Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,051 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

APC Primary: Sanwo-Olu, Ganduje, Oyetola Insist On Tinubu As Consensus Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Primary: Sanwo-Olu, Ganduje, Oyetola Insist On Tinubu As Consensus Candidate (28164 Views)

Buhari, Governors Agree On Adamu As Consensus Chair / PDP Primaries, NW Leaders Endorse Markarfi As Consensus Candidate / Sowore Rejects PACT Result After Fela Durotoye Emerged As Consensus Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Primary: Sanwo-Olu, Ganduje, Oyetola Insist On Tinubu As Consensus Candidate by bennybuhari: 3:11pm On Jun 02, 2022
By Temidayo Akinsuyi

All Progressives Congress (APC) governors loyal to Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, a frontline presidential aspirants of the ruling party have rejected the idea of a northern consensus candidate ahead of the Presidential primary slated for next week Monday.

The governors are sharply divided over the directive by President Muhammadu Buhari asking that he should be allowed to pick his successor through a consensus arrangement.

The pro- Tinubu governors, led by Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, Abdullahi Ganduje, Gboyega Oyetola, Babagana Zulum.

Credible presidency sources had earlier informed Daily Independent that the President is desirous of having his deputy, Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo succeed him even though he is yet to formally announce his choice.

However, some power brokers in the ruling party who felt that no Southern candidate can match Atiku Abubakar, who has emerged as the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) are pushing for a Northern candidate to split the votes from the North.

They are therefore proposing Senate President, Ahmad Lawan and Jigawa State Governor, Abubakar Badaru.

Sources in the party informed our correspondent that the governours loyal to Tinubu had vehemently kicked against the proposal for a Northern presidential candidate, saying if the party insists on a consensus candidate, it must be the former Lagos state governor.

“The meeting of the governors at the Asokoro residence of the Chairman of Progressives Governors’ Forum and Kebbi State Governor, Atiku Bagudu, held yesterday ended in a deadlock as they failed to reach a consensus”.

Tinubu’s loyalists are of the view that President Buhari has the right to choose his preferred aspirant but he should allow a primary where other aspirants can test their popularity. Nobody should be asked to step down against their wish”.

” They are also of the views that if the party insists on fielding a consensus candidate, then that candidate must be Tinubu as he is the only one with the clout to defeat a strong politician like Atiku”.

” They also faulted the claim by some of their colleagues that no Southerner can defeat Atiku saying Tinubu enjoys the same popularity as the late MKO Abiola who defeated the late Bashir Tofa in his home state of Kano and won the annulled June 12, 1993, presidential election”.
https://independent.ng/apc-primary-sanwo-olu-ganduje-oyetola-insist-on-tinubu-as-consensus-candidate/

29 Likes

Re: APC Primary: Sanwo-Olu, Ganduje, Oyetola Insist On Tinubu As Consensus Candidate by Abdul05: 3:14pm On Jun 02, 2022
Let us appraise the situation and think together this way...

Tinubu has total. control over the south west Vis-a-vis that of buhari over the north west and some parts of North east. None of other APC members controlling the south south and south east... grin

So if buhari must choose his successor ..he is either from the north west or south west..and if not from both sides ..APC will die for sure... grin

If not tinubu ,osinbajo is likely to be...

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: APC Primary: Sanwo-Olu, Ganduje, Oyetola Insist On Tinubu As Consensus Candidate by IjawRep: 3:14pm On Jun 02, 2022
I and my Ijaw people will vote Peter Obi wether Tinubu get the APC ticket or not.
Because its South East turn.
I hate discrimination.
We Ijaws being the 4th largest tribe out of 380 tribes no be small thing.

146 Likes 9 Shares

Re: APC Primary: Sanwo-Olu, Ganduje, Oyetola Insist On Tinubu As Consensus Candidate by itaewon: 3:15pm On Jun 02, 2022
IjawRep:
I and my Ijaw people will vote Peter Obi wether Tinubu get the APC ticket or not.
that is your problem

96 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Primary: Sanwo-Olu, Ganduje, Oyetola Insist On Tinubu As Consensus Candidate by hisexcellency34: 3:18pm On Jun 02, 2022
Game on. Let's see who blinks first. Tinubu won't go down without a fight

10 Likes

Re: APC Primary: Sanwo-Olu, Ganduje, Oyetola Insist On Tinubu As Consensus Candidate by Philipponzaghi: 3:18pm On Jun 02, 2022
A CITY BOY should be allowed to be president for once!

Asiwaju Jagaban is the ONLY candidate that can match Atiku in that presidential election.

619 Likes 11 Shares

Re: APC Primary: Sanwo-Olu, Ganduje, Oyetola Insist On Tinubu As Consensus Candidate by Urheadmaster(m): 3:18pm On Jun 02, 2022
IjawRep:
I hate cheating.
the last time I checked, Buhari has his own opinion about what Nigerians thinks tongue

1 Like

Re: APC Primary: Sanwo-Olu, Ganduje, Oyetola Insist On Tinubu As Consensus Candidate by Urheadmaster(m): 3:19pm On Jun 02, 2022
hisexcellency34:
Game on. Let's see who blinks first. Tinubu won't go down without a fight
The pressure is what makes Nigeria politics interesting tongue

2 Likes

Re: APC Primary: Sanwo-Olu, Ganduje, Oyetola Insist On Tinubu As Consensus Candidate by Philipponzaghi: 3:20pm On Jun 02, 2022
IjawRep:
I hate cheating.
4th largest tribe out of 380 tribes no be small thing.

That’s why Ijaw delegates did not vote Anyim an Ibo candidate in the PDP presidential primaries. Except if your support for them is just audio.

We have numerous Ijaw sons/daughters clearly supporting Asiwaju so you also have the right to support Peter Obi or Atiku.

It is democracy, one man one vote!

629 Likes 6 Shares

Re: APC Primary: Sanwo-Olu, Ganduje, Oyetola Insist On Tinubu As Consensus Candidate by OBALOLA55(m): 3:21pm On Jun 02, 2022
I SEE GANDUJE GOING TO PRISON SOON

339 Likes 98 Shares

Re: APC Primary: Sanwo-Olu, Ganduje, Oyetola Insist On Tinubu As Consensus Candidate by TheNiceGuy(m): 3:22pm On Jun 02, 2022

572 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Primary: Sanwo-Olu, Ganduje, Oyetola Insist On Tinubu As Consensus Candidate by Philipponzaghi: 3:22pm On Jun 02, 2022
OBALOLA55:
I SEE GANDUJE GOING TO PRISON SOON

There is nothing Meth cannot cause.

593 Likes 8 Shares

Re: APC Primary: Sanwo-Olu, Ganduje, Oyetola Insist On Tinubu As Consensus Candidate by OBALOLA55(m): 3:22pm On Jun 02, 2022
Philipponzaghi:

That’s why Ijaw delegates did not vote Anyim an Ibo candidate in the PDP presidential primaries. Except if your support for them is just audio.

We have numerous Ijaw sons/daughters clearly supporting Asiwaju so you also have the right to support Peter Obi or Atiku.

ACTIVATE YOUR BOT NOW grin

415 Likes 139 Shares

Re: APC Primary: Sanwo-Olu, Ganduje, Oyetola Insist On Tinubu As Consensus Candidate by IjawRep: 3:23pm On Jun 02, 2022
Philipponzaghi:

Will not only support Obi.
Will campaign for Obi too.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Primary: Sanwo-Olu, Ganduje, Oyetola Insist On Tinubu As Consensus Candidate by Philipponzaghi: 3:23pm On Jun 02, 2022
IjawRep:

Will not only support Obi.
Will campaign for Obi too.

Yes, it is your right because it’s a democracy.

One man one vote. Give your vote to Obi, no one is denying you your right!

584 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC Primary: Sanwo-Olu, Ganduje, Oyetola Insist On Tinubu As Consensus Candidate by Mickykarim: 3:23pm On Jun 02, 2022
SO BE IT, IF THERE MUST BE A CONSENSUS, WHICH IS UNDEMOCRATIC.

ABAT already has about one third of the delegates in his kitty. About ten states and at least about four going by the four governors insisting on him as the most appropriate consensus candidate.

WHICHEVER WAY THIS WENT, APC IS STUCK WITH THE Tinubu PHENOMENON. ANYTHING ON THE CONTRARY, APC AS A POLITICAL PARTY CAN KISS THE PRESIDENCY A GOODBYE.

It is good to be strait forward with your word. Else, APC would not have found itself in the mess they ae in, currently.

WHY SELL FORMS TO ALL TOM DICK AND HARRY. WHEN YOU KNEW YOU WILL BE GUNNING FOR A CONSENSUS CANDIDATE.

Including, why would anyone who made his money through hard work -if any amongst the pack, except one- want to throw away a hundred million Naira and listen cum condone the consensus NONSENSE?

18 Likes

Re: APC Primary: Sanwo-Olu, Ganduje, Oyetola Insist On Tinubu As Consensus Candidate by XerXers: 3:24pm On Jun 02, 2022
Yoruba people should stop comparing Atiku to Tofa. Atiku is a money bag and experienced politician unlike Tofa. Secondly, Peter Obi will divide southern votes, making victory easy for Atiku

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Primary: Sanwo-Olu, Ganduje, Oyetola Insist On Tinubu As Consensus Candidate by Philipponzaghi: 3:24pm On Jun 02, 2022
XerXers:
Yoruba people should stop comparing Atiku to Tofa. Atiku is a money bag and experienced politician unlike Tofa. Secondly, Peter Obi will divide southern votes, making victory easy for Atiku

Obi Pandora will only divide SE vote. There is nothing like SOUTHERN votes.

PDP will even still win the SE, if you have money we can take a bet on it.

Lastly, the West is different from the East just as the South is different from the East. Nothing like Southern unity, stop living in delusion.

591 Likes 8 Shares

Re: APC Primary: Sanwo-Olu, Ganduje, Oyetola Insist On Tinubu As Consensus Candidate by XerXers: 3:26pm On Jun 02, 2022
Philipponzaghi:

Lol. Primary election is different from general election. Anyim does not have dollars and there is hunger in the land

1 Like

Re: APC Primary: Sanwo-Olu, Ganduje, Oyetola Insist On Tinubu As Consensus Candidate by Philipponzaghi: 3:26pm On Jun 02, 2022
XerXers:

Lol. Primary election is different from general election. Anyim does not have dollars and there is hunger in the land

If Dollar can buy primaries, who tells you it won’t buy general election?

The Nigerian populace have the same mindset as the delegates. So if the Ijaw delegates can sell out and deny Ibo Anyim, who tell you they won’t sell out and vote Atiku instead of Obi Pandora in the election?

574 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Primary: Sanwo-Olu, Ganduje, Oyetola Insist On Tinubu As Consensus Candidate by OBALOLA55(m): 3:26pm On Jun 02, 2022
Philipponzaghi:

There is nothing Meth cannot cause.
YOU MEAN THE ONE AMOUDA LAMIDI SANGODELE AKA TINUBU THE EL-CHAPO OF AFRICA INTRODUCED TO NIGERIANS undecided

420 Likes 145 Shares

Re: APC Primary: Sanwo-Olu, Ganduje, Oyetola Insist On Tinubu As Consensus Candidate by PrinceOfLagos: 3:27pm On Jun 02, 2022
Ganduje would wish Tinubu wins so that he won't go to jail

Ganduje the dollar dollar babanriga stuffing crook

422 Likes 148 Shares

Re: APC Primary: Sanwo-Olu, Ganduje, Oyetola Insist On Tinubu As Consensus Candidate by Mossadd: 3:29pm On Jun 02, 2022
Only osibanjo/zulum or osibanjo/Elrufai can shake Atiku body well well if osibanjo get apc ticket today I will go and collect my pvc the next day though obi would have been my number one candidate but obi can't win in LP don't let us decieve ourselves voting for obi in Labour Party is wasting of my energy and vote,I will rather sleep at home than to go out under the sun to cast my vote for OBI in Labour or TINUBU

424 Likes 159 Shares

Re: APC Primary: Sanwo-Olu, Ganduje, Oyetola Insist On Tinubu As Consensus Candidate by franchasofficia: 3:29pm On Jun 02, 2022
Lol
Re: APC Primary: Sanwo-Olu, Ganduje, Oyetola Insist On Tinubu As Consensus Candidate by Sammy07: 3:29pm On Jun 02, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
Ganduje would wish Tinubu wins so that he won't go to jail

Ganduje the dollar dollar babanriga stuffing crook

Presidency is Coming to South West.

Any of them is okay with us, even if na Fáyẹmí

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Primary: Sanwo-Olu, Ganduje, Oyetola Insist On Tinubu As Consensus Candidate by PrinceOfLagos: 3:32pm On Jun 02, 2022
Sammy07:

Presidency is Coming to South West.

Any of them is okay with us, even if na Fáyẹmí
Tinubu is not Okay that Osibanjo stands a better chance than him

415 Likes 152 Shares

Re: APC Primary: Sanwo-Olu, Ganduje, Oyetola Insist On Tinubu As Consensus Candidate by fyneguy: 3:32pm On Jun 02, 2022
Philipponzaghi:

Obi Pandora will only divide SE vote. There is nothing like SOUTHERN votes.

PDP will even still win the SE, if you have money we can take a bet on it.

Lastly, the West is different from the East just as the South is different from the East. Nothing like Southern unity, stop living in delusion.

cheesy these people think SW will vote for Peter Obi.

Yoruba are waiting for Tinubu to get APC ticket, then people will see SW magic lol

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Primary: Sanwo-Olu, Ganduje, Oyetola Insist On Tinubu As Consensus Candidate by Imortal001: 3:33pm On Jun 02, 2022
I pity tinubu and his gang!

3 Likes

Re: APC Primary: Sanwo-Olu, Ganduje, Oyetola Insist On Tinubu As Consensus Candidate by osinbanjoisaliar: 3:34pm On Jun 02, 2022
These Governors no get any sense for their brain. Where you see Buhari or the northern cabal dey shout about their candidate. Even Buhari no to dey talk. Abi, orna get 570 delegates for orna pocket. Why you con dey complain na. The match na walkover, with 570 delegates, orna don already win. As in orna never begin cry yet. Orna go cry river Niger on the day of convention. And as for you, sanwo-olu you dey follow Tinubu dey ban Okada to spite the north. Wen dem mean you, ehn, no go dey beg O! Jus put yar trust in BAT, and everytin go dey awright

418 Likes 154 Shares

Re: APC Primary: Sanwo-Olu, Ganduje, Oyetola Insist On Tinubu As Consensus Candidate by Bragalane: 3:34pm On Jun 02, 2022
Who ask your Igbo father any questions or how does the foolishness you have to spew got to do with the tried or who told you not to vote the Pandora Criminal on this thread ? If you like you can vote the devil but others must have their say n if they are more in number than you their candidate must have their way ahead of yours even if your entire household die over that na burn throway dem go burn your Igbo papa.

IjawRep:
I hate discrimination.
We Ijaws being the 4th largest tribe out of 380 tribes no be small thing.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Primary: Sanwo-Olu, Ganduje, Oyetola Insist On Tinubu As Consensus Candidate by Sammy07: 3:34pm On Jun 02, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Tinubu is not Okay that Osibanjo stands a better chance than him

Na ur own problem be that o.

Our position in south west is clear.
Any one is okay, so long they're Yoruba wink

We won't play Obasanjo/Falae card again!

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

IPOB Threatening My Life Because Of Peter Obi – Reno Omokri Raises Alarm / Palliative: Officials Distribute 3 Cups Of Rice With ₦1,000 In Kogi (Video) / Gun Shots At The Rivers State Government House Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.