baciro Cande Collapses, Rushed To Hospital After AFCON Qualifying Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.